Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Banana Bread

On Jul 2, 1:25 am, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> In article .com>,
> maxine in ri > wrote:
>
> > On Jul 1, 7:12 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> > > Banana Bread

> > > Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007

> > That sounds like a damned good banana bread. I'll have to try it.

> > maxine in ri

> Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
> It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine. The trick is
> having really ripe bananas.

I guess I'll have to get a really big bunch this time. I like them
just this side of green, he likes them when they get spotty, and so we
rarely have good banana bread bananas. <g>

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article .com>,
> maxine in ri > wrote:
>

>>On Jul 1, 7:12 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

>>>Banana Bread
>>>
>>>Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to r.f.cooking 7-1-2007

>>That sounds like a damned good banana bread. I'll have to try it.
>>
>>maxine in ri

> Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
> It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine. The trick is
> having really ripe bananas.

Here's a trick I learned from a friend in Washington State. Bananas
start getting spotted and brown? toss them in the freezer for a few days
or until you have enough to make banana bread. They will turn totally
black and, when thawed, will make excellent bread. You might have to
reduce the yeast added to a yeast banana bread by one-fourth as the very
over-ripe bananas will make the bread rise greatly.

George

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
maxine in ri > wrote:

> On Jul 2, 1:25 am, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:
> > In article .com>,
> > maxine in ri > wrote:
> >
> > > On Jul 1, 7:12 pm, Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> > It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine.
> > The trick is having really ripe bananas.

> I guess I'll have to get a really big bunch this time. I like them
> just this side of green, he likes them when they get spotty, and so we
> rarely have good banana bread bananas. <g>
>
> maxine in ri

Ask the produce guy if he's got any in the back room that he'll sell you
cheap. Too ripe for general sale.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
George Shirley > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article .com>,
> > Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
> > It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine.
> > The trick is having really ripe bananas.

> Here's a trick I learned from a friend in Washington State. Bananas
> start getting spotted and brown? toss them in the freezer for a few days
> or until you have enough to make banana bread. They will turn totally
> black and, when thawed, will make excellent bread. You might have to
> reduce the yeast added to a yeast banana bread by one-fourth as the very
> over-ripe bananas will make the bread rise greatly.
>
> George

They'll turn black but how does freezing them ripen them further? And I
can see them being soft when thawed, but riper? ???
(Another day in Paradise here, Jorge. )
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://www.jamlady.eboard.com - story and
pics of Ronald McDonald House dinner posted 6-24-2007
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Melba's Jammin' wrote:

> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>

>>Melba's Jammin' wrote:
>>
>>>In article .com>,
>>>Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
>>>It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine.
>>>The trick is having really ripe bananas.

>>Here's a trick I learned from a friend in Washington State. Bananas
>>start getting spotted and brown? toss them in the freezer for a few days
>>or until you have enough to make banana bread. They will turn totally
>>black and, when thawed, will make excellent bread. You might have to
>>reduce the yeast added to a yeast banana bread by one-fourth as the very
>>over-ripe bananas will make the bread rise greatly.
>>
>>George

> They'll turn black but how does freezing them ripen them further? And I
> can see them being soft when thawed, but riper? ???
> (Another day in Paradise here, Jorge. )

By the time they thaw out for baking in bread they're over-ripe. Tell me
about Paradise in Minnehaha in December. B-}

George

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Melba's Jammin' > wrote:

> In article >,
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
> > Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > > In article .com>,
> > > Many years back it won a blue ribbon at the MN State Fair. :-)
> > > It's mighty easy to put together in the food processor, Maxine.
> > > The trick is having really ripe bananas.

> > Here's a trick I learned from a friend in Washington State. Bananas
> > start getting spotted and brown? toss them in the freezer for a few days
> > or until you have enough to make banana bread. They will turn totally
> > black and, when thawed, will make excellent bread. You might have to
> > reduce the yeast added to a yeast banana bread by one-fourth as the very
> > over-ripe bananas will make the bread rise greatly.
> >
> > George

> They'll turn black but how does freezing them ripen them further? And I
> can see them being soft when thawed, but riper? ???
> (Another day in Paradise here, Jorge. )

Freezing them just preserves them until you have enough to make bread.
:-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

REC Banana Bread Doug Freyburger General Cooking 1 24-04-2010 03:34 AM
REC Banana Bread pavane[_3_] General Cooking 0 23-04-2010 09:34 PM
Banana Nut Bread Lee[_17_] Baking 2 28-01-2010 10:22 PM
Banana Bread Eleanor Creighton Recipes (moderated) 0 23-02-2007 01:02 AM
Banana Bread [email protected] Recipes (moderated) 0 05-02-2004 02:27 AM