Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Looking for foolproof hard boiled egg recipe!!!

Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
was very blubbery and undercooked.

Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?

-Thanks!

HARD BOILED EGGS - TIPS FROM EGG PRODUCERS <<<
Eggs cooked in the shell are commonly referred to as "boiled", but
should never be boiled. Cooking at high temperatures or for too long at
any temperature causes hard-cooked eggs with tough, rubbery egg whites
and dark rings around the yolks. Cooking, not boiling, is the secret to
perfect eggs.

For easier peeling, use eggs that have been in your refrigerator the
longest because the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel.
Chill eggs thoroughly in cold water as soon as cooking is completed. To
peel, crackle shell by tapping all over, then roll egg between your
hands to loosen the shell. Begin peeling at the large end where the air
cell is located. Hold egg under cold running water or dip in a bowl of
water to help ease off the shell.

To prevent eggs from cracking, gently puncture the large end of the egg
with a pin before cooking in the shell. If eggs do crack, add salt to
the water to help prevent them from leaking. Cracking is less likely to
occur when using the cold water method.

Hard-cooked eggs can be stored either in the shell or peeled for up to a
week in the refrigerator. Peeled hard-cooked eggs are best stored in a
plastic storage bag or an airtight plastic container. Keep an extra
dozen on hand for quick meals or snacks, salads, sandwiches, casseroles
and garnishes.

Here are two methods they mentioned for hard-cooking eggs:

COLD WATER METHOD

Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water to a depth of one inch
(2.5 cm) over the top of the eggs. Bring just to boiling then remove
from heat to prevent further boiling. Let eggs stand in hot water until
cooked as desired: 1 to 4 minutes for soft-cooked, 20 to 25 minutes for
hard-cooked.

Cool soft-cooked eggs for a few seconds in cold water to stop further
cooking. Cool hard-cooked eggs immediately and thoroughly in cold
running water for 2 minutes. (This helps eggs to peel more easily and
prevents a green ring from forming around the yolk.)

HOT WATER METHOD

Lower eggs in a pot of boiling water (water should cover eggs by one
inch, 2.5 cm) and remove pot from heat. Cover tightly and let stand
until eggs are cooked as desired: 6 to 8 minutes for soft-cooked and 20
to 25 minutes for hard cooked.

Cool soft-cooked eggs for a few seconds in cold water to stop further
cooking. Cool hard-cooked eggs immediately and thoroughly in cold
running water for 2 minutes. (This helps eggs to peel more easily and
prevents a green ring from forming around the yolk.)

Eggs purchased for hard boiling and peeling should be left in the refrig. at
least one full week. I leave mine in the refrig. for 10 days as a matter of
fact. I never have a problem with peeling. The reason that older eggs peel
than new eggs is that the new eggs have less air in them, so the egg
is all the way up to the shell when it's cooked.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

somebody wrote:
> Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
> boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
> consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
> boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
> covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
> water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
> except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
> was very blubbery and undercooked.
>
> Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
> someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
> so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?

I have never had trouble with this method:

Put eggs and cold water to boil over high heat (covered boils
faster, but it doesn't matter). When the water is at a rolling boil,
cover the pot and take it off the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes for
hard boiled (3 minutes for soft boiled). Drain. Run under cold
water until cool enough to handle. Peel, starting with the big end.

Serene
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene > wrote:

>somebody wrote:

>> Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
>> boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
>> consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
>> boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
>> covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
>> water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
>> except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
>> was very blubbery and undercooked.
>>
>> Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
>> someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
>> so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?

>I have never had trouble with this method:

You're at sea level. At elevation the water would not be
hot enough.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2007 12:08:16 -0700, Serene >
wrote:

>I have never had trouble with this method:
>
>Put eggs and cold water to boil over high heat (covered boils
>faster, but it doesn't matter). When the water is at a rolling boil,
>cover the pot and take it off the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes for
>hard boiled (3 minutes for soft boiled). Drain. Run under cold
>water until cool enough to handle. Peel, starting with the big end.
>
>Serene

This is the method I use as well. I very rarely have problems with
it. The only difference with mine, is that I just let the eggs sit
for 10-11 minutes.

Where I am living now, at a mile high altitude, I have to give the
eggs a few more minutes, but the process still works.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Christine Dabney > wrote in
:

> On Sun, 27 May 2007 12:08:16 -0700, Serene >
> wrote:
>

>>I have never had trouble with this method:
>>
>>Put eggs and cold water to boil over high heat (covered boils
>>faster, but it doesn't matter). When the water is at a rolling boil,
>>cover the pot and take it off the heat. Let sit for 12 minutes for
>>hard boiled (3 minutes for soft boiled). Drain. Run under cold
>>water until cool enough to handle. Peel, starting with the big end.
>>
>>Serene

> This is the method I use as well. I very rarely have problems with
> it. The only difference with mine, is that I just let the eggs sit
> for 10-11 minutes.
>
> Where I am living now, at a mile high altitude, I have to give the
> eggs a few more minutes, but the process still works.
>
> Christine

When I bought myself as an xmas gift several years ago; an electric veggie
steamer, I found it came with a egg steamer tray. Since I tried that tray I
have never gone back. I steam hard boiled eggs for 20 minutes and allow to
cool. I find these fairly easy to peel, if I need to peel eggs right then.
The easiest to peel is if they sit over night in the fridge.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"somebody" > wrote in message
. ..
> Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
> boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
> consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
> boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
> covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
> water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
> except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
> was very blubbery and undercooked.

No it wasn't, it was perfect. You like your hardboiled eggs
overcooked. So boil the hell out of them for 20 minutes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2007 15:31:01 -0400, "cybercat" >
wrote:

>No it wasn't, it was perfect. You like your hardboiled eggs
>overcooked. So boil the hell out of them for 20 minutes.

It depends as Steve Pope said, on the altitude. Things take longer to
cook at higher elevations,cause water boils at a lower temperature.
Even so, I think 20 minutes is a long time.

I live in Albuquerque NM, which is a mile above sea level. Things
that take me an hour to cook at sea level, may take me at least a half
hour to an hour longer to get to the same done part.

I have had to really work with some of my recipes, to get them to turn
out as they do at sea level, and some times it is really frustrating.
Sometimes I have given them more time, or cooked them at a higher
temperature (according to the literature on cooking at higher
elevations), and they are still underdone. Very frustrating.

Christine, looking for articles on high altitude cooking to give to NM
Cook-in attendees.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2007-05-27, Steve Pope > wrote:

> You're at sea level. At elevation the water would not be
> hot enough.

HARD BOILED

I'm at sea level and it's never worked for me and I've tried it half a
dozen times extending the post boil wait each time. Still no go.
Always undercooked. OTOH, I always buy extra large eggs. Maybe it
only works with large or smaller eggs. Regardless, I quit messing
with it and just cook the eggs for 14-16 minutes at a medium boil.
Works every time. I also don't see the big deal with a little grey on
the outside of the yolk. It's not enough to discolor the remainder of
the all yellow yolk for things like deviled eggs.

SOFT BOILED

Again, using extra large eggs, I place them in already boiling water
for exactly 4-1/2 mins. I then remove and set aside to rest for about
4-5 mins before serving. Perfect soft boiled eggs everytime, with the
white 99% cooked and the yolk nice and runny. I prefer soft boiled to
poached in water.

nb

Posted to rec.food.cooking

somebody wrote:

> Since this method does not seem to work as advertised,
> can someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard
> boil eggs, so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?

Have you tried microwaving them on "high"?

BOOM !!! :-)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

notbob > wrote:

>On 2007-05-27, Steve Pope > wrote:

>> You're at sea level. At elevation the water would not be
>> hot enough.

>HARD BOILED

>I'm at sea level and it's never worked for me and I've tried it half a
>dozen times extending the post boil wait each time. Still no go.
>Always undercooked. OTOH, I always buy extra large eggs. Maybe it
>only works with large or smaller eggs.

Did you let the eggs come up to room temperature first?

In any case, it's equally easy to just boil the eggs.

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2007 15:03:11 -0400, somebody > wrote:

>Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
>boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
>consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
>boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
>covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
>water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
>except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
>was very blubbery and undercooked.
>
>Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
>someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
>so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?
>
>-Thanks!

The following method works for even the freshest eggs.

Put eggs in colander in a pot, or in a steamer. Add an inch or two of
water, not touching eggs.
Cover pot, bring water to a boil, time for 10 minutes, turn off heat
and let sit covered for another 10 minutes. Then, fill pot with cold
water. Take eggs one by one, crack all over with back of spoon and put
back into water. Start peeling once all eggs have been cracked.

Ross.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

somebody wrote:
> [...]
>
> Lower eggs in a pot of boiling water (water should cover eggs by one
> inch, 2.5 cm) and remove pot from heat. Cover tightly and let stand
> until eggs are cooked as desired: 6 to 8 minutes for soft-cooked and 20
> to 25 minutes for hard cooked.
>
> Cool soft-cooked eggs for a few seconds in cold water to stop further
> cooking. Cool hard-cooked eggs immediately and thoroughly in cold
> running water for 2 minutes. (This helps eggs to peel more easily and
> prevents a green ring from forming around the yolk.)
>

> Eggs purchased for hard boiling and peeling should be left in the refrig. at
> least one full week. I leave mine in the refrig. for 10 days as a matter of
> fact. I never have a problem with peeling. The reason that older eggs peel
> than new eggs is that the new eggs have less air in them, so the egg
> is all the way up to the shell when it's cooked.

I use the cold water method and leave the eggs standing in the pot with
the lid on for fifteen minutes. Never fail to get good hard boiled eggs.
Saw an Alton Brown show where he recommended standing the carton of eggs
on its side overnight to center the yolk if you are going to boil them
for devilled eggs. Tried it and that works too. YMMV

George

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"notbob" > wrote

> I'm at sea level and it's never worked for me and I've tried it half a
> dozen times extending the post boil wait each time. Still no go.
> Always undercooked. OTOH, I always buy extra large eggs. Maybe it
> only works with large or smaller eggs.

Perhaps. I am also at or darned near sea level, the method
works perfectly for me.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"somebody" > wrote in message
. ..
> [...]
> until eggs are cooked as desired: 6 to 8 minutes for soft-cooked and 20
> to 25 minutes for hard cooked.
>
> Cool soft-cooked eggs for a few seconds in cold water to stop further
> cooking. Cool hard-cooked eggs immediately and thoroughly in cold
> running water for 2 minutes. (This helps eggs to peel more easily and
> prevents a green ring from forming around the yolk.)
>

> Eggs purchased for hard boiling and peeling should be left in the refrig.

at
> least one full week. I leave mine in the refrig. for 10 days as a matter

of
> fact. I never have a problem with peeling. The reason that older eggs

peel
> than new eggs is that the new eggs have less air in them, so the egg
> is all the way up to the shell when it's cooked.

================
This is how I boil my eggs to a hard boil all the time, and they always come
out perfect.
Place the eggs in a pan of cold water.
Turn the heat on under the pan.
Allow the water to come to hard boil.
Turn off the heat under the pan.
Set the timer for 20 minutes.
I never cover the pan.
Remove pan from heat and let sit for 20 minutes.
Empty the hot water from the pan and replace with a little cold water.
Bang the eggs around in the pan a little to crack the shells and then either
peel them open starting with a dessert spoon at the tip of the egg or let
them cool and then put them in the fridge with the shells on after banging
them around to crack the shells.
Rolling the cold eggs around on the counter with the palm of your hand will
also crack the shells of the hard boiled eggs. My friend uses that method;
I use the banging around the pan method.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"George Shirley" > wrote
> Saw an Alton Brown show where he recommended standing the carton of eggs
> on its side overnight to center the yolk if you are going to boil them for
> devilled eggs. Tried it and that works too. YMMV

Who ever would have thought of that! Cool.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

somebody then wrote:
> > ...Basically you bring a pot of water to a
> > boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
> > covered for 20 - 25 minutes...
> > When I went to peel the first egg, it
> > was very blubbery and undercooked.

The difference being when the eggs are added.

I've used the first method many times.

Dave S

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dave S" > wrote in message
.. .
> Somebody wrote:
>> > egg producers group, or
>> > consortium, or whatever wrote:
>> > COLD WATER METHOD
>> > ,,,Place eggs in a pot and cover with cold water to a depth of one inch
>> > (2.5 cm) over the top of the eggs. Bring just to boiling then remove
>> > from heat to prevent further boiling. Let eggs stand in hot water until
>> > cooked as desired: 1 to 4 minutes for soft-cooked, 20 to 25 minutes for
>> > hard-cooked...

> somebody then wrote:
>> > ...Basically you bring a pot of water to a
>> > boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
>> > covered for 20 - 25 minutes...
>> > When I went to peel the first egg, it
>> > was very blubbery and undercooked.

> The difference being when the eggs are added.
>
> I've used the first method many times.

Me too. It gives me perfect hard cooked eggs, firm all the way through, no
green around the yoke.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Christine Dabney" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 27 May 2007 15:31:01 -0400, "cybercat" >
> wrote:
>

>>No it wasn't, it was perfect. You like your hardboiled eggs
>>overcooked. So boil the hell out of them for 20 minutes.
>>

> It depends as Steve Pope said, on the altitude. Things take longer to
> cook at higher elevations,cause water boils at a lower temperature.
> Even so, I think 20 minutes is a long time.

Well, covering the eggs in water, bringing the water to a boil,
covering the pot and removing from heat, leaving for 20 minutes
then plunging into cold and shelling has resulted in perfect
hardcooked eggs with no green around the yoke in Baltimore,
PA, Houston, TX, Florence Italy, Orlando Florida, Richmond,
Virginia, Cape Cod MA, Bum**** Kentucky, Chattanooga,
Tennessee, Georgetown, DC, NYC, NY, Someplace in
New Jersey not worth remembering the name of, and at least
several other insignificant places. Maybe they are all at the same
altitude. *shrug*

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"somebody" > wrote in message
. ..
> Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
> boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
> consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
> boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
> covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
> water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
> except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
> was very blubbery and undercooked.
>
> Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
> someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
> so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?
>
> -Thanks!

Did you notice that neither method mentions how many eggs are involved? Now,
think of this: If you had a pot of hot water (never mind HOW hot), and you
dropped in one ice cube, would that ice cube affect the temperature of the
water less than if you dropped in a dozen ice cubes?

With this thought in mind, you should be able to figure out which of the two
methods would work best (hot water or cold water method).

Posted to rec.food.cooking
-L. -L. is offline

somebody wrote:
> Since this method does not seem to work as advertised, can
> someone please recommend a foolproof way to hard boil eggs,
> so they won't be undercooked or overcooked?
>
> -Thanks!

> HARD BOILED EGGS - TIPS FROM EGG PRODUCERS <<<
> Eggs cooked in the shell are commonly referred to as "boiled", but
> should never be boiled. Cooking at high temperatures or for too long at
> any temperature causes hard-cooked eggs with tough, rubbery egg whites
> and dark rings around the yolks. Cooking, not boiling, is the secret to
> perfect eggs.

<eyeball roll> Overcooking causes this - not boiling.

> For easier peeling, use eggs that have been in your refrigerator the
> longest because the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel.

Not in my experience.

> Chill eggs thoroughly in cold water as soon as cooking is completed. To
> peel, crackle shell by tapping all over, then roll egg between your
> hands to loosen the shell. Begin peeling at the large end where the air
> cell is located. Hold egg under cold running water or dip in a bowl of
> water to help ease off the shell.
>
> To prevent eggs from cracking, gently puncture the large end of the egg
> with a pin before cooking in the shell. If eggs do crack, add salt to
> the water to help prevent them from leaking. Cracking is less likely to
> occur when using the cold water method.

Cracked eggs crack. Eggs with an intact shell will not crack.

Here is my method for hard-cooking eggs:

COLD WATER METHOD

Place large eggs in a heavy-bottomed pot and cover with cold water to
a depth of one inch
(2.5 cm) over the top of the eggs. Bring to boiling, turn to a low
simmer, and contiune to cook uncovered for 12 minutes. If cooking
more than 4 eggs, cook an additional 5 minutes per two eggs. If
cooking jumbo eggs, increase time by 1 minute per egg.

Do it a few times a week - never fails. My "softish" boiled eggs I
cook only 7 minutes. I don't like them runny.

-L.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 28, 4:17 am, "-L." > wrote:
> somebody wrote:
>

> > For easier peeling, use eggs that have been in your refrigerator the
> > longest because the fresher the egg, the more difficult it is to peel.

> Not in my experience.

Your experience? Everybody knows that you use older eggs for hard
boiled because they peel easier. Everyone except you, I guess.

> -L.

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 27, 1:49 pm, notbob > wrote:

> OTOH, I always buy extra large eggs.

I always buy jumbos because I like eggs best lightly basted or over
easy/medium. The goal is 100% of the white hard, and nearly all the
yolk liquid. The lower surface area to volume ratio of the jumbo's
yolks maximizes the chances of achieving that.

> nb

--Bryan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Peter A" > wrote

> Eggs in a pan with cold water to twice the height of the eggs. Bring to
> a boil (but never let it reach a rapid, rolling boil. Cover, remove from
> heat, sit 20 minutes. Cool rapidly under running water.

And it works at ANY altitude except maybe Outer Space!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 27 May 2007 15:03:11 -0400, somebody > wrote:

>Okay, I just tried using the "hot water method" listed below to hard
>boil a dozen eggs. This method is from the egg producers group, or
>consortium, or whatever. Basically you bring a pot of water to a
>boil, remove the pot from the heat, add the eggs, and let sit
>covered for 20 - 25 minutes. Then you run them under cold tap
>water for 2 minutes to prevent further cooking. Sounds great,
>except it didn't work. When I went to peel the first egg, it
>was very blubbery and undercooked.

Hi Some,

The method you describe works in part because the water continues to
cook the eggs after removing from heat. However, with a dozen eggs
and, say, a quart of water, there's not enough residual heat to do the
cooking. For a dozen eggs I would use at least a gallon of water in
a stockpot, to give better circulation of the water.

If memory serves, there is a French food scientist who has
investigated the cooking of eggs. IIRC he found that it's the
temperature, much more than the time, and a hard-cooked egg needs to
be brought to a particular temperature (65 deg C? I don't recall) and
kept there for a minimum time. His point was that longer cooking at
that particular temperature does not generate further changes in the
egg's texture.

Best -- Terry

Posted to rec.food.cooking

cybercat wrote:
> "Peter A" > wrote
>> Eggs in a pan with cold water to twice the height of the eggs. Bring to
>> a boil (but never let it reach a rapid, rolling boil. Cover, remove from
>> heat, sit 20 minutes. Cool rapidly under running water.
>>

> And it works at ANY altitude except maybe Outer Space!

I disagree, as do others....

<quote>
Is Egg Cookery Affected at High Altitudes?
Yes, it can take longer to cook eggs at high altitudes, especially those
cooked in boiling water such as poached and hard-cooked eggs. Because
water boils at a lower temperature at high altitudes, hard-cooked eggs
will take longer to prepare. It will most likely take longer to hard
cook eggs at high altitudes than at sea level.

</quote>

http://www.fsis.usda.gov/Fact_Sheets...ty/index.asp#9

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 29 May 2007 19:03:24 +0200, Chatty Cathy
> wrote:

>cybercat wrote:
>> "Peter A" > wrote

>> And it works at ANY altitude except maybe Outer Space!

>I disagree, as do others....
>
><quote>
>Is Egg Cookery Affected at High Altitudes?
>Yes, it can take longer to cook eggs at high altitudes, especially those
>cooked in boiling water such as poached and hard-cooked eggs. Because
>water boils at a lower temperature at high altitudes, hard-cooked eggs
>will take longer to prepare. It will most likely take longer to hard
>cook eggs at high altitudes than at sea level.

I am going to test this out when I go back to Albuquerque. I am
thinking a potato salad with eggs is in order when I get back: I will
be getting back just in time for 4th of July.
I am thinking I could cook the eggs with one coming out at my usual
length of time (for sea level) and maybe the others coming out a few
minutes later. I tend to like my eggs fully cooked, but still very
moist. At sea level I cook them about 10-11 minutes after I turn off
the heat.

Christine
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> cybercat wrote:
>> "Peter A" > wrote
>>> Eggs in a pan with cold water to twice the height of the eggs. Bring to
>>> a boil (but never let it reach a rapid, rolling boil. Cover, remove from
>>> heat, sit 20 minutes. Cool rapidly under running water.
>>>

>> And it works at ANY altitude except maybe Outer Space!

> I disagree, as do others....
>
> <quote>
> Is Egg Cookery Affected at High Altitudes?
> Yes, it can take longer to cook eggs at high altitudes, especially those
> cooked in boiling water such as poached and hard-cooked eggs. Because
> water boils at a lower temperature at high altitudes, hard-cooked eggs
> will take longer to prepare. It will most likely take longer to hard cook
> eggs at high altitudes than at sea level.

Right. So I have the magic touch that manages great hard cooked
eggs below sea level in Houston and way up in the mountains in
Christiansburg. I'll buy that.

It makes as much sense as a 125 post thread about how to boil
an egg.

*shaking my head*