Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick tasty lunch

I'm putting off going to town today. I sooo don't want to go that I'm
even doing housework to avoid it. How desperate is that!!!
Hunger finally got the best of me and I needed something good, easy
and NOW.

I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook. While that was going I
drizzled a little olive oil in the bottom of my 12" skillet, enough to
fill the bottom and started chopping up about 4 cloves of garlic. When
the oil was heated up I put the garlic in for a quick sauté and during
the last few seconds, sprinkled in some red pepper flakes.
http://i16.tinypic.com/4p0fshy.jpg

When the pasta was done I plated it and drizzled it with the olive oil
and garlic. I decided it needed a little more of a kick so I added
more red pepper flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.
mmmm I'm happy now.
http://i9.tinypic.com/5xzukbk.jpg

Maybe I'll want to go to town later.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/27

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 28, 2:06?pm, Koko wrote:

> I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook.

What brand of whole wheat spaghetti do you use?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<Koko> wrote in message ...
> I'm putting off going to town today. I sooo don't want to go that I'm
> even doing housework to avoid it. How desperate is that!!!
> Hunger finally got the best of me and I needed something good, easy
> and NOW.
>
> I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook. While that was going I
> drizzled a little olive oil in the bottom of my 12" skillet, enough to
> fill the bottom and started chopping up about 4 cloves of garlic. When
> the oil was heated up I put the garlic in for a quick sauté and during
> the last few seconds, sprinkled in some red pepper flakes.
> http://i16.tinypic.com/4p0fshy.jpg
>

> When the pasta was done I plated it and drizzled it with the olive oil
> and garlic. I decided it needed a little more of a kick so I added
> more red pepper flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.
> mmmm I'm happy now.
> http://i9.tinypic.com/5xzukbk.jpg
>
> Maybe I'll want to go to town later.

Sound very nice, all but the whole wheat pasta--I have never found one that
could be cooked al dente, at least by me! But I love simple dishes like this
with regular pasta. I would have to have just a little grated parmesan,
maybe a sprinkle of diced fresh garden tomatoes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 14:47:07 -0700, KevinS > wrote:

>On Jul 28, 2:06?pm, Koko wrote:
>
>> I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook.

>What brand of whole wheat spaghetti do you use?

I use Trader Joe's brand. For my taste it's the best I've found so
far. I don't cook the ww pasta al dente. I really cook it.
I don't care for ww pasta al dente and I've tried several different
brands.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/27

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:27:25 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

><Koko> wrote

snip-to-my-lou

>> I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook.

snip, snip

>Sound very nice, all but the whole wheat pasta--I have never found one that
>could be cooked al dente, at least by me! But I love simple dishes like this
>with regular pasta. I would have to have just a little grated parmesan,
>maybe a sprinkle of diced fresh garden tomatoes.

I don't care for ww pasta al dente, too undercooked tasting for me.
I just cook the heck out of it and enjoy the ww flavor.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 7/27

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<Koko> wrote in message ...
> I'm putting off going to town today. I sooo don't want to go that I'm
> even doing housework to avoid it. How desperate is that!!!
> Hunger finally got the best of me and I needed something good, easy
> and NOW.
>
> I put some whole wheat spaghetti on to cook. While that was going I
> drizzled a little olive oil in the bottom of my 12" skillet, enough to
> fill the bottom and started chopping up about 4 cloves of garlic. When
> the oil was heated up I put the garlic in for a quick sauté and during
> the last few seconds, sprinkled in some red pepper flakes.
> http://i16.tinypic.com/4p0fshy.jpg
>

> When the pasta was done I plated it and drizzled it with the olive oil
> and garlic. I decided it needed a little more of a kick so I added
> more red pepper flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.
> mmmm I'm happy now.
> http://i9.tinypic.com/5xzukbk.jpg
>
> Maybe I'll want to go to town later.

Prior to learning of my food allergies, a favorite quick meal was whole
wheat spaghetti, tons of freshly ground black pepper, a bit of Italian
seasoning, a little butter and some parmesan cheese, all mixed together.
Sometimes I'd toss in a few kidney beans. Ah... Wish I could eat some now!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 Jul 2007 02:24:48 GMT, "Julie Bove" >
wrote:

><Koko>

snippage

>> When the pasta was done I plated it and drizzled it with the olive oil
>> and garlic. I decided it needed a little more of a kick so I added
>> more red pepper flakes and some freshly ground black pepper.
>> mmmm I'm happy now.
>> http://i9.tinypic.com/5xzukbk.jpg
>>
>> Maybe I'll want to go to town later.

>Prior to learning of my food allergies, a favorite quick meal was whole
>wheat spaghetti, tons of freshly ground black pepper, a bit of Italian
>seasoning, a little butter and some parmesan cheese, all mixed together.
>Sometimes I'd toss in a few kidney beans. Ah... Wish I could eat some now!

That's very good too. I usually use cannellini beans in that dish.

Bummer about the food allergies.

Koko
---