Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Reheating ham

On Jul 3, 5:48 pm, Becca > wrote:
> About every 2 weeks, I buy a spiral sliced ham at the supermarket. I
> bring it home and I cut the ham off the bone. I put the ham in one of
> those square, plastic Glad tupperware-type containers and I refrigerate
> it. I freeze the bone and I use that to cook beans, or cabbage, etc.
> Maybe I have been lucky, but the ham never seems to try out.

You buy a ham 2x month? I buy this 1x year at the most. Just
interesting...

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Unhappy 4th!

On Jul 6, 1:46 pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> "Ophelia" > wrote:
> > Omelet wrote:
> > > Triple tap is even better...

> > > 2 to center of mass and one to the head in case they are wearing body
> > > armor. I've seen more than one cop practicing those at the pistol
> > > range.

> > > It's almost scary.

> > Hmm, David has just explained that.. in detail!!

> > I am about to make dinner too

> Relax. :-)
>
> You are not a criminal so you will never have to worry about it!

Unless the police have the wrong address ?

John Kane, Kingston ON Canada

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"John Kane" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 6, 1:46 pm, Omelet > wrote:
>> In article >,

>> > Hmm, David has just explained that.. in detail!!

>> > I am about to make dinner too

>> Relax. :-)
>>
>> You are not a criminal so you will never have to worry about it!

> Unless the police have the wrong address ?

<G>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote:
>
>> Well it wasn't a happy 4th for us!
>>
>> Our place in Texas was broken into and robbed as well as ransacked!

> I'm sorry. :-(
> --
> Peace, Om
>
> Remove _ to validate e-mails.
>
> "My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a bitch" -- Jack
> Nicholson

Thanks Om!

Helen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Sheldon" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Jul 5, 2:36?pm, "MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote:
>> "Sheldon" > wrote in message
>>
>> ups.com...

>> > Geeze, that sucks.

>> > Chances are they won't catch the thieves, not unless there was
>> > anything valuable and out of the ordinary taken, something that would
>> > send up a red flag when it was attempted to be disposed of. Everyone
>> > should take lots of pictures of everything they own, all valuables,
>> > room by room, wall by wall, open each closet, each dresser drawer,
>> > every cabinet... basement, attic, garage, everything outdoors, even
>> > inside your car trunk. Then upload all your pics to a photo website,
>> > there are plenty of free ones. And take tons of pictures, with
>> > digicams it's easy, it's free.

>> > I hope they catch the thief, but don't hold your breath... your stuff
>> > is probably all gone by now, traded for drugs.

>> > Sheldon

>> That's what we do but the dumbest was not listening to my inner voice
>> insure before we left. And I know it was dumb!

> What do you mean by "insure before we left"? So now I'm assuming you
> rent. Everyone who rents needs renter's insurance, from day one.
> Renter's insurance is very inexpensive (less than $1/day). It's very
> good that you didn't take out a policy just before you left on your
> trip. Had you done that you very likely would have been arrested on
> suspician of commiting or orchestrating that burglary.
>
> Btw, the vast majority of rental burglaries are inside jobs... odds
> are 999 to 1 that you or someone in your household knows the
> burglar(s). The fact that the burglary just happened to occur during
> a planned trip increases those odds a thousand fold.
>
> Right now (today!) call your insurance company and take out a renter's
> policy... your auto ins company can handle it. No one should ever
> advertise that they are going away (especially not on the net), tell
> your friends after you return.
>
> Sheldon

No we don't rent Sheldon. We own the place. That's why I feel so dumb!

MoM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" > wrote

> No we don't rent Sheldon. We own the place. That's why I feel so dumb!

Have you been able to find out more of how much you lost?
It really stinks that this happened to you.

nancy

Food for Reheating Later gloria.p General Cooking 1 21-04-2010 05:14 AM
Reheating After Freezing hutchndi Sourdough 10 01-02-2006 09:19 PM
reheating ribs bk Barbecue 7 06-09-2005 10:07 PM
Reheating mash! Squet34785 General Cooking 3 25-07-2005 05:39 AM
reheating tri-tip [email protected] Barbecue 2 09-06-2005 11:49 PM