FoodBanter.com

-   -   Trick or Treat (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/1293-trick-treat.html)

K3 14-10-2003 01:49 PM

Trick or Treat

BOO!!!

I was diggin' out 'da 'ol Halloween decorations yesterday and found a few
2-1/2# bags of leftover candy from last year... still sealed in the original
packaging...

The Tootsie Rolls are still tender... everything was stored in an
semi-airtight container.

Is it safe to hand out this year? Or should I toss it out?

--
Kendall F. Stratton III
Fort Fairfield, Maine USA

http://home.maine.rr.com/k3

"Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!"

Peggy 14-10-2003 03:37 PM

Trick or Treat

K3 wrote:
> BOO!!!
>
> I was diggin' out 'da 'ol Halloween decorations yesterday and found a few
> 2-1/2# bags of leftover candy from last year... still sealed in the original
> packaging...
>
> The Tootsie Rolls are still tender... everything was stored in an
> semi-airtight container.
>
> Is it safe to hand out this year? Or should I toss it out?
>

> --
> Kendall F. Stratton III
> Fort Fairfield, Maine USA

http://home.maine.rr.com/k3

> "Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!"

What could possibly injure a Tootsie Roll? I'd give 'em out.
Cheers!
Peg

PENMART01 14-10-2003 07:54 PM

Trick or Treat

Peggy writes:

>K3 wrote:
>>
>>I was diggin' out 'da 'ol Halloween decorations yesterday and found
>>a few 2-1/2# bags of leftover candy from last year... still sealed in the
>>original packaging...
>>
>>The Tootsie Rolls are still tender... everything was stored in an
>>semi-airtight container.
>>
>>Is it safe to hand out this year? Or should I toss it out?

>What could possibly injure a Tootsie Roll? I'd give 'em out.

Aging halloween candy can only be an improvement... even if they're jawbreaker
hard, so what, they're not your little punkinhead's dental bills... heheheheh

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Jack Schidt® 15-10-2003 12:21 AM

Trick or Treat

"K3" > wrote in message
> BOO!!!
>
> I was diggin' out 'da 'ol Halloween decorations yesterday and found a few
> 2-1/2# bags of leftover candy from last year... still sealed in the

original
> packaging...
>
> The Tootsie Rolls are still tender... everything was stored in an
> semi-airtight container.
>
> Is it safe to hand out this year? Or should I toss it out?

It's safe, Ken. The half-life on that stuff approaches that of Thorium.

Jack Curie

JLove98905 15-10-2003 12:33 AM

Trick or Treat

Curious....does bagged candy usually have a stamped expiration date?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright