Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Boiled Alive !!!

A gruesome death:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml

I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:33:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> A gruesome death:
>>
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>>
>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
> automatically started when the door closed."
>
> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

I wondered about that. I figured maybe they meant it had been
in the middle of a cycle? Why else would a dishwasher start because
it's closed. It's closed all the time unless I'm loading it or unloading
it. My last dishwasher, you forgot to put something in, you opened
it, added it, and just shut the door, it would start back up.

Something doesn't sound right, as Mark said.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:33:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
>> A gruesome death:
>>
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>>
>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
> automatically started when the door closed."
>
> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

Not only that, but it requires just a bit of firm force to push the door
closed so that it latches shut against the door gasket. Unless there was
some sort of handle on the inside of the door, how the heck could an 18
month old toddler close the door with enough force to latch it shut?

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz wrote:

> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:33:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
> > A gruesome death:
> >
> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
> >
> > I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
> automatically started when the door closed."
>
> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

The report I heard on TV said the dishwasher had been
stopped during a cycle, and that the cycle restarted
when the door was closed.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> Steve Wertz wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:33:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>>
>>> A gruesome death:
>>>
>>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>>>
>>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

>> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
>> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
>> automatically started when the door closed."
>>
>> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
>> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

> The report I heard on TV said the dishwasher had been
> stopped during a cycle, and that the cycle restarted
> when the door was closed.

It was stopped during a cycle, which indicates that there were dishes
inside. This just doesn't add up. Given the dishes, the rack spacing, and
the discomfort of the tines, I'm having difficulty believing an 18 month old
would crawl in. Much less have a way of grabbing the door and having the
strength to pull the door hard enough to latch it against the door seals.

--
Dave
www.davebbq.com

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

> Mark Thorson wrote:

> > Steve Wertz wrote:

> >> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
> >> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
> >> automatically started when the door closed."

> >> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
> >> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

> > The report I heard on TV said the dishwasher had been
> > stopped during a cycle, and that the cycle restarted
> > when the door was closed.

> It was stopped during a cycle, which indicates that there were dishes
> inside. This just doesn't add up. Given the dishes, the rack spacing, and
> the discomfort of the tines, I'm having difficulty believing an 18 month old
> would crawl in. Much less have a way of grabbing the door and having the
> strength to pull the door hard enough to latch it against the door seals.

Sounds to me like this might be the new "trend" in getting rid of yer
unwanted rugrats, kind of like "forgetting" about kids that you
"accidentally" leave in a locked car on a broiling hot day (these are
referred to as "'lil sizzlers" )...

--

Best
Greg

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Bugg wrote:

> It was stopped during a cycle, which indicates that there
> were dishes inside. This just doesn't add up.

What else could it be? Everybody knows that
13-year-old boys are the most trustworthy
and thoughtful people. :-(
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> "Arkansas police believe 18-month-old Clifton Kirk crawled into
> his family's dishwasher this past week -- and his brother,
> fascinated with the machine, then closed the door, restarting an
> already activated cycle."
>
> http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=3238204
>
> How is that an "accident" then? That 13-year old needs some, uh,
> counseling.

Yeah. A 13-year old would know to open the door once
the machine started back up. Old enough to know better.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Abe Abe is offline

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 23:47:42 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Steve Wertz" > wrote
>
>> "Arkansas police believe 18-month-old Clifton Kirk crawled into
>> his family's dishwasher this past week -- and his brother,
>> fascinated with the machine, then closed the door, restarting an
>> already activated cycle."
>>
>> http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=3238204
>>
>> How is that an "accident" then? That 13-year old needs some, uh,
>> counseling.

>Yeah. A 13-year old would know to open the door once
>the machine started back up. Old enough to know better.
>
>nancy

I didn't see the older child's age listed in the article. Where did
you see it?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Mark Thorson > wrote:

> A gruesome death:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>
> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

I see a lawsuit pending...
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:54:36 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
rummaged among random neurons and opined:

>I wondered about that. I figured maybe they meant it had been
>in the middle of a cycle? Why else would a dishwasher start because
>it's closed. It's closed all the time unless I'm loading it or unloading
>it. My last dishwasher, you forgot to put something in, you opened
>it, added it, and just shut the door, it would start back up.
>
>Something doesn't sound right, as Mark said.

Nancy, think about it. (a) Look at the inside of your dishwasher door.
You see something that could act as a handle other than the lid on the
soap dispenser? That's the only way a kid could shut the door on
himself and he'd really have to yank it; (b) the drawers of a
dishwasher are just full of spikes and an 18 month old wouldn't fit in
either drawer nor would he find it comfortable or enticing. An 18
month old is a fairly sizeable package - larger than I could fit into
my dishwasher in either drawer, although I shudder to imagine it.

I looked at snopes.com and it's the real deal, but I'd be taking a
real close look at the teenage brother who was at home at the time.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...just sayin'

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

Steve Wertz wrote:

> And the fact that the 18 kid said he "thought i strange that the
> dishwasher was running". If it was in the middle of the cycle,
> then why would he think that unusual?
>
> And why would an 18 month old kids' blanket be doing in the
> kitchen? At that age, they don't crawl around with them.

They run around with them all the time. I have had (and still have)
bankets all over my house.

If the door had a certain type of hinge and pressure was put on it in
just the right way, I could see it flipping closed. The real wierd
thing is how a baby that is a year and a half old is going to climb in
around all the prongs and baskets in the first place. DS has tried to
climb in ours a number of times, but honestly, I don't think he would
have gotten too far.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> A gruesome death:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>
> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13 year old to babysit
a one and a half year old child!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> Mark Thorson wrote:
> > A gruesome death:
> >
> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
> >
> > I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13 year old to
> babysit a one and a half year old child!
>
> Jill

Why-in-the-hell-not?
Get real. Welcome to the real world.
*MOST* 13 year-olds *should* be old and responsible enough for a couple of
hours.
Just because *YOU* still cannot be trusted with anything more than a cat, do
you really thing the whole world is as incompetant as you are. Don't answer
that. You'd only be perpetuating the illusion.

BOB

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote

> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:54:36 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>>I wondered about that. I figured maybe they meant it had been
>>in the middle of a cycle? Why else would a dishwasher start because
>>it's closed. It's closed all the time unless I'm loading it or unloading
>>it. My last dishwasher, you forgot to put something in, you opened
>>it, added it, and just shut the door, it would start back up.
>>
>>Something doesn't sound right, as Mark said.

> Nancy, think about it. (a) Look at the inside of your dishwasher door.
> You see something that could act as a handle other than the lid on the
> soap dispenser?

I'm the wrong person to ask, I have cutlery in the door baskets.
Frankly, I don't know what a child could hold onto, never mind
climb in, reach out to an open door and pull it shut. Not likely.

I confess that I was commenting on my reaction to what I read
in the news, I didn't read the article posted. I kept reading The Maytag
starts automatically when you close it. Okay (I thought), why aren't
they saying that the kid interrupted a cycle?

>That's the only way a kid could shut the door on
> himself and he'd really have to yank it; (b) the drawers of a
> dishwasher are just full of spikes and an 18 month old wouldn't fit in
> either drawer nor would he find it comfortable or enticing.

Yes, I wondered about that as well, but then ... kids. They do
weird stuff.

> I looked at snopes.com and it's the real deal, but I'd be taking a
> real close look at the teenage brother who was at home at the time.

I know machines are quieter and much more insulated than they
used to be, but I'm also thinking ... the older kid had to hear
signs of distress.

I guess things are going on that I'm not reading about, because no
way can the matter just be dropped.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Jun 2, 11:14?pm, Abe wrote:

> I didn't see the older child's age listed in the article.
> Where did you see it?

fourth paragraph:

Clifton Blake Kurk was found dead in his home near the
White County town of Romance at about 1 p.m. Wednesday,
the sheriff's office said. The boy's 13-year-old brother
found him inside the appliance, which was running, authorities
said.

fifth paragraph:

Clark says Kurk's mother was at work and his father asleep
when his 13-year-old brother made the gruesome discovery

Posted to rec.food.cooking

BOB wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>> Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> A gruesome death:
>>>
>>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>>>
>>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

>> Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13 year old to
>> babysit a one and a half year old child!
>>
>> Jill

> Why-in-the-hell-not?
> Get real. Welcome to the real world.
> *MOST* 13 year-olds *should* be old and responsible enough for a
> couple of hours.
> Just because *YOU* still cannot be trusted with anything more than a
> cat, do you really thing the whole world is as incompetant as you
> are. Don't answer that. You'd only be perpetuating the illusion.
>
> BOB

Oh shut the **** up. I decided not to have children but a baby sat plenty
in my day. One reason I decided NOT to have brats like yours, by the way.
The thing that really did it for me was when a 30 something mom told me not
to be afraid to use a wooden spoon on her kid if he got out of hand. EXCUSE
ME?

A 13 year old isn't old enough for anything. The kid probably stuck the
child in the dishwasher then cried wolf after the baby burned to death.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> A 13 year old isn't old enough for anything. The kid probably stuck the
> child in the dishwasher then cried wolf after the baby burned to death.

There are probably a million or more 13 YO babysitters in the world.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 11:15:11 -0400, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"jmcquown" > wrote in message
>> A 13 year old isn't old enough for anything. The kid probably stuck the
>> child in the dishwasher then cried wolf after the baby burned to death.
>>

>There are probably a million or more 13 YO babysitters in the world.

On Yahoo video news.. the local sheriff where this took place says
something to the effect "the 18 month old crawled in and the older
sibling who was fascinated with the dishwasher, closed the door and
the previously set wash cycle started.."
I tried to copy a link but it wouldn't allow it

why not just open the door once it started?

Jill.... take the blue pill

Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> Mark Thorson wrote:
>> A gruesome death:
>>
>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...ional/main2874
>> 724.shtml
>>
>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13
> year old to babysit a one and a half year old child!

really? i used to get *paid* by people to watch thier babies.
i started babysitting at age 12.
lee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

:

>> Mark Thorson wrote:
>>> A gruesome death:
>>>
>>> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...ional/main2874
>>> 724.shtml
>>>
>>> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

>> Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13
>> year old to babysit a one and a half year old child!

> really? i used to get *paid* by people to watch thier babies.
>i started babysitting at age 12.

It's legal for an 11 year old babysit in my state.

That entire story is fishy. No kid, no matter how young or stupid,
will climb into a dishwasher with the racks still in place - he was
put there and was probably already dead at the time.

And dear old sleeping dad.... what was he sleeping off???

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 09:08:49 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> I know machines are quieter and much more insulated than they
>> used to be, but I'm also thinking ... the older kid had to hear
>> signs of distress.

> Maybe the kid put him in there to baffle the cries. Or maybe he
> was on diaper duty that morning and figured this was the best way
> to clean the kid's ass.
>
> You also have to consider that this was a small town in Arkansas
> - a town that isn't even mapped on Mapquest. So the police
> department are probably relatives.
>
> Some pictures:
> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=83313

Watch that first step! is what I'm thinking. Get busy, make some steps.
Place looks new. I guess that's why the older kid was fascinated by the
dishwasher.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Steve Wertz > said:
> On Sat, 02 Jun 2007 17:33:50 -0700, Mark Thorson wrote:
>
> > A gruesome death:
> >
> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
> >
> > I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> "The dishwasher was empty when the child got inside, police said.
> Investigators said the dishwasher was a Maytag model that
> automatically started when the door closed."
>
> Usually there's another step involved when starting a dishwasher,
> otherwise my dishwasher would be running all day and night.

Steve, you quoted the exact same part of this story that
caught my eye. After my initial horror (such an awful thing to
have happen!) I was confused. I can't run my dishwasher unless
it's locked and that can be done via a switch on the outside.
Are people so lazy now that they can't push a button or turn a
knob for themselves? I just can't imagine such a feature is
necessary...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, "jmcquown" > said:
> Mark Thorson wrote:
> > A gruesome death:
> >
> > http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
> >
> > I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

> Where the HELL were the parents?! You don't leave a 13 year old to babysit
> a one and a half year old child!

Heck, when I was 12 years old I was babysitting four kids under
age 7 and their Great Dane named "Thor"...

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

BOB wrote:

> Just because *YOU* still cannot be trusted with anything more than a cat, do
> you really thing the whole world is as incompetant as you are.

That's spelled "incompetent". :-)

Posted to rec.food.cooking
Abe Abe is offline

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 06:34:07 -0700, KevinS > wrote:

>On Jun 2, 11:14?pm, Abe wrote:
>
>> I didn't see the older child's age listed in the article.
>> Where did you see it?

>fourth paragraph:
>
>Clifton Blake Kurk was found dead in his home near the
>White County town of Romance at about 1 p.m. Wednesday,
>the sheriff's office said. The boy's 13-year-old brother
>found him inside the appliance, which was running, authorities
>said.
>
>fifth paragraph:
>
>Clark says Kurk's mother was at work and his father asleep
>when his 13-year-old brother made the gruesome discovery

We must be reading different articles. The link in the original post
was to this article.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=3238204

I don't see any mention of age.

To quote:

Arkansas police believe 18-month-old Clifton Kirk crawled into his
family's dishwasher this past week -- and his brother, fascinated with
the machine, then closed the door, restarting an already activated
cycle.

Preliminary results show scalding water caused Kirk's death Wednesday.

"This is probably the hardest, most emotional scene that these
investigators will ever work," said White County Sherriff's Deputy
Chief Jeremy Clark.

As technology improves and becomes more convenient for adults, a
hidden cost may exist for children.

"There's a difference between refrigerators and dishwashers," said
Julie Valese of the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission. "The
refrigerator safety act put into place safeguards that if a child or
person climbs inside a refrigerator, they must be able to get out.
They must be able to push the door open from the inside. Dishwashers
don't have that same precaution."

Valese said children are living an adult world, and what's convenient
for adults isn't always safe for children.

Even so, Ali Swidler at NYKB Kitchens said safety precautions have
come a long way since the electric outlet cover.

Microwaves and knives can be easily hidden in locked cupboards.
Dishwashers can be disguised as cabinets. And with the touch of a
button or a remote, mom or dad can control any appliance.

But the consumer product safety commission says in the end it all
comes down to parental involvement.

"You should start teaching your children about where hazards exist."
Valese said. "[Parents] need to understand that that's a place just
filled with hazards and should constantly supervise their children."
Posted to rec.food.cooking
Abe Abe is offline

>>> I didn't see the older child's age listed in the article.
>>> Where did you see it?

>>fourth paragraph:
>>
>>Clifton Blake Kurk was found dead in his home near the
>>White County town of Romance at about 1 p.m. Wednesday,
>>the sheriff's office said. The boy's 13-year-old brother
>>found him inside the appliance, which was running, authorities
>>said.
>>
>>fifth paragraph:
>>
>>Clark says Kurk's mother was at work and his father asleep
>>when his 13-year-old brother made the gruesome discovery
>>

>We must be reading different articles. The link in the original post
>was to this article.
>http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Health/story?id=3238204
>
>I don't see any mention of age.

Oh, I see now. It's a different article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml

Never mind. I'm just having a stupid moment.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Abe > said:

<snip>

> Never mind. I'm just having a stupid moment.

That's okay, it happens to the best of us. Why, even to me... ;-)

--
Jani in WA
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Mark Thorson wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>>
>> Just because *YOU* still cannot be trusted with anything more than a
>> cat, do you really thing the whole world is as incompetant as you
>> are.

> That's spelled "incompetent". :-)

Not to mention, cats require a lot more care than kids. They can't tell you
when something hurts. Kids should at least be able to say "DON'T PUT ME IN
THE DISHWASHER" The whole thing is fishy. Accident my ass! The 13 year
old is a serial killer in the making. I wouldn't let him near my cat!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown > wrote:

> The whole thing is fishy. Accident my ass!

The authorities are saying they haven't ruled anything out.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Little Malice" > wrote

> Steve, you quoted the exact same part of this story that
> caught my eye. After my initial horror (such an awful thing to
> have happen!) I was confused. I can't run my dishwasher unless
> it's locked and that can be done via a switch on the outside.
> Are people so lazy now that they can't push a button or turn a
> knob for themselves? I just can't imagine such a feature is
> necessary...

That's just how they are. You shut it and it latches. Doesn't
mean it goes on, though, unless you set it to.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 13:42:17 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> "Steve Wertz" > wrote
>>
>>> Some pictures:
>>> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s...?storyid=83313

>> Watch that first step! is what I'm thinking.

> Not only that, but what kind of inbred morons put two air
> conditioners in one window, while the rest have none?

(laugh) I noticed that. I figured maybe they are both very
undersized for the common area. I even made up a scenario
that the father works nights and that's why he was sleeping.

Benefit of the doubt and all that. It's a terrible thing to happen.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Wertz > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 13:42:17 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:
>
>> "Steve Wertz" > wrote
>>
>>> Some pictures:
>>> http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/s....aspx?storyid=
>>> 83313

>> Watch that first step! is what I'm thinking.

> Not only that, but what kind of inbred morons put two air
> conditioners in one window, while the rest have none? How much
> do you want to bet that dad was sleeping on the couch right under
> those two A/C's?
>
> I hope they at least have a back door. I bet that baby carriage
> is still sitting there today, but now it has a For Sale sign on
> it.
>
> -sw (I know. I'm so insensitive, soemtimes.)

It's a mobile home, those airconditioners could be in different rooms, as
mobile homes have thin inside walls.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote in message

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 18:36:31 +0000 (UTC), Steve Pope wrote:
>
> > jmcquown > wrote:
> >
> > > The whole thing is fishy. Accident my ass!

> > The authorities are saying they haven't ruled anything out.

> I think they're gathering feedback from Usenet on this one. I
> hope we've given them a few avenues of investigation.
>
> -sw

What about the sleeping dad? Where was the 18 month old when he went to
sleep? Was the kid crying, keeping him awake? Is the dishwasher insulated
for sound? So many questions, so little time...

BOB
eating a smoked brisket sandwich, brisket fresh from the Stump's

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mary Pud" > wrote in message

> On Sun, 3 Jun 2007 13:22:16 -0500, jmcquown wrote:
>
> > Not to mention, cats require a lot more care than kids.

Heh. I musta missed that one.

> You must be out of your pea-sized mind. Don't *ever* breed,
> please.
>
> You wouldn't happen to have a brother named Jerry Sauk, would
> you?
>
> -sw

Cats need diapers? Cats need feeding (besides having food in the bowl?)

BOB
<shrug>

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mark Thorson" > wrote in message
>A gruesome death:
>
> http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2007/...n2874724.shtml
>
> I'd be a little suspicious about that 13-year-old.

Why? Nothing in the story indicates ANY reason why there should be any suspicion of
the 13 yr old. Bad enough he was the one to find his baby brother dead, and in such a
gruesome manner. He doesn't need someone who has no first hand knowledge pointing
fingers. Unless there's reason to believe otherwise, how about a little sympathy?

kimberly

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:54:36 -0400, "Nancy Young" >
> rummaged among random neurons and opined:
>
>>I wondered about that. I figured maybe they meant it had been
>>in the middle of a cycle? Why else would a dishwasher start because
>>it's closed. It's closed all the time unless I'm loading it or unloading
>>it. My last dishwasher, you forgot to put something in, you opened
>>it, added it, and just shut the door, it would start back up.
>>
>>Something doesn't sound right, as Mark said.

> Nancy, think about it. (a) Look at the inside of your dishwasher door.
> You see something that could act as a handle other than the lid on the
> soap dispenser? That's the only way a kid could shut the door on
> himself and he'd really have to yank it; (b) the drawers of a
> dishwasher are just full of spikes and an 18 month old wouldn't fit in
> either drawer nor would he find it comfortable or enticing. An 18
> month old is a fairly sizeable package - larger than I could fit into
> my dishwasher in either drawer, although I shudder to imagine it.
>
> I looked at snopes.com and it's the real deal, but I'd be taking a
> real close look at the teenage brother who was at home at the time.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...just sayin'

The father was home too, asleep when the 13 yr old found him. There's no indication
of how long he'd been there when the brother found him. Why not accuse the father
too?

kimberly

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCDbWRzbG1M
"I told you this was easy"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nexis" > wrote in message

> "Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> > On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 20:54:36 -0400, "Nancy Young"
> > > rummaged among random neurons and opined:
> >
> > > I wondered about that. I figured maybe they meant it had been
> > > in the middle of a cycle? Why else would a dishwasher start
> > > because it's closed. It's closed all the time unless I'm loading
> > > it or unloading it. My last dishwasher, you forgot to put
> > > something in, you opened it, added it, and just shut the door, it
> > > would start back up.
> > >
> > > Something doesn't sound right, as Mark said.

> > Nancy, think about it. (a) Look at the inside of your dishwasher
> > door. You see something that could act as a handle other than the
> > lid on the soap dispenser? That's the only way a kid could shut the
> > door on himself and he'd really have to yank it; (b) the drawers of
> > a dishwasher are just full of spikes and an 18 month old wouldn't
> > fit in either drawer nor would he find it comfortable or enticing.
> > An 18 month old is a fairly sizeable package - larger than I could
> > fit into my dishwasher in either drawer, although I shudder to
> > imagine it. I looked at snopes.com and it's the real deal, but I'd be
> > taking a
> > real close look at the teenage brother who was at home at the time.
> >
> > Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd...just sayin'
> >

> The father was home too, asleep when the 13 yr old found him. There's
> no indication of how long he'd been there when the brother found him.
> Why not accuse the father too?

I think that I just mentioned the same thing in another post.

BOB
great minds and all that?