Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

* Pyengana Cheddar
* Pyramide
* Quark
* Quark (Australian)
* Quartirolo Lombardo
* Quatre-Vents
* Quercy Petit
* Queso Blanco
* Queso Blanco con Frutas --Pina y Mango
* Queso de Murcia
* Queso del Montsec
* Queso del Tietar
* Queso Fresco
* Queso Fresco (Adobera)
* Queso Iberico
* Queso Jalapeno
* Queso Majorero
* Queso Media Luna
* Queso Para Frier
* Queso Quesadilla
* Rabacal
* Raclette
* Ragusano
* Raschera
* Reblochon
* Red Leicester
* Regal de la Dombes
* Reggianito
* Remedou
* Requeson
* Richelieu
* Ricotta
* Ricotta (Australian)
* Ricotta Salata
* Ridder
* Rigotte
* Rocamadour
* Rollot
* Romano
* Romans Part Dieu
* Roncal
* Roquefort
* Roule
* Rouleau De Beaulieu
* Royalp Tilsit
* Rubens
* Rustinu
* Saaland Pfarr
* Saanenkaese
* Saga
* Sage Derby
* Sainte Maure
* Saint-Marcellin
* Saint-Nectaire
* Saint-Paulin
* Salers
* Samso
* San Simon
* Sancerre
* Sap Sago
* Sardo
* Sardo Egyptian
* Sbrinz
* Scamorza
* Schabzieger
* Schloss
* Selles sur Cher
* Selva
* Serat
* Seriously Strong Cheddar
* Serra da Estrela
* Sharpam
* Shelburne Cheddar
* Shropshire Blue
* Siraz
* Sirene
* Smoked Gouda
* Somerset Brie
* Sonoma Jack
* Sottocenare al Tartufo
* Soumaintrain
* Sourire Lozerien
* Spenwood
* Sraffordshire Organic
* St. Agur Blue Cheese
* Stilton
* Stinking Bishop
* String
* Sussex Slipcote
* Sveciaost
* Swaledale
* Sweet Style Swiss
* Swiss
* Syrian (Armenian String)
* Tala
* Taleggio
* Tamie
* Tasmania Highland Chevre Log
* Taupiniere
* Teifi
* Telemea
* Testouri
* Tete de Moine
* Tetilla
* Texas Goat Cheese
* Tibet
* Tillamook Cheddar
* Tilsit
* Timboon Brie
* Toma
* Tomme Brulee
* Tomme d'Abondance
* Tomme de Chevre
* Tomme de Romans
* Tomme de Savoie
* Tomme des Chouans
* Tommes
* Torta del Casar
* Toscanello
* Touree de L'Aubier
* Tourmalet
* Trappe (Veritable)
* Trois Cornes De Vendee
* Tronchon
* Trou du Cru
* Truffe
* Tupi
* Turunmaa
* Tymsboro
* Tyn Grug
* Tyning
* Ubriaco
* Ulloa
* Vacherin-Fribourgeois
* Valencay
* Vasterbottenost
* Venaco
* Vendomois
* Vieux Corse
* Vignotte
* Vulscombe
* Waimata Farmhouse Blue
* Washed Rind Cheese (Australian)
* Waterloo
* Weichkaese
* Wellington
* Wensleydale
* White Stilton
* Whitestone Farmhouse
* Wigmore
* Woodside Cabecou
* Xanadu
* Xynotyro
* Yarg Cornish
* Yarra Valley Pyramid
* Yorkshire Blue
* Zamorano
* Zanetti Grana Padano
* Zanetti Parmigiano Reggiano

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

Default Your Favorite Cheese?

"Mr Cheese Fiend" > wrote in message
> Which one's your favourite?

* "Parmigiano Reggiano"
though many are very close.
That,'s quite a list.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese

"Mr Cheese Fiend" > wrote in message
> Which one's your favourite?

I have neither heard of nor tasted most of them, and the of ones I like, the
flavors vary from one cheesemaker to another so I don't have any one
favorite. Here are some I like:

> * American Cheese (While some may not consider this a "real" cheese, it
> is very good in some situations which call for melted cheese.)
> * Brie
> * Cheddar (Aged and sharp, please)
> * Feta
> * Havarti
> * Parmigiano Reggiano
> * Sage Derby

Notes:

> * Fresh Truffles

This is a cheese?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> Which one's your favourite?

> * Asiago

> * Baby Swiss

> * Bleu d'Auvergne
> * Bleu de Gex
> * Bleu de Laqueuille
> * Bleu de Septmoncel
> * Bleu Des Causses
> * Blue
> * Blue Castello
> * Blue Rathgore
> * Blue Vein (Australian)
> * Blue Vein Cheeses

> * Cheddar

> * Cottage Cheese

> * Cream Cheese

> * Gruyere

> * Havarti

> * Limburger

> * Pecorino Romano

> * Queso Jalapeno

> * Romano

> * Smoked Gouda

> * Stilton

These are just the ones I can get ahold of here. I would most likely enjoy
most of them as there are very few cheeses I don't like, with the exception
of very mild white cheeses such as Mexican queso fresco.

Not crossposting in the name of sanity,
Blutarsky©

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> Which one's your favourite?

> * Banon
> * Briquette de Brebis
> * Camembert de Normandie
> * Castelmagno
> * Cheshire (wonderful one from Neal's Yard)
> * Comte (kind of a french parmigiano)
> * Epoisses de Bourgogne
> * Fiore Sardo (very good perocino)
> * Fontina Val d'Aosta
> * Gorgonzola
> * Gouda (best if aged 12 months)
> * Mozzarella di Bufala
> * Parmigiano Reggiano
> * Pyramide (if it is the french goat cheese)
> * Reblochon
> * Reggianito

LOL, the brazilian parmigiano. I'd like to try it once.

--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Vilco wrote:
> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
>> Which one's your favourite?

>> * Banon
>> * Briquette de Brebis
>> * Camembert de Normandie
>> * Castelmagno
>> * Cheshire (wonderful one from Neal's Yard)
>> * Comte (kind of a french parmigiano)
>> * Epoisses de Bourgogne
>> * Fiore Sardo (very good perocino)
>> * Fontina Val d'Aosta
>> * Gorgonzola
>> * Gouda (best if aged 12 months)
>> * Mozzarella di Bufala
>> * Parmigiano Reggiano
>> * Pyramide (if it is the french goat cheese)
>> * Reblochon
>> * Reggianito

> LOL, the brazilian parmigiano. I'd like to try it once.
>> * Roquefort
>> * Stilton
>> * Tilsit
>> * Toma

I took some Swiss friends to a cheese shop yesterday so they could taste
grana di Bufala, a cheese about which I am adulatory. They preferred
pecorino sardo. With so many cheeses around the world, it's impossible,
not to say unproductive, to pick just one.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Giusi wrote:

> I took some Swiss friends to a cheese shop yesterday so they could
> taste grana di Bufala, a cheese about which I am adulatory. They
> preferred pecorino sardo. With so many cheeses around the world,
> it's impossible, not to say unproductive, to pick just one.

Well said. Today at lunch I'll be in a local deli with loads of french
cheeses, I'll get some epoisse and then follow the inspiration
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking
bob bob is offline

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:44:20 +0100, Mr Cheese Fiend >
magnanimously proffered:

>Which one's your favourite?

Cheeses save us ...

--

una cerveza mas por favor ...

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>
Posted to rec.food.cooking
J S J S is offline

Your Favorite Cheese?

Group: rec.food.cooking Date: Thu, Jun 14, 2007, 7:44pm (EDT+5) From:
(Mr*Cheese*Fiend)
Which one's your favourite?

<<Sharp Chedder
Parmesan
Bleu Cheese
Laughing Cow(those little wedges that come in a round box)
Port Wine Chedder

SMITTY

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Vilco" > wrote:

> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> > Which one's your favourite?

> > * Banon
> > * Briquette de Brebis
> > * Camembert de Normandie
> > * Castelmagno
> > * Cheshire (wonderful one from Neal's Yard)
> > * Comte (kind of a french parmigiano)
> > * Epoisses de Bourgogne
> > * Fiore Sardo (very good perocino)
> > * Fontina Val d'Aosta
> > * Gorgonzola
> > * Gouda (best if aged 12 months)
> > * Mozzarella di Bufala
> > * Parmigiano Reggiano
> > * Pyramide (if it is the french goat cheese)
> > * Reblochon
> > * Reggianito

> LOL, the brazilian parmigiano. I'd like to try it once.
> > * Roquefort
> > * Stilton
> > * Tilsit
> > * Toma

Havarti
Brie
Baby Swiss
Monterey Jack
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

"Mr Cheese Fiend" > wrote

> Which one's your favourite?

Dairylea Triangles, which go particularly well with any wine that comes in a
box with a painting of a Spanish village on it.

--
Regards, Vince.

International Trucking Photographs-
http://200476.aceboard.net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley wrote:

> My absolute favorite is Tillamook Smoked Medium Cheddar, particularly
> when eaten with crisp apple slices.

Try it with a sliver of Goya brand Guava Paste. They make a wonderful
snack combination.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

What about that really stinky cheese, limbougher? Or something like that. I
have wondered what it tasted like but have never bought any. So what other
cheese is it like and does it really smell that bad?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phyllis Stone wrote:
> What about that really stinky cheese, limbougher? Or something like that. I
> have wondered what it tasted like but have never bought any. So what other
> cheese is it like and does it really smell that bad?

OhMiGawd! My FIL loved that stinky stuff, MIL made him eat it outside
and he wasn't allowed to bring it in the house. I tried some with him
and nearly gagged. Could not get used to the taste or the smell. Yeah,
it really smells that bad and the taste wasn't good, to me, either.

George

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Phyllis Stone wrote:

> What about that really stinky cheese, limbougher? Or something like that. I
> have wondered what it tasted like but have never bought any. So what other
> cheese is it like and does it really smell that bad?

I had it once. It was pleasant at first, and then I smelled it, and it
tasted like what I would imagine dog shit to taste like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> Which one's your favourite?

Why do you care? (You missed Velveeta, Manchego, and many others.)

Jerry
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

"

> Why do you care? (You missed Velveeta, Manchego, and many others.)
>
> Jerry
> --

Not much of a cheese shop is it?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> [...]
> * Naboulsi
> * Nantais
> * Neufchatel
> * Neufchatel (Australian)
> * Niolo
> * Nokkelost
> * Northumberland
> * Oaxaca
> * Olde York
> * Olivet au Foin
> * Olivet Bleu
> * Olivet Cendre
> * Orkney Extra Mature Cheddar
> * Orla
> * Oschtjepka
> * Ossau Fermier
> * Ossau-Iraty
> * Oszczypek
> * Oxford Blue
> * P'tit Berrichon
> * Palet de Babligny
> * Paneer
> * Panela
> * Pannerone
> * Pant ys Gawn
> * Parmesan (Parmigiano)
> * Parmigiano Reggiano
> * Pas de l'Escalette
> * Passendale
> * Pasteurized Processed
> * Pate de Fromage
> * Patefine Fort
> * Pave d'Affinois
> * Pave d'Auge
> * Pave de Chirac
> * Pave du Berry
> * Pecorino
> * Pecorino in Walnut Leaves
> * Pecorino Romano
> * Peekskill Pyramid
> * Pelardon des Cevennes
> * Pelardon des Corbieres
> * Penamellera
> * Penbryn
> * Pencarreg
> * Perail de Brebis
> * Petit Morin
> * Petit Pardou
> * Petit-Suisse
> * Picodon de Chevre
> * Picos de Europa
> * Piora
> * Pithtviers au Foin
> * Plateau de Herve
> * Plymouth Cheese
> * Podhalanski
> * Poivre d'Ane
> * Polkolbin
> * Pont l'Eveque
> * Port Nicholson
> * Port-Salut
> * Postel
> * Pouligny-Saint-Pierre
> * Pourly
> * Prastost
> * Pressato
> * Prince-Jean
> * Processed Cheddar
> * Provolone
> * Provolone (Australian)
> * Pyengana Cheddar
> * Pyramide
> * Quark
> * Quark (Australian)
> * Quartirolo Lombardo
> * Quatre-Vents
> * Quercy Petit
> * Queso Blanco
> * Queso Blanco con Frutas --Pina y Mango

Venezuelan Beaver Cheese

> * Vieux Corse
> * Vignotte
> * Vulscombe
> * Waimata Farmhouse Blue
> * Washed Rind Cheese (Australian)
> * Waterloo
> * Weichkaese
> * Wellington
> * Wensleydale
> * White Stilton
> * Whitestone Farmhouse
> * Wigmore
> * Woodside Cabecou
> * Xanadu
> * Xynotyro
> * Yarg Cornish
> * Yarra Valley Pyramid
> * Yorkshire Blue
> * Zamorano
> * Zanetti Grana Padano
> * Zanetti Parmigiano Reggiano

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

ah wrote:

> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
>
>>Which one's your favourite?

And this tells me what about good cheese?

Dave
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Many years ago I had a favorite one called Liederkrantz. It was smelly
but Oh it was the nector of the gods (to me). It has long since gone the
way of the Model T Ford. No trace of it exists.

Alkem

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

Dave wrote:
> ah wrote:
>
>> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
>>
>>> Which one's your favourite?

> And this tells me what about good cheese?

The names by which you may order some.

I like so many of these but my favorite is Roquefort.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,demon.local,ne.weather,comp.os.os2.advocacy

Rob wrote:
> "
> >
> > Why do you care? (You missed Velveeta, Manchego, and many others.)
> >
> > Jerry

> Not much of a cheese shop is it?

Oi! Listen, mush. Another one of those and I'll reenact Horace
Walpole's 'Rogue Cheddar'.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving

On Jun 14, 7:44 pm, Mr Cheese Fiend > wrote:
> Which one's your favourite?

You missed out knob.

MBQ

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Dave wrote:
> ah wrote:
>
>> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
>>
>>>Which one's your favourite?

> And this tells me what about good cheese?

So, you've tried them all?
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Holly wrote:
> Dave wrote:
>> ah wrote:

>> And this tells me what about good cheese?

> The names by which you may order some.
>
> I like so many of these but my favorite is Roquefort.

Wot's it like?

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

ah wrote:
> Holly wrote:
>> Dave wrote:

>>> And this tells me what about good cheese?

>> The names by which you may order some.
>>
>> I like so many of these but my favorite is Roquefort.

> Wot's it like?

Com'on ... Are you lactose intolerant?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 18, 7:14?pm, wrote:
> Many years ago I had a favorite one called Liederkrantz. It was smelly
> but Oh it was the nector of the gods (to me). It has long since gone the
> way of the Model T Ford. No trace of it exists.
>
> Alkem

I love cheese, it is my favorite food, and my most favorite cheese is
Stilton... of all the cheeses, it is the best.
Rosie

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

"Jerry Avins" > wrote in message
> Mr Cheese Fiend wrote:
> > Which one's your favourite?

> Why do you care? (You missed Velveeta, Manchego, and many others.)
>
> Jerry
> --
> Engineering is the art of making what you want from things you can get.

Manchego was listed.
Who knew there were so many ways to spoil milk creatively?
MJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat

"Mr Cheese Fiend" > wrote in message
> Which one's your favourite?
> * Asiago
> * Cabrales
> * Camembert de Normandie
> * Coulommiers
> * Fontina Val d'Aosta
> * Fromage de Montagne de Savoie
> * Gorgonzola
> * Gratte-Paille
> * Pont l'Eveque
> * Reblochon
> * Romano
> * Saga
> * Sainte Maure
> * Saint-Marcellin
> * Stilton
> * Valencay
> * Zamorano

MJ

Posted to rec.food.cooking
J S J S is offline

A good swiss cheese(w/ham on Rye and mayonnaise
Smitty

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Holly wrote:
> ah wrote:
>> Holly wrote:

>>> The names by which you may order some.
>>>
>>> I like so many of these but my favorite is Roquefort.

>> Wot's it like?

> Com'on ... Are you lactose intolerant?

No. Seriously: I am strictly an extra-sharp cheddar and Swiss man.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 14, 11:44 am, Mr Cheese Fiend > wrote:
> [...]
> * Naboulsi
> * Nantais
> * Neufchatel
> * Neufchatel (Australian)
> * Niolo
> * Nokkelost
> * Northumberland
> * Oaxaca
> * Olde York
> * Olivet au Foin
> * Olivet Bleu
> * Olivet Cendre
> * Orkney Extra Mature Cheddar
> * Orla
> * Oschtjepka
> * Ossau Fermier
> * Ossau-Iraty
> * Oszczypek
> * Oxford Blue
> * P'tit Berrichon
> * Palet de Babligny
> * Paneer
> * Panela
> * Pannerone
> * Pant ys Gawn
> * Parmesan (Parmigiano)
> * Parmigiano Reggiano
> * Pas de l'Escalette
> * Passendale
> * Pasteurized Processed
> * Pate de Fromage
> * Patefine Fort
> * Pave d'Affinois
> * Pave d'Auge
> * Pave de Chirac
> * Pave du Berry
> * Pecorino
> * Pecorino in Walnut Leaves
> * Pecorino Romano
> * Peekskill Pyramid
> * Pelardon des Cevennes
> * Pelardon des Corbieres
> * Penamellera
> * Penbryn
> * Pencarreg
> * Perail de Brebis
> * Petit Morin
> * Petit Pardou
> * Petit-Suisse
> * Picodon de Chevre
> * Picos de Europa
> * Piora
> * Pithtviers au Foin
> * Plateau de Herve
> * Plymouth Cheese
> * Podhalanski
> * Poivre d'Ane
> * Polkolbin
> * Pont l'Eveque
> * Port Nicholson
> * Port-Salut
> * Postel
> * Pouligny-Saint-Pierre
> * Pourly
> * Prastost
> * Pressato
> * Prince-Jean
> * Processed Cheddar
> * Provolone
> * Provolone (Australian)
> * Pyengana Cheddar
> * Pyramide
> * Quark
> * Quark (Australian)
> * Quartirolo Lombardo
> * Quatre-Vents
> * Quercy Petit
> * Queso Blanco
> * Queso Blanco con Frutas --Pina y Mango

Brie
Parmesan
Norwegian Goat Cheese.

You didn't list Venezuelan Beaver Cheese. * =o)

*Hint, I'm a Monty Python fan.

Melissa

Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

ah wrote:

> No. Seriously: I am strictly an extra-sharp cheddar and Swiss man.

Narrow horizon?

Jerry
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Posted to rec.food.cooking,uk.food+drink.misc,alt.recipes,alt.cooking-chat,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

ah wrote:
> Holly wrote:
>> ah wrote:

>>> Wot's it like?

>> Com'on ... Are you lactose intolerant?

> No. Seriously: I am strictly an extra-sharp cheddar and Swiss man.

The world is so full of wonderful things!
I'm sure we should be happy as kings.

Jerry
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 13:28:50 -0400, (J S) wrote:

>A good swiss cheese(w/ham on Rye and mayonnaise
>Smitty

i hope you have at least *tried* that with a good mustard.

your pal,
blake