Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Father's Day meal out

Where do you go for Father's Day but to a place with red meat and
beer. Stan's daughter Vicky and her husband Bill met us for lunch at
Thornton's Irish Pub and Chop www.thorntonsirishpub.com in El Cajon

We arrived around 11:00 but the Father's day specials we wanted didn't
start until noon so we had to sit around and drink Guinness, eat the
best chicken tenders I've ever had and talk in pleasant surroundings
with lively Irish music playing in the background.

We couldn't believe how great the chicken tenders were. The spices on
them were just perfect and the batter was not thick. We were all so
busy tasting them and talking about how great they were I almost
forgot to get a picture, some are missing but you get the idea.
http://i14.tinypic.com/4z0ymxc.jpg

A couple of us (me and sil) had the Surf and Turf which is a steak and
shrimp plate with a wine sauce, colcannon and fresh vegetables. We
also had some of the best potato soup ever. It was so good I dove in
and didn't come up for air until it was gone and I realized I didn't
get a picture gasp!!!
http://i7.tinypic.com/530f8sx.jpg

Vicky had the Peter's Harbison's pan seared boneless breast of chicken
with a baked potato and fresh vegetables finished with a white wine
sauce.
http://i15.tinypic.com/6fpvxnb.jpg

Stan had the Whiskey steak which is a tenderloin of beef with
colcannon and fresh vegetables finished in a Jameson Whiskey sauce.
http://i17.tinypic.com/54lzhbs.jpg

A special day for a special guy

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 6/10

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 19:46:06 -0700, Koko wrote:

>A special day for a special guy

We had breakfast in. We had Erik's special buttermilk pancakes
(plain, blueberry and banana) for breakfast, then he went out and
worked on our yard, putting a brick boarder between the grass and
planting area and bark over the dirt. He even cut the lawn (front and
back). Everything looks great! My daughter has a real peach for a
BF.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote in :

> Where do you go for Father's Day but to a place with red meat and
> beer. Stan's daughter Vicky and her husband Bill met us for lunch at
> Thornton's Irish Pub and Chop www.thorntonsirishpub.com in El Cajon

Sounds good!! Especially being an Irish Pub :-)

Although the cuts of meat looked a tad smallish.

Our Fathers day comes up on the first Sunday in September.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:06:06 +0200 (CEST), PeterLucas >
wrote:

>Koko wrote in :
>
>> Where do you go for Father's Day but to a place with red meat and
>> beer. Stan's daughter Vicky and her husband Bill met us for lunch at
>> Thornton's Irish Pub and Chop www.thorntonsirishpub.com in El Cajon
>>

>Sounds good!! Especially being an Irish Pub :-)

Irish owned and operated. :-)

>Although the cuts of meat looked a tad smallish.

They were 8oz steaks. That's one thing I like about the restaurant is
you don't get an obscene amount of food.

Koko
---
http://www.kokoscorner.typepad.com
updated 6/10

"There is no love more sincere than the love of food"
George Bernard Shaw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote in :

> On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 07:06:06 +0200 (CEST), PeterLucas >
> wrote:
>
>>Koko wrote in :
>>
>>> Where do you go for Father's Day but to a place with red meat and
>>> beer. Stan's daughter Vicky and her husband Bill met us for lunch at
>>> Thornton's Irish Pub and Chop www.thorntonsirishpub.com in El Cajon
>>>

>>Sounds good!! Especially being an Irish Pub :-)

> Irish owned and operated. :-)

Yeah, saw by the blurb.

>>Although the cuts of meat looked a tad smallish.

> They were 8oz steaks. That's one thing I like about the restaurant is
> you don't get an obscene amount of food.

8ozs comes in at about 226grams, about 1/2 the size of a 'normal' steak
over here :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote in :

> you don't get an obscene amount of food.

I like obscene...that way you get take-home food.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Koko wrote:
> PeterLucas wrote:
> >Koko wrote:

> >> Where do you go for Father's Day but to a place with red meat and
> >> beer. Stan's daughter Vicky and her husband Bill met us for lunch at
> >> Thornton's Irish Pub and Chopwww.thorntonsirishpub.comin El Cajon

> >Sounds good!! Especially being an Irish Pub :-)

> Irish owned and operated. :-)
>

> >Although the cuts of meat looked a tad smallish.

> They were 8oz steaks. That's one thing I like about the restaurant is
> you don't get an obscene amount of food.

Well, Irish pubs don't want you to fill up on food, they are more into
obscene amounts of booze! LOL

Sheldon

stuff to do with almond meal and flax meal Jackie Patti[_2_] Diabetic 6 17-11-2007 03:58 AM
My father Beach Runner Vegan 3 22-08-2005 07:18 PM
What's your Father's Day meal gonna be ??? pilgrim13 Barbecue 9 22-06-2004 09:32 PM