Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Banana Bread

I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.

Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
And how different they all are?

I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

My experience with banana bread or banana cake recipes is that there's a
trade-off. The ones the most intense banana flavor tend to be moist,
dense, and pudding-like, not quite making it as a cake. The ones that
have the nicest, richest, cakiest crumb, lack banana. For the best
compromises, I like the recipe in Silver Palate for a banana cake that
succeeds as a cake and is wonderful with cream cheese icing, and I like
the Joy of Cooking recipe for going a little stronger on the bananas. I
give poor marks to the Laurel's Kitchen recipe for being too dense and
not cakey enough.

--Lia

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering

which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5

bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out

there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

=================
I love this recipe for Banana Bread. I have tested many different recipes
and this has always been my favorite. I think it is the sour milk in it
that makes it so good.

My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe

Ingredients

1 Cup White Sugar

½ cup Crisco oil or Canola Oil

2 Eggs

1 Tablespoon Sour Milk (milk with a little vinegar in will do)

½ Teaspoon Salt

1 Teaspoon Baking Soda

3 or 4 Very Ripe Bananas

1 Teaspoon Vanilla

2 Cups Flour

½ Chopped Walnuts (Optional

Directions

Cream the sugar and shortening well. Add the eggs and beat together. Mix
the sour milk and baking soda together and add to egg mixture. Mix well.
Add the salt, mashed bananas and walnuts. Before adding the bananas, mash
them with a potato masher; not a beater. Add the flour and mix only to
moisten; do not beat.

Put batter into a greased loaf pan and let set for 15 minutes before you
bake. Put in a 375 degree oven and bake for about one hour. It will have
a crack down through the middle and be nice and brown when it is done. Test
for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center. If it comes out dry
and clean then it is done. If it comes out with some batter on it let it
bake a little longer. Testing is important, as it is hard to tell when it
is finished baking.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

pfoley wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili

> =================
> I love this recipe for Banana Bread. I have tested many different
> recipes and this has always been my favorite. I think it is the sour
> milk in it that makes it so good.
>
> My Favorite Banana Bread Recipe
>

> Ingredients
>
> 1 Cup White Sugar
>
> ½ cup Crisco oil or Canola Oil
>
> 2 Eggs
>
> 1 Tablespoon Sour Milk (milk with a little vinegar in will do)
>
> ½ Teaspoon Salt
>
> 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
>
> 3 or 4 Very Ripe Bananas
>
> 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
>
> 2 Cups Flour
>
> ½ Chopped Walnuts (Optional
>

> Directions
>
> Cream the sugar and shortening well. Add the eggs and beat together.
> Mix the sour milk and baking soda together and add to egg mixture.
> Mix well. Add the salt, mashed bananas and walnuts. Before adding
> the bananas, mash them with a potato masher; not a beater. Add the
> flour and mix only to moisten; do not beat.
>

> Put batter into a greased loaf pan and let set for 15 minutes before
> you bake. Put in a 375 degree oven and bake for about one hour. It
> will have a crack down through the middle and be nice and brown when
> it is done. Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick in the
> center. If it comes out dry and clean then it is done. If it comes
> out with some batter on it let it bake a little longer. Testing is
> important, as it is hard to tell when it is finished baking.

Thanks for the recipe! I'm going to keep a file called banana bread and log
each and every recipe that comes in. Slowly, I'm going to try them all and
critique them, I swear. This one sounds really moist.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering

which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5

bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out

there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.

I've always had the best luck with recipes that use buttermilk. And I
always use bananas that are so ripe they are more like a sticky goop than a
banana. The skins are completely black. I did this trick over the
holidays: I took some banana liqueur and drizzled a nice half-ounce onto
each loaf. Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap and a couple days later they
were incredibly good. Very moist and full of flavor. OK, maybe it was a
crutch, but it sure tasted good.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message

> "kilikini" > wrote in message
> > I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering

> which
> > recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5

> bunches
> > of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> > wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
> >
> > Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out

> there?
> > And how different they all are?
> >
> > I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.

> I've always had the best luck with recipes that use buttermilk. And I
> always use bananas that are so ripe they are more like a sticky goop than

> banana. The skins are completely black. I did this trick over the
> holidays: I took some banana liqueur and drizzled a nice half-ounce onto
> each loaf. Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap and a couple days later

they
> were incredibly good. Very moist and full of flavor. OK, maybe it was a
> crutch, but it sure tasted good.

One more trick, while the loaves are cooling but still warm, rub them with
some butter and let it melt in. Then sprinkle a touch of powdered sugar
onto them. The sugar will melt but it will form a nice sweet layer on top
that really complements the bread.

Paul

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.

> I've always had the best luck with recipes that use buttermilk. And I
> always use bananas that are so ripe they are more like a sticky goop
> than a banana. The skins are completely black. I did this trick
> over the holidays: I took some banana liqueur and drizzled a nice
> half-ounce onto each loaf. Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap and a
> couple days later they were incredibly good. Very moist and full of
> flavor. OK, maybe it was a crutch, but it sure tasted good.
>
> Paul

LOL, I'll have to remember that! Thanks, Paul. :~)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Paul M. Cook wrote:
> "Paul M. Cook" > wrote in message
>>
>> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find
>>> my mom's recipe.
>>>
>>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>>
>>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>>> please.

>> I've always had the best luck with recipes that use buttermilk. And
>> I always use bananas that are so ripe they are more like a sticky
>> goop than a banana. The skins are completely black. I did this
>> trick over the holidays: I took some banana liqueur and drizzled a
>> nice half-ounce onto each loaf. Then I wrapped them in plastic wrap
>> and a couple days later they were incredibly good. Very moist and
>> full of flavor. OK, maybe it was a crutch, but it sure tasted good.

> One more trick, while the loaves are cooling but still warm, rub
> them with some butter and let it melt in. Then sprinkle a touch of
> powdered sugar onto them. The sugar will melt but it will form a
> nice sweet layer on top that really complements the bread.
>
> Paul

Aha! I've never heard of this one. Sounds like a good tip! Thanks.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:21:01 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:

>I want to hear your favorites

Anyone who submits...will INSIST their's is the best.

Close your eyes and put your finger on a google search. It will be
the best.

Oh....and put those extra bananas in the freezer. They will turn
black but boy, they are good in a month or so after you try all the
recipes that are recommended.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 23:55:32 GMT, "Paul M. Cook"
> wrote:

>One more trick, while the loaves are cooling but still warm, rub them with
>some butter and let it melt in.

My favorite "trick" is to prepare pans but instead of dusting with
flour, dust the pans with granulated sugar. Kind of makes a crispy
crust.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering
> which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5
> bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out
> there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

Here's my family's favorite recipe, adapted from my Better Homes & Gardens
New Cookbook. This makes a very dense, moist bread; topped with some
whipped cream cheese it's heavenly!

Banana Coffee Bread

1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use extra light olive oil)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 or 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup, but a little extra won't
necessitate any recipe adjustments)
1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream oil and sugar until well blended. Add eggs
and beat well. Stir in banana. Sift together dry ingredients and add to
banana mixture; mix well. Spray 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with non-stick spray;
pour in mixture. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until tester inserted in center
comes out clean.

I've also done these in disposable foil mini-pans to give as little holiday
gifts. Bake the mini-pans for about 35 minutes at 325°F.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in message
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering
> which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5
> bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out
> there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

-= Exported from BigOven =-

My Favorite Banana Bread

Recipe By:
Serving Size: 2
Cuisine:
Main Ingredient:
Categories: Family

-= Ingredients =-
1 1/2 c Flour
1/2 ts Baking soda
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1 ts Salt
2 ts Orange rind ; grated
2 Egg
1/4 c Oil
1 c Bananas
1/2 c Milk
1 c Sugar

-= Instructions =-
Sift first 5 ingredients, combine remaining ingredients, stir into dry
mix, bake at 350 for 50 minutes in a greased lined loaf pan. From : Helen
Peagram
Note: Nuts can be added.

** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

--
Helen
in

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Banana Bread

1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (6-8 bananas)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan. In
a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs and
mashed bananas until well blended. Add the flour, baking soda and salt,
and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. Bake in
preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into
center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10
minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 20:13:25 -0400, Ward Abbott >
wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:21:01 -0400, "kilikini"
> wrote:
>
>>I want to hear your favorites

>Anyone who submits...will INSIST their's is the best.
>
>Close your eyes and put your finger on a google search. It will be
>the best.
>

>Oh....and put those extra bananas in the freezer. They will turn
>black but boy, they are good in a month or so after you try all the
>recipes that are recommended.

I'm not kili, nor do I play her on t.v.
That's a great idea Ward. I freeze bananas also and use them frozen
when making smoothies.

Koko
---
---
www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 6/17

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

I know it's not banana bread, but how about some banana ice cream with
some of your find?

We had a baked alaska last night made with banana ice cream that was
really yummy. There were sliced bananas arranged on the plate that were
a bit caramelized too.

I have no recipe to offer on either count, sorry. I think I've used the
recipe in my Betty Crocker cookbook for banana bread most often.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen in NC wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering
>> which
>> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5
>> bunches
>> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
>> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out
>> there?
>> And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili
>>

> Here's my family's favorite recipe, adapted from my Better Homes &
> Gardens New Cookbook. This makes a very dense, moist bread; topped
> with some whipped cream cheese it's heavenly!
>
> Banana Coffee Bread
>
> 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use extra light olive oil)
> 1/2 cup sugar
> 2 eggs
> 2 or 3 ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 1 cup, but a little extra
> won't necessitate any recipe adjustments)
> 1 1/4 cups sifted all-purpose flour
> 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
>
> Preheat oven to 325°F. Cream oil and sugar until well blended. Add
> eggs and beat well. Stir in banana. Sift together dry ingredients
> and add to banana mixture; mix well. Spray 9"x5"x3" loaf pan with
> non-stick spray; pour in mixture. Bake 40-50 minutes, or until
> tester inserted in center comes out clean.
>
> I've also done these in disposable foil mini-pans to give as little
> holiday gifts. Bake the mini-pans for about 35 minutes at 325°F.

Thanks, Karen!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca wrote:
> Banana Bread
>
> 1/2 cup butter
> 3/4 cup brown sugar
> 2 eggs, beaten
> 2 1/3 cups mashed bananas (6-8 bananas)
> 2 cups flour
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
>
> Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
> In a large bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar. Stir in eggs
> and mashed bananas until well blended. Add the flour, baking soda and
> salt, and stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
> Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, until a toothpick
> inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in
> pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.

Thanks, Becca!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
> "kilikini" > wrote in message
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering
>> which
>> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5
>> bunches
>> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
>> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out
>> there?
>> And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili
>>

> -= Exported from BigOven =-
>
> My Favorite Banana Bread
>
> Recipe By:
> Serving Size: 2
> Cuisine:
> Main Ingredient:
> Categories: Family
>
> -= Ingredients =-
> 1 1/2 c Flour
> 1/2 ts Baking soda
> 1 1/2 ts Baking powder
> 1 ts Salt
> 2 ts Orange rind ; grated
> 2 Egg
> 1/4 c Oil
> 1 c Bananas
> 1/2 c Milk
> 1 c Sugar
>
> -= Instructions =-
> Sift first 5 ingredients, combine remaining ingredients, stir into
> dry mix, bake at 350 for 50 minutes in a greased lined loaf pan. From
> : Helen Peagram
> Note: Nuts can be added.
>
> ** This recipe can be pasted into BigOven without retyping. **
> ** Easy recipe software. Try it free at: http://www.bigoven.com **

Thanks, Mom!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:40:39 -0700, Koko magnanimously proffered:

>>Oh....and put those extra bananas in the freezer. They will turn
>>black but boy, they are good in a month or so after you try all the
>>recipes that are recommended.

>I'm not kili, nor do I play her on t.v.
>That's a great idea Ward. I freeze bananas also and use them frozen
>when making smoothies.
>
>Koko

Freeze bananas with their skins removed and they won't turn black
unless they're super ripe.

I opened the first smoothie & juice bar in New Zealand in 1975
(Sunshine Juicebar in Gisborne) and the core ingredients for the
smoothies were bananas, milk and honey.

My partner would go down to the markets and buy the bananas nobody
else wanted and we'd skin them, put them in tupperware-type boxes
and/or ziplock bags and freeze. Then we'd take out a few dozen at a
time and let them thaw a little - just enough for the outside to
become soft - and use them to make smoothies.

That was when milk was around 4 cents a bottle and was real milk and
not reconstituted crap we get today.

To the basic milk, banana & honey, I'd add real vanilla extract or
carob powder or fruit, etc for flavouring. Our top of the line
Smoothie was the "Sunshine Superman" which had two raw eggs, protein
powder, yeast, flavouring ... with instant coffee optional. You'd be
surprised how well it sold to people doing hard physical work and
surfers.

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kili wrote:

> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.

James Beard's Banana Bread 1 loaf

2 c. sifted all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 c. butter
1 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
1/2 c. milk
1 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
1/2 c. chopped nuts

Sift first three ingredients together. Cream the butter and
gradually
add the sugar. Mix well. Add eggs one at a time, then bananas and
mix
thoroughly. Combine milk and lemon juice which will curdle a bit.

Slowly and alternately fold in the flour and milk mixtures, beginning
and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix well after each addition.
Stir int he nuts, then pour the batter into a lavishly buttered 9x5
inch
pan and bake in a preheated 350deg. oven for one hour or until the
brad
springs back when lightly touched in the center.

This is the second recipe for banana bread in his "Beard on Bread"
cookbook and he comments "This is another banana bread which I find
lighter and perhaps more flavorful than the previous one, although
both
are extremely interesting breads."

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

gloriap wrote:
> Kili wrote:
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.

> James Beard's Banana Bread 1 loaf
>
> 2 c. sifted all purpose flour
> 1 tsp. baking soda
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1/2 c. butter
> 1 c. granulated sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1 cup mashed very ripe bananas (about 2)
> 1/2 c. milk
> 1 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar
> 1/2 c. chopped nuts
>
> Sift first three ingredients together. Cream the butter and
> gradually
> add the sugar. Mix well. Add eggs one at a time, then bananas and
> mix
> thoroughly. Combine milk and lemon juice which will curdle a bit.
>
> Slowly and alternately fold in the flour and milk mixtures, beginning
> and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix well after each addition.
> Stir int he nuts, then pour the batter into a lavishly buttered 9x5
> inch
> pan and bake in a preheated 350deg. oven for one hour or until the
> brad
> springs back when lightly touched in the center.
>
> This is the second recipe for banana bread in his "Beard on Bread"
> cookbook and he comments "This is another banana bread which I find
> lighter and perhaps more flavorful than the previous one, although
> both
> are extremely interesting breads."
>
> gloria p

Thanks, gloria, I appreciate it!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

This is my daughter's recipe. It's moist and delicious - and easy. I
ate some for breakfast this morning - with strawberry cream cheese on it.

Susan’s Banana Bread

2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 to 3 large ripe bananas
2 eggs

Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
Cream together sugar and butter with mixer in larger bowl. Break
bananas into chunks. Add to sugar and butter. Mix. Add eggs. Beat.
Mix in dry ingredients, to a batter consistency and pour into buttered
(or Pam sprayed) 9x5" loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.

This is my Mom's recipe and a family favorite.

Banana Cake

2 cups flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
2 ripe bananas, sliced
2 eggs
1/2 cup chopped nuts

In large bowl, combine all ingredients except nuts. Blend at low speed
until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl
occasionally. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 13x9" pan, greased on
the bottom only. Bake at 350F for 30 - 35 minutes or until top springs
back when lightly touched in center. Frost when cool with frosting of
your choice.

Hope you enjoy these recipes. Rusty from MD
Posted to rec.food.cooking

This is my all-time favorite, kili. It's quick and I've made it many
times.

Dora

* Exported from MasterCook *

Banana Nut Bread with Raisins

Recipe By ora

3 large bananas, very ripe
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup pecans or walnuts
1/2 cup raisins or currants

Heat the oven to 325ºF. Butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Purée the bananas
in a food processor. Add the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla and pulse
just until blended. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg. Pulse
just until combined. Add the walnuts and pulse until chopped. Stir in
the raisins.

Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick
inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes. Remove the
bread from the pan and cool.

Source:
"Forgotten - long ago"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty > wrote in news:_
:

>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,

please.

>> kili

Banana Bread-(from Nigella Lawson's Domestic Goddess cookbook)

100g sultanas
75ml bourbon or dark rum
175g plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
half teaspoon salt
125g unsalted butter, melted
150g sugar
2 large eggs
4 small, very ripe bananas (about 300g weighed without skin), mashed
60g chopped walnuts
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

23 x 13 x 7cm loaf tin, buttered and floured or with a paper insert

Put the sultanas and rum or bourbon in a smallish saucepan and bring
to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and leave for an hour if you
can, or until the sultanas have absorbed most of the liquid, then drain.

Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3 and get started on the rest. Put the
flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a medium-sized bowl and, using
your hands or a wooden spoon, combine well. In a large bowl, mix the
melted butter and sugar and beat until blended.

Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the mashed bananas. Then, with your
wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla extract.
Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well after each bit.

Scrape into the loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 to 1
and a quarter hours. When it's ready, an inserted toothpick or fine
skewer should come out cleanish. Leave in the tin on a rack to cool, and
eat thickly or thinly sliced, as you prefer.

Makes 8-10 slices

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

limey wrote:
> This is my all-time favorite, kili. It's quick and I've made it many
> times.
>
> Dora
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Banana Nut Bread with Raisins
>
> Recipe By ora
>
> 3 large bananas, very ripe
> 1/2 cup brown sugar
> 2 eggs
> 1/2 cup oil
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1 1/2 cups flour
> 3/4 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
> 1 cup pecans or walnuts
> 1/2 cup raisins or currants
>
> Heat the oven to 325ºF. Butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan. Purée the bananas
> in a food processor. Add the sugar, eggs, oil and vanilla and pulse
> just until blended. Add the flour, salt, baking soda and nutmeg.
> Pulse just until combined. Add the walnuts and pulse until chopped.
> Stir in the raisins.
>
> Pour the batter into the pan and smooth the top. Bake until a
> toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 70 minutes.
> Remove the bread from the pan and cool.
>
> Source:
> "Forgotten - long ago"

Saved! Thanks, Dora!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rusty wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili
>>

> This is my daughter's recipe. It's moist and delicious - and easy. I
> ate some for breakfast this morning - with strawberry cream cheese on
> it.
>
> Susan’s Banana Bread
>
> 2 cups flour
> 1 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/4 teaspoon salt
> 1 cup sugar
> 1/2 cup butter, softened
> 2 to 3 large ripe bananas
> 2 eggs
>
> Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flour, baking soda and salt in small
> bowl. Cream together sugar and butter with mixer in larger bowl.
> Break bananas into chunks. Add to sugar and butter. Mix. Add eggs.
> Beat. Mix in dry ingredients, to a batter consistency and pour into
> buttered (or Pam sprayed) 9x5" loaf pan. Bake at 350F for 1 hour.
>

> This is my Mom's recipe and a family favorite.
>
> Banana Cake
>
> 2 cups flour
> 1 1/2 cups sugar
> 1 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
> 1 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/2 cup butter
> 1/3 cup buttermilk or sour milk
> 2 ripe bananas, sliced
> 2 eggs
> 1/2 cup chopped nuts
>
> In large bowl, combine all ingredients except nuts. Blend at low
> speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed, scraping bowl
> occasionally. Stir in nuts. Pour batter into a 13x9" pan, greased on
> the bottom only. Bake at 350F for 30 - 35 minutes or until top
> springs back when lightly touched in center. Frost when cool with
> frosting of your choice.
>

> Hope you enjoy these recipes. Rusty from MD

Thanks, Rusty! Banana cake with cream cheese frosting is one of my
favorites and my mom's banana cake recipe is another I've lost over the
years. I appreciate it!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus wrote:
> Rusty > wrote in news:_
> :
>

>>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>>> please.
>>>
>>> kili
>>>

> Banana Bread-(from Nigella Lawson's Domestic Goddess cookbook)
>
> 100g sultanas
> 75ml bourbon or dark rum
> 175g plain flour
> 2 teaspoons baking powder
> half teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
> half teaspoon salt
> 125g unsalted butter, melted
> 150g sugar
> 2 large eggs
> 4 small, very ripe bananas (about 300g weighed without skin), mashed
> 60g chopped walnuts
> 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
>
> 23 x 13 x 7cm loaf tin, buttered and floured or with a paper insert
>
> Put the sultanas and rum or bourbon in a smallish saucepan and bring
> to the boil. Remove from the heat, cover and leave for an hour if you
> can, or until the sultanas have absorbed most of the liquid, then
> drain.
>
> Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas mark 3 and get started on the rest. Put
> the flour, baking powder, bicarb and salt in a medium-sized bowl and,
> using your hands or a wooden spoon, combine well. In a large bowl,
> mix the melted butter and sugar and beat until blended.
>
> Beat in the eggs one at a time, then the mashed bananas. Then, with
> your wooden spoon, stir in the walnuts, drained sultanas and vanilla
> extract. Add the flour mixture, a third at a time, stirring well
> after each bit.
>
> Scrape into the loaf tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 1 to 1
> and a quarter hours. When it's ready, an inserted toothpick or fine
> skewer should come out cleanish. Leave in the tin on a rack to cool,
> and eat thickly or thinly sliced, as you prefer.
>
> Makes 8-10 slices

Oooooooh, anything with bourbon in it has GOT to be good! Thank you so very
much my dear friend. (I have a feeling I'll be trying all of these recipes
over the next year and deciding which one is *my* personal favorite!)

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

I also like the James Beard recipe that was already posted. This one
is my current favorite. I decided to change things up a bit one
recent time I made it and it was very popular with those who ate it:
I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead of nuts.

Banana Tea Bread
Craig Claiborne, The New York Times Cookbook
Makes 1 loaf

1 ¾ cups sifted flour
2 tsp. baking powder
¼ tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
1/3 cup shortening
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs, well beaten
1 cup mashed bananas (2-3)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.

Cream the shortening, add the sugar gradually and continue working
until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour
mixture alternately with the bananas, a small amount at a time,
beating after each addition until smooth.

Turn into a well-greased bread pan (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 3 inches) and bake
about 1 hour and 10 minutes.

VARIATIONS:
For raisin, nut or date banana bread, add 1 cup seedless raisins, ½
cup coarsely broken nut meats, or 1 cup finely chopped dates to the
batter.

pat

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cryambers wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili

> I also like the James Beard recipe that was already posted. This one
> is my current favorite. I decided to change things up a bit one
> recent time I made it and it was very popular with those who ate it:
> I added 1/2 cup chocolate chips instead of nuts.
>
> Banana Tea Bread
> Craig Claiborne, The New York Times Cookbook
> Makes 1 loaf
>
> 1 ¾ cups sifted flour
> 2 tsp. baking powder
> ¼ tsp. baking soda
> ½ tsp. salt
> 1/3 cup shortening
> 2/3 cup sugar
> 2 eggs, well beaten
> 1 cup mashed bananas (2-3)
>
> Preheat oven to 350 F.
>
> Sift together flour, baking powder, soda, and salt.
>
> Cream the shortening, add the sugar gradually and continue working
> until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and beat well. Add the flour
> mixture alternately with the bananas, a small amount at a time,
> beating after each addition until smooth.
>
> Turn into a well-greased bread pan (8 1/2 X 4 1/2 X 3 inches) and bake
> about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
>
> VARIATIONS:
> For raisin, nut or date banana bread, add 1 cup seedless raisins, ½
> cup coarsely broken nut meats, or 1 cup finely chopped dates to the
> batter.
>
> pat

Thanks, another one for the recipe file!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Banana Bread

Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Quick Breads

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
1/2 cup butter softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup sour cream
3 small or 2 large overripe (just this side of
fruit flies!) bananas
2 eggs
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

In food processor bowl, process butter, sugar, sour cream, bananas, and
eggs until well mixed (maybe a minute? 15 seconds?), stopping once or
so to scrape down mixture from side of workbowl. Dump flour, soda, and
nuts, if using, on top and pulse-process 5-8 times to incorporate into
mixture. Pour into a 9x5x3² greased loaf pan and bake till done (about
50-60 minutes) at 350 degrees, or use two smaller loaf pans, about
5x7x2-1/2² and bake 45-55 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center of
loaf should come out clean (or almost). Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes then
remove from pan(s) and finish cooling on cooling rack.

‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: Source: Adapted from a recipe in the Minneapolis Tribune, 19xx.

_____

--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini > wrote:
>I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
>recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?

Mom's.

--Blair
"Wish she was still around."
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Blair P. Houghton said...

> kilikini > wrote:
>>I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
>>recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?

That sounds like some hellish banana bread leftovers.

While we're here can I get us some pumpkin pie?

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 30, 6:21 pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

I alternate between Fanny Farmer's recipe which has no oil, but 3
bananas and
is very moist, and Joy of cooking's. I find both make good muffins
that are moist
and have a nice crumb. I generally add cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice,
and ginger
to banana bread since my husband likes everything, and my daughter
likes spice
bread but not bananas.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >,
> "kilikini" > wrote:
>
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili

> { Exported from MasterCook Mac }
>
> Banana Bread
>
> Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007
> Serving Size: 1
> Preparation Time: 0:00
> Categories: Quick Breads
>
> Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
> 1/2 cup butter softened
> 1 cup sugar
> 1/4 cup sour cream
> 3 small or 2 large overripe (just this side of
> fruit flies!) bananas
> 2 eggs
> 2 cups flour
> 1 tsp. baking soda
> 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
>
> In food processor bowl, process butter, sugar, sour cream, bananas,
> and eggs until well mixed (maybe a minute? 15 seconds?), stopping
> once or so to scrape down mixture from side of workbowl. Dump flour,
> soda, and nuts, if using, on top and pulse-process 5-8 times to
> incorporate into mixture. Pour into a 9x5x3² greased loaf pan and
> bake till done (about 50-60 minutes) at 350 degrees, or use two
> smaller loaf pans, about 5x7x2-1/2² and bake 45-55 minutes.
> Toothpick inserted into center of loaf should come out clean (or
> almost). Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes then remove from pan(s) and
> finish cooling on cooling rack.
>
> <<<<<
> Notes: Source: Adapted from a recipe in the Minneapolis Tribune,
> 19xx.
>
> _____

Sour cream, that's interesting! Thanks, Barb. Recipe saved.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 30, 6:21 pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.
>
> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> And how different they all are?
>
> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.
>
> kili

Ok, I just read your other post that you want to see them here<g>.
Normally, I would type it in,
but DH now has 2 bikes working, so we went out today, and of course I
spilled and while I
broke nothing, got some nice bruises, including the back of my hand,
so typing is not fun.

Banana (Nut) Bread
Fanny Farmer Cookbook
3 ripe bananas, well mashed
2 eggs, well beaten
2 cups (280 g) flour (white or whole wheat or both)
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
3/4 cup (145 g) sugar (can use light brown sugar for all or part of
it)
1/2 cup (1dL) coarsely chopped walnuts (optional, replaceable with
whatever strikes your fancy, or - more commonly - whatever's in the
house)

Preheat oven to 350F / 180C / mark 4. Grease a loaf pan (or it will
bake faster in a low, broad pan). Mix the bananas and eggs together in
a large bowl. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add the
walnuts and mix. Put the batter in the pan and bake for 1 hour, or
until the cake springs back when you touch it.

I use a 9x13 pan, and bake 35 minutes. Also add 1 to 2 teaspoons
cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg and white
pepper.
In muffin tins, makes a dozen baked 20 minutes.

Have fun!
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jul 1, 7:12 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> "kilikini" > wrote:
> > I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering which
> > recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite? We picked up 5 bunches
> > of over-ripe bananas today at the produce market for $.75 total. I'm
> > wanting banana bread and I can't find my mom's recipe.

> > Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are out there?
> > And how different they all are?

> > I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on, please.

> > kili

> { Exported from MasterCook Mac }
>
> Banana Bread
>
> Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007
> Serving Size: 1
> Preparation Time: 0:00
> Categories: Quick Breads
>
> Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
> 1/2 cup butter softened
> 1 cup sugar
> 1/4 cup sour cream
> 3 small or 2 large overripe (just this side of
> fruit flies!) bananas
> 2 eggs
> 2 cups flour
> 1 tsp. baking soda
> 1 cup chopped nuts (optional)
>
> In food processor bowl, process butter, sugar, sour cream, bananas, and
> eggs until well mixed (maybe a minute? 15 seconds?), stopping once or
> so to scrape down mixture from side of workbowl. Dump flour, soda, and
> nuts, if using, on top and pulse-process 5-8 times to incorporate into
> mixture. Pour into a 9x5x3² greased loaf pan and bake till done (about
> 50-60 minutes) at 350 degrees, or use two smaller loaf pans, about
> 5x7x2-1/2² and bake 45-55 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center of
> loaf should come out clean (or almost). Cool in pan(s) 10 minutes then
> remove from pan(s) and finish cooling on cooling rack.
>
> €¹€¹€¹€¹€¹
> Notes: Source: Adapted from a recipe in the Minneapolis Tribune, 19xx.
>
> _____
>
> --
> -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJhttp://www.jamlady.eboard.com- story and
> pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

That sounds like a damned good banana bread. I'll have to try it.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri wrote:
> On Jun 30, 6:21 pm, "kilikini" > wrote:
>> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was
>> wondering which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?
>> We picked up 5 bunches of over-ripe bananas today at the produce
>> market for $.75 total. I'm wanting banana bread and I can't find my
>> mom's recipe.
>>
>> Yes, I did the Google. Do you have ANY idea how many recipes are
>> out there? And how different they all are?
>>
>> I want to hear your favorites. No holds barred. Bring them on,
>> please.
>>
>> kili

> Ok, I just read your other post that you want to see them here<g>.
> Normally, I would type it in,
> but DH now has 2 bikes working, so we went out today, and of course I
> spilled and while I
> broke nothing, got some nice bruises, including the back of my hand,
> so typing is not fun.
>
> Banana (Nut) Bread
> Fanny Farmer Cookbook
> 3 ripe bananas, well mashed
> 2 eggs, well beaten
> 2 cups (280 g) flour (white or whole wheat or both)
> 1 teaspoon salt
> 1 teaspoon baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)
> 3/4 cup (145 g) sugar (can use light brown sugar for all or part of
> it)
> 1/2 cup (1dL) coarsely chopped walnuts (optional, replaceable with
> whatever strikes your fancy, or - more commonly - whatever's in the
> house)
>
> Preheat oven to 350F / 180C / mark 4. Grease a loaf pan (or it will
> bake faster in a low, broad pan). Mix the bananas and eggs together in
> a large bowl. Stir in the flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Add the
> walnuts and mix. Put the batter in the pan and bake for 1 hour, or
> until the cake springs back when you touch it.
>
> I use a 9x13 pan, and bake 35 minutes. Also add 1 to 2 teaspoons
> cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/4 teaspoon each nutmeg and white
> pepper.
> In muffin tins, makes a dozen baked 20 minutes.
>
> Have fun!
> maxine in ri

Thanks, Maxine and I hope your hand feels better soon, you poor thing!

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"kilikini" > wrote in
:

> I'm sure this has been covered 100 million times, but I was wondering
> which recipe for banana bread was your absolute favorite?

We do "Banana Banana Bread" by Shelley Albeluhn:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-...ad/Detail.aspx
or
http://www.recipezaar.com/25885

It's very, very good

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
maxine in ri > wrote:

> On Jul 1, 7:12 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > Banana Bread
> >
> > Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007

> That sounds like a damned good banana bread. I'll have to try it.
>
> maxine in ri

Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine. The trick is
having really ripe bananas.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"kilikini" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> > Banana Bread
> >
> > Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007
> > Serving Size: 1
> > Preparation Time: 0:00
> > Categories: Quick Breads
> >
> > Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
> > 1/2 cup butter softened
> > 1 cup sugar
> > 1/4 cup sour cream

(snipped)

> Sour cream, that's interesting! Thanks, Barb. Recipe saved.
>
> kili

Yogurt is fine, too. And I don't really measure the sour cream -- just
a big glop from a spoon -- about 1/4 cup. :-)
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007

REC Banana Bread Doug Freyburger General Cooking 1 24-04-2010 03:34 AM
REC Banana Bread pavane[_3_] General Cooking 0 23-04-2010 09:34 PM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 10:22 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 01:02 AM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 02:27 AM