Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Poor New Jerseyites

According to The Sopranos, anyway.

First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
Logs.

Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing. For one,
they were far too small to be real homemade onion rings. Then they were
clearly breaded instead of battered (there's a Sopranos joke in there
somewhere).

I thought they looked like frozen OR's, and maybe even those pretend kind
that are made from chopped onions. These are the best Joisey has to offer?
Jerseyites must pretty much live on those sandwiches from Satriales.

(BTW apparently the diner in that last scene doesn't even have onion rings
on the menu.)

Anny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Anny Middon wrote:
> According to The Sopranos, anyway.
>
> First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
> Logs.
>
> Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
> the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing.

That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
the food anyhow.

> For one,
> they were far too small to be real homemade onion rings. Then they were
> clearly breaded instead of battered (there's a Sopranos joke in there
> somewhere).

Yeah, they was greased either way.

> I thought they looked like frozen OR's, and maybe even those pretend kind
> that are made from chopped onions. These are the best Joisey has to offer?
> Jerseyites must pretty much live on those sandwiches from Satriales.
>
> (BTW apparently the diner in that last scene doesn't even have onion rings
> on the menu.)

Is this the best *you* have to offer?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Pennyaline > wrote:

> Anny Middon wrote:
> > According to The Sopranos, anyway.
> >
> > First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
> > Logs.
> >
> > Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
> > the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing.

> That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
> the food anyhow.

Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.

Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
who has never seen the Soprano's show.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
> > Anny Middon wrote:
> > > According to The Sopranos, anyway.
> > >
> > > First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing
> > > Lincoln Logs.
> > >
> > > Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion
> > > rings in the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and
> > > unappetizing.

> > That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there
> > for the food anyhow.

> Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
>
> Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United
> States who has never seen the Soprano's show.

I know several blind people who watch more TV than I do. So I've also
never seen it.

--
Dan Goodman
"You, each of you, have some special wild cards. Play with them.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:

> In article >,
> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
> > Anny Middon wrote:
> > > According to The Sopranos, anyway.
> > >
> > > First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
> > > Logs.
> > >
> > > Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
> > > the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing.

> > That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
> > the food anyhow.

> Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
>
> Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
> who has never seen the Soprano's show.

I've never seen it either! Anyway when I lived in NJ way back when, most
of the lower half of the state (area code 609 at the time) seemed to be
owned by Campbell Soup. It's not called the 'Garden State' for nothing.
That and the pharmaceutical companies; good combination!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Arri London >
wrote:

> Stan Horwitz wrote:
> >
> > In article >,
> > Pennyaline > wrote:

> > > That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
> > > the food anyhow.

> > Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
> >
> > Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
> > who has never seen the Soprano's show.

> I've never seen it either! Anyway when I lived in NJ way back when, most
> of the lower half of the state (area code 609 at the time) seemed to be
> owned by Campbell Soup. It's not called the 'Garden State' for nothing.
> That and the pharmaceutical companies; good combination!

We have some very fine restaurants in NJ. One of my favorites, in
Central Jersey, is the Lambertville Station, which is an old inn from
back in the 1700s that also has a great restaurant. They feature a
different wild game meat every day as a special. Last time, I had a
buffalo rib eye steak that was fantastic!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >, Arri London >
> wrote:
>
>> Stan Horwitz wrote:

>> > Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
>> >
>> > Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United
>> > States who has never seen the Soprano's show.

>> I've never seen it either! Anyway when I lived in NJ way back when,
>> most of the lower half of the state (area code 609 at the time) seemed
>> to be owned by Campbell Soup. It's not called the 'Garden State' for
>> nothing. That and the pharmaceutical companies; good combination!

> We have some very fine restaurants in NJ. One of my favorites, in
> Central Jersey, is the Lambertville Station, which is an old inn from
> back in the 1700s that also has a great restaurant. They feature a
> different wild game meat every day as a special. Last time, I had a
> buffalo rib eye steak that was fantastic!

Stan,

You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
Atlantic City.

www.fatburger.com

Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST hamburgers on
the planet.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy said...

>> We have some very fine restaurants in NJ. One of my favorites, in
>> Central Jersey, is the Lambertville Station, which is an old inn from
>> back in the 1700s that also has a great restaurant. They feature a
>> different wild game meat every day as a special. Last time, I had a
>> buffalo rib eye steak that was fantastic!

Stan,

WHOA... I missed that last sentence!

You Buffalo-Mo-Fo!!!

Don't get any better than buffalo!!! Slap a Jersey tomato on top of that and
well, there ain't any closer to heaven on earth!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 22:10:23 -0600, Arri London >
wrote:

>Stan Horwitz wrote:
>>
>> In article >,
>> Pennyaline > wrote:

>> > That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
>> > the food anyhow.

>> Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.
>>
>> Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
>> who has never seen the Soprano's show.

>I've never seen it either!

Ditto about the Soprano's. I didn't see Sex in the City until it went
into reruns last year. Borrrrring! I don't watch it now that I can.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 12, 11:36 am, "Anny Middon" >
wrote:
> According to The Sopranos, anyway.
>
> First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
> Logs.
>
> Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
> the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing. For one,
> they were far too small to be real homemade onion rings. Then they were
> clearly breaded instead of battered (there's a Sopranos joke in there
> somewhere).
>
> I thought they looked like frozen OR's, and maybe even those pretend kind
> that are made from chopped onions. These are the best Joisey has to offer?
> Jerseyites must pretty much live on those sandwiches from Satriales.
>
> (BTW apparently the diner in that last scene doesn't even have onion rings
> on the menu.)

Poor rest of the country, if they believe what they see on TV. It's
not even a diner.

They should have gone out for hot dogs -- Rutt's is right there, and
today you'd be jealous of the culinary mastery of New Jersey.

Anyway, putting down the Garden State's like making fun of fat kids.
Pick a more challenging target -- Jersey never did nothin' to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pete said...

> Poor rest of the country, if they believe what they see on TV. It's
> not even a diner.
>
> They should have gone out for hot dogs -- Rutt's is right there, and
> today you'd be jealous of the culinary mastery of New Jersey.
>
> Anyway, putting down the Garden State's like making fun of fat kids.
> Pick a more challenging target -- Jersey never did nothin' to you.

Rutt's. I saw that showcased on a food tv show. Stuck in a rutt in New
Jersey.

Then there's "The Garden State". How'd they think that up??

And the state fruit is a blueberry? WTF? We in Pennsylvania laughed
ourselves to sleep over that one for months! Should be the Jersey tomato.
Or cranberry, even. Stupid NJ politicians.

That AND they got a state dinosaur! No wonder it went extinct 70 million
years ago.

Then there are those gun laws!

And they ain't got a state song!?? Someone talk to Bruce Springstein or Bon
Jovi?!?

Rutt's... NJ in a nutshell. Can't even do a decent cheesesteak!

And ya better not go runnin' to Pennsylvania when the shit hits the fan.
We'll be armed to the teeth and waiting on the Delaware river if ya do.
You've been warned.

New Jersey--Where New York sent it's Giants and Jets!

LOLOLOL!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Stan,
>
> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
> Atlantic City.
>
> www.fatburger.com
>
> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST
> hamburgers on the planet.
>

> Andy

Fatburger is very good, I agree with you, but they are not cheap.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Becca said...

> Andy wrote:
>
>> Stan,
>>
>> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
>> Atlantic City.
>>
>> www.fatburger.com
>>
>> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST
>> hamburgers on the planet.
>>

>> Andy

> Fatburger is very good, I agree with you, but they are not cheap.
>
> Becca

Becca,

Nope, not cheap. Every burger can't be! Still, a double king Fatburger with
EVERYTHING is the only burger I've ever eaten with a knife and fork. How
absurd!?!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article >,
> Pennyaline > wrote:
>
>> Anny Middon wrote:
>>> According to The Sopranos, anyway.
>>>
>>> First off the Soprano family eats those pathetic and unappetizing Lincoln
>>> Logs.
>>>
>>> Then they go to a diner which has what Tony calls the best onion rings in
>>> the state. And the onion rings look pathetic and unappetizing.

>> That's Jersey for ya, pathetic and unappetizing. No one goes there for
>> the food anyhow.

> Nonsense. We NJites have many fine restaurants from which to chose.

Cripes, Stan! Can't take a joke? My family's from Jersey! I know what's
there.

But to entertain the population that's out of the loop: Jersey is where
you get dumped when you get whacked in New York*.

(Jersey thugs dump elsewhere... don't shit where you eat, as it were)\

> Be that as it may, I wonder if I am the only person in the United States
> who has never seen the Soprano's show.

Nah. I'm sure there must be two or three of you.

* Unless its a Woody Allen movie. Then you get dumped in Red Hook.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Stan,
>
> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
> Atlantic City.
>
> www.fatburger.com
>
> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST hamburgers on
> the planet.

That Fat Burger has stores in NJ is news to me, but I have eaten at one
of their outlets in Las Vegas a couple of times. I thought their burgers
were fine, by kind of expensive. I like In N Out burgers better and they
cost a lot less, but I don't think they have any restaurants in NJ.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Andy said...
>
> >> We have some very fine restaurants in NJ. One of my favorites, in
> >> Central Jersey, is the Lambertville Station, which is an old inn from
> >> back in the 1700s that also has a great restaurant. They feature a
> >> different wild game meat every day as a special. Last time, I had a
> >> buffalo rib eye steak that was fantastic!

> Stan,
>
> WHOA... I missed that last sentence!
>
> You Buffalo-Mo-Fo!!!
>
> Don't get any better than buffalo!!! Slap a Jersey tomato on top of that and
> well, there ain't any closer to heaven on earth!
>
> Andy

Andy, the next time you're in Philly, stop by Joe's Montana Grill. Its
on Broad Street near the Kimmel Center. They feature buffalo. They are a
chain owned by Ted Turner and I believe the meat on their menu is from
his buffalo ranch. The food there is fantastic! I had a buffalo brisket
platter with mashed potatoes that was out of this world when I went
there a couple of months ago.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>
>> Andy said...

>> Stan,
>>
>> WHOA... I missed that last sentence!
>>
>> You Buffalo-Mo-Fo!!!
>>
>> Don't get any better than buffalo!!! Slap a Jersey tomato on top of
>> that and well, there ain't any closer to heaven on earth!
>>
>> Andy

> Andy, the next time you're in Philly, stop by Joe's Montana Grill. Its
> on Broad Street near the Kimmel Center. They feature buffalo. They are a
> chain owned by Ted Turner and I believe the meat on their menu is from
> his buffalo ranch. The food there is fantastic! I had a buffalo brisket
> platter with mashed potatoes that was out of this world when I went
> there a couple of months ago.

I will!

Thanks for the FYI!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz said...

> In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
>

>> Stan,
>>
>> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
>> Atlantic City.
>>
>> www.fatburger.com
>>
>> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST hamburgers
>> on the planet.

> That Fat Burger has stores in NJ is news to me, but I have eaten at one
> of their outlets in Las Vegas a couple of times. I thought their burgers
> were fine, by kind of expensive. I like In N Out burgers better and they
> cost a lot less, but I don't think they have any restaurants in NJ.

In'n'Out in New Jersey??? Think what would happen! A population explosion!
Might even tilt the world axis a few degrees!!!

Careful what you wish for!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 15, 5:26 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> Stan Horwitz said...
>

> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> >> Stan,

> >> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
> >> Atlantic City.

> >>www.fatburger.com

> >> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST hamburgers
> >> on the planet.

> > That Fat Burger has stores in NJ is news to me, but I have eaten at one
> > of their outlets in Las Vegas a couple of times. I thought their burgers
> > were fine, by kind of expensive. I like In N Out burgers better and they
> > cost a lot less, but I don't think they have any restaurants in NJ.

> In'n'Out in New Jersey??? Think what would happen! A population explosion!
> Might even tilt the world axis a few degrees!!!
>
> Careful what you wish for!
>
> Andy

Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
bears the scars to his self-esteem.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> wrote:

> Stan Horwitz said...
>
> > In article >, Andy <q> wrote:
> >

> >> Stan,
> >>
> >> You also have Fatburger. One, somewhere in northern NJ and another in
> >> Atlantic City.
> >>
> >> www.fatburger.com
> >>
> >> Without starting a controversy, they're undoubtedly the BEST hamburgers
> >> on the planet.

> > That Fat Burger has stores in NJ is news to me, but I have eaten at one
> > of their outlets in Las Vegas a couple of times. I thought their burgers
> > were fine, by kind of expensive. I like In N Out burgers better and they
> > cost a lot less, but I don't think they have any restaurants in NJ.

> In'n'Out in New Jersey??? Think what would happen! A population explosion!
> Might even tilt the world axis a few degrees!!!

These days, even if In N Out had a franchise right around the corner
from me, I would seldom go there because I am watching my weight and
eating fast food hamburgers is a once in a great while treat. sigh!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article . com>,
maxine in ri > wrote:

> Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> bears the scars to his self-esteem.

Why did New Jersey get all the toxic waste dumps and Washington DC all
the lawyers? Because New Jersey got first choice!

That was the first joke I was told 11 years ago when I first announced
my decision to friends that I intended to move to NJ.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote

> Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> bears the scars to his self-esteem.

Does he actually pronounce it Joisy? Because that would be the
first one I've heard do so.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

maxine in ri said...

> On Jun 15, 5:26 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> Stan Horwitz said...

hamburgers

>> > That Fat Burger has stores in NJ is news to me, but I have eaten at

one
>> > of their outlets in Las Vegas a couple of times. I thought their

burgers
>> > were fine, by kind of expensive. I like In N Out burgers better and

they
>> > cost a lot less, but I don't think they have any restaurants in NJ.

>> In'n'Out in New Jersey??? Think what would happen! A population

explosion!
>> Might even tilt the world axis a few degrees!!!
>>
>> Careful what you wish for!
>>
>> Andy

> Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> bears the scars to his self-esteem.
>
> maxine in ri

Well I could pick on Rhode Island, New Jersey is only the 47th largest
state, after all.

Hmmm... Rhode Island got a state dino??

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy <q> wrote in :

> Say it how you like.
>
> Dumbest thing is "go down the shore" a term for going to the beach.
>
> What's so wrong about beach?
>
> And the "shore" is so full of shell crumbs! Not your smooth sand
> beaches like in Kalifornia.

Shouldn't that be Kallyforn I A ?

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

hahabogus said...

> Shouldn't that be Kallyforn I A ?

Could be. Just don't call SF "frisco" if ya know what's good for ya!

Andy
Kal King
Los Angeles
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 14, 4:44 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Pete said...
>
> > Poor rest of the country, if they believe what they see on TV. It's
> > not even a diner.

> > They should have gone out for hot dogs -- Rutt's is right there, and
> > today you'd be jealous of the culinary mastery of New Jersey.

> > Anyway, putting down the Garden State's like making fun of fat kids.
> > Pick a more challenging target -- Jersey never did nothin' to you.

> Rutt's. I saw that showcased on a food tv show. Stuck in a rutt in New
> Jersey.
>
> Then there's "The Garden State". How'd they think that up??

Never been off of 95, have you?

> And the state fruit is a blueberry? WTF? We in Pennsylvania laughed
> ourselves to sleep over that one for months! Should be the Jersey tomato.
> Or cranberry, even. Stupid NJ politicians.

Penn-swill-vain-ians have Pittsburg. What does that tell you about
them?

> And they ain't got a state song!?? Someone talk to Bruce Springstein or Bon
> Jovi?!?

I'm from New Jersey and I'm proud about it
I love the Garden State
I'm from New Jersey and I shout about it
I think you're really great
O NJ you're #1!

(A song my husband taught me. Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts)

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 15, 8:13 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "maxine in ri" > wrote
>
> > Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> > bears the scars to his self-esteem.

> Does he actually pronounce it Joisy? Because that would be the
> first one I've heard do so.
>
> nancy

He says "I don't say New Joisy". He is currently sing the Tom
Waites song about NJ.

He says the only place where they pronounce it like that is on Lon
Gyland

OB Food: He just finished making the most delicious waffles in the
world.

maxine in ri
Putting on my running shoes before the folks in LI see this post!<g>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 15, 8:37 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> maxine in ri said...
>

> > On Jun 15, 5:26 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> >> Stan Horwitz said...

> hamburgers

> one

> burgers

> they

> >> In'n'Out in New Jersey??? Think what would happen! A population

> explosion!
> >> Might even tilt the world axis a few degrees!!!

> >> Careful what you wish for!

> >> Andy

> > Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> > bears the scars to his self-esteem.

> > maxine in ri

> Well I could pick on Rhode Island, New Jersey is only the 47th largest
> state, after all.
>
> Hmmm... Rhode Island got a state dino??
>
> Andy

No, but we do have a state mineral and (OB Food) a state bivalve.
And picking on RI is not difficult. Look at the Farrely Brothers and
their movies. Half of them are about RI.
Also, Underdog, the Movie was filmed here last year.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
says...
> On Jun 14, 4:44 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> > Pete said...
> >
> > > Poor rest of the country, if they believe what they see on TV. It's
> > > not even a diner.

> > > They should have gone out for hot dogs -- Rutt's is right there, and
> > > today you'd be jealous of the culinary mastery of New Jersey.

> > > Anyway, putting down the Garden State's like making fun of fat kids.
> > > Pick a more challenging target -- Jersey never did nothin' to you.

> > Rutt's. I saw that showcased on a food tv show. Stuck in a rutt in New
> > Jersey.
> >
> > Then there's "The Garden State". How'd they think that up??

> Never been off of 95, have you?
>
> > And the state fruit is a blueberry? WTF? We in Pennsylvania laughed
> > ourselves to sleep over that one for months! Should be the Jersey tomato.
> > Or cranberry, even. Stupid NJ politicians.

> Penn-swill-vain-ians have Pittsburg. What does that tell you about
> them?
>
> > And they ain't got a state song!?? Someone talk to Bruce Springstein or Bon
> > Jovi?!?

> I'm from New Jersey and I'm proud about it
> I love the Garden State
> I'm from New Jersey and I shout about it
> I think you're really great
> O NJ you're #1!
>
> (A song my husband taught me. Don't blame me, I'm from Massachusetts)
>
> maxine in ri

RI seems to be a magnet for New Jerseyites and Massachusetts residents.
Just like Florida seems to be a magnet for Rhode Islander's. My wiring
is wrong, I don't want to quite that far south. I keep threatening that
I'm going to move to Italy someday.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
says...
> On Jun 15, 8:37 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> > maxine in ri said...

www.fatburger.com

> > hamburgers

> > one

> > burgers

> > they

> > explosion!

> > > Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> > > bears the scars to his self-esteem.

> > > maxine in ri

> > Well I could pick on Rhode Island, New Jersey is only the 47th largest
> > state, after all.
> >
> > Hmmm... Rhode Island got a state dino??
> >
> > Andy

> No, but we do have a state mineral and (OB Food) a state bivalve.
> And picking on RI is not difficult. Look at the Farrely Brothers and
> their movies. Half of them are about RI.
> Also, Underdog, the Movie was filmed here last year.
>
> maxine in ri

Underdog was filmed here, as was Amistad, and now they're filming
Showtime's Brothers series here.

I was working in the State House when they were filming Underdog. What a
pain that was.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article .com>,
says...
> On Jun 15, 8:37 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> > maxine in ri said...

www.fatburger.com

> > hamburgers

> > one

> > burgers

> > they

> > explosion!

> > > Quit pickin' on New Joisy! My DH is originally from there, and still
> > > bears the scars to his self-esteem.

> > > maxine in ri

> > Well I could pick on Rhode Island, New Jersey is only the 47th largest
> > state, after all.
> >
> > Hmmm... Rhode Island got a state dino??
> >
> > Andy

> No, but we do have a state mineral and (OB Food) a state bivalve.
> And picking on RI is not difficult. Look at the Farrely Brothers and
> their movies. Half of them are about RI.
> Also, Underdog, the Movie was filmed here last year.
>
> maxine in ri

Let us also no forget Family Guy. Seth MacFarlane went to school at
RISD.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"maxine in ri" > wrote

> On Jun 15, 8:13 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> Does he actually pronounce it Joisy? Because that would be the
>> first one I've heard do so.

> He says "I don't say New Joisy". He is currently sing the Tom
> Waites song about NJ.

It's funny, since I've married a couple Jersey boys, and lived
and worked a few places here ... no one says Joisey except
outsiders.

> He says the only place where they pronounce it like that is on Lon
> Gyland

Sounds right.

> OB Food: He just finished making the most delicious waffles in the
> world.

Oh, I just adore waffles. I wish he was here.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"T" wrote

> RI seems to be a magnet for New Jerseyites and Massachusetts
> residents. Just like Florida seems to be a magnet for Rhode
> Islander's.

Florida is a magnet for *all* Damn yankees. We need to set up a toll booth.

BOB
Putting a couple of pork butts in the smoker with 2 briskets that have been
in for 3 hours already. Ribs and chicken thighs will follow shortly.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
No Name

In Arizona, at any nice restaurant;

If they've pushed to the front of the line
if they complain loudly about the service,
then complain about the food ( for all to hear )

Invariably, it's being bellowed with a LongIsland accent.

.....take 'em all, Florida !!

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 09:15:48 -0400, " BOB" > wrote:

>"T" wrote
>>
>> RI seems to be a magnet for New Jerseyites and Massachusetts
>> residents. Just like Florida seems to be a magnet for Rhode
>> Islander's.

>Florida is a magnet for *all* Damn yankees. We need to set up a toll booth.
>
>BOB
>Putting a couple of pork butts in the smoker with 2 briskets that have been
>in for 3 hours already. Ribs and chicken thighs will follow shortly.

<rj>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 9:14 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> "maxine in ri" > wrote
>
> > On Jun 15, 8:13 am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> >> Does he actually pronounce it Joisy? Because that would be the
> >> first one I've heard do so.

> > He says "I don't say New Joisy". He is currently sing the Tom
> > Waites song about NJ.

> It's funny, since I've married a couple Jersey boys, and lived
> and worked a few places here ... no one says Joisey except
> outsiders.
>
> > He says the only place where they pronounce it like that is on Lon
> > Gyland

> Sounds right.
>
> > OB Food: He just finished making the most delicious waffles in the
> > world.

> Oh, I just adore waffles. I wish he was here.
>
> nancy

You could always come here<G>.
WWT time~
maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 16, 9:15 am, " BOB" > wrote:
> "T" wrote
>

> > RI seems to be a magnet for New Jerseyites and Massachusetts
> > residents. Just like Florida seems to be a magnet for Rhode
> > Islander's.

> Florida is a magnet for *all* Damn yankees. We need to set up a toll booth.
>
> BOB

Feh! You can keep your hot, muggy, hurricane infested state! I
_like_ 4 seasons and having everything within a day's drive!

And Tony, I grew up in MA and DH grew up in NJ. What are you saying
here...? Remember, I know where you work -- for now<g>.

maxine in ri
with no "Family" connections whatsoever

Poor, poor, unfortunate Sheldon brooklyn1 General Cooking 10 05-02-2010 10:29 PM
Poor Man's Egg Benidict? Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq. General Cooking 1 04-01-2010 08:08 AM
Poor Man's Cake Tim Recipes 0 13-07-2005 10:58 PM
My poor daughter travis General Cooking 14 01-10-2003 09:59 PM