Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New survey on the RFC site: Does stress change your eating habits?

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
Vote now!
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking
KW KW is offline

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> Vote now!
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

2 in a row.....thanks for posting while I'm at lunch!

I'll take the new Biker Helmet please!

KW

Posted to rec.food.cooking

KW wrote:
> "Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>> Vote now!
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> 2 in a row.....thanks for posting while I'm at lunch!
>
> I'll take the new Biker Helmet please!

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

My computer needs to be able to browse the web, transfer email, and
irritate the newsgroups comfortably
- Mark Adams
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sigh> I wish.
I wish I were one of those women who lose their appetite when under a
little stress. I'm one of those folks that thrive on a bit of stress
(hence my job) but it would be handy to lose my appetite once in a
while..... darn it! LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> Vote now!

For me, it depends upon the type of stress. Work stress makes me want to
stuff my face with sweets (and I'm not usually a big sweets eater).
Preferably chocolate. And lots of it. With relationship stress/grief
(grief, as in mourning), I tend to lose my appetite completely.

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> Vote now!

My choice isn't listed. When I get stressed out, I either stress-eat
(that is, eat "comfort foods" whether or not I'm physicall hungry)
or lose interest in food altogether.

During my divorce, I barely ate (or slept, or stopped crying) for
six months, and I lost almost 100 pounds. I don't recommend it.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default New survey on the RFC site: Does stress change your eating h

> GUEST wrote:
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> Vote now!
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Any and all stress leads me to ice cream,
specifically pints of Ben and Jerry's (gotta love it).

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> <sigh> I wish.
> I wish I were one of those women who lose their appetite when under a
> little stress. I'm one of those folks that thrive on a bit of stress
> (hence my job) but it would be handy to lose my appetite once in a
> while..... darn it! LOL

I know you're probably mostly joking, but it can be awful in its own
way. When I lose my appetite due to stress, it can cause nausea,
headaches, and rapid weight loss (which is an unhealthful strain on
the body, especially the heart).

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>> Vote now!

> My choice isn't listed. When I get stressed out, I either stress-eat
> (that is, eat "comfort foods" whether or not I'm physicall hungry)
> or lose interest in food altogether.
>
> During my divorce, I barely ate (or slept, or stopped crying) for
> six months, and I lost almost 100 pounds. I don't recommend it.
>
> Serene

I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I didn't eat
a bite. I hear ya, Serene.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> Serene wrote:
>> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>> Vote now!

>> My choice isn't listed. When I get stressed out, I either stress-eat
>> (that is, eat "comfort foods" whether or not I'm physicall hungry)
>> or lose interest in food altogether.
>>
>> During my divorce, I barely ate (or slept, or stopped crying) for
>> six months, and I lost almost 100 pounds. I don't recommend it.
>>
>> Serene

> I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I
> didn't eat a bite. I hear ya, Serene.
>
> kili

I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and I
didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> Goomba38 wrote:
>>
>> <sigh> I wish.
>> I wish I were one of those women who lose their appetite when under a
>> little stress. I'm one of those folks that thrive on a bit of stress
>> (hence my job) but it would be handy to lose my appetite once in a
>> while..... darn it! LOL

> I know you're probably mostly joking, but it can be awful in its own
> way. When I lose my appetite due to stress, it can cause nausea,
> headaches, and rapid weight loss (which is an unhealthful strain on
> the body, especially the heart).
>
> Serene

I hear ya. I'm in the same boat as you, Serene.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> Serene wrote:
>>>
>>> My choice isn't listed. When I get stressed out, I either stress-eat
>>> (that is, eat "comfort foods" whether or not I'm physicall hungry)
>>> or lose interest in food altogether.
>>>
>>> During my divorce, I barely ate (or slept, or stopped crying) for
>>> six months, and I lost almost 100 pounds. I don't recommend it.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I
>> didn't eat a bite. I hear ya, Serene.
>>
>> kili

> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and
> I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

I didn't binge either! But I was depressed for months. MONTHS. It
happens. Sigh.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> kilikini wrote:

>>> I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I
>>> didn't eat a bite. I hear ya, Serene.
>>>
>>> kili

>> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and
>> I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

> I didn't binge either! But I was depressed for months. MONTHS. It
> happens. Sigh.
>
> kili

Sorry... I simply didn't get depressed while divorcing a loser.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Ha, I lost all the weight when I was married. I went down to 95 lbs
from the stress of being with him. I grew to a normal size once he was
gone.

Now, with todays family fight going on (parents and sister) , I'm eating
mini candy bars and hoping the phone won't ring anymore.

Guess it depends on what the stress is for me.

marcella

> >> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and
> >> I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Guess it depends on what the stress is for me.
>
> marcella

Yep - I think it's the same for me. Some stresses make me want to eat
and others turn my stomach and I can't stand the though of eating.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 13:57:56 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>Goomba38 wrote:
>>
>> <sigh> I wish.
>> I wish I were one of those women who lose their appetite when under a
>> little stress. I'm one of those folks that thrive on a bit of stress
>> (hence my job) but it would be handy to lose my appetite once in a
>> while..... darn it! LOL

>I know you're probably mostly joking, but it can be awful in its own
>way. When I lose my appetite due to stress, it can cause nausea,
>headaches, and rapid weight loss (which is an unhealthful strain on
>the body, especially the heart).

Stress makes me lose my appetite, but nothing more dramatic than
losing a couple of pounds happens. Maybe my genes are too sturdy.

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:57:04 -0500,
lid (JellyBean) wrote:

> stress leads me to ice cream,
>specifically pints of Ben and Jerry's (gotta love it).

which flavor?

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> kilikini wrote:
>> Serene wrote:
>>> My choice isn't listed. When I get stressed out, I either stress-eat
>>> (that is, eat "comfort foods" whether or not I'm physicall hungry)
>>> or lose interest in food altogether.
>>>
>>> During my divorce, I barely ate (or slept, or stopped crying) for
>>> six months, and I lost almost 100 pounds. I don't recommend it.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I
>> didn't eat a bite. I hear ya, Serene.
>>
>> kili

> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and I
> didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

I've never had a loser as a partner. I guess I'm lucky.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:

> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> Vote now!
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

You're missing the MCINL option. Depending on why I'm stressed I may eat
more, or I may loose my appetite and eat less.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

JellyBean wrote:

> > GUEST wrote:
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> > Vote now!
> > --
> > Cheers
> > Chatty Cathy

> Any and all stress leads me to ice cream,
> specifically pints of Ben and Jerry's (gotta love it).

You do know that the Haggen Dasz Bailey's Irish Cream flavor is now
available in pints in the grocery store now don't you?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-06-05, Pete C. > wrote:

> You do know that the Haggen Dasz Bailey's Irish Cream flavor is now
> available in pints in the grocery store now don't you?

Yeah, but it's crap. So much better to take a couple scoops of H-D
vanilla and top with a tablespoon of Bailey's. Even better, 1 tblsp
of Bailey's plus 1 tblsp of Kaluha. Zowie!

nb
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> You do know that the Haggen Dasz Bailey's Irish Cream flavor is now
> available in pints in the grocery store now don't you?

Oh that's a yummy one! I thought it was only available around the
holidays. It must have been popular to be available again this time of
year.

--
Queenie

*** Be the change you wish to see in the world ***
Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:

> For me, it depends upon the type of stress. Work stress makes me
> want to stuff my face with sweets (and I'm not usually a big sweets
> eater). Preferably chocolate. And lots of it. With relationship
> stress/grief (grief, as in mourning), I tend to lose my appetite
> completely.

LOL, exactly same here.
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rose'

Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 15:57:04 -0500,
> lid (JellyBean) wrote:
>
>> stress leads me to ice cream,
>> specifically pints of Ben and Jerry's (gotta love it).

> which flavor?

For me-Cherry Garcia!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob wrote:
> On 2007-06-05, Pete C. > wrote:
>
>> You do know that the Haggen Dasz Bailey's Irish Cream flavor is now
>> available in pints in the grocery store now don't you?

> Yeah, but it's crap. So much better to take a couple scoops of H-D
> vanilla and top with a tablespoon of Bailey's. Even better, 1 tblsp
> of Bailey's plus 1 tblsp of Kaluha. Zowie!

This past Christmas I introduced my friend to SilkNog (which in spite of
being Soymilk, is *seriously* good!) and she in turn introduced me to
SilkNog with Baileys. Wow. What a nice way to start the morning....!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> kilikini wrote:

>>> I couldn't leave my bed for 3 months after my divorce, either. I
>>> didn't eat a bite. I hear ya, Serene.
>>>
>>> kili

>> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating
>> and I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight,
>> either.

> I've never had a loser as a partner. I guess I'm lucky.
>
> Serene

Or young

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:20:52 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>kilikini wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating and
>>> I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight, either.

>> I didn't binge either! But I was depressed for months. MONTHS. It
>> happens. Sigh.
>>
>> kili

>Sorry... I simply didn't get depressed while divorcing a loser.

i bet he was going to disney world!

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:54:37 -0500, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>Serene wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating
>>> and I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight,
>>> either.

>> I've never had a loser as a partner. I guess I'm lucky.
>>
>> Serene

>Or young

or smart.

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Serene wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> I guess I was thrilled at losing the loser. I didn't stop eating
>>> and I didn't lose weight. But I didn't binge and gain weight,
>>> either.

>> I've never had a loser as a partner. I guess I'm lucky.
>>
>> Serene

> Or young

Heh. 40, but I did start late. Had my first relationship when I was 25.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

blake murphy wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:54:37 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> wrote:
>
>> Serene wrote:

>>> I've never had a loser as a partner. I guess I'm lucky.
>>>
>>> Serene

>> Or young
>>

> or smart.

I like the way you think, blake. ;-)

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking
J S J S is offline

I tend to not eat at all when streseed...just coffee...but make up for
it when de-stressed
I,ll take the tin-foil sports hat,very sharp!
<Smitty

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Serene > wrote:

> blake murphy wrote:
> > On Tue, 5 Jun 2007 12:54:37 -0500, "jmcquown" >
> > wrote:

> >> Or young
> >>

> > or smart.

> I like the way you think, blake. ;-)

The first question that pops into my mind when I hear someone
complaining about their ex is, "Then why did you marry this person?".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dan Abel wrote:

> The first question that pops into my mind when I hear someone
> complaining about their ex is, "Then why did you marry this person?".

Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.

A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
such a loser.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:
> Dan Abel wrote:
>>
>> The first question that pops into my mind when I hear someone
>> complaining about their ex is, "Then why did you marry this person?".

> Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.
>
> A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
> such a loser.
>
> Sheldon

Not to mention, people change. I'm certainly not the same person I was in
my 20's. But sometimes (skyhooks can back me up on this!) a person is very
good at hiding what they are really like until after the wedding. It's
almost like the marriage license gives them license to turn into a jackass

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Sheldon wrote:
> > Dan Abel wrote:
> >>
> >> The first question that pops into my mind when I hear someone
> >> complaining about their ex is, "Then why did you marry this person?".

> > Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.
> >
> > A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
> > such a loser.
> >
> > Sheldon

> Not to mention, people change. I'm certainly not the same person I was in
> my 20's. But sometimes (skyhooks can back me up on this!) a person is very
> good at hiding what they are really like until after the wedding. It's
> almost like the marriage license gives them license to turn into a jackass

That's two very good answers to the question. I'm not trying to make a
judgement here, I'm really curious. Not curious enough to ask, of
course.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 6, 1:49?pm, Dan Abel > wrote:
> In article >,
>

> "jmcquown" > wrote:
> > Sheldon wrote:

> > > Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.

> > > A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
> > > such a loser.

> > > Sheldon

> > Not to mention, people change. I'm certainly not the same person I was in
> > my 20's. But sometimes (skyhooks can back me up on this!) a person is very
> > good at hiding what they are really like until after the wedding. It's
> > almost like the marriage license gives them license to turn into a jackass

> That's two very good answers to the question. I'm not trying to make a
> judgement here, I'm really curious. Not curious enough to ask, of
> course.

Most divorces occur due to being much too young at the time of the
marriage to make a committment that requires a fairly high degree of
maturity. But some years later when one develops a degree of maturity
enough to realize they're with the wrong person they are hopefully
intelligent enough to divorce. And many do this a number of times,
because it isn't possible to really know how someone will be within a
marriage until after the marriage anyway. Those who stay with the
wrong person through a lifetime of concealed misery are the real
dummies because it's far smarter to divorce than to martyr ones life
away.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:
>> Dan Abel wrote:
>>>
>>> The first question that pops into my mind when I hear someone
>>> complaining about their ex is, "Then why did you marry this
>>> person?".

>> Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.
>>
>> A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
>> such a loser.
>>
>> Sheldon

> Not to mention, people change. I'm certainly not the same person I
> was in my 20's. But sometimes (skyhooks can back me up on this!) a
> person is very good at hiding what they are really like until after
> the wedding. It's almost like the marriage license gives them
> license to turn into a jackass
>
> Jill

Isn't that the truth, Jill! When I married my ex, it's like I became his
personal property to do with as he chose - and we had been together for
years and were friends for about 10 years before that! He chose to treat me
like a secretary and call me a certain name every day. Then, when he
finally dumped me, he told me he never loved me, but married me because I
had a good head for business. *His* business was doing fine and he didn't
need my free labor anymore. After pulling me across the floor by my hair
and punching me in the face, we were done.

What a nice guy! And I still moped for months! I don't know if I moped
more over the feeling of marriage failure or for the loss of what I thought
was a lifetime career. Thankfully, I got lucky this time around and married
a very supportive man.

kili

Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:

> Isn't that the truth, Jill! When I married my ex, it's like I became his
> personal property to do with as he chose - and we had been together for
> years and were friends for about 10 years before that! He chose to treat me
> like a secretary and call me a certain name every day. Then, when he
> finally dumped me, he told me he never loved me, but married me because I
> had a good head for business. *His* business was doing fine and he didn't
> need my free labor anymore. After pulling me across the floor by my hair
> and punching me in the face, we were done.
>
> What a nice guy! And I still moped for months! I don't know if I moped
> more over the feeling of marriage failure or for the loss of what I thought
> was a lifetime career. Thankfully, I got lucky this time around and married
> a very supportive man.
>
> kili

Good for you, I am glad you found the right person. Your first husband
did not deserve you.

Becca
Posted to rec.food.cooking

kilikini wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>> Sheldon wrote:

>>> Only a loser would think to ask such a dumb question.
>>>
>>> A much smarter question is to ask someone why they stay married to
>>> such a loser.
>>>
>>> Sheldon

>> Not to mention, people change. I'm certainly not the same person I
>> was in my 20's. But sometimes (skyhooks can back me up on this!) a
>> person is very good at hiding what they are really like until after
>> the wedding. It's almost like the marriage license gives them
>> license to turn into a jackass
>>
>> Jill

> Isn't that the truth, Jill! When I married my ex, it's like I became
> his personal property to do with as he chose

Um, maybe that was your perception or his perception. That certainly wasn't
the case. The idea of 'chattel' has been way out of fashion for many years.
Maybe you chose thought it was normal; I certainly didn't.

> - and we had been
> together for years and were friends for about 10 years before that!
> He chose to treat me like a secretary and call me a certain name
> every day. Then, when he finally dumped me, he told me he never
> loved me, but married me because I had a good head for business.
> *His* business was doing fine and he didn't need my free labor
> anymore. After pulling me across the floor by my hair and punching
> me in the face, we were done.

Obviously that would have been the logical course of action. No man was
ever allowed to put a hand on me in anger. The one time he shoved me I got
out of there and never went back except to collect my things (accompanied by
other people). He proceeded to throw furniture around like that was going
to solve anything. A neighbor friend called the cops and they made sure I
was escorted back to my parents' house. I will *never* be someone's
"chattel". Ever. Sorry, but I'm not that old testament.

> What a nice guy! And I still moped for months! I don't know if I
> moped more over the feeling of marriage failure or for the loss of
> what I thought was a lifetime career. Thankfully, I got lucky this
> time around and married a very supportive man.
>
> kili

I'm very sorry you moped. I just felt great relief. I don't *need* a man
in my life to make me feel complete. I had him tossed in jail when he
wouldn't give up even a year and a half after the divorce of trying to get
me back. I didn't lose weight, didn't gain weight. I was under a lot of
stress waiting for his trial for harrassing me, following me, destroying my
property and threatening me. I sure didn't change my eating habits because
of him. Didn't mope, didn't get depressed. I was free.

Jill