Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Tesco comes to the US

Tesco, the UK supermarket group, is to focus the operations of its new US "Fresh
& Easy" small supermarkets around a "customer assistant" whose role reflects a
shift away from traditional approaches to US food store staffing.

<snip>

Tesco is expected to open its first stores in southern California, Arizona and
Nevada in the fourth quarter of this year. It has secured more than 100 sites,
and is also now securing sites in northern California around San Jose,
Sacramento and Oakland.

Read more he

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9909e0d6-33c...0779fd2ac.html

Dimitri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > ha scritto nel messaggio
t...
> Tesco, the UK supermarket group, is to focus the operations of its new US
> "Fresh & Easy" small supermarkets around a "customer assistant" whose role
> reflects a shift away from traditional approaches to US food store
> staffing.
>
> <snip>
>
> Tesco is expected to open its first stores in southern California, Arizona
> and Nevada in the fourth quarter of this year. It has secured more than
> 100 sites, and is also now securing sites in northern California around
> San Jose, Sacramento and Oakland.
>
> Read more he
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9909e0d6-33c...0779fd2ac.html
>

> Dimitri

Dimitri. I Am very glad to see you again in this NG. I have seen that
wonderful pic with the seaside (It's Greece isn't it?).
Cheers my friend!

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
t...
> Tesco, the UK supermarket group, is to focus the operations of its new US
> "Fresh & Easy" small supermarkets around a "customer assistant" whose role
> reflects a shift away from traditional approaches to US food store
> staffing.
>
> <snip>
>
> Tesco is expected to open its first stores in southern California, Arizona
> and Nevada in the fourth quarter of this year. It has secured more than
> 100 sites, and is also now securing sites in northern California around
> San Jose, Sacramento and Oakland.
>
> Read more he
>
> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9909e0d6-33c...0779fd2ac.html
>

> Dimitri

I find it interesting that here in the US we complain about imported goods,
buying Japanese cars, but we welcome foreign ownership of our food
distribution network.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

The US can learn a lot about food distribution from the UK
supermarkets.

The UK supermarkets have been using own name brands for decades,
not just getting manufacturers to rebadge products but actually
buying direct from farmers and producers buying their whole
crop.

Some farmers in Europe only produce for specific supermarkets.

The quality is excellent also.

Thats why Walmart bought Asda a huge Brit supermarket chain.
Walmart is now bringing in the George brand of clothing into the
US from Asda.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Only if they bring Ribena and Elastoplasts!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 01:24:10 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
et...
>> Tesco, the UK supermarket group, is to focus the operations of its new US
>> "Fresh & Easy" small supermarkets around a "customer assistant" whose role
>> reflects a shift away from traditional approaches to US food store
>> staffing.
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> Tesco is expected to open its first stores in southern California, Arizona
>> and Nevada in the fourth quarter of this year. It has secured more than
>> 100 sites, and is also now securing sites in northern California around
>> San Jose, Sacramento and Oakland.
>>
>> Read more he
>>
>> http://www.ft.com/cms/s/9909e0d6-33c...0779fd2ac.html
>>

>> Dimitri

>I find it interesting that here in the US we complain about imported goods,
>buying Japanese cars, but we welcome foreign ownership of our food
>distribution network.

that's right. and as we all know, the u.k. is on the verge of being
taken over by dusky islamofascists. beware!

your pal,
michelle

UK only Tesco Fizz £9.50 JT Wine 0 14-05-2011 08:36 AM
Tesco just can't get a break Mark Thorson General Cooking 0 02-10-2009 07:01 PM
A tale of Tesco and Ice-Cream djimbo Diabetic 10 14-04-2009 10:43 AM
Tesco - A Multicultural Problem St Georges Day April 23rd General Cooking 50 19-04-2008 08:29 PM
Tesco - Latest Coupons [email protected] General Cooking 0 02-02-2006 07:20 PM