Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hot Temperature !!!!

"Dan Abel" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> In article >, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>
>> I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
>> have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7°C)
>> outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
>> (28.3°C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are
>> on
>> 104 F (40°C).
>> Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
>> Thank you
>> ------
>> Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can
>> sleep
>> in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

> It's been running about 75F here, about 40 miles north of San Francisco,
> during the day. Nights aren't much cooler.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't believe ! It's too cold to be San
Francisco !!!!!

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:
> "Puester" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>

>>our air conditioner failed four days ago.
>> It will be repaired Tuesday, but in the meantime the forecast is for 100
>> degree F temperatures in the Denver area this weekend.
>>
>> gloria p

> Hello Gloria! I don't know why air conditioners always break when we need
> them and always in summer
> thank you
> Pandora

Air conditioners fail in summer, furnaces fail in winter. I know we
feel very paranoid about it, but they fail when we are USING them.
Ours was 33 years old, installed when our house was built. It should
not have surprised us since it lasted 10 years past its expected life span.

gloria p

OB Food: delicious gazpacho for lunch today, perfect for a hot day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Puester" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> Pandora wrote:
>> "Puester" > ha scritto nel messaggio

>>>our air conditioner failed four days ago.
>>> It will be repaired Tuesday, but in the meantime the forecast is for 100
>>> degree F temperatures in the Denver area this weekend.
>>>
>>> gloria p

>> Hello Gloria! I don't know why air conditioners always break when we need
>> them and always in summer
>> thank you
>> Pandora
>>

> Air conditioners fail in summer, furnaces fail in winter.

AHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Yes It's true!

I know we
> feel very paranoid about it, but they fail when we are USING them.

I know there is the devil's tail ...

> Ours was 33 years old, installed when our house was built. It should not
> have surprised us since it lasted 10 years past its expected life span.
>
> gloria p

10 years after? So You was very lucky"!!!!!!

> OB Food: delicious gazpacho for lunch today, perfect for a hot day.

I don't like gazpacho but I think it's great against the hot weather. I have
begun again to breath only this afternoon because a big thunderstorm was
raging on our valley. I went on the mountain near our house to the Toma
Feast at Usseglio (near Turin), Over 1600 mt. and I have buyed a lot of
good cheese. I have also buyed a cow salami (with few fat) which is like a
"Cotechino"; you must cook it for an hour and then you eat it with polenta
or purèe. Very very good!!
Ohhh! it was so fresh up there

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:42:16 +0200, "Pandora" >
wrote:

>> It's been running about 75F here, about 40 miles north of San Francisco,
>> during the day. Nights aren't much cooler.

>Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't believe ! It's too cold to be San
>Francisco !!!!!

San Francisco in the summer can be downright cold!!!!

There is a quote that has sometimes been attributed to Mark Twain, but
I don't think it is from him.

"The coldest winter I spent, was a summer in San Francisco".

Christine, dreaming of the farmers markets in the bay area.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> San Francisco in the summer can be downright cold!!!!
>
> There is a quote that has sometimes been attributed to Mark Twain, but
> I don't think it is from him.
>
> "The coldest winter I spent, was a summer in San Francisco".
>
> Christine, dreaming of the farmers markets in the bay area.

I'd always heard regarding English summers, that you hoped summer fell
on a weekend.

Obfood: dinner: Salisbury steak, rice with green peas and a mixed baby
green salad dressed in olive oil and seasoned rice wine dressing.

Would have had a nice big gin and tonic except someone liberated my gin
(without telling me nor asking!) for a party elsewhere.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:20:36 -0400, Goomba38 >
wrote:

>Obfood: dinner: Salisbury steak, rice with green peas and a mixed baby
>green salad dressed in olive oil and seasoned rice wine dressing.
>
>Would have had a nice big gin and tonic except someone liberated my gin
>(without telling me nor asking!) for a party elsewhere.....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Why is it that they want you to stay out of their stuff yet everything
you own is automatically "theirs"? I don't get it.

--

A husband is someone who takes out the trash and gives the impression he just cleaned the whole house.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:42:16 +0200, "Pandora" >
> wrote:
>

>>> It's been running about 75F here, about 40 miles north of San Francisco,
>>> during the day. Nights aren't much cooler.

>>Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I don't believe ! It's too cold to be San
>>Francisco !!!!!

> San Francisco in the summer can be downright cold!!!!
>
> There is a quote that has sometimes been attributed to Mark Twain, but
> I don't think it is from him.
>
> "The coldest winter I spent, was a summer in San Francisco".
>
> Christine, dreaming of the farmers markets in the bay area.

Nice sentence . Thank you.

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Pandora wrote:
> >
> > I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot. I
> > have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7°C)
> > outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
> > (28.3°C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are on
> > 104 F (40°C).
> > Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
> > Thank you
> > ------
> > Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can sleep
> > in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)
> >
> > --
> > Kisses
> > Pandora

> We live in the Southwest US (altitude about 1600 metres) and the
> temperature has been between 35 and 40 C for the last few weeks.
> Fortunately we do have a new cooler; it took two weeks from when the old
> cooler broke down until someone could put in the new one. Fans were a
> big help!

We've gone from record-setting heat (97°F/36°C) to near-record rainfall
in 10 days. Most of the houses here do not have air conditioners, so
you just turn on the fans and sweat a lot. July is normally the dry
season in Seattle. Friday the rain held off until just as I was putting
my bike back in the garage after riding home. Yesterday it held off all
day until we were about finished with our shopping at Pike Place Market
(see conch chowder thread for details).

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Cindy Fuller" > ha scritto nel messaggio
> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
>> Pandora wrote:
>> >
>> > I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot.
>> > have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7°C)
>> > outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
>> > (28.3°C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are
>> > on
>> > 104 F (40°C).
>> > Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
>> > Thank you
>> > ------
>> > Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can
>> > sleep
>> > in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)
>> >
>> > --
>> > Kisses
>> > Pandora

>> We live in the Southwest US (altitude about 1600 metres) and the
>> temperature has been between 35 and 40 C for the last few weeks.
>> Fortunately we do have a new cooler; it took two weeks from when the old
>> cooler broke down until someone could put in the new one. Fans were a
>> big help!

> We've gone from record-setting heat (97°F/36°C) to near-record rainfall
> in 10 days. Most of the houses here do not have air conditioners, so
> you just turn on the fans and sweat a lot. July is normally the dry
> season in Seattle. Friday the rain held off until just as I was putting
> my bike back in the garage after riding home. Yesterday it held off all
> day until we were about finished with our shopping at Pike Place Market
> (see conch chowder thread for details).
>
> Cindy

Ohhh! Thank you for this diary! Also here we haven't conditioners. Generalyy
they have in the place where they work (office).

--
Kisses
Pandora

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 12:47:02 GMT, "Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan"
> wrote:

>Yesterday was beautiful. Low humidity and temps in the low 80s. I was
>outside almost all day yesterday. The grill is getting a workout this
>weekend. Tonight I'll be grilling blue cheese burgers, corn on the cob and
>I'll have some sliced tomatoes and cole slaw.
>
>Michael <- inside of house is a mess but the gardens look pretty good

Yesterday was gorgeous here too so I did some yard work in the
afternoon and grilled pork chops later on, the thin ones too much and
the thicker ones perfectly. When I grill, I do enough for several
days so I've got tonight's supper covered.

Today looks to be more of the same weather, but with the yardwork done
I'm going to relax on the back porch and go through my mountain of
junque mail and papers to file. Tonight it will be cool enough to use
the oven so I've got a batch of the no-knead bread dough bubbling
away.

Sue(tm)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora > wrote:
>"Blair P. Houghton" > ha scritto nel messaggio
>> You get used to it after a couple of years.
>> It's like below-zero.

>I couldn't live over 100 F but I could live under zero ( I prefer).
>Now I wonder how could you ride your moto with such a temperature?

For short distances. Anything over about 20 miles requires
planning and the promise of a cold drink at the end.

>Are you Superman?

No, but I wear Lycra(R) Spandex[TM] just about every day.

--Blair
"My other bike has pedals."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan wrote:

> "Default User" > dropped this :in rec.food.cooking
>
> > And thunderboomers.

> > Forecast is for a very nice weekend.

> > Brian

> Yesterday was beautiful. Low humidity and temps in the low 80s. I was
> outside almost all day yesterday. The grill is getting a workout this
> weekend. Tonight I'll be grilling blue cheese burgers, corn on the cob and
> I'll have some sliced tomatoes and cole slaw.

This weekend in Chicawgo was so cool - ish that I made a big crockpot
of lamb stew, something that's hardly mid - summer fare...

Never made it before, it was a big hit...

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pandora wrote:

> "Puester" > ha scritto nel ...
>
> > Pandora wrote:
> >> I think I will take a shower befor sleeping. Here it is very very hot.. I
> >> have inside my house 81.86 F (27.7°C)
> >> outside (and I dont't live in the city, but at 550 mt ) is 82.94 F
> >> (28.3°C). My mother telephoned me just now and told me in Rome they are
> >> on 104 F (40°C).
> >> Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).
> >> Thank you
> >> ------
> >> Pandora who is going to take a cold shower and doesn't know if she can
> >> sleep in this afternoon (fortytwo past one PM here)

> > You have my sympathy. We were in Sweden a few weeks ago and it was cool
> > and rainy the whole time. We came back to Colorado to find temperatures
> > in the mid-to-high 90's. And our air conditioner failed four days ago.
> > It will be repaired Tuesday, but in the meantime the forecast is for 100
> > degree F temperatures in the Denver area this weekend.

> > gloria p

> Hello Gloria! I don't know why air conditioners always break when we need
> them and always in summer

Europeans in general cannot even grasp the *concept* of aircon, let
alone apply it...I guess it's too similar to the concept of iced
drinks.

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 02:11:51 GMT, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

>Pandora > wrote:
>>Tell me what is the situation where do you live (especially in US).

>108F (47.5C) in Phoenix, Arizona. But only 20% relative humidity,
>so no need to shower every 30 minutes..
>
>If you're used to it, it's kind of pleasant.

Spent much of last week on the Jean (Nevada) dry lake bed. 85-90F at
sunrise. Reached 110-114F (in the shade) most days around 1-3 pm.
Humidity only 11% but still not pleasant. I was very glad to get back
to balmy temperatures of around 90F in western Kentucky.

Food topic: Am picking and eating fresh tomatoes every day now.
Dinner tonight was Mexican lasagna: flour tortillas, ground beef with
spices and tomatoes, more tortillas, topped with cottage cheese and
egg and jack cheese. Bake, then top with plenty of chopped fresh
tomatoes and more cheese and olives and sweet vidalia onion. I ate
two large helpings, consoling myself that there was a large vegetable
contingent in the dish.

Best -- Terry

Temperature [email protected] Cooking Equipment 0 24-04-2008 09:05 PM
temperature? Mike Winemaking 0 21-05-2005 11:13 PM
what temperature Me Wine 13 09-05-2004 10:34 PM
Must Temperature Don Winemaking 6 10-03-2004 01:35 AM
Temperature Amadeu Winemaking 3 09-12-2003 03:25 AM