Old 14-07-2007, 09:47 PM posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

Default Anchor Baby gets heart surgery while Americans die for lack of health insurance

On Jul 14, 11:20 am, gringogirl wrote:
Following you will find that another Mexican anchor baby has been
given heart surgery at our expense and ICE has allowed the illegal
family to stay in the US another year so we the taxpayer can pay for
their baby's medical treatments.
This is because Mexico won't pay for the baby and the United
States, a country with millions without any medical insurance, always
has money to spend on illegal aliens.
Following you will find the phone number for ICE. Pls call and tell
them this is not okay, that you are an American and they have no right
to do make exceptions to immigration law and spend money that should
go to an American citizen in need.
At the bottom, is another, true letter, of an American woman who is
dying of breast cancer and who is being denied medical treatments. She
will die without them.
There is an email address to send a letter to and if you call the
Montana Governors office and demand that this woman be given her
needed chemo.
This is one of millions of examples where Americans are given the
short end of the stick in favor of illegal aliens and their anchor
babies.

http://www.montereyherald.com/ci_636...ce=most_viewed
I wonder how much this one family is going to cost the taxpayers?

This was a very difficult address to get
THE GOVERNMENT DOES NOT WISH TO BE BOTHERED BY CITIZENS
Please use this address and often
How to contact and report illegal aliens in the Portland Oregon area.
The number is 503 326 7475
However they do not ever take any reports over the phone.'
You must use snail mail.
The address is:
Immigration & Customs Enforcement
Attn: Investigations
511 NW Broadway
Portland Oregon 97209
Give as much information as possible.

For those of you at work, I just want to apologize for disputing your
schedule. As many of you are well aware, and for those of you who do
not know the situation, my mother was diagnosed with breast cancer in
May of this year. In her ignorance, she never bothered to get a
mammogram until her cancer was far into the advanced stages. She has
undergone a mastectomy and has been scheduled to receive 8 aggressive
chemo treatments that will continue thru September. According to the
general cancer chart that she was given she has a 54% survival rate.
That's not great, but it could be a lot worse.

The reason why I'm talking to everyone today is because as of late a
pretty concerning and stressful situation arose. As many of you are
aware, medical bills are extremely expensive. Especially when you're
talking surgery, chemo, blood work, the numerous consultations...etc.
My mother was with a program offered in Helena called Breast &
Cervical. What they do is sponsor cancer patients and pay 100% of
their bills until they need a mastectomy and chemo. After that they
refer you to Medicaid that is suppose to pick up the rest of the
bill. However when my mother applied for Medicaid they denied her
coverage because she has Medicare A. Medicare A covers all of the
basics such as doctor visits and hospital stays after a $900
deductible. It does not extend beyond that. At the time of her
diagnosis she was ineligible to apply for the 2nd half of Medicare,
which is part B. You are only given one month out of the year to
apply and if you miss that deadline, you're basically screwed until
the following year during their open window. The reason why my mother
did not have Medicare part b in the first place was because they
raised the premiums to over $300 a month, which she just couldn't
afford. I highly doubt that I'd be able to afford that much a month
on health insurance either.

Without Medicaid, my mother will not be able to afford her chemo
treatments. Which frightens me to say, lowers her survival rate. She
is currently trying to appeal the decision made by Medicaid. The
oncology office said that they would continue to allow her treatments
until her appeal hearing is over. If they do not grant this in her
favor, there is not a guarantee that they will continue with the
chemo.

What I'm trying to do is get the Citizen Advocates involved. My
mother has written them a letter and I myself have sent them a
letter. This policy needs to change! My mother is not the only woman
affected my this; already 3 other women have been denied chemo
treatments due to this legal loophole. I strongly believe in strength
in numbers and I ask you to please join me in sending Citizen
Advocates a letter. To let them know that this type of treatment is
not okay. People should not have to beg to keep their life. They
should not have to fight the state or the government in order to stay
alive. What kind of country is this?? I'd also like to mention that
the state of Montana this year had an $80 million surplus that they
didn't know what to do with. That said, I think now is a great time
for them to extend their Breast and Cervical policy.

I'm going to leave with you the email address to the citizen
advocates. If you don't know what to say, I'll also include a little
paragraph that you can just cut and paste into the email and send
off. Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know who might
be able to help, or may be interested in sending a letter to them.

Thank you for reading this and for all your help. I'm open to
suggestions too if anyone has any.

that is citizenadvocate at mt.gov

To Citizen Advocates:

I'm sending you this letter in regards to a Medicaid policy that is
denying women the cancer treatment they deserve. It has recently come
to my attention that there is a cancer patient by the name of Ginger
Persinger who has been denied Medicaid treatment due to the fact that
she has Medicare A. It needs to be made aware that Medicare A only
covers basic treatment. It does not allow for chemo or any other
treatment that may be needed. If you are aware of the Medicare policy
you'll know that you cannot apply for Part B, except for the last week
in February. It should not be acceptable for a person to have to
suffer and let their cancer spread until February 2008. This policy
needs to be looked at and reconsidered. Please take a stand for the
people and help us in fighting this cause. No one should have to
suffer for lack of medical insurance.

Thanks!

Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

greg

Old 14-07-2007, 10:13 PM posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

On Jul 14, 3:47 pm, wrote:
On Jul 14, 11:20 am, gringogirl wrote:

The reason why my mother
did not have Medicare part b in the first place was because they
raised the premiums to over $300 a month, which she just couldn't
afford.

Nonsense. The 2007 premiums are 93.50 for Medicare part B.

The time restriction for applying for Medicare part B when over 65
seems like bureaucratic nonsense which should be fixed.

I don't see how a baby's heart surgery has anything to do with a
citizen getting Medicare.

--
Ron

that is citizenadvocate at mt.gov

To Citizen Advocates:

[...]

Yes, all Democrats
All independents
and many Republicans.

That's why only one
out of four Americans
support this gang of
incompetents

Old 15-07-2007, 03:49 AM posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

snip
Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

greg

I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
better question might be:

Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
do that?

Cheers -- Martha Adams [sci.med 2007 Jly 14]

Old 15-07-2007, 01:15 PM posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

On Jul 14, 10:49 pm, "Martha Adams" wrote:
snip

Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

greg

I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
better question might be:

Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
do that?

Cheers -- Martha Adams [sci.med 2007 Jly 14]

Because voters seem to think their own congressman is good, but all
the rest are bad.
Dee Dee

Old 15-07-2007, 05:37 PM posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

"Martha Adams" wrote in message
news:[email protected]
snip
Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

greg

I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
better question might be:
Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
do that?

Becasue "we the people" allow them to get away with it.....