Bob Pastorio

Default FoodSaver redux

Have you had any disasters with yours?

Unpleasant surprises?

Have you had any triumphs nobody else knows about?

Or maybe some that a few other people know about?

Techniques or methods you came up with?

Have you tried any other vacuum sealers? With what sorts of results?

Pastorio

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Cian O'Donnell
> wrote:
(snip)

> Now Bob, I'll bet your own advice to another who might be asking such
> questions might be, "Shaddup and use the damned thing already...!" )

> You're gonna love it.
>
> I'd tell you more, but then I'd have to kill you.
>
> ________________
> Cian O'Donnell

Nah, he's just doing some fast research for a radio program that's going
to air in two days. :-)
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-10-03; check the PickleHats tab)
BOB

Default FoodSaver redux Reply OT

In ,
Bob Pastorio > typed:
> Have you had any disasters with yours?
>
> Unpleasant surprises?
>
> Have you had any triumphs nobody else knows about?
>
> Or maybe some that a few other people know about?
>
> Techniques or methods you came up with?
>
> Have you tried any other vacuum sealers? With what sorts of results?
>
> Pastorio

Completely OT for rec.food.cooking, BUT...
I've used the Foodsaver to pack my extra clothing when going camping or
offshore sailing.
In sailing races in rough weather, when everything is soaked both on deck and
below (we sail in super light and ultra light boats) it's nice to pick up the
gear bag out of the water on the floor where it has fallen, laugh at the
others, as I put on dry clothes to finish the more comfortable portions of
the race.
Great for camping, too. Matches, dried foods, clothing...
I'm still looking for more uses.

BOB

Steve Calvin

BOB wrote:
<snip>
> Completely OT for rec.food.cooking, BUT...
> I've used the Foodsaver to pack my extra clothing when going camping or
> offshore sailing.
> In sailing races in rough weather, when everything is soaked both on deck and
> below (we sail in super light and ultra light boats) it's nice to pick up the
> gear bag out of the water on the floor where it has fallen, laugh at the
> others, as I put on dry clothes to finish the more comfortable portions of
> the race.
> Great for camping, too. Matches, dried foods, clothing...
> I'm still looking for more uses.
>
> BOB

Yup, as I posted in the other thread. Perfect for anything that needs
to be kept dry in an outdoor environment.

Don't forget the matches and medical supplies.

--
Steve

BOB

Steve Calvin typed:
> BOB wrote:
> <snip>
>> Completely OT for rec.food.cooking, BUT...
>> I've used the Foodsaver to pack my extra clothing when going camping or
>> offshore sailing.
>> In sailing races in rough weather, when everything is soaked both on deck

and
>> below (we sail in super light and ultra light boats) it's nice to pick up

the
>> gear bag out of the water on the floor where it has fallen, laugh at the
>> others, as I put on dry clothes to finish the more comfortable portions of
>> the race.
>> Great for camping, too. Matches, dried foods, clothing...
>> I'm still looking for more uses.
>>
>> BOB
>>

> Yup, as I posted in the other thread. Perfect for anything that needs
> to be kept dry in an outdoor environment.
>
> Don't forget the matches and medical supplies.
>
> --
> Steve

"Other" thread?
I've been away from computers since Friday morning...it's going to take me a
while to get through 986 posts with more coming in... <VBG>

BOB