Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

Default Anchor Baby gets heart surgery while Americans die for lack of health insurance

On Jul 14, 11:20 am, gringogirl > wrote:
> [...]
> the following year during their open window. The reason why my mother
> did not have Medicare part b in the first place was because they
> raised the premiums to over $300 a month, which she just couldn't
> afford. I highly doubt that I'd be able to afford that much a month
> on health insurance either.
>
> Without Medicaid, my mother will not be able to afford her chemo
> treatments. Which frightens me to say, lowers her survival rate. She
> is currently trying to appeal the decision made by Medicaid. The
> oncology office said that they would continue to allow her treatments
> until her appeal hearing is over. If they do not grant this in her
> favor, there is not a guarantee that they will continue with the
> chemo.
>
> What I'm trying to do is get the Citizen Advocates involved. My
> mother has written them a letter and I myself have sent them a
> letter. This policy needs to change! My mother is not the only woman
> affected my this; already 3 other women have been denied chemo
> treatments due to this legal loophole. I strongly believe in strength
> in numbers and I ask you to please join me in sending Citizen
> Advocates a letter. To let them know that this type of treatment is
> not okay. People should not have to beg to keep their life. They
> should not have to fight the state or the government in order to stay
> alive. What kind of country is this?? I'd also like to mention that
> the state of Montana this year had an $80 million surplus that they
> didn't know what to do with. That said, I think now is a great time
> for them to extend their Breast and Cervical policy.
>
> I'm going to leave with you the email address to the citizen
> advocates. If you don't know what to say, I'll also include a little
> paragraph that you can just cut and paste into the email and send
> off. Please feel free to forward this to anyone you know who might
> be able to help, or may be interested in sending a letter to them.
>
> Thank you for reading this and for all your help. I'm open to
> suggestions too if anyone has any.
>
> that is citizenadvocate at mt.gov
>
> To Citizen Advocates:
>
> I'm sending you this letter in regards to a Medicaid policy that is
> denying women the cancer treatment they deserve. It has recently come
> to my attention that there is a cancer patient by the name of Ginger
> Persinger who has been denied Medicaid treatment due to the fact that
> she has Medicare A. It needs to be made aware that Medicare A only
> covers basic treatment. It does not allow for chemo or any other
> treatment that may be needed. If you are aware of the Medicare policy
> you'll know that you cannot apply for Part B, except for the last week
> in February. It should not be acceptable for a person to have to
> suffer and let their cancer spread until February 2008. This policy
> needs to be looked at and reconsidered. Please take a stand for the
> people and help us in fighting this cause. No one should have to

Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

greg

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

On Jul 14, 3:47 pm, wrote:
> On Jul 14, 11:20 am, gringogirl > wrote:

> > The reason why my mother
> > did not have Medicare part b in the first place was because they
> > raised the premiums to over $300 a month, which she just couldn't
> > afford.

Nonsense. The 2007 premiums are 93.50 for Medicare part B.

The time restriction for applying for Medicare part B when over 65
seems like bureaucratic nonsense which should be fixed.

I don't see how a baby's heart surgery has anything to do with a
citizen getting Medicare.

--
Ron

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> [...]
>> to my attention that there is a cancer patient by the name of Ginger
>> Persinger who has been denied Medicaid treatment due to the fact that
>> she has Medicare A. It needs to be made aware that Medicare A only
>> covers basic treatment. It does not allow for chemo or any other
>> treatment that may be needed. If you are aware of the Medicare policy
>> you'll know that you cannot apply for Part B, except for the last week
>> in February. It should not be acceptable for a person to have to
>> suffer and let their cancer spread until February 2008. This policy
>> needs to be looked at and reconsidered. Please take a stand for the
>> people and help us in fighting this cause. No one should have to
>> suffer for lack of medical insurance.
>>
>> Thanks!

> Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

Yes, democrats

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

Jerry Okamura wrote:
> [...]
>>> denying women the cancer treatment they deserve. It has recently
>>> come to my attention that there is a cancer patient by the name of
>>> Ginger Persinger who has been denied Medicaid treatment due to the
>>> fact that she has Medicare A. It needs to be made aware that
>>> Medicare A only covers basic treatment. It does not allow for
>>> chemo or any other treatment that may be needed. If you are aware
>>> of the Medicare policy you'll know that you cannot apply for Part
>>> B, except for the last week in February. It should not be
>>> acceptable for a person to have to suffer and let their cancer
>>> spread until February 2008. This policy needs to be looked at and
>>> reconsidered. Please take a stand for the people and help us in
>>> fighting this cause. No one should have to suffer for lack of
>>> medical insurance. Thanks!

>> Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

Yes, all Democrats
All independents
and many Republicans.

That's why only one
out of four Americans
support this gang of
incompetents

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

<snip>
> Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?
>
> greg

I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
better question might be:

Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
do that?

Cheers -- Martha Adams [sci.med 2007 Jly 14]

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

On Jul 14, 10:49 pm, "Martha Adams" > wrote:
> <snip>
>
> > Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

> > greg

> I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
> better question might be:
>
> Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
> do that?
>
> Cheers -- Martha Adams [sci.med 2007 Jly 14]

Because voters seem to think their own congressman is good, but all
the rest are bad.
Dee Dee

Posted to sci.med,soc.retirement,soc.veterans,rec.food.cooking,alt.politics

"Martha Adams" > wrote in message
> <snip>
>> Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?
>>
>> greg

> I think that's a very good question; but there they are. So a
> better question might be:
> Since they are there with such a track record, how do they
> do that?

Becasue "we the people" allow them to get away with it.....