Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Outback Steakhouse

BOB wrote:
> "cybercat" > wrote in message
>>
>> " BOB" > wrote
>>>>

>>> Would you and Bluto

>> This is cute. Why do you call him Bluto?
>>

> You'll have to ask her or him. It's a semi-long story.
>
> BOB
> just finished a rib-eye steak that was (almost) grilled to perfection
> on my Kamado #1

I still want you to make us a pizza on your "K". If I watch it from start
to finish, I know I'll be less intimidated to make one myself. (Of course,
we only have an oven and the WSM.)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 9, 10:48 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message

> > Skyhooks wrote:

> >> Same here. The few times I've gone to Outback, I've always liked
> >> their food. It was cooked to order and very tasty. I felt like I
> >> got my money's worth and would go more often if I could.

> > (snip)

> >> Sky

> > I don't know, you guys. I just did a Google on the menu for the location
> > closest to me. It's nothing I can't make at home for half the cost. How
> > about some original signature dishes? That's what I look for in a
> > restaurant; something original and different. Maybe I'm just weird?

> > kili

> Doesn't Outback serve the "bloomin' onion"? Whole onion, carved up and deep
> fried, absolutely disgusting. Or, maybe it's one of their fake-outdoor-decor
> competitors.- Hide quoted text -

Yep! - They have the "bloomin' onion". I've only been to Outback
once. I wasn't very impressed with my steak, but I could have sat
there all night and eaten "bloomin' onions." They are amazin'. . .

Myrl Jeffcoat
http://www.myrljeffcoat.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cyberSLUT" wrote:
> "Sheldon" wrote:
> > Becca wrote:

> >> I only eat it for the protein. Aw shucks, I tried say that without
> >> smiling!

> > That must be some strange onion to contain 35 g of protein.,

> >http://www.onions-usa.org/about/nutrition.asp

> > Sheldon Twilightzone

> It's a batter breading. Duh

You friggin' ignoranus! A slice of bread contains just 1 g of
protein... you trying to say those onions are coated with the
equivalent of *35* slices of bread.

http://www.sendbread.com/Bread%20Nut...nformation.htm

A cup of wheat flour contains 13 g of protien... 3 cups of wheat flour
is equivalent to a 2 lb loaf of bread, or enough batter to make 3
dozen pancakes.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21Uf.html

Those onions must be bigger than cyberslut's obeastie beach ball
butt.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion, I ate at Chili's
>> once. There was nothing about the place from the dull food to
>> the indifferent service and the menu that would make me go
>> back.

> I went to a Chili's *once* and was so disappointed with the menu, I
> ordered
> broccoli. Thankfully, they added cheese and mushrooms, since they knew it
> was my main dish. That was a nice touch.

That was nice of them. I do appreciate service like that. It's not
something you expect to find at a place like that.

As far as Outback goes, I've had good experiences there. The rack
of lamb looked great to me, and I liked the way the server said, in
maybe not so many words, don't bother asking for it well done, they
won't do it. It's been a while since I've been there ... I like the ribs.
Steaks. I remember thinking at some point, I shouldn't have to pay
extra for a side salad. But overall, I don't have any complaints.

The blooming onion, I like that but only so much ... in other words,
enough of it is enough. I could never eat more than a quarter of one.
Sort of like a really rich chocolate cake where a few bites is about
all you can manage.

I happened to find myself at Applebees a few weeks ago. One of
those times when you just want lunch and it's right by where you are.
I had a very nice lunch, the Weight Watchers chicken and portobello
sandwich. It was funny because I said, I'll take the chicken and portobello
sandwich and the waiter repeated You'd like the Weight Watcher's
Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich? Yes. Struck me as kind of
funny. So we're waiting and the guy comes back, your Weight Watcher's
Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich will be out soon! We were
laughing, like, is it in the contract, you have to say the whole name?

I liked my Weight Watcher's Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote
>
>> Nancy Young wrote:

>>> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion, I ate at Chili's
>>> once. There was nothing about the place from the dull food to
>>> the indifferent service and the menu that would make me go
>>> back.

>> I went to a Chili's *once* and was so disappointed with the menu, I
>> ordered
>> broccoli. Thankfully, they added cheese and mushrooms, since they
>> knew it was my main dish. That was a nice touch.

> That was nice of them. I do appreciate service like that. It's not
> something you expect to find at a place like that.
>
> As far as Outback goes, I've had good experiences there. The rack
> of lamb looked great to me, and I liked the way the server said, in
> maybe not so many words, don't bother asking for it well done, they
> won't do it. It's been a while since I've been there ... I like the
> ribs. Steaks. I remember thinking at some point, I shouldn't have to
> pay
> extra for a side salad. But overall, I don't have any complaints.
>
> The blooming onion, I like that but only so much ... in other words,
> enough of it is enough. I could never eat more than a quarter of one.
> Sort of like a really rich chocolate cake where a few bites is about
> all you can manage.
>
> I happened to find myself at Applebees a few weeks ago. One of
> those times when you just want lunch and it's right by where you are.
> I had a very nice lunch, the Weight Watchers chicken and portobello
> sandwich. It was funny because I said, I'll take the chicken and
> portobello sandwich and the waiter repeated You'd like the Weight
> Watcher's
> Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich? Yes. Struck me as kind of
> funny. So we're waiting and the guy comes back, your Weight Watcher's
> Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich will be out soon! We were
> laughing, like, is it in the contract, you have to say the whole name?
>
> I liked my Weight Watcher's Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich.
>
> nancy

I liked your telling of the tale of the Weight Watcher's Italian Chicken and
Portobello Sandwich. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote

> Nancy Young wrote:

>> I happened to find myself at Applebees a few weeks ago. One of
>> those times when you just want lunch and it's right by where you are.
>> I had a very nice lunch, the Weight Watchers chicken and portobello
>> sandwich. It was funny because I said, I'll take the chicken and
>> portobello sandwich and the waiter repeated You'd like the Weight
>> Watcher's
>> Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich? Yes. Struck me as kind of
>> funny. So we're waiting and the guy comes back, your Weight Watcher's
>> Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich will be out soon! We were
>> laughing, like, is it in the contract, you have to say the whole name?
>>
>> I liked my Weight Watcher's Italian Chicken and Portobello Sandwich.

> I liked your telling of the tale of the Weight Watcher's Italian Chicken
> and
> Portobello Sandwich. :~)

Heh, thanks, kili. He had that whole 'first day on the job' vibe going
on. It was amusing how he kept saying the entire name.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-07-10, Nancy Young > wrote:

> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion.....

Another example of wildly varying quality. Went to one Applebee's and
had one of the best fish and chips ever. Thick succulent chunks of
deep fried breaded cod. A year later, ordered the same item at
another ABs a few miles down the road and I got sad limp thin fillets,
probably talapia. I don't know if this was a corporate shift or a
locale variation, but the latter AB was almost deserted at peak lunch
while a Mimi's Cafe across the way had a line out the door. ABs is
now on my nada roster.

The fact is, I avoid most chain eateries like the plague, no matter
how expensive or pretentious. Franchises, by their very nature, are
bottom line driven with no incentive to ensure quality fare. I can
name no more than a handful, out of hundreds, I'll even occasionally
chance.

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote in message
news
> On 2007-07-10, Nancy Young > wrote:
>
>> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion.....

> Another example of wildly varying quality.

It doesn't matter about the food there, to me--because
the way they pack tiny table in so that you are eating in
a position where you elbow someone at the next table just
unnerves me. Yeck! If it must be a chain and there is no
drive through, at least give me a big roomy booth.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
ps.com...
> "cyberSLUT" wrote:

>> > That must be some strange onion to contain 35 g of protein.,

>> >http://www.onions-usa.org/about/nutrition.asp

>> > Sheldon Twilightzone

>> It's a batter breading. Duh

> You friggin' ignoranus! A slice of bread contains just 1 g of
> protein... you trying to say those onions are coated with the
> equivalent of *35* slices of bread.
>
> http://www.sendbread.com/Bread%20Nut...nformation.htm
>
> A cup of wheat flour contains 13 g of protien... 3 cups of wheat flour
> is equivalent to a 2 lb loaf of bread, or enough batter to make 3
> dozen pancakes.
>
> http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21Uf.html
>
> Those onions must be bigger than cyberslut's obeastie beach ball
> butt.

You are so cute, Sheldon. Your dead mama would be very proud.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote
>
> Yep! - They have the "bloomin' onion". I've only been to Outback
> once. I wasn't very impressed with my steak, but I could have sat
> there all night and eaten "bloomin' onions." They are amazin'. . .

I kept wondering if the heart-healthy benefits of the onion could possible
outweigh all that grease, but in the end, it tasted so good I didn't care.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>
>> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote
>> >
>> > I have had some good meals at Outbacks in my area. Even so, when I
>> > travel, I prefer to avoid eating at the same restaurant chains I can
>> > eat
>> > at when I am not traveling.

>> This is a good policy!

> My policy when I travel for business or pleasure by air (which is
> several times a year) is quite simple. I want to do things I can't do at
> home. That includes dining out. Why would I want to spend a lot of time
> and money traveling, only to do things and eat things that I can do at
> home. This is why the only time I ever see a movie when I travel is if
> the weather is really bad and I can't think of anything else to do and
> its why I rarely ever break my rule of dining at a restaurant chain that
> operates restaurants in the vicinity of my home. Variety is the spice of
> life.

The really cook thing is, we took day trips to little places close by, but
otherwise were just right around home. Shopping, exploring, and going
out to eat are things I never do, so my "at home" vacation, with the
company of a good old friend, was just right. (Since I eat out so rarely,
the chain restaurant meals in and of themselves were new and different!
The few times we do go out to eat it is often in Mom and Pop "greasy
spoons.") I like cooking much too much to eat out too often, but when
the weather is hot and I don't want to turn on my oven, and I have good
company, it's okay! We went to a movie, too--"Evening." It was not
great, but the cool and the popcorn was, and the film was visually
pleasing if not the best plot or writing.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote

> "notbob" > wrote

>> On 2007-07-10, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>
>>> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion.....

>> Another example of wildly varying quality.

> It doesn't matter about the food there, to me--because
> the way they pack tiny table in so that you are eating in
> a position where you elbow someone at the next table just
> unnerves me. Yeck! If it must be a chain and there is no
> drive through, at least give me a big roomy booth.

Not shilling for Applebees, but I never had that problem there
and I've been to a couple different locations.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote
>>>>

>>> Would you and Bluto

>> This is cute. Why do you call him Bluto?

> Allan's been cyber-morphing lately. There is a guy on alt.food.fast-food
> that he just loves to pester. The guy keeps killfiling him, so he morphs.
> Bluto was his last name, now he's Billy Bong Thornton.

Now that sounds like a fun group. I had never heard of it before!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote

> I always want to eat it, but never can get past that funky aftertaste.
> Honestly, I think it's just me.

No, I don't think so. That is what I did not like when I had it, and I
thought it was just cooked wrong. I did have it in a Greek version of
beef stew (it has a Greek name that escapes me) and it was very good.

>I made some new zealand lamb loin
> kebab last week and Scott and my daughter thought they were fantastic,
> I just ate the couscous I made on the side (sauteed onion and mushroom
> mixed in).

It all sounds great. I want to eat lamb to have a different kind of meat to
eat.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:49:20 -0500, Skyhooks
> wrote:

>Omelet wrote:
>>
>> In article >, "cybercat" >
>> wrote:
>>
>> > This past week I was on vacation, and ate out a lot more than usual.
>> >
>> > One big surprise--a perfect ribeye at Outback Steakhouse. It was an inch
>> > thick, aged to the perfect texture, trimmed so that it was round, if that
>> > makes sense--in other words, none of the fatty stuff you get when you buy a
>> > ribeye at the grocery. (But a good little border of grill-crispy fat on the
>> > edges.) Also, I noticed no garlic salt flavor but what may have been a fresh
>> > garlic rub. The baked potato was perfect, very hot and velvety, and the
>> > broccoli was steamed to a fresh green color but tender, not half raw. The
>> > hot ceramic plates they served the food on kept it hot--it was a pleasant
>> > surprise to find the potato still hot ten minutes into the meal. The hot
>> > wheat bread with whipped butter was nice, and the requisite "blooming onion"
>> > appetizer was greasy and deep-fried delicious as always. Service was great,
>> > too.
>> >
>> > This was a surprise because the first (and last!) time I had eaten at
>> > Outback before, the food was nothing remarkable. Entrees are the standard
>> > $15-$24, and portions are huge so it is a great value. I brought home half
>> > of everything to eat tonight.

>> Some may not agree, but I have yet to have a bad meal at Outback.
>> It's generally my first choice for Birthdays. :-d
>>
>> I love the Rack of Lamb.
>> --
>> Peace, Om

>Same here. The few times I've gone to Outback, I've always liked their
>food. It was cooked to order and very tasty. I felt like I got my
>money's worth and would go more often if I could.
>
>I also think Outback is a bit different than most other restaurant
>chains (not counting fast-food joints here). I believe their
>franchisees are very active in their local communities with financial
>donations and personnel participation in projects like house building
>(and such). At least this is what I've noticed first-hand in my area.
>
>Sky

they usually do a good job. they make sure how you want the steak
done 'that would be pink in the middle, slightly warmed' rather than
medium rare, etc. more value for the money than ruth's or the other
high-end steak houses. nice people, too, at the two i've been to.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 13:00:52 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>Skyhooks wrote:
>> Omelet wrote:

>>> Some may not agree, but I have yet to have a bad meal at Outback.
>>> It's generally my first choice for Birthdays. :-d
>>>
>>> I love the Rack of Lamb.
>>> --
>>> Peace, Om

>> Same here. The few times I've gone to Outback, I've always liked
>> their food. It was cooked to order and very tasty. I felt like I
>> got my money's worth and would go more often if I could.
>>

>(snip)
>
>> Sky

>I don't know, you guys. I just did a Google on the menu for the location
>closest to me. It's nothing I can't make at home for half the cost. How
>about some original signature dishes? That's what I look for in a
>restaurant; something original and different. Maybe I'm just weird?
>
>kili

in general, i would agree, but it's hard to get good beef at the
supermarket, and hard to get the high temps at home to cook it. (i
have no charcoal grill, alas.) and damned if i would attempt the
'bloomin' onion.' (maybe the sauce that comes with, but then where
would you be?)

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote

> they usually do a good job. they make sure how you want the steak
> done 'that would be pink in the middle, slightly warmed' rather than
> medium rare

This is exactly what our waiter said when I ordered my steak medium
rare!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 9 Jul 2007 18:34:06 GMT, "ravenlynne" >
wrote:

>Omelet wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> "JoeSpareBedroom" > wrote:
>>
>> > Doesn't Outback serve the "bloomin' onion"? Whole onion, carved up
>> > and deep fried, absolutely disgusting. Or, maybe it's one of their
>> > fake-outdoor-decor competitors.

>> It's delicious and yes.
>>
>> Chili's serves a similar item, the Awesome Blossom.
>>
>> Better than onion rings!

>Yeah, that's the only thing to get at outback IMO. The only thing to
>get at chilis are those chicken/bacon/monterey jack fajitas. or the
>chicken and shrimp fajitas :-)

i'd say the outback has better food. but i'll keep the fajitas in
mind if i find myself at chili's.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:42:10 -0400, cybercat wrote:
>
>>> ObFood: I'm thinking Vietnamese for tonight. I always eat out on
>>> Mondays - Asian of course. Never eat at anything but an Asian
>>> restaurnat on Mondays.

>> Details on dish, please.

> I just got drunk instead.

Maybe next time.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
> > " BOB" > wrote
> > > >

> >> Would you and Bluto

> > This is cute. Why do you call him Bluto?

> Allan's been cyber-morphing lately. There is a guy on
> alt.food.fast-food that he just loves to pester. The guy keeps
> killfiling him, so he morphs. Bluto was his last name, now he's
> Billy Bong Thornton.

Wow, and you were complaining about Kevin netstalking?

Brian

won't shut up.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote

> Not shilling for Applebees, but I never had that problem there
> and I've been to a couple different locations.

Interesting. Every one I have ever been in looked this way.

Granted, that was maybe four times and not very recently.

Maybe they have improved, thinned out the tables a bit.

I think the last one I was in was the one on Hillsborough Street
in Raleigh, NC, and it really was years ago.

Time is the strangest thing about life.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 08:01:32 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>> " BOB" > wrote
>>>>

>>> Would you and Bluto

>> This is cute. Why do you call him Bluto?

>Allan's been cyber-morphing lately. There is a guy on alt.food.fast-food
>that he just loves to pester. The guy keeps killfiling him, so he morphs.
>Bluto was his last name, now he's Billy Bong Thornton.
>
>kili

i like it.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:54:44 -0500, Andy <q> wrote:

>cybercat said...
>
>> This past week I was on vacation, and ate out a lot more than usual.
>>
>> One big surprise--a perfect ribeye at Outback Steakhouse. It was an inch
>> thick, aged to the perfect texture, trimmed so that it was round, if
>> that makes sense--in other words, none of the fatty stuff you get when
>> you buy a ribeye at the grocery. (But a good little border of
>> grill-crispy fat on the edges.) Also, I noticed no garlic salt flavor
>> but what may have been a fresh garlic rub. The baked potato was perfect,
>> very hot and velvety, and the broccoli was steamed to a fresh green
>> color but tender, not half raw. The hot ceramic plates they served the
>> food on kept it hot--it was a pleasant surprise to find the potato still
>> hot ten minutes into the meal. The hot wheat bread with whipped butter
>> was nice, and the requisite "blooming onion" appetizer was greasy and
>> deep-fried delicious as always. Service was great, too.
>>
>> This was a surprise because the first (and last!) time I had eaten at
>> Outback before, the food was nothing remarkable. Entrees are the
>> standard $15-$24, and portions are huge so it is a great value. I
>> brought home half of everything to eat tonight.

>I never got excited about Outback sh. Ate there once and it was so-so, but
>I did buy a box of their steak knives.

the knives are kinda nice, aren't they?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 14:52:20 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Abe > wrote:
>
>> Nutrition Facts: Outbacks Bloomin Onion
>> Serving Size: 1 serving, or 1/2 onion
>>
>> Calories 2210
>> Total Fat 134 g
>> Total Carbs 241 g
>> Protein 35 g

><lol> We generally split one 4 ways!
>
>At least!

yeah, it's not something you want to eat the entire thing. they're
good, though.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote:

>While far from perfect, Chilis is head and shoulders above Applebees,
>IMO. THere are edible things at Chili's. Can't say the same for
>applebees.

That's good information. Now I need never try out an Applebees.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne > wrote:

>Abe wrote:

>> Nutrition Facts: Outbacks Bloomin Onion
>> Serving Size: 1 serving, or 1/2 onion
>>
>> Calories 2210
>> Total Fat 134 g
>> Total Carbs 241 g
>> Protein 35 g

>didn't need to know that...lol

Or even this:

From calorieking.com

Appetizers: Aussie-Tizers, Aussie Cheese Fries
Outback Steakhouse

Serving Size: x serving (1 lb 12 oz) oz g

Nutrition Facts
Calories 2900 (Kilojoules 12122)

% DV**
Total Fat 182 g 280%
Sat. Fat - 0%
Cholesterol - 0%
Sodium - 0%
Total Carbs. 240 g 80%
Dietary Fiber - 0%
Sugars -
Protein 75 g

If the above is true, since there is no saturated fat or
cholesterol, it can't have actual cheese in it either.

However, I do not know if this is real data or not.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy said...

>>I never got excited about Outback sh. Ate there once and it was so-so, but
>>I did buy a box of their steak knives.
>>

> the knives are kinda nice, aren't they?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Yes they are!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:
> >I don't even bother with Red Lobster any more. Mom and I walked out once
> >when they refused to make a simple substitution.

> I've never had that problem at RL.
>
> Quite the opposite.
>
> I used to go in to RL for lunch once or twice a week.
>
> They had trout, but the cajun trout was blackened.
>
> I asked them to change it by doing it broiled, with the
> cajun spice, without butter or oil (trout has enough in
> it), and just carrots instead of the veggie mix.
>
> After a few tweaks over a few weeks, they'd recognize
> the order in the kitchen and get it exact.
>
> --Blair

I'm glad you have a good place. Even chain places will vary with the
manager.

Ours (RL) sux and so does the one in South Austin. :-(

I'm jealous now!

The Outback however is Out-standing. ;-d
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

> ravenlynne > wrote:
> >Yeah, that's the only thing to get at outback IMO. The only thing to
> >get at chilis are those chicken/bacon/monterey jack fajitas. or the
> >chicken and shrimp fajitas :-)

> The only thing to get at Chili's is directions to Outback.

ROFL!!!

--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"ravenlynne" > wrote:

> While far from perfect, Chilis is head and shoulders above Applebees,
> IMO. THere are edible things at Chili's. Can't say the same for
> applebees.

Now that was a scary post! ;-D
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"ravenlynne" > wrote:

> Abe wrote:
>
> > Nutrition Facts: Outbacks Bloomin Onion
> > Serving Size: 1 serving, or 1/2 onion
> >
> > Calories 2210
> > Total Fat 134 g
> > Total Carbs 241 g
> > Protein 35 g

> didn't need to know that...lol
>
> --
> -Gina in Italy
>
> "evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
> - Anim8rFSK

I agree! ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> cybercat wrote:
> > " BOB" > wrote
> >>>

> >> Would you and Bluto

> > This is cute. Why do you call him Bluto?

> Allan's been cyber-morphing lately. There is a guy on alt.food.fast-food
> that he just loves to pester. The guy keeps killfiling him, so he morphs.
> Bluto was his last name, now he's Billy Bong Thornton.
>
> kili

Tell him to try just "Bubba"! <lol>
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article om>,
Sheldon > wrote:

> > It's a batter breading. Duh

> You friggin' ignoranus! A slice of bread contains just 1 g of
> protein... you trying to say those onions are coated with the
> equivalent of *35* slices of bread.

Eggs Babe.

Eggs.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article om>,
> Sheldon > wrote:
>
>> > It's a batter breading. Duh

>> You friggin' ignoranus! A slice of bread contains just 1 g of
>> protein... you trying to say those onions are coated with the
>> equivalent of *35* slices of bread.

> Eggs Babe.
>
> Eggs.
> --

Yuh fink?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "notbob" > wrote in message
> news
>> On 2007-07-10, Nancy Young > wrote:
>>
>>> While I have eaten at Applebees on occasion.....

>> Another example of wildly varying quality.

> It doesn't matter about the food there, to me--because
> the way they pack tiny table in so that you are eating in
> a position where you elbow someone at the next table just
> unnerves me. Yeck! If it must be a chain and there is no
> drive through, at least give me a big roomy booth.

I've never gotten a hot or even warm meal there, which is interesting
since I've never ordered a cold one.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> > wrote
>> Yep! - They have the "bloomin' onion". I've only been to Outback
>> once. I wasn't very impressed with my steak, but I could have sat
>> there all night and eaten "bloomin' onions." They are amazin'. . .
>>

> I kept wondering if the heart-healthy benefits of the onion could possible
> outweigh all that grease, but in the end, it tasted so good I didn't care.

Sometimes ya just gotta live a little.

--
-Gina in Italy

"evil government scientist Dirk Benedict."
- Anim8rFSK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 11:49:20 -0500, Skyhooks
> > wrote:

>>Same here. The few times I've gone to Outback, I've always liked their
>>food. It was cooked to order and very tasty. I felt like I got my
>>money's worth and would go more often if I could.
>>
>>I also think Outback is a bit different than most other restaurant
>>chains (not counting fast-food joints here). I believe their
>>franchisees are very active in their local communities with financial
>>donations and personnel participation in projects like house building
>>(and such). At least this is what I've noticed first-hand in my area.
>>
>>Sky

> they usually do a good job. they make sure how you want the steak
> done 'that would be pink in the middle, slightly warmed' rather than
> medium rare, etc. more value for the money than ruth's or the other
> high-end steak houses. nice people, too, at the two i've been to.
>
> your pal,
> blake

I did go there one time and ordered a steak medium. It came well done. I motioned for
our server to come to the table, let her know the problem and sent it back. She came
back a while later with the same steak, cooked some more. I asked her if they thought
they could put it back on the grill and "uncook" it somehow? We had a good laugh, the
manager came over and apologized profusely, and offered to cook my steak himself. I
did finally get the correct steak, and the manager brought out dessert and comped the
whole shebang.

kimberly

--
http://one.revver.com/watch/324733/flv/affiliate/99865
"I think that's my bathing suit. Is that one of my bathing suits? That is totally my

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"ravenlynne" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> > wrote
>>> Yep! - They have the "bloomin' onion". I've only been to Outback
>>> once. I wasn't very impressed with my steak, but I could have sat
>>> there all night and eaten "bloomin' onions." They are amazin'. . .
>>>

>> I kept wondering if the heart-healthy benefits of the onion could
>> possible
>> outweigh all that grease, but in the end, it tasted so good I didn't
>> care.

> Sometimes ya just gotta live a little.

Indeed.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 10, 2:38 am, "ravenlynne" > wrote:
> cybercat wrote:
>
> > "Omelet" > wrote

> > > I love the Rack of Lamb.
> > > --

> > I wanted the lamb, but I am still a lambaphobe!

> I always want to eat it, but never can get past that funky aftertaste.
> Honestly, I think it's just me. I made some new zealand lamb loin
> kebab last week and Scott and my daughter thought they were fantastic,
> I just ate the couscous I made on the side (sauteed onion and mushroom
> mixed in).

Try local lamb instead. I have noticed that there is a distinct
difference in taste between Canadian and NZ lamb and you may find the
same thing in Italy. I definately prefer the Canadian and my brother-
in-law "hated" lamb until we introduced him to locally grown lamb.

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kane" > wrote:
> Try local lamb instead. I have noticed that there is a distinct
> difference in taste between Canadian and NZ lamb and you may find the
> same thing in Italy. I definately prefer the Canadian and my brother-
> in-law "hated" lamb until we introduced him to locally grown lamb.
>
> John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Interesting. I'll look for Canadian lamb.