Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Default Your Favorite Cheese?

Holly wrote:
> On Jul 26, 2:48 pm, "That Guy" > wrote:

>> m...

>> > If nothing emerges then nothing is what you have.

>> Right! And nothing is all there is--which makes it something.

> Paradoxically the very nature of the word 'nothing' is antithetical to
> the concept of 'something'. What matters is realizing that in this
> world you cannot have one without the other. It takes comprehension
> of the duality to reach a synthesis <Hegel>.
>

> Example. I am something yet before my birth I was nothing. Now I
> have substance (highly arguable) but then I had none. If I fail to
> embrace the fact that I was not being at certain points in time, I
> also fail to understand the nature of what I am being now. I am
> conscious. I was not conscious. I cannot at this point understand
> not being conscious. It is an oxymoron ... a perceptual pit created
> by language. Yet, the nature of the human brain appreciates paradox
> and appreciates duality. In fact, because of this appreciation we
> cannot, CANNOT "know" absolutes ... one-sided concepts like the word
> *eternity* *limitless* *forever* all the while being able to use those
> terms with some semblance of meaning. To describe, to attribute, to
> define 'one' immediately cause the opposite to emerge.
>

>>Language is
>> too structured and linear to represent reality on that level.

>> > Can one destroy nothing?

>> I think you may be confusing nothing with nothingness.

> I was being flippant. Like saying ...They're both nothing to me.
>

>> For example if you have a basket of fruit and someone asks you what's
>> missing, you might say "It's all still there, nothing was taken." You
>> wouldn't expect them to respond "who took nothing?" unless you were
>> beginning a comedy routine.

> Right.

>> > Something takes nothing to exist.

>> Perceprion exists, that much is obvious. Everything else is guesswork.

>> > \curtsy/

>> > Holly
>> > ~~~~
>> > Life without meaning is *still* life.

>> ~gassho~-

> What does ~gassho~ mean?
> What does "~gassho~" mean/stand for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhis...s_and_concepts

alphabetical . . . .
Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

"ah" > wrote in message
> Holly wrote:

>>> m...

>>> Right! And nothing is all there is--which makes it something.

>> Paradoxically the very nature of the word 'nothing' is antithetical to
>> the concept of 'something'. What matters is realizing that in this
>> world you cannot have one without the other. It takes comprehension
>> of the duality to reach a synthesis <Hegel>.
>>

>> Example. I am something yet before my birth I was nothing. Now I
>> have substance (highly arguable) but then I had none. If I fail to
>> embrace the fact that I was not being at certain points in time, I
>> also fail to understand the nature of what I am being now. I am
>> conscious. I was not conscious. I cannot at this point understand
>> not being conscious. It is an oxymoron ... a perceptual pit created
>> by language. Yet, the nature of the human brain appreciates paradox
>> and appreciates duality. In fact, because of this appreciation we
>> cannot, CANNOT "know" absolutes ... one-sided concepts like the word
>> *eternity* *limitless* *forever* all the while being able to use those
>> terms with some semblance of meaning. To describe, to attribute, to
>> define 'one' immediately cause the opposite to emerge.
>>

>>>Language is
>>> too structured and linear to represent reality on that level.

>>> I think you may be confusing nothing with nothingness.

>> I was being flippant. Like saying ...They're both nothing to me.
>>

>>> For example if you have a basket of fruit and someone asks you what's
>>> missing, you might say "It's all still there, nothing was taken." You
>>> wouldn't expect them to respond "who took nothing?" unless you were
>>> beginning a comedy routine.

>> Right.

>>> Perceprion exists, that much is obvious. Everything else is guesswork.

>>> ~gassho~-

>> What does ~gassho~ mean?
>> What does "~gassho~" mean/stand for?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhis...s_and_concepts
>
> alphabetical . . . .

a = attack
b = bloody hell! the ****s are attacking back!
c = cwietest as u ever haf been since u left your mammys womb
d = deepest and then deepest again
e = even deeper than deepest
f = ****ing deeper than that
g = go-on! and shut the **** up!
h = holy, holy. holy = he allows me to float
i = we are ignorant of true depth and we pray to you to see us through
j = why doesn't the feckin' Kaleunt call time!

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local

On Aug 1, 8:52 pm, ah > wrote:
> Holly wrote:

> >> m...

> >> Right! And nothing is all there is--which makes it something.

> > Paradoxically the very nature of the word 'nothing' is antithetical to
> > the concept of 'something'. What matters is realizing that in this
> > world you cannot have one without the other. It takes comprehension
> > of the duality to reach a synthesis <Hegel>.

> > Example. I am something yet before my birth I was nothing. Now I
> > have substance (highly arguable) but then I had none. If I fail to
> > embrace the fact that I was not being at certain points in time, I
> > also fail to understand the nature of what I am being now. I am
> > conscious. I was not conscious. I cannot at this point understand
> > not being conscious. It is an oxymoron ... a perceptual pit created
> > by language. Yet, the nature of the human brain appreciates paradox
> > and appreciates duality. In fact, because of this appreciation we
> > cannot, CANNOT "know" absolutes ... one-sided concepts like the word
> > *eternity* *limitless* *forever* all the while being able to use those
> > terms with some semblance of meaning. To describe, to attribute, to
> > define 'one' immediately cause the opposite to emerge.

> >>Language is
> >> too structured and linear to represent reality on that level.

> >> I think you may be confusing nothing with nothingness.

> > I was being flippant. Like saying ...They're both nothing to me.

> >> For example if you have a basket of fruit and someone asks you what's
> >> missing, you might say "It's all still there, nothing was taken." You
> >> wouldn't expect them to respond "who took nothing?" unless you were
> >> beginning a comedy routine.

> > Right.

> >> Perceprion exists, that much is obvious. Everything else is guesswork.

> >> ~gassho~-

> > What does ~gassho~ mean?
> > What does "~gassho~" mean/stand for?

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhis...s_and_concepts
>
> alphabetical . . . .-

Yeah. Thanks. I looked it up. He-he ... you know what I thought?
Guess I can't use that one in the future.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<headers trimmed>

five year cheddar from wisconsin.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.cheese,uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.walking,demon.local
ah ah is offline

Holly wrote:
> On Aug 1, 8:52 pm, ah > wrote:
>> Holly wrote:

>> > Paradoxically the very nature of the word 'nothing' is antithetical to
>> > the concept of 'something'. What matters is realizing that in this
>> > world you cannot have one without the other. It takes comprehension
>> > of the duality to reach a synthesis <Hegel>.

>> > Example. I am something yet before my birth I was nothing. Now I
>> > have substance (highly arguable) but then I had none. If I fail to
>> > embrace the fact that I was not being at certain points in time, I
>> > also fail to understand the nature of what I am being now. I am
>> > conscious. I was not conscious. I cannot at this point understand
>> > not being conscious. It is an oxymoron ... a perceptual pit created
>> > by language. Yet, the nature of the human brain appreciates paradox
>> > and appreciates duality. In fact, because of this appreciation we
>> > cannot, CANNOT "know" absolutes ... one-sided concepts like the word
>> > *eternity* *limitless* *forever* all the while being able to use those
>> > terms with some semblance of meaning. To describe, to attribute, to
>> > define 'one' immediately cause the opposite to emerge.

>> > I was being flippant. Like saying ...They're both nothing to me.

>> > Right.

>> > What does ~gassho~ mean?
>> > What does "~gassho~" mean/stand for?

>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhis...s_and_concepts
>>
>> alphabetical . . . .-

> Yeah. Thanks.

Welcome.

> I looked it up. He-he ... you know what I thought?

Do, tell.

> Guess I can't use that one in the future.

Whyfort?