Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default The Roasters are Back!!!

And roasting!!!

Yep, the first of this season's Hatch chiles are arriving in town. I
went to one of the little produce markets around here, and they were
selling sacks of chiles, and the roasters were set up in the parking
lot. No roasting was going on,fortunately, or I would be in bad shape
right now, especially on an empty stomach. The aroma of roasting
chiles is intoxicating!!!

The loose chiles I saw in the market did look sort of anemic but I am
chalking that up to being just the start of Hatch chile season.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> And roasting!!!
>
> Yep, the first of this season's Hatch chiles are arriving in
> town. I went to one of the little produce markets around
> here, and they were selling sacks of chiles, and the roasters
> were set up in the parking lot. No roasting was going
> on,fortunately, or I would be in bad shape right now,
> especially on an empty stomach. The aroma of roasting chiles
> is intoxicating!!!
>
> The loose chiles I saw in the market did look sort of anemic
> but I am chalking that up to being just the start of Hatch
> chile season.
>
> Christine

The smell of roasting chiles.. is a bit of heaven!! :-)
When exactly is the height of the Hatch chili season? What is a
good price for roasted chiles in your area?

(Sorry to be so lazy to look it up... but I would like to share
with others here, through you.)

Thank you Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 27 Jul 2007 03:28:56 GMT, sandi > wrote:

>The smell of roasting chiles.. is a bit of heaven!! :-)
>When exactly is the height of the Hatch chili season? What is a
>good price for roasted chiles in your area?
>
>(Sorry to be so lazy to look it up... but I would like to share
>with others here, through you.)
>
>Thank you Christine

The height of Hatch chile season comes about September...and the Hatch
chile festival is on Labor Day weekend. Which is also (shameless
plug!) the weekend of the New Mexico Cook-in!!!! The height should
be around Labor Day weekend...and running into September.

I don't know a good price for them yet. I might have to wait til a
bit later in the season.... They were selling the chiles for $20 for
a 40 pound bag..which included the roasting. I think I have seen them
a lot cheaper later in the season, and at some of the places which
specialize in the chiles and roasting.

Comin' to the cook-in?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On 27 Jul 2007 03:28:56 GMT, sandi >
> wrote:
>

>>The smell of roasting chiles.. is a bit of heaven!! :-)
>>When exactly is the height of the Hatch chili season? What is
>>a good price for roasted chiles in your area?
>>
>>(Sorry to be so lazy to look it up... but I would like to
>>share with others here, through you.)
>>
>>Thank you Christine

> The height of Hatch chile season comes about September...and
> the Hatch chile festival is on Labor Day weekend. Which is
> also (shameless plug!) the weekend of the New Mexico
> Cook-in!!!! The height should be around Labor Day
> weekend...and running into September.
>
> I don't know a good price for them yet. I might have to wait
> til a bit later in the season.... They were selling the
> chiles for $20 for a 40 pound bag..which included the
> roasting. I think I have seen them a lot cheaper later in the
> season, and at some of the places which specialize in the
> chiles and roasting.
>
> Comin' to the cook-in?
>
> Christine

I'd love to come your cook-in. I'm considering it. :-)

Any DIY coffee roasters in the DC or NoVA area? [email protected] General Cooking 2 11-11-2014 11:57 PM
Nut roasters? [email protected] Cooking Equipment 1 30-06-2009 10:19 PM
roasters higgledy General Cooking 20 20-11-2006 05:43 PM
Oval covered Roasters Doug Weller General Cooking 12 07-10-2005 06:59 PM
Electric roasters Scotty General Cooking 16 18-12-2004 03:39 PM