Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default FlavorWave, anyone?

I got caught up in an infomercial about the FlavorWave oven. It seems to be
especially good for people who forgot to thaw their meat in time to start
cooking dinner. As with any good infomercial, the food looked yummy and the
'cooks' were terribly excited, but I wondered...

Anyone out there tried this appliance? A check of epinions.com showed that
there were 17 people who have posted reviews; 12 were four- or five-star
ratings, and one three-star rating (the author said that the cooking time
wasn't reduced as much as promised). There were also four one-star reviews,
all of which mentioned that the oven didn't last very long and getting a
company replacement (or even good customer service) was a nightmare.

So, have you, or someone you know, tried this oven? If a person doesn't get
a Lemon, is it a good product?

~~ Shelly ~~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:30:41 -0500, Steve Wertz
> wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:05:27 -0700, ~~ Shelly ~~ wrote:
>
>> So, have you, or someone you know, tried this oven? If a person doesn't get
>> a Lemon, is it a good product?

>You have to keep in mind that these things aren't reviewed by
>people that are very good cooks. Otherwise they wouldn't be
>buying one in the first place. Most of them are just astounded by
>the fact that it cooks, period.

Are these things sold on TV?
http://tinyurl.com/2opeed

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 06:05:27 -0700, ~~ Shelly ~~ wrote:
>
>> So, have you, or someone you know, tried this oven? If a person doesn't
>> get
>> a Lemon, is it a good product?

> You have to keep in mind that these things aren't reviewed by
> people that are very good cooks. Otherwise they wouldn't be
> buying one in the first place. Most of them are just astounded by
> the fact that it cooks, period.
>
> -sw

My crystal ball sees the following:

1) By third use, container is scratched, never seems clean, makes food look
unappetizing.

2) After tenth use, placed in basement where it collects cobwebs for two
years.

3) Finally ends up selling for fifty cents in garage sale.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"~~ Shelly ~~" > wrote in message
>I got caught up in an infomercial about the FlavorWave oven. It seems to
>be especially good for people who forgot to thaw their meat in time to
>start cooking dinner. As with any good infomercial, the food looked yummy
>and the 'cooks' were terribly excited, but I wondered...
>
> Anyone out there tried this appliance? A check of epinions.com showed
> that there were 17 people who have posted reviews; 12 were four- or
> five-star ratings, and one three-star rating (the author said that the
> cooking time wasn't reduced as much as promised). There were also four
> one-star reviews, all of which mentioned that the oven didn't last very
> long and getting a company replacement (or even good customer service) was
> a nightmare.
>
> So, have you, or someone you know, tried this oven? If a person doesn't
> get a Lemon, is it a good product?
>
> ~~ Shelly ~~

Piece of junk. It dries out food.
It works on the principle of a very high wattage light bulb and a fan.
Save your money.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Kswck wrote:
> "~~ Shelly ~~" > wrote in message
>> I got caught up in an infomercial about the FlavorWave oven. It
>> seems to be especially good for people who forgot to thaw their meat
>> in time to start cooking dinner. As with any good infomercial

There's such a thing as a "good" infomercial?! Hmmm, news to me.

> Piece of junk. It dries out food.
> It works on the principle of a very high wattage light bulb and a fan.
> Save your money.

Sounds like an Easy Bake Oven for adults LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"~~ Shelly ~~" > wrote in message
>I got caught up in an infomercial about the FlavorWave oven. It seems to
>be especially good for people who forgot to thaw their meat in time to
>start cooking dinner. As with any good infomercial, the food looked yummy
>and the 'cooks' were terribly excited, but I wondered...

By the way, as long as we're ripping your idea apart, keep in mind that you
can thaw food very quickly using any thick chunk of aluminum. Could be an
aluminum pancake griddle, or the bottom of a frying pan.