FoodBanter.com

-   -   Water slows or stops cooking (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/130094-water-slows-stops-cooking.html)

werty 28-07-2007 08:24 PM

Water slows or stops cooking

Mashed pot' or french fries , which tastes

better ?

The water in mashed pot' , prevents them

from cooking for taste , so we cover the

bad flavor with gravy .

Blah spaghetti sauce , is same problem

too much water . Slowing dry all engredients

even the tomato paste . Now cook each

for flavor ( in oil , if they burn too easy )

Buttermilk pancake mix is cooked in oil

and used to add flavor to S' sauce and

tomato soup .

You test it till all raw flour taste is gone .

All pasta can taste better if you steam it ,

cause it cooks at higher temp ~ 250F .

The flavor is much better .

I never use vinegar in any food .

Ward Abbott 28-07-2007 11:01 PM

Water slows or stops cooking

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:24:34 -0700, werty wrote:

, so we cover the

bad flavor with gravy .

You ARE NOT cooking something/anything right.

Cindy Hamilton 30-07-2007 02:45 PM

On Jul 28, 6:01 pm, Ward Abbott wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:24:34 -0700, werty wrote:
, so we cover the

bad flavor with gravy .

You ARE NOT cooking something/anything right.

Hey! werty is back. He's one of my favorite net.k00ks.

Cindy Hamilton