Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Good uses for skim milk?

DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 9:42 am, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

Add cream to it, one glass at a time and stir.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit said...

> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

You can certainly return it, no questions asked.

I use fat-free milk for breakfast cereal. I've never had the lactose-free.

Maybe use some for the milk portion of mashed potatoes? If that's not
breaking a food law.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 10:07 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Karen AKA Kajikit said...
>
> > DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> > I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> > expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> > remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> > with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> > blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> You can certainly return it, no questions asked.
>
> I use fat-free milk for breakfast cereal. I've never had the lactose-free.
>
> Maybe use some for the milk portion of mashed potatoes? If that's not
> breaking a food law.

Really. Because you'll be adding butter as well. Good idea.

> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:

>DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
>I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
>expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
>remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
>with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
>blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:20:07 GMT, Tara > wrote:

>On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> wrote:
>
>>DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
>>I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
>>expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
>>remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
>>with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
>>blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

>I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
>smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.

I used some of it in oatmeal and that was okay - I added half a stick
of butter instead of a teaspoon... I just looked at the carton and
a)there's only half of it left, and b)it's past the expiry date, so I
think I'll just toss the rest out. I was just wondering if there were
any recipes that would be really great with skim milk (I guess not!)
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GD GD is offline

On Jul 12, 1:02 pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:20:07 GMT, Tara > wrote:
> >On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
> > wrote:

> >>DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> >>I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> >>expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> >>remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> >>with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> >>blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> >I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
> >smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.

> I used some of it in oatmeal and that was okay - I added half a stick
> of butter instead of a teaspoon... I just looked at the carton and
> a)there's only half of it left, and b)it's past the expiry date, so I
> think I'll just toss the rest out. I was just wondering if there were
> any recipes that would be really great with skim milk (I guess not!)

Just drink it! Skim milk is much better for you

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

How 'bout homemade cottage cheese? Here's Alton Brown's take:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci...ml?rsrc=search

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 9:42 am, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:
> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

Your taste buds are certainly different from mine; that's all I drink
and usually all I cook with (unless it's a recipe that demands
cream). I have no problems whatsoever. I love the taste (or lack
of). I can't stand the cloying cream taste of even 2% milk. Chocolate
milk with skim milk is the best! ;-)

OTOH, I've never had the lactose-intolerant stuff; maybe it's
different from regular skim.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 11:20 am, Tara > wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit
>
> > wrote:
> >DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> >I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> >expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> >remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> >with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> >blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
> smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.
>
> Tara

People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
33% obese!

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

Oatmeal or other hot cereal that usually calls for water.

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:

> People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> 33% obese!
>
> N.

I agree. I was raised on skim milk and to drink anything else is like
drinking pure cream.
I use it for everything, although when fixing a special dinner with
mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes..a cream sauce or something, I
will buy a small carton of whole milk to use in those occasional recipes.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 2:55 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> On Jul 12, 11:20 am, Tara > wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:42:53 -0400, Karen AKA Kajikit

> > > wrote:
> > >DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> > >I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> > >expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> > >remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> > >with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> > >blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> > I wonder how it would do in pancakes or waffles. Maybe use it in a
> > smoothie with lots of sweet fruit and vanilla yogurt.

> > Tara

> People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> 33% obese!

Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
hungry a few hours later.
Dry baked potato is about as bad as anything could possibly be, and
the obese people out there are the ones who stuff themselves full of
the stuff in the aisles of the supermarket, not the stuff on the
perimeter (produce*, meat, dairy).
Skim milk is like Kool-Aid with a teaspoon of protein powder added.

*Starchy stuff like white potatoes excepted

> N.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> > doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> > 33% obese!

> Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
> hungry a few hours later.
> Dry baked potato is about as bad as anything could possibly be, and
> the obese people out there are the ones who stuff themselves full of
> the stuff in the aisles of the supermarket, not the

Many of the obese people out there eat things that are not healthy
because those items are filling and less expensive. That includes
potatoes (your example) and other stuff like mac 'n cheese, etc. Many
of these people (not all) have no choice about what kind of food
budget they have.

> *Starchy stuff like white potatoes excepted

I don't know if you're right or not; I know your statement is the
premise of one of the most recent fad diets.

I DO know that eating fat isn't good for anyone's arteries or heart
health, and I'll never be convinced that fat intake doesn't contribute
to obesity.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 10:33 am, Nancy2 > wrote:
> > > People, people, you can use skim milk in any recipe that uses milk and
> > > doesn't require heavy cream! Wake up! {slap slap} No wonder we're
> > > 33% obese!

> > Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> > fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
> > hungry a few hours later.
> > Dry baked potato is about as bad as anything could possibly be, and
> > the obese people out there are the ones who stuff themselves full of
> > the stuff in the aisles of the supermarket, not the

> Many of the obese people out there eat things that are not healthy
> because those items are filling and less expensive. That includes
> potatoes (your example) and other stuff like mac 'n cheese, etc. Many
> of these people (not all) have no choice about what kind of food
> budget they have.
>

> > *Starchy stuff like white potatoes excepted

> I don't know if you're right or not; I know your statement is the
> premise of one of the most recent fad diets.

Low carb isn't a fad diet.

> I DO know that eating fat isn't good for anyone's arteries or heart
> health, and I'll never be convinced that fat intake doesn't contribute
> to obesity.

Depends on the variety of fat. If one cuts carbs down to under 200
calories a day, and ups consumption of GOOD fats, those being a
certain amount of Omega 3s, a lot of monounsaturates like olive and
peanut oils, some of the neutral saturated fats like cocoa butter,
even if you allow yourself things like chicken skin, and yes, some
less healthy butterfat, you will cut your plasma triglycerides
dramatically. You will also not harm your HDL/LDL ratio.

The ketogenic diet is not new, it's not even only 35-40 years old. It
was not, as many believe, invented by Dr. Atkins.

"The ketogenic diet is a high fat, adequate protein, low carbohydrate
diet designed to mimic many of the biochemical changes associated with
prolonged starvation. First developed in the early 1900s, and
successfully used for the treatment of seizures in children during the
20s and 30s...The ketogenic diet is not a 'fad' or a 'quack diet'..."
source-- http://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/ketogenic.html

In fact, one of the (potentially undesirable) side effects (not
mentioned in the above website) is weight loss.

Bodybuilders use a technique called "cyclic ketogenic" to get rid of
body fat so you can see their muscle definition.

> N.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> I agree. I was raised on skim milk and to drink anything else is like
> drinking pure cream.
> I use it for everything, although when fixing a special dinner with
> mashed potatoes or scalloped potatoes..a cream sauce or something, I
> will buy a small carton of whole milk to use in those occasional recipes.

My grandpa had a heart attack when I was young, the doctor told him to
lose 30 pounds and quit smoking. He did both at the same time. He
started drinking skim milk and so did I. It has been 30+ years and skim
milk is all I have drank. Skim milk tastes nice and sweet, and the fat
in whole milk coats my tongue and it feels kinda nasty.

Just in case I need it, I keep a can of evaporated milk on hand. I use
that in mashed potatoes.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 12, 12:34 pm, Silvar Beitel > wrote:
> Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> > DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> > I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> > expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> > remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> > with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> > blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

> How 'bout homemade cottage cheese? Here's Alton Brown's take:
>
> http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._9936_36973,00....

How REPULSIVE. No decent cook would ever use vinegar to curdle milk,
then try to pass that off on the swine-like viewers of the Food
Network as "cottage cheese." Cottage cheese is CULTURED, not soured
with vinegar. Jeez MFing...OK, I won't be blasphemous, but Alton
Brown deserves to be anally raped with a Julia Child Action Figure for
suggesting such a thing.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
> hungry a few hours later.

Bah, you carbophobes are as bad as vegetarians

Carbs taste good!

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 11:42 am, "Default User" > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> > fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people ravenously
> > hungry a few hours later.

> Bah, you carbophobes are as bad as vegetarians
>
> Carbs taste good!

I didn't say they didn't. What about the fatophobes?

> Brian

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 11:33 am, Nancy2 > wrote:

> I DO know that eating fat isn't good for anyone's arteries or heart
> health, and I'll never be convinced that fat intake doesn't contribute
> to obesity.
>
> N.

I just finished eating from "Simple Suppers" a fettucine with 1 cup
cream, butter, etc. I know, I know.
I am not obese. I make ice cream with cream every week. I also eat
butter, chocolate. I am certainly not thin, nor do I burn off
calories in a fury.
I know that it is not good to eat cream; but I find that a lot of
times if I don't eat fat, then I'm absolutely famished and will eat
the house down.

No, my cholesterol is not good, but my HDL is 67. There are
differences of opinions in the literature regarding over 70 year-olds,
more-or-less that it is the HDL that is important; however, I'd like
to get my Cholesterol much lower.

BTW, the recipe I used called for 2 tsp of grated lemon and 3 T of
lemon juice. I've not added lemon to cream before, and even tho DH
thought it was OK, it was not lip-smackin' good to me.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 12:41 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> How REPULSIVE. No decent cook would ever use vinegar to curdle milk,
> then try to pass that off on the swine-like viewers of the Food
> Network as "cottage cheese." Cottage cheese is CULTURED, not soured
> with vinegar. Jeez MFing...OK, I won't be blasphemous, but Alton
> Brown deserves to be anally raped with a Julia Child Action Figure for
> suggesting such a thing.
>
> --Bryan

I don't know about vinegar being used to "pass that off....as cottage
cheese." But when I make paneer cheese, which is certainly 'curds' and
(left-over whey) is made by adding vinegar to curd-le them.

I'd not want to wish such a punishment for Alton.

Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 12:23 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On Jul 13, 12:41 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
>
> > How REPULSIVE. No decent cook would ever use vinegar to curdle milk,
> > then try to pass that off on the swine-like viewers of the Food
> > Network as "cottage cheese." Cottage cheese is CULTURED, not soured
> > with vinegar. Jeez MFing...OK, I won't be blasphemous, but Alton
> > Brown deserves to be anally raped with a Julia Child Action Figure for
> > suggesting such a thing.

> > --Bryan

> I don't know about vinegar being used to "pass that off....as cottage
> cheese." But when I make paneer cheese, which is certainly 'curds' and
> (left-over whey) is made by adding vinegar to curd-le them.

Put "paneer cheese" into Google. All the recipes used lemon juice,
except one that used buttermilk or yogurt to curdle. Perhaps your
cooking leaves something to be desired too, since using vinegar as a
substitute for lemon juice is never OK.

> I'd not want to wish such a punishment for Alton.

Put him on an island with the White trash, Cool Whip chick, and make
them eat each other's cooking.

> Dee Dee

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> On Jul 13, 11:42 am, "Default User" > wrote:
> > Bobo Bonobo® wrote:
> > > Eating fat doesn't make people fat. Eating calories makes people
> > > fat. Fat suppresses appetite. High GI carbs make people
> > > ravenously hungry a few hours later.

> > Bah, you carbophobes are as bad as vegetarians
> >
> > Carbs taste good!

> I didn't say they didn't. What about the fatophobes?

Also misguided.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 1:35 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Jul 13, 12:23 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 13, 12:41 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> > > How REPULSIVE. No decent cook would ever use vinegar to curdle milk,
> > > then try to pass that off on the swine-like viewers of the Food
> > > Network as "cottage cheese." Cottage cheese is CULTURED, not soured
> > > with vinegar. Jeez MFing...OK, I won't be blasphemous, but Alton
> > > Brown deserves to be anally raped with a Julia Child Action Figure for
> > > suggesting such a thing.

> > > --Bryan

> > I don't know about vinegar being used to "pass that off....as cottage
> > cheese." But when I make paneer cheese, which is certainly 'curds' and
> > (left-over whey) is made by adding vinegar to curd-le them.

> Put "paneer cheese" into Google. All the recipes used lemon juice,
> except one that used buttermilk or yogurt to curdle. Perhaps your
> cooking leaves something to be desired too, since using vinegar as a
> substitute for lemon juice is never OK.
>

> > I'd not want to wish such a punishment for Alton.

> Put him on an island with the White trash, Cool Whip chick, and make
> them eat each other's cooking.
>

> > Dee Dee

> --Bryan

Most recipes I've seen and used call for lemon juice or vinegar. Lemon
juice works about half as effectively. Google is YOUR friend. And
buy a few cookbooks while you're at it. And study them. And use
them.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Depends on the variety of fat. If one cuts carbs down to under 200
> calories a day, and ups consumption of GOOD fats, those

And so on and on and on.

My point was: You don't have to have any special recipes to use up
skim milk.

And it's still a valid point.

The OP seemed to think that skim milk was useless without a "special"
recipe of some kind, or "special" use. Not true at all.

N.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 1:17 pm, "Default User" > wrote:
> Bobo Bonobo® wrote:

> > > Bah, you carbophobes are as bad as vegetarians

> > > Carbs taste good!

> > I didn't say they didn't. What about the fatophobes?

> Also misguided.

Are you overweight?

> Brian

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 2:14 pm, Nancy2 > wrote:
> > Depends on the variety of fat. If one cuts carbs down to under 200
> > calories a day, and ups consumption of GOOD fats, those

> And so on and on and on.

In other words, it all went over your head, or you couldn't be
bothered to learn something.

> My point was: You don't have to have any special recipes to use up
> skim milk.

I was the first one who replied. There are no "special recipes," if
by "special recipes" you mean a recipe in which lactose-free skim milk
is PREFERABLE to regular whole milk. I don't believe any such thing
exists.

> And it's still a valid point.

What point? Something that in your sloppiness you neglected to quote?

> The OP seemed to think that skim milk was useless without a "special"
> recipe of some kind, or "special" use. Not true at all.

So, the OP was wrong.

> N.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:

> DH accidentally picked up a carton of fat-free lactose-free milk when
> I usually drink 2%... since it's not 'regular' milk it's way too
> expensive to waste, but I haven't found anything to use it on that's
> remotely edible. It even made chocolate milk taste like it was made
> with water! Are there any recipes that will successfully disguise its
> blue watery blandness or should I just toss it out?

Never had the lactose-free version, but skim milk is the norm around
here. I grew up on 2% and can stomach it if necessary but the kids
think it's flat out disgusting: "It's, like, too thick, or something".

When my parents were advised to switch to skim for health reasons they
found it helpful initially to drink it very cold, and out of white
containers which disguised the look of the stuff. Keeping several
large, white stoneware mugs in the freezer was helpful.

My 12 year-old son is in the middle of a growth spurt and consumes
nearly a gallon of skim milk daily. He seems to have struck an
accomodation between activity, growth and intake that I hate to disturb;
every morning it seems like there's another half inch between his shorts
and his knees; but I wish we still had milk men to deliver dairy
products on a daily basis so I wasn't either over-crowding the fridge or
running to the store every day.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 1:18 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On Jul 13, 1:35 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> > > I don't know about vinegar being used to "pass that off....as cottage
> > > cheese." But when I make paneer cheese, which is certainly 'curds' and
> > > (left-over whey) is made by adding vinegar to curd-le them.

> > Put "paneer cheese" into Google. All the recipes used lemon juice,
> > except one that used buttermilk or yogurt to curdle. Perhaps your
> > cooking leaves something to be desired too, since using vinegar as a
> > substitute for lemon juice is never OK.

> > > I'd not want to wish such a punishment for Alton.

> > Put him on an island with the White trash, Cool Whip chick, and make
> > them eat each other's cooking.

> > > Dee Dee

> > --Bryan

> Most recipes I've seen and used call for lemon juice or vinegar. Lemon
> juice works about half as effectively. Google is YOUR friend. And
> buy a few cookbooks while you're at it. And study them. And use
> them.

What? The trashy cookbooks you use that suggest that vinegar is a
passable substitute for lemon juice? No thanks.

> Dee Dee

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 13, 3:38 pm, Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:
> On Jul 13, 1:18 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:

> > > Put "paneer cheese" into Google. All the recipes used lemon juice,
> > > except one that used buttermilk or yogurt to curdle. Perhaps your
> > > cooking leaves something to be desired too, since using vinegar as a
> > > substitute for lemon juice is never OK.

> > > Put him on an island with the White trash, Cool Whip chick, and make
> > > them eat each other's cooking.

> > > --Bryan

> > Most recipes I've seen and used call for lemon juice or vinegar. Lemon
> > juice works about half as effectively. Google is YOUR friend. And
> > buy a few cookbooks while you're at it. And study them. And use
> > them.

> What? The trashy cookbooks you use that suggest that vinegar is a
> passable substitute for lemon juice? No thanks.
>
> > Dee Dee

> --Bryan- Hide quoted text -

Yawn! zzzzzzzzz
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy2 wrote:
>> Depends on the variety of fat. If one cuts carbs down to under 200
>> calories a day, and ups consumption of GOOD fats, those

> And so on and on and on.
>
> My point was: You don't have to have any special recipes to use up
> skim milk.
>
> And it's still a valid point.
>
> The OP seemed to think that skim milk was useless without a "special"
> recipe of some kind, or "special" use. Not true at all.

I use skim milk when I want white water. Just like I use Budweiser when
I want yellow water...

Can't stand skim milk.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:18:23 -0000, GD > wrote:

>On Jul 12, 1:02 pm, Karen AKA Kajikit > wrote:

>> I used some of it in oatmeal and that was okay - I added half a stick
>> of butter instead of a teaspoon... I just looked at the carton and
>> a)there's only half of it left, and b)it's past the expiry date, so I
>> think I'll just toss the rest out. I was just wondering if there were
>> any recipes that would be really great with skim milk (I guess not!)

>Just drink it! Skim milk is much better for you

(gags)