Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: Beef Sandwiches - Knock-off of Damsel's Chicago Beef Sandwiches

In something of an organized format. . . . .

Beef Sandwiches - Pressure Cooker recipe

2-1/2# sirloin tip roast
~1-1/2 tsp dried basil
~1-1/2 tsp dried oregano
~1 tbsp dried leaf celery
~1-1/2 cups beef broth
3 cloves garlic, sliced

Brown the meat in hot oil. Sprinkle the herbs and garlic over the meat,
pour beef broth into the pan, cover. Bring to pressure (15 psi) over
high heat, reduce heat so pressure gauge jiggles 2-3 times per minute
and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let pressure drop
naturally and slowly.

When pressure has equalized, remove the cover. Remove the meat from the
kettle and chill it. Strain the broth and add more beef broth if that's
your pleasure.

Slice meat thinly, heat gently in some of the broth; pile meat into roll
(I used bolillos from Cub) and serve with extra broth.

This is what I did for dinner last night. I made 5 sandwiches ( maybe
3-5 slices meat each) and there's enough beef left for another 3, I
think.

This is a fine thing to do ahead of serving time.

Meat can be prepped and sliced well in advance of serving (a day or two,
even, I'll bet).

We picked up Firstborn Son at the airport, came home, and while the
water for the corn on the cob was heating and the corn cooking, I sliced
the meat and made up the sandwiches. I've been keeping shredded
cabbage in the fridge ready to dress for coleslaw. We were at table
within 30 minutes of getting home. A modest supper, very well received
by all present.

Thanks to Damsel for inspiration. Crock pots and I don't get along and
since it was 97 degrees here yesterday, I wasn't keen on runnning the
oven any longer than necessary to bake Rob's birthday cake (German
chocolate -- from a mix. Frosted with the coconut pecan icing -- from a
can. Shoot me.)

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 8, 9:18 am, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> Beef Sandwiches - Pressure Cooker recipe
> This is what I did for dinner last night. I made 5 sandwiches ( maybe
> 3-5 slices meat each) and there's enough beef left for another 3, I
> think.
>
> Thanks to Damsel for inspiration. Crock pots and I don't get along and
> since it was 97 degrees here yesterday, I wasn't keen on runnning the
> oven any longer than necessary to bake Rob's birthday cake....

Thanks for taking time for the sammie share; saved/printed as
"Damsel's by Barb." I have a new pressure cooker needing use, and
this will be a great change from the now often (and a bit boring to
me) done "Jeanine's Sandwich Day" at work. My Marines are spoiled by
my Foccacia sammies made with various deli meats, tomatoes, lettuce,
pickles and a basil or olive pesto and served cold. These beef ones
will be a much easier take-in to assemble just by using the microwave
to very hot-heat the broth for then warming the beef slices in. Or as
often done, I could also take in my small crockpot for keeping the
broth hottest.
Appreciate as always!
....Picky