Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Goya products

Heya folks,

I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
good, and might be good to take back with me...

Suggestions?

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:20:25 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
>I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
>products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
>NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
>good, and might be good to take back with me...

I like all of the Goya canned beans that I have tried -- black beans,
chickpeas, red beans, refried beans. Goya adobo seasoning is a good
all-purpose seasoning.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 7:38 pm, Tara > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:20:25 -0400, Christine Dabney
>
> > wrote:
> >Heya folks,

> >I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> >I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> >products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> >NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> >good, and might be good to take back with me...

> I like all of the Goya canned beans that I have tried -- black beans,
> chickpeas, red beans, refried beans. Goya adobo seasoning is a good
> all-purpose seasoning.
>
> Tara

Their olive oil isn't too shabby, for the price.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:40:23 -0700, the officious 411
> wrote:

>Their olive oil isn't too shabby, for the price.

Goya olive oil is nice, and their boullion powder and cubes are handy
for adding some flavor to rice and potatoes.

Tara

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 7:20?pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?

I've yet to try a Goya product that hasn't been better than its
counter part in a different brand... not equal to, better.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 7:38 pm, Tara > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:20:25 -0400, Christine Dabney
>
> > wrote:
> >Heya folks,

> >I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> >I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> >products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> >NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> >good, and might be good to take back with me...

> I like all of the Goya canned beans that I have tried -- black beans,
> chickpeas, red beans, refried beans. Goya adobo seasoning is a good
> all-purpose seasoning.
>
> Tara

If you are flying, taking a lot of canned beans will be difficult ;-)
but for future reference, I think Goya's cannellini beans are as good
or better than Progresso.

I particularly like - REALLY LIKE -- their canary beans. Follow the
receipe on back of the can -- very good!
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 7:20 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Christine

I use Goya canned black beans, kidney beans and chick peas. They are
all very good, imho.
I know some who like the Adobo seasoning, but I have never used it.
My niece uses it in her fried chicken.

-Tracy
(just made a cheesecake for my son's (aka the kid) graduation party
tomorrow just because he asked for one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:59:41 -0700, Dee Dee >
wrote:

>If you are flying, taking a lot of canned beans will be difficult ;-)
>but for future reference, I think Goya's cannellini beans are as good
>or better than Progresso.
>
>I particularly like - REALLY LIKE -- their canary beans. Follow the
>receipe on back of the can -- very good!
>Dee Dee

I am driving...

Guess I will have to check out the beans,and from what others say, the
olive oil.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 16:59:41 -0700, Dee Dee >
> wrote:
>

>>If you are flying, taking a lot of canned beans will be difficult ;-)
>>but for future reference, I think Goya's cannellini beans are as good
>>or better than Progresso.
>>
>>I particularly like - REALLY LIKE -- their canary beans. Follow the
>>receipe on back of the can -- very good!
>>Dee Dee

> I am driving...
>
> Guess I will have to check out the beans,and from what others say, the
> olive oil.

If worse comes to worse, they have an online store; it's the
last link in that top menu.

http://www.goya.com/english/products.html

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Christine

The revamped Ta Lin (Central and Louisiana) has some Goya products but
not in the 'Asian' section. Some of the Mexican shops (such as the one
at Central and San Pedro) also have some Goya products but can't say
what the range is.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:26:21 -0600, Arri London >
wrote:

>The revamped Ta Lin (Central and Louisiana) has some Goya products but
>not in the 'Asian' section. Some of the Mexican shops (such as the one
>at Central and San Pedro) also have some Goya products but can't say
>what the range is.

Okay.
Is that the mercado there at San Pedro and Central? The marketplace on
the southwest corner?

If so, I went in there once, and wasn't very impressed. However, that
was a year or so ago. It may have changed since then.

Christine, trying to figure out how she is going to get two extra
boxes of cookbooks into the minivan.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:
I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...

Goya Guava Paste, served in slivers on top of thin bits of good cheddar
cheese. DELICIOUS!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 6:20 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Christine

Besides the beans, we like their Mojo Criollo marinade and the fruit
nectars.

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:20:25 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>Heya folks,
>
>I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
>I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
>products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
>NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
>good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
>Suggestions?
>
>Christine

I use Goya Marinade Mojo Criollo for grilled chicken.

It comes in a 22 oz bottle. This is enough for 2 chickens

I add juice of 1 lemon and 1/4 cup of Olive Oil to the marinade

Its made in the Dominican Republic.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, artisan2
@ix.netcom.com says...
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Christine

I recall that their canned tuna in olive oil is a treat, although I have
not had it for a while.

--
Peter Aitken

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 17, 12:57?pm, Peter A > wrote:
> In article >, artisan2
> @ix.netcom.com says...
>
> > Heya folks,

> > I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> > I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> > products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> > NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> > good, and might be good to take back with me...

> > Suggestions?

> > Christine

> I recall that their canned tuna in olive oil is a treat, although I have
> not had it for a while.

I don't think they offer that anymore, it's no longer listed at their
website. Tuna packed in oil (any kind) is not popular anymore and is
becoming increasingly difficult to find. Even sardines in oil are
becoming rarer; mostly they are packed in tomato and mustard sauce,
and those I still find in oil are very expensive. Canned seafood used
to be the least expensive food you could buy (peasant food) but not
anymore.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 21:26:21 -0600, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
> >The revamped Ta Lin (Central and Louisiana) has some Goya products but
> >not in the 'Asian' section. Some of the Mexican shops (such as the one
> >at Central and San Pedro) also have some Goya products but can't say
> >what the range is.

> Okay.
> Is that the mercado there at San Pedro and Central? The marketplace on
> the southwest corner?

Yes. The name escapes me at the moment.

> If so, I went in there once, and wasn't very impressed. However, that
> was a year or so ago. It may have changed since then.

It has, as they were caught being less than sanitary last year! Haven't
been there for a while though. What you need is a Cuban or Puerto Rican
shop but they are thin on the ground in ABQ.

> Christine, trying to figure out how she is going to get two extra
> boxes of cookbooks into the minivan.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:34:59 -0600, Arri London >
wrote:

>It has, as they were caught being less than sanitary last year! Haven't
>been there for a while though. What you need is a Cuban or Puerto Rican
>shop but they are thin on the ground in ABQ.

Yeah, I know.

A few other things are as well. I had been trying to find some
unsliced slab bacon before I came east on this assignment, and it is
hard to find there. I did find some good country slab bacon here, and
I am bringing back a big chunk of it with me.

You coming to the NM Cook-in on Labor Day weekend? Lots of great
knowledgeable food folks coming from here..at least they say they are
coming.

I created a mailing list for people who were thinking of coming to
it...for planning purposes, etc.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>> Christine, trying to figure out how she is going to get two extra
>> boxes of cookbooks into the minivan.

Hey Chris.... you may have to invest in one of those thingies you put
on top of a car to carry stuff!
http://bravesurf.com/acatalog/Thule_...ck_box_sml.jpg
http://www.thepartssource.com/images/safarirack.jpg

Too bad you don't have me there. I'm very good at getting a lot into
small spaces. When we moved out of our one bedroom apartment, along
with the furniture, clothing etc, we had 60 boxes of "stuff".... all
filled. I amazed myself! When I was moved from my classroom a couple
of years ago, I think they moved way more stuff than was moved out of
my apartment. My stuff filled a hallway 8 feet wide by 15 feet long
and it spilled into another hallway! My classroom was not what anyone
in their right mind would consider a cluttered space either - thanks
to all the cabinets, drawers and a closet where I kept it.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:03:48 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 16:34:59 -0600, Arri London >
>wrote:
>
>>> Christine, trying to figure out how she is going to get two extra
>>> boxes of cookbooks into the minivan.

>Hey Chris.... you may have to invest in one of those thingies you put
>on top of a car to carry stuff!
>http://bravesurf.com/acatalog/Thule_...ck_box_sml.jpg
>http://www.thepartssource.com/images/safarirack.jpg

I used to have one, but not a Thule. However, as you know...I am
rather on the short side. I wouldn't be able to reach the thing,
after it was on my minivan.

And now, I decided I don't like those things. Before, I had my cartop
carrier on my Honda sedan.. And when I was barreling down the road in
Cajun country in LA, I had it pop open on me. Not fun.

I got the minivan about 6 months after that. I joke about getting two
more boxes into it, but I actually have plenty of room. And I usually
bring along even more boxes of cookbooks. LOL.

I actually have room in the minivan to bring back even more stuff than
the 25 additional cookbooks I have gotten since I was here. I will
probably have a few bags of foodstuffs with me as well this time, of
things I just have to take back with me. And if I have the cash, I
*might* stop at Penzeys on the way back and have a good sized bag of
spices. But I am not sure of that..I might just do mail order...

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:57:30 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>I created a mailing list for people who were thinking of coming to
>it...for planning purposes, etc.

Just curious.... to be member of that list, do you need a yahoo
address?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:24:37 -0700, sf wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:57:30 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>

>>I created a mailing list for people who were thinking of coming to
>>it...for planning purposes, etc.

>Just curious.... to be member of that list, do you need a yahoo
>address?

I think to join the group you have to, but not sure. I know I can
recieve my emails to my regular email address. You don't need a yahoo
email address, if that is what you are asking. At least I think that
is the case.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 21:37:55 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:

>On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:24:37 -0700, sf wrote:
>
>>On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 18:57:30 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>>

>>>I created a mailing list for people who were thinking of coming to
>>>it...for planning purposes, etc.

>>Just curious.... to be member of that list, do you need a yahoo
>>address?

>I think to join the group you have to, but not sure. I know I can
>recieve my emails to my regular email address. You don't need a yahoo
>email address, if that is what you are asking. At least I think that
>is the case.

When I went to the site, it seemed like it needed a Yahoo address to
go further. Just curious.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 23:38:37 GMT, Tara > wrote:

>On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 19:20:25 -0400, Christine Dabney
> wrote:
>
>>Heya folks,
>>
>>I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
>>I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
>>products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
>>NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
>>good, and might be good to take back with me...

>I like all of the Goya canned beans that I have tried -- black beans,
>chickpeas, red beans, refried beans. Goya adobo seasoning is a good
>all-purpose seasoning.
>
>Tara

i use their beans and adobo seasoning as well. i think their extra
virgin olive oil is decent, too. most of their products are
inexpensive.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?

Love Goya products, especially their beans and Sofrito (I use it in both
black beans and Mexican/Spanish rice).

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 7:20 pm, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...

Sofrito & mojo criollo. They make a chipotle mojo criollo which I have
never had the occasion to try. I also like their frijoles rosados
(pink beans) which are better than the pintos you can get here in
Richmond.

Go by La Milpa on Hull (about a mile west of Chippenham on the S
side.) They have a full selection of Goya stuff. (They also have
reasonably priced jars of hearts of palm) I was hoping you might take
me up on the offer of a tour of the Hispanic (and other ethnic) stores
on the southside, which is much funkier than the stodgy and oh so
particular West End. Pity, that. I guess you didn't make it to the Big
Apple Market on Jeff Davis (a hispanic supermercado run by Koreans) or
El Cerro Azul on Midlothian just past Flat Rock.

Que viva Dogtown!

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 9:10 am, Christine Dabney > wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 03:14:46 -0700, wrote:
> >Go by La Milpa on Hull (about a mile west of Chippenham on the S
> >side.) They have a full selection of Goya stuff. (They also have
> >reasonably priced jars of hearts of palm) I was hoping you might take
> >me up on the offer of a tour of the Hispanic (and other ethnic) stores
> >on the southside, which is much funkier than the stodgy and oh so
> >particular West End. Pity, that. I guess you didn't make it to the Big
> >Apple Market on Jeff Davis (a hispanic supermercado run by Koreans) or
> >El Cerro Azul on Midlothian just past Flat Rock.

> I don;t remember you making an offer of a tour. If I had known about
> such an offer, I would have jumped at it!!!!
>
> Now you tell me about these places!!!! I gotta go to the Big Apple
> market..just a week before I leave! Sounds nice!!! Where on Jeff
> Davis? I am just off Iron Bridge Road..

A bit N of Bells Rd.. 2916 Jefferson Davis N of Hull St outlet. On
the west side..

I wouldn't go after dark..

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 9:10 am, Christine Dabney > wrote:

> I did get to the little Mid-eastern market in the Archway shopping
> center. Some good things, but not much that I wanted.
>
> Christine

Christine, do you travel with a GPS or a GPS in your car? If not,
have you thought about one?
Thanks.
Dee Dee
(P.S. DH got lost traveling on the Garden State Freeway because the
exit was going north instead of south, and a GPS would've saved him
miles and miles and time, which he did not have. But he's so good
natured about it.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:39:31 -0400, "MareCat"
> wrote:

>"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Heya folks,
>>
>> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
>> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
>> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
>> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
>> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>>
>> Suggestions?

>Love Goya products, especially their beans and Sofrito (I use it in both
>black beans and Mexican/Spanish rice).
>
>Mary

does the sofrito taste strongly of cilantro?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 1:13 pm, blake murphy > wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:39:31 -0400, "MareCat"
>

> > wrote:
> >"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> .. .
> >> Heya folks,

> >> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> >> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> >> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> >> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> >> good, and might be good to take back with me...

> >> Suggestions?

> >Love Goya products, especially their beans and Sofrito (I use it in both
> >black beans and Mexican/Spanish rice).

> >Mary

> does the sofrito taste strongly of cilantro?
>
> your pal,
> blake- Hide quoted text -

Blake, the sofrito that I've bought come in two different; a red and a
green.
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 20, 7:46 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
> On Jun 20, 1:13 pm, blake murphy > wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:39:31 -0400, "MareCat"

> > > wrote:
> > >"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> > .. .

> > >Love Goya products, especially their beans and Sofrito (I use it in both
> > >black beans and Mexican/Spanish rice).

> > >Mary

> > does the sofrito taste strongly of cilantro?

> > your pal,
> > blake- Hide quoted text -

> Blake, the sofrito that I've bought come in two different; a red and a
> green.

The green is called "recaito" and does have cilantro/culantro.

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 21, 6:09 am, wrote:
> On Jun 20, 7:46 pm, Dee Dee > wrote:
>

> > On Jun 20, 1:13 pm, blake murphy > wrote:

> > > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 22:39:31 -0400, "MareCat"

> > > .. .

> > > does the sofrito taste strongly of cilantro?

> > > your pal,
> > > blake- Hide quoted text -

> > Blake, the sofrito that I've bought come in two different; a red and a
> > green.

> The green is called "recaito" and does have cilantro/culantro.
>
> T.- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for the reminder. Yes, it IS recaito. My mistake. :-)
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> Heya folks,
>
> I will be heading back to NM in a little less than 2 weeks. And when
> I go, I want to take some things back with me. I see a lot of Goya
> products on the shelves here, and they are not readily available in
> NM. I am wondering if there are any of these products that are really
> good, and might be good to take back with me...
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Christine

That brand is readily available here in El Paso, both on post and off. Don't
drag too much with you, just let me know what you need. I'm up your way a
couple times a year and I'll be there on Labor Day. Actually before.
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 02:52:58 GMT, "The Joneses" >
wrote:

>That brand is readily available here in El Paso, both on post and off. Don't
>drag too much with you, just let me know what you need. I'm up your way a
>couple times a year and I'll be there on Labor Day. Actually before.
>Edrena

Before Labor Day? When?

I just bought a slew of things to bring back with me... Duke's
Mayonnaise, a few bags of water ground cornmeal, some Mt Olive sweet
salad cubes, some Old Bay seasoning, among other things. Still have
to get the White Lily flour.

I was in Walmart (yes, I don't like it, but the prices were right on
these items) and they had country hams for sale, at $1.97/pound. Don't
know the brands/producers, but they are tempting me...

How do you think country ham with red eye gravy sounds as a part of a
southern breakfast that weekend?

Christine

Posted to rec.food.cooking

I just remembered: Goya's Naranja agria. It comes in a smaller bottle
as well as a large bottle. You can make your own Yucatec adobos and
mojo criollos with that stuff. And the small bottle fits better in the
fridge.

T.

Luker baking chocolate (from Goya) - your opinion? [email protected] General Cooking 22 09-01-2017 04:44 AM
looking for supplier - water purification products: General Ecology Seagull IV model x1f and x1d, rs1sg cartridge, rs2sg cartridge, and other products Edward Bertsch Marketplace 1 04-09-2005 12:34 AM
New Products Creative Rootz Tea 0 14-05-2004 05:52 PM
Goya "Bitter Orange" marinade Dee Randall Mexican Cooking 1 11-12-2003 02:28 AM