Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Location, location, location!???

TRUE.

The "NEW" UPLAND DINER.
Fine Dining at Diner Prices!

"Located just steps from the Chrozer Chester Medical Center."

Hmmm...

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> TRUE.
>
> The "NEW" UPLAND DINER.
> Fine Dining at Diner Prices!
>
> "Located just steps from the Chrozer Chester Medical Center."
>
> Hmmm...
>
> Andy

Hmmm back atcha. Back in my home town, the local doctor's office was next
door to the funeral home.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Felice Friese" > wrote:
> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> TRUE.
>>
>> The "NEW" UPLAND DINER.
>> Fine Dining at Diner Prices!
>>
>> "Located just steps from the Chrozer Chester Medical Center."
>>
>> Hmmm...
>>
>> Andy

> Hmmm back atcha. Back in my home town, the local doctor's office was next door
> to the funeral home.

Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was the McDonalds
inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I guess that's called a symbiotic
relationship? ;-)

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
> "Felice Friese" > wrote:
>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> TRUE.
>>>
>>> The "NEW" UPLAND DINER.
>>> Fine Dining at Diner Prices!
>>>
>>> "Located just steps from the Chrozer Chester Medical Center."
>>>
>>> Hmmm...
>>>
>>> Andy

>> Hmmm back atcha. Back in my home town, the local doctor's office was next
>> door to the funeral home.

> Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was the
> McDonalds inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I guess that's
> called a symbiotic relationship? ;-)
> --
> wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Hope they've worked out some sort of commission.

Felice

Posted to rec.food.cooking

McDonald's isn't all bad... http://www.rmhc.org/rmhc/index.html

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote
> McDonald's isn't all bad... http://www.rmhc.org/rmhc/index.html

Yes, that's true. They're only bad when you're talking about actually
eating the FOOD, hahaha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article <3tJ6i.6494$3B1.498@trnddc08>,
"wff_ng_7" > wrote:

> "Felice Friese" > wrote:
> > "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> >> TRUE.
> >>
> >> The "NEW" UPLAND DINER.
> >> Fine Dining at Diner Prices!
> >>
> >> "Located just steps from the Chrozer Chester Medical Center."
> >>
> >> Hmmm...
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Hmmm back atcha. Back in my home town, the local doctor's office was next
> > door
> > to the funeral home.

> Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was the McDonalds
> inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I guess that's called a symbiotic
> relationship? ;-)

Why are people amazed by such things? Pick a hospital, funeral home, or
cemetery in any densely populated area and odds are probably around 100%
that you can find a hospital or doctor's office a short distance away.

Heck, a couple of months ago, I attended a funeral at a cemetery just
north of Philadelphia where there is an old age home, several doctors'
offices, and a few restaurants within walking distance.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article <3tJ6i.6494$3B1.498@trnddc08>,
> "wff_ng_7" > wrote:

>> > Hmmm back atcha. Back in my home town, the local doctor's office was
>> > next
>> > door
>> > to the funeral home.

>> Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was the
>> McDonalds
>> inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I guess that's called a
>> symbiotic
>> relationship? ;-)

> Why are people amazed by such things? Pick a hospital, funeral home, or
> cemetery in any densely populated area and odds are probably around 100%
> that you can find a hospital or doctor's office a short distance away.
>
> Heck, a couple of months ago, I attended a funeral at a cemetery just
> north of Philadelphia where there is an old age home, several doctors'
> offices, and a few restaurants within walking distance.

One reason why I really hate northeastern cities. (And I was BORN and raised
in a northeastern city, so I am entitled to my opinion. I paid my dues.)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, "cybercat" >
wrote:

> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> > In article <3tJ6i.6494$3B1.498@trnddc08>,

> >> Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was the
> >> McDonalds
> >> inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I guess that's called a
> >> symbiotic
> >> relationship? ;-)

> > Why are people amazed by such things? Pick a hospital, funeral home, or
> > cemetery in any densely populated area and odds are probably around 100%
> > that you can find a hospital or doctor's office a short distance away.
> >
> > Heck, a couple of months ago, I attended a funeral at a cemetery just
> > north of Philadelphia where there is an old age home, several doctors'
> > offices, and a few restaurants within walking distance.

> One reason why I really hate northeastern cities. (And I was BORN and raised
> in a northeastern city, so I am entitled to my opinion. I paid my dues.)

How's that any different then cities outside of the northeast such as
Detroit, Denver, Salt Lake City, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, or
Seattle?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Stan Horwitz wrote:
> In article >, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message

>>>Why are people amazed by such things? Pick a hospital, funeral home, or
>>>cemetery in any densely populated area and odds are probably around 100%
>>>that you can find a hospital or doctor's office a short distance away.
>>>
>>>Heck, a couple of months ago, I attended a funeral at a cemetery just
>>>north of Philadelphia where there is an old age home, several doctors'
>>>offices, and a few restaurants within walking distance.

>>One reason why I really hate northeastern cities. (And I was BORN and raised
>>in a northeastern city, so I am entitled to my opinion. I paid my dues.)

> How's that any different then cities outside of the northeast such as
> Detroit, Denver, Salt Lake City, Chicago, Houston, Los Angeles, or
> Seattle?

Sorry to say you cant' get a decent corned beef on rye in
Seattle, let alone a sour or a half sour pickle.

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sd sd is offline

In article >,
Stan Horwitz > wrote:

> > Another good one I saw on a TV news report a few years ago was
> > the McDonalds inside a hospital's heart surgery building. I
> > guess that's called a symbiotic relationship? ;-)

> Why are people amazed by such things? Pick a hospital, funeral
> home, or cemetery in any densely populated area and odds are
> probably around 100% that you can find a hospital or doctor's
> office a short distance away.

How about a Weight Watchers right next door to an AYCE buffet?

Until a couple of years ago, there was a Weight Watchers in the
Midway Shopping Center here, right next door to the Great Lake
("Chinese") Buffet. The WW moved to the YMCA further down the street
and the Great Lake has become Peking Garden (actually, one of the
better Chinese restaurants in town). Note to self: take the picture
when you see it!

sd

great location Peter Lucas General Cooking 2 13-10-2010 06:20 AM
Best Barbecue Restaurant Location Hovdv Barbecue 6 26-06-2006 09:05 PM
rfp faq location? ~patches~ Preserving 1 04-10-2005 08:20 PM
FAQ location gw Sourdough 9 16-02-2005 06:25 PM