Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Ruby Tuesday

I had never eaten here before, and it was pretty good. The atmosphere is not
bad for a chain--nice lighting and roomy booths!--and although the ribeye
was thin and clearly garlic salted to the gills, it tasted good and the
potato was good too--hot and velvety.

I ordered a side of portobello mushrooms and a salad (I was hungry!!) and
the server very considerately pointed out that side orders were $2.29 and
the salad bar was $2.99. I ordered that instead and found that it was really
nice--lots of fresh vegetables including big portobellos (raw but what the
hell, I like them all ways) and all the usual things one expects on a salad
bar, but very fresh and attractively presented. Prices were average for this
kind of chain. The bar was very pretty, and though we had lunch there, I
think if I liked RT enough to wait for a table at night, I might enjoy
having a drink in the bar while I wait.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> I had never eaten here before, and it was pretty good. The atmosphere
> is not bad for a chain--nice lighting and roomy booths!--and although
> the ribeye was thin and clearly garlic salted to the gills, it tasted
> good and the potato was good too--hot and velvety.
>
> I ordered a side of portobello mushrooms and a salad (I was hungry!!)
> and the server very considerately pointed out that side orders were
> $2.29 and the salad bar was $2.99. I ordered that instead and found
> that it was really nice--lots of fresh vegetables including big
> portobellos (raw but what the hell, I like them all ways) and all the
> usual things one expects on a salad bar, but very fresh and
> attractively presented. Prices were average for this kind of chain.
> The bar was very pretty, and though we had lunch there, I think if I
> liked RT enough to wait for a table at night, I might enjoy having a
> drink in the bar while I wait.

We have found that Ruby Tuesday's restaurants vary. The one local to us,
has teenage servers who care more about which member of the waitstaff is
dating whom, than serving you your meal. We've also witnessed the manager
sticking his ungloved fingers into a plated burger to test to see how hot
the meat was - and this was on two subsequent vists! On a side note, we've
seen servers picking fries off of the plates before handing the plates to
the customer. Neither disgusting episode was a one-time occurance, either -
god only knows what happens in the kitchen. Ugh. We've sworn to never go
back.

OTOH, we've been to a Ruby Tuesdays down in Brandon, FL that had the most
fabulous salad bar - way more "fixins" than the one much closer to home. We
ate our salads up at the bar due to lack of seats because the place was
busy. I commented to my husband about how much better the salad bar was
compared to the one at home. There was fresher lettuce, more variety, REAL
bacon bits, a few selections of olives....etc. Our friendly bartender
overheard me, spoke up, and proudly said that it was due to the fact that
that particular Ruby Tuesdays was indpendantly owned and not corporate. In
other words, they had more leeway in what they could serve and what they
couldn't.

We've since banned our local Ruby Tuesdays and keep talking about going back
to the Brandon one. I'm not kidding when I say the difference between the
two restaurants was phenomenal.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>OTOH, we've been to a Ruby Tuesdays down in Brandon, FL that had the most
>fabulous salad bar - way more "fixins" than the one much closer to home. We
>ate our salads up at the bar due to lack of seats because the place was
>busy. I commented to my husband about how much better the salad bar was
>compared to the one at home. There was fresher lettuce, more variety, REAL
>bacon bits, a few selections of olives....etc. Our friendly bartender
>overheard me, spoke up, and proudly said that it was due to the fact that
>that particular Ruby Tuesdays was indpendantly owned and not corporate. In
>other words, they had more leeway in what they could serve and what they
>couldn't.

The Ruby Tuesdays in Port St Lucie West has a wonderful salad bar with
enough stuff on it that you can make it your entire meal including
nice fruit for dessert... but our local one is pathetic! We went to
the local one twice (because the first time might have been an 'off'
day) and we're never going back there again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

> Neither disgusting episode was a one-time occurance, either -
>god only knows what happens in the kitchen. Ugh. We've sworn to never go
>back.

back to any restaurant?......since these occuraces happen at
restaurants world wide. You will have to stay home and prepare your
own food, Pollyanna.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> OTOH, we've been to a Ruby Tuesdays down in Brandon, FL that had the
>> most fabulous salad bar - way more "fixins" than the one much closer
>> to home. We ate our salads up at the bar due to lack of seats
>> because the place was busy. I commented to my husband about how
>> much better the salad bar was compared to the one at home. There
>> was fresher lettuce, more variety, REAL bacon bits, a few selections
>> of olives....etc. Our friendly bartender overheard me, spoke up,
>> and proudly said that it was due to the fact that that particular
>> Ruby Tuesdays was indpendantly owned and not corporate. In other
>> words, they had more leeway in what they could serve and what they
>> couldn't.

> The Ruby Tuesdays in Port St Lucie West has a wonderful salad bar with
> enough stuff on it that you can make it your entire meal including
> nice fruit for dessert... but our local one is pathetic! We went to
> the local one twice (because the first time might have been an 'off'
> day) and we're never going back there again.

I hear ya. Loud and clearly!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> Neither disgusting episode was a one-time occurance, either -
>>god only knows what happens in the kitchen. Ugh. We've sworn to never go
>>back.

> back to any restaurant?......since these occuraces happen at
> restaurants world wide. You will have to stay home and prepare your
> own food, Pollyanna.

Ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ward Abbott wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> Neither disgusting episode was a one-time occurance, either -
>> god only knows what happens in the kitchen. Ugh. We've sworn to
>> never go back.

> back to any restaurant?......since these occuraces happen at
> restaurants world wide. You will have to stay home and prepare your
> own food, Pollyanna.

I may not be a pollyanna, but I generally don't go to restaurants, either.
I do cook at home.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Neither disgusting episode was a one-time occurance, either -
>>> god only knows what happens in the kitchen. Ugh. We've sworn to
>>> never go back.

>> back to any restaurant?......since these occuraces happen at
>> restaurants world wide. You will have to stay home and prepare your
>> own food, Pollyanna.
>>

> Ass.

Thanks, Cyber.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
>>> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"

>>> back to any restaurant?......since these occuraces happen at
>>> restaurants world wide. You will have to stay home and prepare your
>>> own food, Pollyanna.
>>>

>> Ass.

> Thanks, Cyber.

Jes' callin' an ass an ass, my friend.

It's kind of my job.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:55:02 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>Ass.

Name calling....you are the clever one! I vaguely remember
classmates doing that in second grade.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:55:02 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>>Ass.

> Name calling....you are the clever one! I vaguely remember
> classmates doing that in second grade.

Stupid ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cyberSLOP wrote:

> I had never eaten here before, and it was pretty good. The atmosphere is not
> bad for a chain--nice lighting and roomy booths!--and although the ribeye
> was thin and clearly garlic salted to the gills, it tasted good and the
> potato was good too--hot and velvety.
>
> I ordered a side of portobello mushrooms and a salad (I was hungry!!) and
> the server very considerately pointed out that side orders were $2.29 and
> the salad bar was $2.99. I ordered that instead and found that it was really
> nice--lots of fresh vegetables including big portobellos (raw but what the
> hell, I like them all ways) and all the usual things one expects on a salad
> bar, but very fresh and attractively presented. Prices were average for this
> kind of chain. The bar was very pretty, and though we had lunch there, I
> think if I liked RT enough to wait for a table at night, I might enjoy
> having a drink in the bar while I wait.

Glad to know that you have fairly low standards...why am I not
surprised...???

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:40:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>Stupid ass.

And the Valedictorian of your class. You can't stop digging you
hole...can you? YOU ARE the HOOT!!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Try New cyberENZ Prophylactics...!!! (WAS:Ruby Tuesday

cyberENZ orgasmed:

> "Ward Abbott" > wrote in message

> > On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 17:55:02 -0400, "cybercat" >
> > wrote:

> >>Ass.

> > Name calling....you are the clever one! I vaguely remember
> > classmates doing that in second grade.

> Stupid ass.

"cyberENZ are the groovy NEW NEW NEW rubber prophylactic that every
modern guy hankers to try...

cyberENZ are made from strong and thin rubber, they have a special
four inch - long 'receptacle end'...and are lubricated with silken -
thin silicon goose grease.

Each and every cyberENZ is electronically tested to guarantee your
safety and peace of mind...cyberENZ are GUARANTEED 64% effective
against pregnancy.

For those of you who are "orally - oriented" cyberENZ are available in
a variety of flavours, too, these include:

- cardamom
- liverwurst
- durian fruit
- scrambled egg
- foot - in - mouthus

For economy of use cyberENZ are washable and so reusable...a great
boon to budgeteers...!!!

Ask for NEW cyberENZ at your local rubber goods or birth control
stockists, you too will be digging the NEW NEW NEW cyberENZ
groove...!!! "

;-D

--
Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 8:42?pm, Ward Abbott > wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 19:40:23 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
> >Stupid ass.

> And the Valedictorian of your class. You can't stop digging you
> hole...can you? YOU ARE the HOOT!!

I believe this calls for "I'm rubber your glue anything you say
bounces off of me and sticks to you". Now that's a comeback!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:43:40 -0700, invitetheparty
> wrote:

>I believe this calls for "I'm rubber your glue anything you say
>bounces off of me and sticks to you". Now that's a comeback!

Thank you Pee Wee Herman. Your insight is breathtaking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Ward Abbott" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:43:40 -0700, invitetheparty
> > wrote:
>
>>I believe this calls for "I'm rubber your glue anything you say
>>bounces off of me and sticks to you". Now that's a comeback!

> Thank you Pee Wee Herman. Your insight is breathtaking.

And you are still an ass. Sarcasm is the last refuge of the witless.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen AKA Kajikit wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:18:12 -0400, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
>> OTOH, we've been to a Ruby Tuesdays down in Brandon, FL that had the most
>> fabulous salad bar - way more "fixins" than the one much closer to home. We
>> ate our salads up at the bar due to lack of seats because the place was
>> busy. I commented to my husband about how much better the salad bar was
>> compared to the one at home. There was fresher lettuce, more variety, REAL
>> bacon bits, a few selections of olives....etc. Our friendly bartender
>> overheard me, spoke up, and proudly said that it was due to the fact that
>> that particular Ruby Tuesdays was indpendantly owned and not corporate. In
>> other words, they had more leeway in what they could serve and what they
>> couldn't.

> The Ruby Tuesdays in Port St Lucie West has a wonderful salad bar with
> enough stuff on it that you can make it your entire meal including
> nice fruit for dessert... but our local one is pathetic! We went to
> the local one twice (because the first time might have been an 'off'
> day) and we're never going back there again.

Thats a consistent thing with big box restaurants. You might be
surprised that many of them really don't do much to verify the quality
and cleanliness of their franchisees.