Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default anchovy-stuffed olives

i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
sounds kinda gruesome.

reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.

so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
yesterthread on this subject.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
>i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
> sounds kinda gruesome.
>
> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>
> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
> yesterthread on this subject.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive thing.

www.wegmans.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
> sounds kinda gruesome.
>
> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty

Exactly what I've been buying for $3.08 at Ralphs. I found an online
source that sells those (yes, Reece's) for about $3.25 for a *10*-ounce
jar. Haven't ordered any yet, but only because I've been in and out and
haven't wanted them to come when I'm away for two or three days.

> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.

I just finished another bottle last night. I confessed I sipped *just a
little* of the juice, too. Little bottles like that have never lasted
more than a day an a half here. Every time I'm near the fridge I
remember them.

> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
> yesterthread on this subject.

I'm happy to have been part of that. Enjoy!

Oh, and a reminder: from my experience, if you can't find Reese's, at
least shoot for the jars with the smallest olives -- I've had larger
ones and they seem to have about the same amount of anchovy so that the
olive pretty much covers the anchovy's taste.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>>i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>>doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>>sounds kinda gruesome.
>>
>> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>>
>> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>> yesterthread on this subject.
>>
>> your pal, blake

> Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive
> thing.
>
> www.wegmans.com

For the record, they're only found from the northern tip of Virginia
through mid New York state.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>> "blake murphy" > wrote in message
>>>i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>>>doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>>>sounds kinda gruesome.
>>>
>>> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>>> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>>>
>>> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>>> yesterthread on this subject.
>>>
>>> your pal, blake

>> Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive
>> thing.
>>
>> www.wegmans.com

> For the record, they're only found from the northern tip of Virginia
> through mid New York state.

I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.
http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I found them in several stores. They are in a can. The brand is "La
Espanola" Cost about $3.99 per can.

Art

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:54:53 GMT, blake murphy >
wrote:

>i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>sounds kinda gruesome.
>
>reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>
>so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>yesterthread on this subject.
>
>your pal,
>blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> www.wegmans.com

>> For the record, they're only found from the northern tip of Virginia
>> through mid New York state.

> I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.

That'd work, yeah.

> http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

I'd not heard of them.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> For the record, they're only found from the northern tip of Virginia
>>> through mid New York state.

>> I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.

> That'd work, yeah.
>
>> http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

> I'd not heard of them.
> Blinky RLU 297263

If you live near a Wegman's store, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
Not like any supermarket you've ever been in.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.

>> That'd work, yeah.
>>
>>> http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

>> I'd not heard of them.

> If you live near a Wegman's store, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
> Not like any supermarket you've ever been in.

Exploration be good. And fun. As for me, I'm in Hollywood.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
blake murphy > wrote:

> i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
> sounds kinda gruesome.
>
> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>
> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
> yesterthread on this subject.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Dammit...

Now I'm going to have to go looking for them!

And me on a tight budget. :-(
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>> sounds kinda gruesome.
>>
>> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>>
>> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>> yesterthread on this subject.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

> Dammit...
>
> Now I'm going to have to go looking for them!
>
> And me on a tight budget. :-(

My job here is now done.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blinky the Shark > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > blake murphy > wrote:
> >
> >> i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
> >> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
> >> sounds kinda gruesome.
> >>
> >> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
> >> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
> >>
> >> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
> >> yesterthread on this subject.
> >>
> >> your pal,
> >> blake

> > Dammit...
> >
> > Now I'm going to have to go looking for them!
> >
> > And me on a tight budget. :-(

> My job here is now done.

Not until you mail me some... <g>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 21:08:09 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>>i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>> sounds kinda gruesome.
>>
>> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>>
>> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>> yesterthread on this subject.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive thing.
>
>www.wegmans.com

there a somewhat anemic olive bar at the local giant, and one at whole
foods (i think). i checked both to no avail.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jul 2007 23:28:37 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
t...
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Got a Wegman's nearby? Their olive bar is a dangerously addictive
>>> thing.
>>>
>>> www.wegmans.com

>> For the record, they're only found from the northern tip of Virginia
>> through mid New York state.

>I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.
>http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

i am in maryland, but none of the locations are terribly close to me.
and i don't drive.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:27:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
t...
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> I thought maybe he was in Maryland, since he mentioned Giant.

>> That'd work, yeah.
>>
>>> http://www.wegmans.com/about/storeLocator/

>> I'd not heard of them.
>> Blinky RLU 297263

>If you live near a Wegman's store, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
>Not like any supermarket you've ever been in.

a friend in va. swears by the one near him. maybe i'll mooch a ride.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 11 Jul 2007 23:23:20 GMT, Blinky the Shark >
wrote:

>Oh, and a reminder: from my experience, if you can't find Reese's, at
>least shoot for the jars with the smallest olives -- I've had larger
>ones and they seem to have about the same amount of anchovy so that the
>olive pretty much covers the anchovy's taste.

i remember.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 12:36:53 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> blake murphy > wrote:
>
>> i finally found some at the local giant, squirreled away with cocktail
>> doodads. (i suppose the intention is for a martini, which, frankly,
>> sounds kinda gruesome.
>>
>> reese's, about three bucks for a three-ounce jar. gad, they're tasty
>> little suckers! i'm trying to eat them one at a time, though.
>>
>> so thanks to blinky, steve, and others who participated in the
>> yesterthread on this subject.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Dammit...
>
>Now I'm going to have to go looking for them!
>
>And me on a tight budget. :-(

they really are good.

<checks to make sure>

yep. i think i'll hold off drinking the brine til i run out of
olives. maybe in a bloody mary.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:27:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
et...

>>> That'd work, yeah.

>>> I'd not heard of them.
>>> Blinky RLU 297263

>>If you live near a Wegman's store, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
>>Not like any supermarket you've ever been in.
>>

> a friend in va. swears by the one near him. maybe i'll mooch a ride.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Yeah....you should. This way, when they open one nearer to you, you'll
know....

You'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:55:14 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:27:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>"Blinky the Shark" > wrote in message
. net...

>>>If you live near a Wegman's store, you owe it to yourself to check it out.
>>>Not like any supermarket you've ever been in.
>>>

>> a friend in va. swears by the one near him. maybe i'll mooch a ride.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Yeah....you should. This way, when they open one nearer to you, you'll
>know....
>
>You'll see.

i'd like to try. but whole foods makes me nervous in some odd way.
maybe it's the organic chew toys for dogs.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:55:14 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Thu, 12 Jul 2007 00:27:02 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

.net...

>>> a friend in va. swears by the one near him. maybe i'll mooch a ride.
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>>Yeah....you should. This way, when they open one nearer to you, you'll
>>know....
>>
>>You'll see.
>>

> i'd like to try. but whole foods makes me nervous in some odd way.
> maybe it's the organic chew toys for dogs.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Who mentioned Whole Foods? We're talking about Wegman's, a different company
entirely.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 17:35:34 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 00:55:14 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>> > wrote:

t.net...

>>>Yeah....you should. This way, when they open one nearer to you, you'll
>>>know....
>>>
>>>You'll see.
>>>

>> i'd like to try. but whole foods makes me nervous in some odd way.
>> maybe it's the organic chew toys for dogs.
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Who mentioned Whole Foods? We're talking about Wegman's, a different company
>entirely.

i did, upthread, possibly in another post about the olives.

your pal,
blake

Anchovy Toasts (even anchovy-phobes will like this) Julian Vrieslander General Cooking 8 04-01-2010 10:10 AM
stuffed olives Grawun General Cooking 8 30-11-2008 11:20 PM
Pimento stuffed olives Ken Davey General Cooking 19 23-05-2006 10:33 AM
Ignoring the anchovy recipe, or ignoring the anchovy Dee Randall General Cooking 33 22-09-2005 04:50 PM
ACEITUNAS RELLENAS - STUFFED OLIVES A1 WBarfieldsr Mexican Cooking 1 03-10-2003 02:36 PM