Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hell's Kitchen - the Wedding Reception

Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post

What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa tonight?! Each
team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat course for a wedding
reception. The bride and groom to be were evaluating these dishes first.

From the get-go Melissa started telling everyone on the red team if they had
any questions to ask HER, not anyone else. Um, who put her in charge? Then
when the chef who prepared the duck breast to *perfection* took it out of
the oven this b**** put it back in!

When Ramsay told each team to present their courses Melissa immediately
spoke up and informed Ramsay she didn't think they should present their
dishes. Excuse me?! Who does she think she is?!

And when it came time to have them taste the meat course she told the woman
on her team who was supposed to carry it to the tasting table *not to*!
Chef Ramsay was sooooo embarrassed. Of course their duck was lousy. She'd
put it back in the oven and it was like shoe leather.

She carried on like that all through the actual dinner service the next
night, bossing people around. She ruined a simple sliced pan-fried potato
dish and had to start over. She dumped a pan of sauce into the water bin on
the steam table. Rather than immediately start making more she tried to bum
sauce from the blue team! And the whole time she's acting like it's
everyone elses' fault.

She was nominated to leave at the end of the show but Ramsay surprised
everyone by sending her over to the blue team instead. He did, however, say
this was her last chance. IMHO she should have been out of there.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 2, 8:06?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post
>
> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa tonight?! Each
> team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat course for a wedding
> reception. The bride and groom to be were evaluating these dishes first.
>
> From the get-go Melissa started telling everyone on the red team if they had
> any questions to ask HER, not anyone else. Um, who put her in charge? Then
> when the chef who prepared the duck breast to *perfection* took it out of
> the oven this b**** put it back in!
>
> When Ramsay told each team to present their courses Melissa immediately
> spoke up and informed Ramsay she didn't think they should present their
> dishes. Excuse me?! Who does she think she is?!
>
> And when it came time to have them taste the meat course she told the woman
> on her team who was supposed to carry it to the tasting table *not to*!
> Chef Ramsay was sooooo embarrassed. Of course their duck was lousy. She'd
> put it back in the oven and it was like shoe leather.
>
> She carried on like that all through the actual dinner service the next
> night, bossing people around. She ruined a simple sliced pan-fried potato
> dish and had to start over. She dumped a pan of sauce into the water bin on
> the steam table. Rather than immediately start making more she tried to bum
> sauce from the blue team! And the whole time she's acting like it's
> everyone elses' fault.
>
> She was nominated to leave at the end of the show but Ramsay surprised
> everyone by sending her over to the blue team instead. He did, however, say
> this was her last chance. IMHO she should have been out of there.
>
> Jill

I am still watching it Jill. You are decribing Melissa perfectly. I
can't believe that Ramsay is letting her stay. I can't believe her
"blame game". Who does she think she is. Julia (the short-order cook)
had the duck done just right and Melissa ruined it. I like Julia.
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vickie in Utah wrote:
> On Jul 2, 8:06?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post
>>
>> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa
>> tonight?! Each team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat
>> course for a wedding reception. The bride and groom to be were
>> evaluating these dishes first.
>>
>> From the get-go Melissa started telling everyone on the red team if
>> they had any questions to ask HER, not anyone else. Um, who put her
>> in charge? Then when the chef who prepared the duck breast to
>> *perfection* took it out of the oven this b**** put it back in!
>>
>> When Ramsay told each team to present their courses Melissa
>> immediately spoke up and informed Ramsay she didn't think they
>> should present their dishes. Excuse me?! Who does she think she
>> is?!
>>
>> And when it came time to have them taste the meat course she told
>> the woman on her team who was supposed to carry it to the tasting
>> table *not to*! Chef Ramsay was sooooo embarrassed. Of course their
>> duck was lousy. She'd put it back in the oven and it was like shoe
>> leather.
>>
>> She carried on like that all through the actual dinner service the
>> next night, bossing people around. She ruined a simple sliced
>> pan-fried potato dish and had to start over. She dumped a pan of
>> sauce into the water bin on the steam table. Rather than
>> immediately start making more she tried to bum sauce from the blue
>> team! And the whole time she's acting like it's everyone elses'
>> fault.
>>
>> She was nominated to leave at the end of the show but Ramsay
>> surprised everyone by sending her over to the blue team instead. He
>> did, however, say this was her last chance. IMHO she should have
>> been out of there.
>>
>> Jill

> I am still watching it Jill. You are decribing Melissa perfectly. I
> can't believe that Ramsay is letting her stay. I can't believe her
> "blame game". Who does she think she is. Julia (the short-order cook)
> had the duck done just right and Melissa ruined it. I like Julia.
> Vickie

Oooops, I didn't think of the time difference! Sorry Vickie! I like Julia,
too. She doesn't take any guff but she doesn't try to boss everyone around,
either. She just handles her station and keeps it moving. As a short order
cook you'd have to be able to do that.

I feel sorry for Bonnie. She admitted from the start as a Nanny she's only
ever had to cook for 4 people and not worry if the food is a few minutes
late. (Guess she doesn't prepare food for their dinner parties heheh.)
She's a bit out of her element.

The time factors on the show amuse me. "1 hour into the dinner service and
no one has gotten their appetizers yet". If it wasn't a cooking contest I'd
have walked out long before that!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 2, 9:03?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Vickie in Utah wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 8:06?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post

> >> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa
> >> tonight?! Each team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat
> >> course for a wedding reception. The bride and groom to be were
> >> evaluating these dishes first.

> >> From the get-go Melissa started telling everyone on the red team if
> >> they had any questions to ask HER, not anyone else. Um, who put her
> >> in charge? Then when the chef who prepared the duck breast to
> >> *perfection* took it out of the oven this b**** put it back in!

> >> When Ramsay told each team to present their courses Melissa
> >> immediately spoke up and informed Ramsay she didn't think they
> >> should present their dishes. Excuse me?! Who does she think she
> >> is?!

> >> And when it came time to have them taste the meat course she told
> >> the woman on her team who was supposed to carry it to the tasting
> >> table *not to*! Chef Ramsay was sooooo embarrassed. Of course their
> >> duck was lousy. She'd put it back in the oven and it was like shoe
> >> leather.

> >> She carried on like that all through the actual dinner service the
> >> next night, bossing people around. She ruined a simple sliced
> >> pan-fried potato dish and had to start over. She dumped a pan of
> >> sauce into the water bin on the steam table. Rather than
> >> immediately start making more she tried to bum sauce from the blue
> >> team! And the whole time she's acting like it's everyone elses'
> >> fault.

> >> She was nominated to leave at the end of the show but Ramsay
> >> surprised everyone by sending her over to the blue team instead. He
> >> did, however, say this was her last chance. IMHO she should have
> >> been out of there.

> >> Jill

> > I am still watching it Jill. You are decribing Melissa perfectly. I
> > can't believe that Ramsay is letting her stay. I can't believe her
> > "blame game". Who does she think she is. Julia (the short-order cook)
> > had the duck done just right and Melissa ruined it. I like Julia.
> > Vickie

> Oooops, I didn't think of the time difference! Sorry Vickie! I like Julia,
> too. She doesn't take any guff but she doesn't try to boss everyone around,
> either. She just handles her station and keeps it moving. As a short order
> cook you'd have to be able to do that.
>
> I feel sorry for Bonnie. She admitted from the start as a Nanny she's only
> ever had to cook for 4 people and not worry if the food is a few minutes
> late. (Guess she doesn't prepare food for their dinner parties heheh.)
> She's a bit out of her element.
>
> The time factors on the show amuse me. "1 hour into the dinner service and
> no one has gotten their appetizers yet". If it wasn't a cooking contest I'd
> have walked out long before that!
>
> Jill- Hide quoted text -

I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out they
were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would not
want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do. Bonnie
serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was really
disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the fall where
he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble. That should be
interesting. LOL
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
IMHO she should have been out of there.

> Jill

Aside from all that, looking closely at what first appears to be some
sort of goatee (beard?) immediately below the middle of her lower lip,
looking again, it is some sort of 'outbreak'? What in the world is
that!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> IMHO she should have been out of there.
>>
>> Jill

> Aside from all that, looking closely at what first appears to be some
> sort of goatee (beard?) immediately below the middle of her lower lip,
> looking again, it is some sort of 'outbreak'? What in the world is
> that!
> Dee Dee

I think it's a piercing. And she really needs to do something about all
that hair when she's cooking. Simply tying it back just wouldn't cut it if
she worked in my kitchen!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 00:37:38 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Dee Dee wrote:
>> On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> IMHO she should have been out of there.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Aside from all that, looking closely at what first appears to be some
>> sort of goatee (beard?) immediately below the middle of her lower lip,
>> looking again, it is some sort of 'outbreak'? What in the world is
>> that!
>> Dee Dee

>I think it's a piercing. And she really needs to do something about all
>that hair when she's cooking. Simply tying it back just wouldn't cut it if
>she worked in my kitchen!

I guess that's one reason why it's caled *Hells* kitchen! Haven't
seen it to date, don't want to either.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:53:13 -0700, Vickie in Utah >
wrote:

>I am still watching it Jill. You are decribing Melissa perfectly. I
>can't believe that Ramsay is letting her stay. I can't believe her
>"blame game". Who does she think she is. Julia (the short-order cook)
>had the duck done just right and Melissa ruined it. I like Julia.

Melissa see "Attention Seeker"
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/serial.htm#Types

Among other things:

- everything is a drama, usually a poor-me drama
- excusitis, makes excuses for everything
- feigns victimhood when held accountable, usually by bursting into
tears or claiming they're the one being bullied and harassed
- presents as a false victim when outwitted
- constantly tries and will do almost anything to be in the spotlight
- the focus of their life is to be the centre of attention

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 00:37:38 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> Dee Dee wrote:
>>> On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>>> IMHO she should have been out of there.

>>> Aside from all that, looking closely at what first appears to be
>>> some sort of goatee (beard?) immediately below the middle of her
>>> lower lip, looking again, it is some sort of 'outbreak'? What in
>>> the world is that!
>>> Dee Dee

>> I think it's a piercing. And she really needs to do something about
>> all that hair when she's cooking. Simply tying it back just
>> wouldn't cut it if she worked in my kitchen!
>>

> I guess that's one reason why it's caled *Hells* kitchen! Haven't
> seen it to date, don't want to either.

LOL It's actually quite entertaining.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vickie in Utah wrote:
> On Jul 2, 9:03?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Vickie in Utah wrote:
>>> I am still watching it Jill. You are decribing Melissa perfectly. I
>>> can't believe that Ramsay is letting her stay. I can't believe her
>>> "blame game". Who does she think she is. Julia (the short-order cook)
>>> had the duck done just right and Melissa ruined it. I like Julia.
>>> Vickie

>> Oooops, I didn't think of the time difference! Sorry Vickie! I like Julia,
>> too. She doesn't take any guff but she doesn't try to boss everyone around,
>> either. She just handles her station and keeps it moving. As a short order
>> cook you'd have to be able to do that.
>>
>> I feel sorry for Bonnie. She admitted from the start as a Nanny she's only
>> ever had to cook for 4 people and not worry if the food is a few minutes
>> late. (Guess she doesn't prepare food for their dinner parties heheh.)
>> She's a bit out of her element.
>>
>> The time factors on the show amuse me. "1 hour into the dinner service and
>> no one has gotten their appetizers yet". If it wasn't a cooking contest I'd
>> have walked out long before that!
>>
>> Jill- Hide quoted text -

> I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
> watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out they
> were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would not
> want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do. Bonnie
> serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was really
> disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the fall where
> he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble. That should be
> interesting. LOL
> Vickie

I thought that was Jen who tried to serve "trash"................

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> > I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
> > watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out
> > they were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would
> > not want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do.
> > Bonnie serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was
> > really disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the
> > fall where he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble.
> > That should be interesting. LOL
> > Vickie
> >

> I thought that was Jen who tried to serve "trash"................

It was Jen. Bonnie had the undercooked chicken.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post
>
> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa tonight?! Each
> team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat course for a wedding
> reception. The bride and groom to be were evaluating these dishes first.
>
> From the get-go Melissa started telling everyone on the red team if they had
> any questions to ask HER, not anyone else. Um, who put her in charge? Then
> when the chef who prepared the duck breast to *perfection* took it out of
> the oven this b**** put it back in!
>
> When Ramsay told each team to present their courses Melissa immediately
> spoke up and informed Ramsay she didn't think they should present their
> dishes. Excuse me?! Who does she think she is?!
>
> And when it came time to have them taste the meat course she told the woman
> on her team who was supposed to carry it to the tasting table *not to*!
> Chef Ramsay was sooooo embarrassed. Of course their duck was lousy. She'd
> put it back in the oven and it was like shoe leather.
>
> She carried on like that all through the actual dinner service the next
> night, bossing people around. She ruined a simple sliced pan-fried potato
> dish and had to start over. She dumped a pan of sauce into the water bin on
> the steam table. Rather than immediately start making more she tried to bum
> sauce from the blue team! And the whole time she's acting like it's
> everyone elses' fault.
>
> She was nominated to leave at the end of the show but Ramsay surprised
> everyone by sending her over to the blue team instead. He did, however, say
> this was her last chance. IMHO she should have been out of there.
>
> Jill

I have noticed a *significant* difference between this year's crop of
hopefuls compared to last season. This year it's been all drama and
not very much skill at all. I can't imagine any of these "cooks" to
be the head chef at the Green Valley Resort. Stranger things could
happen, but this group is just awful. I think the reason Ramsay kept
her around is because she is one of the best available and if she goes
off the show, then this entire season loses a lot of credibility.

Melissa only behaved this way for this particular episode. She's an
annoying personality, yes, but it wasn't THIS bad until this week. My
thinking is nerves or exhaustion leading her to behave in this way.
Or, you know, female reasons. But nevertheless, I think Ramsay made
the right move -- anyway, they had have a non-elimination to make up
for the week when they lost Aaron due to medical reasons.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 12:29 am, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> IMHO she should have been out of there.
>

> > Jill

> Aside from all that, looking closely at what first appears to be some
> sort of goatee (beard?) immediately below the middle of her lower lip,
> looking again, it is some sort of 'outbreak'? What in the world is
> that!
> Dee Dee

I think it's a pimple of some sort that she scratched and it just got
worse and worse. I'm thinking she had it all along and make-up simply
decided to not hide it this episode in order to accentuate her
strangeness.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ebrian wrote:
> On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post
>>
>> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa
>> tonight?! Each team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat
>> course for a wedding reception. The bride and groom to be were
>> evaluating these dishes first.

(snip)
> Melissa only behaved this way for this particular episode. She's an
> annoying personality, yes, but it wasn't THIS bad until this week. My
> thinking is nerves or exhaustion leading her to behave in this way.
> Or, you know, female reasons. But nevertheless, I think Ramsay made
> the right move -- anyway, they had have a non-elimination to make up
> for the week when they lost Aaron due to medical reasons.

They lost someone due to medical reasons in the last season as well. Makes
me wonder if they are purposely recruiting at least one person with some
sort of health issue to add to the drama. What idiot would sign up under
those conditions is beyond me!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 11:07 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> ebrian wrote:
> > On Jul 2, 10:06 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> Okay, if you don't like the show please skip this post

> >> What the hell was up with this redheaded wench named Melissa
> >> tonight?! Each team had to create an appetizer, a fish and a meat
> >> course for a wedding reception. The bride and groom to be were
> >> evaluating these dishes first.

> (snip)
> > Melissa only behaved this way for this particular episode. She's an
> > annoying personality, yes, but it wasn't THIS bad until this week. My
> > thinking is nerves or exhaustion leading her to behave in this way.
> > Or, you know, female reasons. But nevertheless, I think Ramsay made
> > the right move -- anyway, they had have a non-elimination to make up
> > for the week when they lost Aaron due to medical reasons.

> They lost someone due to medical reasons in the last season as well. Makes
> me wonder if they are purposely recruiting at least one person with some
> sort of health issue to add to the drama. What idiot would sign up under
> those conditions is beyond me!

I missed the beginning of last season so I must have missed that
medical problem last year.

Bonnie reminds me of the finalist from last season who didn't win,
she's so emotional, crying all the time, questioning herself. It's a
little endearing.

I'm thinking that it may come down to one of the men this season.
Julia is one of my favorites but at the end of the day she might not
be all that suited for the actual prize. I like Rock as well, except
I think he's really got to do something about the sweat.. maybe wear a
headband to keep the sweat from going into his eyes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:57:03 -0700, Vickie in Utah >
wrote:

>On Jul 2, 9:03?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Vickie in Utah wrote:

>I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
>watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out they
>were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would not
>want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do. Bonnie
>serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was really
>disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the fall where
>he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble. That should be
>interesting. LOL
>Vickie

I have seen that Helping Restaurants in Trouble Show -last year I
think. It is really interesting. Ramsay is more gentle on the
various owners but he is able to diagnose the problems in the
struggling restaurants and because the owners have invested lots of
money in their restaurants, they listen.

I can't wait for the new season.

aloha,
beans
roast beans to kona to email
farmers of Pure Kona
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 12:32 pm, wrote:
> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:57:03 -0700, Vickie in Utah >
> wrote:
>
> >On Jul 2, 9:03?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> >> Vickie in Utah wrote:

> >I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
> >watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out they
> >were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would not
> >want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do. Bonnie
> >serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was really
> >disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the fall where
> >he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble. That should be
> >interesting. LOL
> >Vickie

> I have seen that Helping Restaurants in Trouble Show -last year I
> think. It is really interesting. Ramsay is more gentle on the
> various owners but he is able to diagnose the problems in the
> struggling restaurants and because the owners have invested lots of
> money in their restaurants, they listen.
>
> I can't wait for the new season.
>
> aloha,
> beans
> roast beans to kona to email
> farmers of Pure Kona

This is actually going to be a North American version of a UK show.
It's called Kitchen Nightmares, I think we've talked about it before
on this newsgroup.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this show too.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ebrian wrote:
> On Jul 3, 12:32 pm, wrote:
>> On Mon, 02 Jul 2007 20:57:03 -0700, Vickie in Utah >
>> wrote:

>>> I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
>>> watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out
>>> they were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would
>>> not want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do.
>>> Bonnie serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was
>>> really disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the
>>> fall where he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble.
>>> That should be interesting. LOL
>>> Vickie

>> I have seen that Helping Restaurants in Trouble Show -last year I
>> think. It is really interesting. Ramsay is more gentle on the
>> various owners but he is able to diagnose the problems in the
>> struggling restaurants and because the owners have invested lots of
>> money in their restaurants, they listen.
>>
>> I can't wait for the new season.
>>
>> aloha,
>> beans
>> roast beans to kona to email
>> farmers of Pure Kona

> This is actually going to be a North American version of a UK show.
> It's called Kitchen Nightmares, I think we've talked about it before
> on this newsgroup.
>
> Anyway, I'm looking forward to this show too.

I hope it's going to be on a channel I can get. (no Cable)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 3:35 pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> ebrian wrote:
> > On Jul 3, 12:32 pm, wrote:

> >> I have seen that Helping Restaurants in Trouble Show -last year I
> >> think. It is really interesting. Ramsay is more gentle on the
> >> various owners but he is able to diagnose the problems in the
> >> struggling restaurants and because the owners have invested lots of
> >> money in their restaurants, they listen.

> >> I can't wait for the new season.

> >> aloha,
> >> beans
> >> roast beans to kona to email
> >> farmers of Pure Kona

> > This is actually going to be a North American version of a UK show.
> > It's called Kitchen Nightmares, I think we've talked about it before
> > on this newsgroup.

> > Anyway, I'm looking forward to this show too.

> I hope it's going to be on a channel I can get. (no Cable)- Hide quoted text -

I am just the opposite. Until last week I got all the "Dish" channels
except local because I'm not crazy about local channels., But I
couldn't get Hell's Kitchen which is on the local channels, so I had
to "fork out" an extra $5 a month; worth it for him.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 11:28 am, ebrian > wrote:
> On Jul 3, 11:07 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>

> > ebrian wrote:

> > (snip)
> > > Melissa only behaved this way for this particular episode. She's an
> > > annoying personality, yes, but it wasn't THIS bad until this week. My
> > > thinking is nerves or exhaustion leading her to behave in this way.
> > > Or, you know, female reasons. But nevertheless, I think Ramsay made
> > > the right move -- anyway, they had have a non-elimination to make up
> > > for the week when they lost Aaron due to medical reasons.

> > They lost someone due to medical reasons in the last season as well. Makes
> > me wonder if they are purposely recruiting at least one person with some
> > sort of health issue to add to the drama. What idiot would sign up under
> > those conditions is beyond me!

> I missed the beginning of last season so I must have missed that
> medical problem last year.
>
> Bonnie reminds me of the finalist from last season who didn't win,
> she's so emotional, crying all the time, questioning herself. It's a
> little endearing.
>
> I'm thinking that it may come down to one of the men this season.
> Julia is one of my favorites but at the end of the day she might not
> be all that suited for the actual prize. I like Rock as well, except
> I think he's really got to do something about the sweat.. maybe wear a
> headband to keep the sweat from going into his eyes.- Hide quoted text -

This is the first show of its kind that I'm not attached to any of the
people. I'm sorry to say that not one is interesting to me - only
Ramsay -- but I blame him for choosing these complete novices (not
only in cooking either).
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 3, 7:24?am, rachael simpson > wrote:
> Vickie in Utah wrote:
> >> Oooops, I didn't think of the time difference! Sorry Vickie! I like Julia,
> >> too. She doesn't take any guff but she doesn't try to boss everyone around,
> >> either. She just handles her station and keeps it moving. As a short order
> >> cook you'd have to be able to do that.

> >> I feel sorry for Bonnie. She admitted from the start as a Nanny she's only
> >> ever had to cook for 4 people and not worry if the food is a few minutes
> >> late. (Guess she doesn't prepare food for their dinner parties heheh.)
> >> She's a bit out of her element.

> >> The time factors on the show amuse me. "1 hour into the dinner service and
> >> no one has gotten their appetizers yet". If it wasn't a cooking contest I'd
> >> have walked out long before that!

> >> Jill- Hide quoted text -

> > I didn't mind finding out ahead of time. It helped to know what to
> > watch for. The looks on the blue team's faces when they found out they
> > were going to have to work with Melissa was too funny. I would not
> > want to eat there after seeing some of the things they do. Bonnie
> > serving pasta that she took off the top of the trash was really
> > disgusting. LOL Now Ramsay has a new show starting in the fall where
> > he is going to help resteraunts that are in trouble. That should be
> > interesting. LOL
> > Vickie

> I thought that was Jen who tried to serve "trash"................- Hide quoted text -

OOPS!!!!! You are right. I was wrong. Just don't tell my Daughter. I
tell her I am always right. LOL
Vickie

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> This is the first show of its kind that I'm not attached to any of the
> people. I'm sorry to say that not one is interesting to me - only
> Ramsay -- but I blame him for choosing these complete novices (not
> only in cooking either).

I seriously doubt he's involved with casting.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 4, 1:55 am, "Default User" > wrote:
> Dee Dee wrote:
> > This is the first show of its kind that I'm not attached to any of the
> > people. I'm sorry to say that not one is interesting to me - only
> > Ramsay -- but I blame him for choosing these complete novices (not
> > only in cooking either).

> I seriously doubt he's involved with casting.
>
> Brian

Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
these morons!
DeeDee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vickie in Utah wrote:
> On Jul 2, 9:03?pm, "jmcquown" > wrote:
>> Vickie in Utah wrote:

>> Oooops, I didn't think of the time difference! Sorry Vickie! I
>> like Julia, too. She doesn't take any guff but she doesn't try to
>> boss everyone around, either. She just handles her station and
>> keeps it moving. As a short order cook you'd have to be able to do
>> that.

One thing I remember now noticing is during this particular dinner service
Chef Ramsay commented on Julia having tasted as much as one person could
eat. But her reply (in a separate camera comment, not in the kitchen during
service) was she's learned that's what you have to do. Taste, taste, taste.
Don't just dump in a bunch of seasonings and let it go. And how right she
is!

I think really he appreciated it but he was challenging her when he said it.
And she didn't stop. As I said before, she's got spunk. Julia didn't
overtly challenge him but she did keep tasting as she cooked and adjusting
seasonings. Don't we all?! I know I do. We're just not under such time
constraints and pressure.

Julia may not win the competition but she'll have won his respect. And I
think she's a strong presence. I like Rock from the blue team, too. He
seems to grab things by the horns and say okay, let's just do it.

It's an interesting competition because, as they said in the movie
Highlander, "There Can Be Only One!" (led up to some interesting music by
Queen)

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:

> On Jul 4, 1:55 am, "Default User" > wrote:
> > Dee Dee wrote:
> > > This is the first show of its kind that I'm not attached to any
> > > of the people. I'm sorry to say that not one is interesting to
> > > me - only Ramsay -- but I blame him for choosing these complete
> > > novices (not only in cooking either).

> > I seriously doubt he's involved with casting.
> >
> > Brian
> >

> Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
> these morons!
> DeeDee

One can hardly blame him. The quality of cooks that he's got this
season is miserable.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee wrote:
> On Jul 4, 1:55 am, "Default User" > wrote:
>> Dee Dee wrote:
>>> This is the first show of its kind that I'm not attached to any of
>>> the people. I'm sorry to say that not one is interesting to me -
>>> only Ramsay -- but I blame him for choosing these complete novices
>>> (not only in cooking either).

>> I seriously doubt he's involved with casting.
>>
>> Brian
>>

> Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
> these morons!
> DeeDee

He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his thing!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> Dee Dee wrote:

> novices >>> (not only in cooking either).
> > >
> >> I seriously doubt he's involved with casting.
> > >
> >> Brian
> > >

> > Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
> > these morons!
> > DeeDee

> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> thing!

It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Dee Dee wrote:

>> novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

>>> Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
>>> these morons!
>>> DeeDee

>> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
>> thing!

> It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the kitchen is
so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up to the service line
and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay tolerates it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> >> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> >> thing!

> > It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the
> kitchen is so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up
> to the service line and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay
> tolerates it.

I didn't speak clearly enough..lol..I meant the contestants seem worse
than usual. And I finally just watched this week's ep. Melissa must
die.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 4, 4:04 am, "ravenlynne" > wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
> > Dee Dee wrote:

> > novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

> > > Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
> > > these morons!
> > > DeeDee

> > He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> > thing!

> It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.
>
> --
> -Gina in Italy
>
> Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy- Hide quoted text -

It's definitely a lot worse. This week was the first time they
actually finished a service. They're down to the cream of the crop
now, if you can even call it that. Again, I'm not expert but I can't
see any of these guys running a resort's kitchen. Maybe if Rock had
surgery and removed all the sweat glands from his head...

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:

> ravenlynne wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> >> thing!

> > It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the
> kitchen is so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up
> to the service line and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay
> tolerates it.

Almost like they planned to have the occasional customer try to speak
to Ramsay and get yelled at in turn.

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 4, 9:43 am, "jmcquown" > wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >> novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

> >> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> >> thing!

> > It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the kitchen is
> so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up to the service line
> and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay tolerates it.

Actually I would love to go to a restaurant like this, so I can see
how they are making my food. Some people just want to order their
food and get it.. but that's not me, I'd like to sit and watch them
make it, see how it's done, see how clean it is back there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Actually I would love to go to a restaurant like this, so I can see
> how they are making my food. Some people just want to order their
> food and get it.. but that's not me, I'd like to sit and watch them
> make it, see how it's done, see how clean it is back there.

I have a saying that applies to my opinion on this:

Look not through a keyhole, lest ye be vexed.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 4, 2:14 pm, "ravenlynne" > wrote:
> > Actually I would love to go to a restaurant like this, so I can see
> > how they are making my food. Some people just want to order their
> > food and get it.. but that's not me, I'd like to sit and watch them
> > make it, see how it's done, see how clean it is back there.

> I have a saying that applies to my opinion on this:
>
> Look not through a keyhole, lest ye be vexed.
>
> --
> -Gina in Italy
>
> Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

Haha.. in otherwords, ignorance is bliss?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ebrian wrote:

> On Jul 4, 2:14 pm, "ravenlynne" > wrote:
> > > Actually I would love to go to a restaurant like this, so I can
> > > see how they are making my food. Some people just want to order
> > > their food and get it.. but that's not me, I'd like to sit and
> > > watch them make it, see how it's done, see how clean it is back
> > > there.

> > I have a saying that applies to my opinion on this:
> >
> > Look not through a keyhole, lest ye be vexed.
> >
> > --
> > -Gina in Italy
> >
> > Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

> Haha.. in otherwords, ignorance is bliss?

Precisely

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

ebrian wrote:

> Actually I would love to go to a restaurant like this, so I can see
> how they are making my food. Some people just want to order their
> food and get it.. but that's not me, I'd like to sit and watch them
> make it, see how it's done, see how clean it is back there.

Steak 'n Shake!

Brian

won't shut up.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

ravenlynne wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Dee Dee wrote:

>> novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

>>> Maybe that's why he's racheted up the yelling decibles. Who cast
>>> these morons!
>>> DeeDee

>> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
>> thing!

> It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

last Monday, I believe it was the first time he DIDN't holler "well, F***
ME!!!"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> ravenlynne wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

>>> He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
>>> thing!

>> It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the
> kitchen is so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up
> to the service line and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay
> tolerates it.

he will address you as Giraffe,,,,, and tell you to go sit down, like he did
a week ago

then the fruity wedding consultant got his feathers singed this week

Posted to rec.food.cooking

mark wrote:

> ravenlynne wrote:
> > jmcquown wrote:

> >>novices >>> (not only in cooking either).

> > > He's always yelled and cussed like that for this show. It's his
> > > thing!

> > It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> last Monday, I believe it was the first time he DIDN't holler "well,
> F*** ME!!!"

He hollared enough other stuff..lol

My favorite part:

Ramsay: Describe your dish Jen.

Jen: It's a duck breast.

--
-Gina in Italy

Favorite phrase of the day: Messiah-envy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

mark wrote:

> jmcquown wrote:
> > ravenlynne wrote:

> > > It seems like it's worse this season, IMO.

> > Funny, I thought he was being a bit tame What gets me is the
> > kitchen is so open to the dining area that a guest can just walk up
> > to the service line and speak to the chef... not that Ramsay
> > tolerates it.

> he will address you as Giraffe,,,,, and tell you to go sit down, like
> he did a week ago
>
> then the fruity wedding consultant got his feathers singed this week

That was hilarious.

Ramsay: No get the F*ck out of the way.

Planner: Well that went well.