FoodBanter.com

-   -   Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/129258-meatloaf-shredded-wheat.html)

ipmsFL 19-07-2007 05:38 PM

Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
out? Thanks.

ER

cybercat 19-07-2007 07:19 PM

Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

"ipmsFL" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
> she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
> out? Thanks.

Substitute shredded wheat for cracker or bread crumbs. Crumble it up. Voila!

Dimitri 19-07-2007 07:37 PM

Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

"ipmsFL" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
> she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
> out? Thanks.
>
> ER

See below.

Dimitri

Kraft Foods site:

Savory Meatloaf

Recipe Rating:

Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 1 hr 15 min
Makes: 12 servings

2 eggs
1 cup milk
2 lb. ground beef
3 biscuits POST Shredded Wheat Cereal, crushed
1 can (8 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

PREHEAT oven to 375°F. Beat eggs and milk in large bowl with wire whisk until
well blended. Add remaining ingredients; mix well.
SHAPE meat mixture into oval loaf in shallow baking pan.
BAKE 1 hour or until cooked through (160°F).

[email protected] 19-07-2007 11:18 PM

On Jul 19, 12:38 pm, ipmsFL > wrote:
> My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
> she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
> out? Thanks.
>
> ER

I never heard of it, but I've experimented with a lot of different
fillers for meatloaf and all of them turned out well. (rolled oats,
rye bread, poppy seed rolls, pumpernickel, rice, etc.).

I'd substitute equal amounts of crushed shredded wheat and mix it with
the liquid ingedients first for a softer meatloaf, or with the ground
meat for a drier loaf. Depending on how you like it, you might have
to add more liquid

BTW: If your recipe calls for ketchup, try tomato paste instead and
add you own seasonings: paprika, black pepper, basil, worchestershire
sauce.

ipmsFL 20-07-2007 12:33 AM

Meatloaf With Shredded Wheat

On Jul 19, 12:38?pm, ipmsFL > wrote:
> My mother-in-law saw a recipe for meatloaf using shredded wheat but
> she can't remember the recipe or where she saw it. Can anyone help me
> out? Thanks.
>
> ER

Thanks to those who responded.