Posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

Default 20th Anniversary Breakfast

Was..........

Fresh Java
Fruit Medley w/Whipped Cream (Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Raspberries &
Grapes)
Hot Sausage Roll (Secret family recipe:-)

All delivered/served to the lovely bride whilst in bed with freshly plumped
pillows!

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW said...

> Was..........
>
> Fresh Java
> Fruit Medley w/Whipped Cream (Cantaloupe, Strawberries, Raspberries &
> Grapes)
> Hot Sausage Roll (Secret family recipe:-)
>
> All delivered/served to the lovely bride whilst in bed with freshly

plumped
> pillows!
>
> KW

Happy 20th!

Another good day for grapes here. 90s + high humidity.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW wrote:

> Was..........
>
> Fresh Java Fruit Medley w/Whipped Cream (Cantaloupe, Strawberries,
> Raspberries & Grapes) Hot Sausage Roll (Secret family recipe:-)
>
> All delivered/served to the lovely bride whilst in bed with freshly
> plumped pillows!
>
> KW

Happy 20th Anniversary! You made a delicious breakfast. Now cough up
that recipe for Hot Sausage Roll. There are no secret recipes here. ;-)

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

"Becca" > wrote in message
> KW wrote:
>
> > Was..........
> >
> > Fresh Java Fruit Medley w/Whipped Cream (Cantaloupe, Strawberries,
> > Raspberries & Grapes) Hot Sausage Roll (Secret family recipe:-)
> >
> > All delivered/served to the lovely bride whilst in bed with freshly
> > plumped pillows!
> >
> > KW

> Happy 20th Anniversary! You made a delicious breakfast. Now cough up
> that recipe for Hot Sausage Roll. There are no secret recipes here. ;-)
>
> Becca

Owwww....Oowwwwwww Oooouchhhhhh!!!! OK OK quit twisting my arm....sheesh
it's not like it's a fancy recipe or anything... pretty basic
sausage/biscuit recipe when you get right down to it.

2 cups of self-rising flour
1/4 cup of shortening
2/3 cup of milk (little more/little less)
1lb Breakfast Sausage (We like it hot!!!)

Preheat oven to 475F
Take your basic Biscuit recipe
Roll dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness in a rectangle roughly 8 inches wide
by however long it goes (usually ~ 14-18")
Warm 1lb of breakfast sausage in the microwave on low power (I use 4 on a
scale from 1 to 10) at 45 second intervals, stirring thoroughly between each
round until the sausage is warm through and very pliable, but not cooked.
Spread a thin layer of the sausage over all the biscuit dough
Roll up along the longer side just like you would when making a jelly-roll
to wind up with a roll ~3" thick and 14-18" long)
Slice across the roll at 3/4 to 1" thickness, and place flat on ungreased
baking sheet

Bake at 475F for 12-14 minutes and serve (2 of the members of my family
top'em with Grape Jelly.... the freaks:-)

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

What a guy- you sound like a keeper !

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW wrote:

> "Becca" > wrote in message
>
>>KW wrote:
>>

>>>Was..........
>>>
>>>Fresh Java Fruit Medley w/Whipped Cream (Cantaloupe, Strawberries,
>>>Raspberries & Grapes) Hot Sausage Roll (Secret family recipe:-)
>>>
>>>All delivered/served to the lovely bride whilst in bed with freshly
>>>plumped pillows!
>>>
>>>KW

>>Happy 20th Anniversary! You made a delicious breakfast. Now cough up
>>that recipe for Hot Sausage Roll. There are no secret recipes here. ;-)
>>
>>Becca

> Owwww....Oowwwwwww Oooouchhhhhh!!!! OK OK quit twisting my arm....sheesh
> it's not like it's a fancy recipe or anything... pretty basic
> sausage/biscuit recipe when you get right down to it.
>

> 2 cups of self-rising flour
> 1/4 cup of shortening
> 2/3 cup of milk (little more/little less)
> 1lb Breakfast Sausage (We like it hot!!!)
>
> Preheat oven to 475F
> Take your basic Biscuit recipe
> Roll dough out to a 1/4 inch thickness in a rectangle roughly 8 inches wide
> by however long it goes (usually ~ 14-18")
> Warm 1lb of breakfast sausage in the microwave on low power (I use 4 on a
> scale from 1 to 10) at 45 second intervals, stirring thoroughly between each
> round until the sausage is warm through and very pliable, but not cooked.
> Spread a thin layer of the sausage over all the biscuit dough
> Roll up along the longer side just like you would when making a jelly-roll
> to wind up with a roll ~3" thick and 14-18" long)
> Slice across the roll at 3/4 to 1" thickness, and place flat on ungreased
> baking sheet
>
> Bake at 475F for 12-14 minutes and serve (2 of the members of my family
> top'em with Grape Jelly.... the freaks:-)
>
> KW

Your recipe sounds great, thanks! Now that wasn't so hard, was it? <g>

Becca