Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Name 5 Franchise Eateries you like

From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.

Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
Subway (the $3 daily, only)

That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

I can't come up more than this. We ate at Ruby Tuesdays a few weeks ago.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Bahama Breeze
Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken salad sandwich
but I don't get anything else there.

I can't think of any other "franchise" that I like well enough to list?
I ate once at "Steak and Shake" in another city and really enjoyed the
onion rings and shakes...but it was a one time event so can't be
confident it is always that good? I wish I could try it again to see?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:51:39 -0400:

G> notbob wrote:
??>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you
??>> like.
??>>
??>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
??>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
??>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
??>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
??>>
??>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
??>>
??>> nb

G> Bahama Breeze
G> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken
G> salad sandwich but I don't get anything else there.

There are a number of places that I have to grit my teeth and
use when I'm in a hurry. Subway("Hold the Mayo!") and even
MacDonald's Grilled Chicken Sandwich ("Hold the Mayo", too and
blot the chicken with a napkin) are not too bad but I can't say
I'm enthusiastic about any franchise. There are a number of
chains that are not franchises, AFAIK, like Legal Seafoods, that
are quite good if not what they were when they began.

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-10, Goomba38 > wrote:

> Bahama Breeze
> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken salad sandwich

See, now that's how I see a Subway sandwich, a salad sanwich. Whole
lotta produce with some added meat and cheese. If only they had blue
cheese dressing.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"James Silverton" > wrote in message
> Goomba38 wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:51:39 -0400:
>
> G> notbob wrote:
> ??>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you
> ??>> like.
> ??>>
> ??>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> ??>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> ??>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> ??>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
> ??>>
> ??>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
> ??>>
> ??>> nb
>
> G> Bahama Breeze
> G> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken
> G> salad sandwich but I don't get anything else there.
>
> There are a number of places that I have to grit my teeth and use when I'm
> in a hurry. Subway("Hold the Mayo!") and even MacDonald's Grilled Chicken
> Sandwich ("Hold the Mayo", too and blot the chicken with a napkin) are not
> too bad but I can't say I'm enthusiastic about any franchise. There are a
> number of chains that are not franchises, AFAIK, like Legal Seafoods, that
> are quite good if not what they were when they began.
>

> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland

At least with Legal Seafood, you get something dependable and fresh, if
you're in a town whose small seafood joints you're not yet familiar with.
Can't hold a candle to Christfield's for atmosphere, though.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob said...

> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

I can't even think of that many!

IHOP, for the chicken fried steak platter with scrambled eggs, hash browns,
substitute out pancakes for biscuits and gravy and drown the whole thing in
more sausage gravy.

Ruby Tuesdays is very good and has about the most varied menu around.

I forget why I don't like Subway...

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 10:46 am, notbob > wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Weathervane Seafood
Cracker Barrel

...fred

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 10:46?am, notbob > wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

I can't even come up with a 5 Star restaurant that I think is worth
mentioning, how will I ever choose a fast food joint... okay, Horn &
Hardart used to be a favorite. The only restaurant food I can
recommed are some of the Las Vegas buffets... and those are hit and
miss.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ruby Tuesday's is a favorite, along with Cracker Barrel for 'everyday
food' aka meat & 3.

For a fastfood hamburger, it's Burger King. Hold the pickles and that
sloppy ketchup, easy on the mayo.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 10, 10:46?am, notbob > wrote:
>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>>
>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>>
>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>>
>> nb

> I can't even come up with a 5 Star restaurant that I think is worth
> mentioning, how will I ever choose a fast food joint... okay, Horn &
> Hardart used to be a favorite. The only restaurant food I can
> recommed are some of the Las Vegas buffets... and those are hit and
> miss.

Jeez...H&H...there was one in my dad's office building - the Lorillard
Building, if I recall. What a gimmick - food from little doors.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

1. Outback Steak House - is it a franchise?
2. Baskin Robbins
3. Lone Star
4. Imo's pizza

I thought oh, this will be easy... and I only got to 4!! I didn't
realize how many places I eat that are not franchises.
Even my kids won't eat at McDonald's, Hardees, Burger King anymore...
they still want Subway on occasion.

Julie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 10:46 am, notbob > wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Cheesecake Factory
Steak-n-Shake
Mimi's Cafe (Reasonable wine list!)
The Melting Pot

If I'm with the kids, there are other places I'll accept eating at,
like Max & Erma's & Bennigan's.

Oh, I'll Culver's for a 5th one. (That frozen custard is great)

Kris

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> 1. Outback Steak House - is it a franchise?
> 2. Baskin Robbins
> 3. Lone Star
> 4. Imo's pizza
>
> I thought oh, this will be easy... and I only got to 4!! I didn't
> realize how many places I eat that are not franchises.
> Even my kids won't eat at McDonald's, Hardees, Burger King anymore...
> they still want Subway on occasion.
>
> Julie

Maybe think "chain" instead of franchise. Either way, the menus across the
country are pretty much the same, regardless of who owns & operates the
restaurants.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 9:46?am, notbob > wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Ok this will be fun, I think I can come upwith a few

1> Appleby's
2>James Coney Island
3>Mimis Cafe( wish they had one near me)
4.Joe's Crab Shack
5>Chilie's

I can think of more, I am easy to please.

Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote

> Cheesecake Factory

How funny you should say that because I was considering
my answer to this thread and this place in Las Vegas came
to mind ... it's owned by Cheesecake Factory. Can't think of
the name right now, but I really enjoyed that place.

Last week I ate at a nice restaurant that I was surprised to find
has a few locations. I didn't know that. Salt Creek Grille. That
was great, yet it's another place I don't think is what the OP had
in mind.

My list ... well, I love In 'n' Out, although there aren't any where
I live. Ruby Tuesdays, they have a nice salad bar and sometimes
I make a trip there just for that. Their food is good, in my experience.
Wendy's Big Bacon Classic, although the last few times I went there,
it just wasn't the same. I like Outback Steakhouse.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Bojangles for breakfast! (Sausage, egg, and cheese biscuit)
KFC (2 chicken legs and a biscuit and slaw)
Burger King for a whopper with cheese, no fries, their fries suck.

This is why I tend to cook healthy, vegetably things at home
and I do not eat FF very often. I want it when I crave greasy
stuff, or maybe when I have a long drive ahead of me and I am
already tired. I stop and get some FF to keep me entertained.
(Or disgusted and amused, such as the first and last time I tried
to eat a whopper one-handed. It took a couple of hours with
Armoral and upholstery cleaner to get the car livable after that
trip.) Absolutely the BEST thing about whoppers is all that sloppy
tomato juice/1000 Island dressing/beef juice mess that dribbles out of them
when you take a bite, usually accompanied by lettuce or tomato.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-10, Kris > wrote:

> Mimi's Cafe (Reasonable wine list!)

I need to go there again. Their Cobb salad is to die for, but let's
face it, not too hard to make a good one. I need to try another
selection.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Waffle House
Original Pancake House
Cracker Barrel
Maggiano's
P.F. Chang
Chick-Fil-A

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I should've probably included White Castle since I've enjoyed their little
cheeseburgers from the frozen food section but I've never actually been to
one of the stores. None in PA, sadly.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, notbob > said:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

B-R (Chocolate chip in a waffle cone)
Outback (although I've only been to the one in Olympia)
Taco Time (Sooo much better than Taco Bell)
Red Robin (I love their sandwiches)

I can't come up with 5 either. Places like Red Lobster, Olive
Garden, etc. are too hit and miss. We tend to eat at local diners
or, money permitting, something in the fine dining genre...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, rosie > said:

> Ok this will be fun, I think I can come upwith a few
>
> 1> Appleby's
> 2>James Coney Island
> 3>Mimis Cafe( wish they had one near me)

I'd never heard of this place before this thread. It must be good.

> 4.Joe's Crab Shack

We crack up when we see ads for this place -- DS & I both call
it Joe's Crap Shack. Not because we don't like the food, as we've
never seen one let alone eaten there. It's just the name, dangit...
;-D

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:

> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\

I have had good meals at the Keg. The steaks have always been good, but the
vegetables are no hell. Personally, I avoid franchise restaurants. I am
more likely to take my chances with a local establishment than go to a
franchise joint.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> On Jul 10, 10:46?am, notbob > wrote:
>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>>
>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>>
>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>>
>> nb

> I can't even come up with a 5 Star restaurant that I think is worth
> mentioning, how will I ever choose a fast food joint... okay, Horn &
> Hardart used to be a favorite. The only restaurant food I can
> recommed are some of the Las Vegas buffets... and those are hit and
> miss.

Not a franchise, not a chain, and dammit I wish I'd gotten some photos two
years ago! 'Buzzies (again)' - yes, the neon sign actually says "again"!
and the clock on the sign doesn't work... hasn't worked in 30 years!
Buzzie's is in Highland, Illinois. An honest to god old diner that looks
like it was dropped from the sky in the 1940's, which I understand it did
Fantastic food, cheaper than any franchise in which [the collective] you
have ever eaten. If they could clone this place they'd make a fortune.
Alas, that would ruin it. We'll be up there in October and this time I
*will* take photos.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Texas Roadhouse.
Bennigans
Chili's

There was a cheese steak place and a greek place in the mall back home
that I know were franchises, but the were pretty damn good.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Okay, none of these are anywhere near me anymore, but places I enjoyed
eating at back in California we

1. Islands... http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/menu/
2. Claim Jumper.... http://www.claimjumper.com/home.html
3. Marie Callender's.... http://www.mcpies.com/our_food/menu.php
4. Wahoo's Fish Taco.... http://www.wahoos.com/

Wow. I, like most others, can't come up with 5. Huh. Sad.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> notbob wrote:
>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>>
>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>>
>> nb

> Bahama Breeze
> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken salad sandwich
> but I don't get anything else there.

I forgot about those two. I love Bahama breeze. LOVE it. I have to
make the jamaican beef patties with the mango salsa at home now since I
don't have access. I've only been to the Memphis one. And the Arby's
chicken salad sandwich is divine.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bahama Breeze
Steak & Shake
Whataburger
Popeye's Chicken
Rita's Water Ice
Don's Seafood
Baytown Seafood $ Steaks

Some of these are local chains, so they are not nationwide. Some are not
located near me, but I eat there when I travel. At home, I eat at Mom &
Pop restaurants most of the time.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:16:49 -0500:

B> Some of these are local chains, so they are not nationwide.
B> Some are not located near me, but I eat there when I travel.
B> At home, I eat at Mom & Pop restaurants most of the time.

Those may be chains but are they *franchises"? Those are
privately owned restaurants using methods an recipes licensed
from the owner of the name. Isn't there supposed to be a guiding
principle for travellers: "Never eat at a restaurant called
Mom's".

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland

E-mail, with obvious alterations:
not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini said...

> 3. Marie Callender's.... http://www.mcpies.com/our_food/menu.php

ME TOO!!!

How could I forget?!? Not only was the food great but it was spacious, the
decor was great and it really was a fun experience, each and every time!!!

The first place I ever saw blue corn tortilla chips!

[sniffle]

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Kris" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On Jul 10, 10:46 am, notbob > wrote:
>> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>>
>> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
>> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
>> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
>> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>>
>> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>>
>> nb

> Cheesecake Factory
> Steak-n-Shake
> Mimi's Cafe (Reasonable wine list!)
> The Melting Pot
>
> If I'm with the kids, there are other places I'll accept eating at,
> like Max & Erma's & Bennigan's.
>
> Oh, I'll Culver's for a 5th one. (That frozen custard is great)
>
> Kris

I think some folks are confusing chain restaurants with franchises. Cheesecake
Factory has several locations, but doesn't offer franchising. PF Changs is the same.
Mimi's *is* franchised though.

That being said, I can't think of any really good franchise restaurants, though I do
drop by Culver's when I'm in MN for a custard, since my neice works there

kimberly

-- http://one.revver.com/watch/324733/flv/affiliate/99865
"I think that's my bathing suit. Is that one of my bathing suits? That is totally my
bathing suit"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
. ..
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)
>
> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

Now, see, I think I'm just too picky! lol
Ok, I enjoy the occasional meal at Cracker Barrel when we're on a road trip.
Once in a while I will go to In-n-Out, but they're not as good as they used to be.
The patties have shrunk and take up about 1/2 the bun. The fries still rock, though,
as long as you tell them "well done".

I've noticed alot of people in this thread are confusing franchises with multiple
locations. I think the way to tell the difference *should* be consistency. PF Changs,
Cheesecake Factory, etc, should offer the same quality in all their locations to set
them apart. Don't know that they do though!

Oh! I just thought of one! Cold Stone, for the "like it" coffee with Heath bar,
roasted almonds, and praline pecans. I like alot of texture in my ice cream ;-)

I don't know if Bandera is a chain, but I'd go there any night for the chicken.

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

James Silverton wrote:

> Becca wrote on Tue, 10 Jul 2007 14:16:49 -0500:
>
> B> Some of these are local chains, so they are not nationwide.
> B> Some are not located near me, but I eat there when I travel.
> B> At home, I eat at Mom & Pop restaurants most of the time.
>
> Those may be chains but are they *franchises"? Those are privately owned
> restaurants using methods an recipes licensed from the owner of the
> name. Isn't there supposed to be a guiding principle for travellers:
> "Never eat at a restaurant called Mom's".
>
> James Silverton
> Potomac, Maryland
>
> E-mail, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not

They are all franchises, but none of them are nation wide.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 8:46 am, notbob > wrote:
> From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.
>
> Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> Subway (the $3 daily, only)

Subway is awful. The only fast food joints that are worse are Rally's/
Checkers, Sonic, and Arby's.

> That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\
>
> nb

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

l, not -l said...

> On 10-Jul-2007, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> I should've probably included White Castle since I've enjoyed their little
>>
>> cheeseburgers from the frozen food section but I've never actually been to
>>
>> one of the stores. None in PA, sadly.
>>
>> Andy

> If you ever pass through STL, let me know and I'll treat you to a bag of
> fresh ones; they are superior to the frozen ones, which aren't bad at all.

l, not -l,

That's mighty neighborly of ya!

Thanks,

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 8:51 am, Goomba38 > wrote:
> notbob wrote:
> > From my Outhouse thread, name five Franchise eateries you like.

> > Baskin-Robbins Ice Cream (Baseball Nut)
> > In-n-Out (Double Cheese n' Coke, no fries)
> > Mimi's Cafe (Cobb salad, otherwise still leary)
> > Subway (the $3 daily, only)

> > That's it! ....see I can't even come up with 5. :\

> > nb

> Bahama Breeze
> Arby's currently I'm nuts about their wonderful chicken salad sandwich
> but I don't get anything else there.

The crappiness of their "roast beef" is legendary.

> I can't think of any other "franchise" that I like well enough to list?
> I ate once at "Steak and Shake" in another city and really enjoyed the
> onion rings and shakes...but it was a one time event so can't be
> confident it is always that good? I wish I could try it again to see?

SnS is good if you eat AT THE COUNTER, or if you get it to go, and
order at the counter. It's the only way to make sure that they don't
screw up. The double Steakburgers are great, as is their chili with
beans. I'd put them in the top 5.

1. Del Taco. By far the best fast food tacos. Avoid their burgers,
fries, and anything with "cheese sauce" instead of grated cheddar.
The marinated steak and chicken are both good. The shredded beef, not
so good. The green sauce is the best single thing at any fast food
restaurant ever.

2. Steak'n Shake. See above. Note, they are pricey, but they send
out coupons in the mail.

3. Popeye's. The spicy chicken is pretty decent, and the mashed
potatoes and gravy are good by fast food standards, as is the red
beans and rice. Their biscuits are very good. They're pricier than
Church's, but everything is much better.

4. Lion's Choice. Geographically limited, but the only truly good
fast food roast beef sandwich I know of.

5. Fuddruckers. Expensive, but great. I mean great. You will never
have a bad experience there. Great milkshakes, and build-your-own
burgers that they cook rare or medium rare if you want (except in
states that forbid it).

Honorable mentions:

White Castle. They are what they are. Love 'em or hate "em.
McDonald's. The food is NOT good, but their dollar menu makes them
the cheapest place around.
Panera Bread. Good sandwiches, but the best thing is their pastries,
especially danishes.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> 1. Islands... http://www.islandsrestaurants.com/menu/
> 2. Claim Jumper.... http://www.claimjumper.com/home.html
> 3. Marie Callender's.... http://www.mcpies.com/our_food/menu.php

I never knew Marie had a restaurant!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 11:26 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> I should've probably included White Castle since I've enjoyed their little
> cheeseburgers from the frozen food section but I've never actually been to
> one of the stores. None in PA, sadly.

Dude, they are so much better fresh. They have them in OH, NY and
NJ. They are best with extra pickle and onion, but Beano is
recommended. Otherwise, you might have the worst farting experience
in your entire life. I do not eat them unless I'm on my way to go
camping where no one is sharing my tent, or times when I know I'll be
sleeping at work because of a late night/early morning schedule.
Consequently, I almost never eat them.
The French fried USED TO BE good, then they went to crinkle cut
because they cause less grease spatter when put into the fryer, and
hence are less likely to cause grease burns.

> Andy

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 10:15 am, wrote:
> 1. Outback Steak House - is it a franchise?
> 2. Baskin Robbins
> 3. Lone Star
> 4. Imo's pizza

WARNING!!!!! If you did not grow up on Imo's type pizza, you may find
it inedible. I kid you not, they use PROCESS CHEESE.
Avoid anything called "St. Louis Style Pizza."

> I thought oh, this will be easy... and I only got to 4!! I didn't
> realize how many places I eat that are not franchises.
> Even my kids won't eat at McDonald's, Hardees, Burger King anymore...
> they still want Subway on occasion.
>
> Julie

--Bryan