Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Green bell pepper

Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic, red
chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at the
end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.

A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
beef or chicken in it.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic, red
> chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at the
> end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.
>
> A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
> beef or chicken in it.

Needs rice too (that'll work him up!)

Today was Chinese Food Day at work today. I had the garlic chicken
combo, which is chicken stir-fried with green pepper, water chestnuts,
bamboo shoots, and carrots. I get it with white rice instead of the
usual fried.

The combo also comes with soup (hot and sour), fried wonton, crab
Rangoon, and a fortune cookie. It seems that this is a lucky time for
me and that I should take a chance.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
Steve Wertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 08:43:00 -0700, Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
> > Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic, red
> > chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at the
> > end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.

> The single most important Asian sauce for stir-fry is oyster
> sauce rather than soy sauce. Try using some of that next time.

Hoisin (a good one) is right up there too. By "a good one" I mean
something other than la Choy or Dynasty -- Lee Kum Kee is not bad.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking
isw isw is offline

In article >,
"Default User" > wrote:

> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
>
> > Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic, red
> > chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at the
> > end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.
> >
> > A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
> > beef or chicken in it.

> Needs rice too (that'll work him up!)
>

> Today was Chinese Food Day at work today. I had the garlic chicken
> combo, which is chicken stir-fried with green pepper, water chestnuts,
> bamboo shoots, and carrots.

Where's the garlic? Properly done, that dish comes out of the kitchen
all by itself, blowing the door off as it comes.

Isaac
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 26, 1:30 pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic, red
> > chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at the
> > end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.

> > A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
> > beef or chicken in it.

> Needs rice too (that'll work him up!)

Then it wouldn't have been "diet."

> Today was Chinese Food Day at work today. I had the garlic chicken
> combo, which is chicken stir-fried with green pepper, water chestnuts,
> bamboo shoots, and carrots. I get it with white rice instead of the
> usual fried.

I wish I'd had a can of bamboo, some carrots and some mushrooms, but I
did not.

> Brian

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

isw wrote:

> In article >,
> "Default User" > wrote:
>
> > Bobo Bonobo. wrote:
> >
> > > Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic,
> > > red chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at
> > > the end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.
> > >
> > > A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
> > > beef or chicken in it.

> > Needs rice too (that'll work him up!)
> >

> > Today was Chinese Food Day at work today. I had the garlic chicken
> > combo, which is chicken stir-fried with green pepper, water
> > chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrots.

> Where's the garlic? Properly done, that dish comes out of the kitchen
> all by itself, blowing the door off as it comes.

I was only referencing the major visible products. There was a sauce as
well, which does contain some garlic, although not overwhelmingly so.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jul 26, 1:30 pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> > Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > > Three green bell peppers, stir fried in peanut oil with garlic,
> > > red chile flakes and a tiny bit of msg. Added soy sauce right at
> > > the end. An extra spinkling of cayenne after plating and tasting.

> > > A good diet breakfast. Would have been better with a little pork,
> > > beef or chicken in it.

> > Needs rice too (that'll work him up!)

> Then it wouldn't have been "diet."

Depends on your "diet".

> > Today was Chinese Food Day at work today. I had the garlic chicken
> > combo, which is chicken stir-fried with green pepper, water
> > chestnuts, bamboo shoots, and carrots. I get it with white rice
> > instead of the usual fried.

> I wish I'd had a can of bamboo, some carrots and some mushrooms, but I
> did not.

I make a lot of stir-fry at home, so I always have those on hand there.

Brian

won't shut up.

Do Not Pity The Green Bell Pepper...!!! Gregory Morrow[_40_] General Cooking 11 13-08-2009 05:00 PM
REC: Bell Pepper Relish Andrea2 Diabetic 4 20-02-2006 10:29 PM
Bell Pepper Salsa Duckie ® Recipes 0 22-06-2005 01:45 AM
Green Bell Pepper Powder Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 39 10-05-2005 12:57 PM