Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Imitation Pizza & Imitation Bread (with pics)

Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

I made the crust with my starter and the portion I used was about 1/2 cup water
and 3/4 cup flour. I also used an additional 2/3 cup water and about 2 cups of
flour, plus a small amount of salt and a small amount of olive oil to keep the
dough from sticking to the rising bowl. I let is rise at room temperature for
about 7 hours.

Then I preheated the oven for an hour to 500 degrees F. I rolled out the dough
on parchment, brushed it with olive oil, and spread the homemade tomato sauce
over it. Then I did my toppings, which were an odd bunch: green peppers, onions,
eggplant, canned California black olives, and pepperoni. Then some oregano and
shredded mozzarella cheese. I turned the oven down to 400 degrees and slid the
pizza on parchment onto the baking stone and baked it for about 22 minutes.

Here's a couple of pictures, before and after putting on the cheese.
Unfortunately there is no picture of the baked pizza because the batteries in
the camera went dead and I didn't have any spares. The pizza is about 13 inches
in diameter.

http://i11.tinypic.com/6253q0o.jpg
http://i18.tinypic.com/4r8g20z.jpg

The new addition to the pizza was eggplant. I never thought of that before, but
I had some left over and decided to put it on the pizza, chopped into 1/3 inch
cubes. It came out quite well, though I doubt I'd buy eggplant specifically to
use as a pizza topping.

I also made imitation bread a couple of days ago. The bread was also made with
my starter and no yeast. I put in chopped sun dried tomatoes and canned chopped
California black olives. I've been making bread with those two ingredients for a
few years. The last couple of times I've added about a teaspoon of Penzey's
Balti seasoning which goes well with the tomatoes and olives. I topped the bread
with poppy seeds. Sorry for the poor focus on the second photo.

http://i17.tinypic.com/6aj936s.jpg
http://i17.tinypic.com/6exxy89.jpg

On both the pizza dough and the bread dough, I don't really measure the flour.
For me, the important measurement is the water (or other liquid), and I add
flour until I get the consistency I'm looking for. Both doughs were fairly wet,
the pizza dough more so than the bread dough.

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
> Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
> otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)

Grovel much?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"cybercat" > wrote :

> "wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
>> Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
>> otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)
>>

> Grovel much?

No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if you will.

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
> "cybercat" > wrote :
>>
>> "wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
>>> Tonight I made imitation pizza. I'm calling it "imitation" pizza because
>>> otherwise I know Sheldon will say it is not "real" pizza! ;-)
>>>

>> Grovel much?

> No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if you
> will.

The best thing to do with a miserable asshole like Sheldon is to proceed as
though his input has the value it really has--none at all.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default cyberSQUAT = rfc's Rosie 'O Donnell...??? (WAS: Imitation Pizza & Imitation Bread (with pics)

cyberSQUAT whinges:

> "wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
> > "cybercat" > wrote :
> >>
> >> "wff_ng_7" > wrote in message

because

> >> Grovel much?

> > No, I just want to head him off at the pass... a preemptive strike, if

you
> > will.
> >

> The best thing to do with a miserable asshole like Sheldon is to proceed

as
> though his input has the value it really has--none at all.

Step in "it" much, dear...???

--
Best
Greg

Imitation crab? Polly Esther[_2_] General Cooking 49 10-07-2011 09:33 PM
Using imitation butter forsautéing? Kent General Cooking 18 12-05-2006 10:55 PM
imitation escargot?(snails) Debbie Baking 14 08-09-2004 02:50 AM
Imitation Food Mojav Restaurants 45 01-01-2004 06:13 AM
Imitation crabmeat Kingman Wylie General Cooking 0 22-10-2003 10:46 PM