Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Zucchini Bread Recipe needed

Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
special.

DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.

This is the recipe I used. Anyone have a better one? TIA

Zucchini Nut Loaf

1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
1 egg
1/4 cup cooking oil
1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg,
baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another mixing bowl beat
together sugar, shredded zucchini, and egg. Add oil and lemon peel;
mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in
chopped nuts. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf
pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or
till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf
overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
> I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
> ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
> special.
>
> DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.
>
> This is the recipe I used. Anyone have a better one? TIA
>
> Zucchini Nut Loaf
>
> 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
> 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
> 1 egg
> 1/4 cup cooking oil
> 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
>
> In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg,
> baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another mixing bowl beat
> together sugar, shredded zucchini, and egg. Add oil and lemon peel;
> mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in
> chopped nuts. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf
> pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or
> till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
> minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf
> overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

Seek out Larry's Light Zucchini Bread and Larry's Dark Zucchini Bread
recipes on Recipe Source. They are both fantastic. Work very well with
1/2 the oil subbed with applesauce for lower cal/fat too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
> I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
> ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
> special.
>
> DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.
>
> This is the recipe I used. Anyone have a better one? TIA
>
> Zucchini Nut Loaf
>
> 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
> 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
> 1 egg
> 1/4 cup cooking oil
> 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
>
> In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg,
> baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another mixing bowl beat
> together sugar, shredded zucchini, and egg. Add oil and lemon peel;
> mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in
> chopped nuts. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf
> pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or
> till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
> minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf
> overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

It's too late to go hunt, but the last time I made it the recipe called for
ground coriander as the only spice. It's very flowery and it's what makes it
different from all the other quick sweet breads.
HTH
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
> I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
> ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
> special.
>
> DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.
>
> This is the recipe I used. Anyone have a better one? TIA
>
> Zucchini Nut Loaf
>
> 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
> 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
> 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
> 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
> 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
> 1/2 teaspoon salt
> 1 cup sugar
> 1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
> 1 egg
> 1/4 cup cooking oil
> 1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
> 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
>
> In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg,
> baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another mixing bowl beat
> together sugar, shredded zucchini, and egg. Add oil and lemon peel;
> mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in
> chopped nuts. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf
> pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or
> till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
> minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf
> overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

=================

This is my recipe. It is very good and very easy.

ZUCCHINI BREAD

Makes two loaves
3 eggs
1 tsp. each: salt, soda, cinnamon
2 tsps. vanilla
1/2 tsp. each: nutmeg, cloves
1/4 tsp. baking powder
2 cups grated raw zucchini
1 cup oil
3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 cup nuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients together.
Grease and flour two pans.
Bake at 325 deg. for one hour.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
> Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
> I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
> ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
> special.
>
> DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.

Carl Goh's Zucchini Bread from James Beard's Bread Cookbook
(modified to be lower-fat) Makes two loaves

3 eggs (or Egg Beaters)
1 1/2 c. granulated sugar
(this has already been reduced--don't reduce much further!)
1 c. vegetable oil (I use 1/3 cup oil plus 2/3 c. applesauce)
2 c. coarsely grated raw zucchini
3 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg, pinch of cloves and allspice
1 c. coarsely chopped pecans (or walnuts)
raisins, optional (we don't like 'em)

Grease well and flour two 9 inch loaf pans.
Sift together flour, leavenings, and spices, set aside.
Beat eggs till light and foamy, stir in sugar, vanilla, and oil,
mixing well. Add dry ingredients gradually while still stirring to
combine Add zucchini, mix well, then nuts. Pour into pans.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for ~60 minutes or until a tester
comes out clean. Cool on rack about 15 minutes, then remove from pan
and continue to cool until room temperature. Wrap securely. Serve
sliced, spread with cream cheese.

This bread freezes very well. It's great for breakfast, wonderful with
cream cheese.
------------

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

writes:
>Does anyone have an awesome Zucchini Bread recipe?
>I made the below recipe and it was ok but I had tasted it many years
>ago and I remember it being delicious. What I made was nothing
>special.
>
>DH is allergic to nuts, so I omitted the walnuts in the below recipe.
>
>This is the recipe I used. Anyone have a better one? TIA
>
>Zucchini Nut Loaf
>
>1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
>1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
>1/2 teaspoon baking soda
>1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
>1/4 teaspoon baking powder
>1/2 teaspoon salt
>1 cup sugar
>1 cup finely shredded unpeeled zucchini
>1 egg
>1/4 cup cooking oil
>1/4 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
>1/2 cup chopped walnuts
>
>In mixing bowl, stir together flour, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg,
>baking powder, and salt; set aside. In another mixing bowl beat
>together sugar, shredded zucchini, and egg. Add oil and lemon peel;
>mix well. Stir flour mixture into zucchini mixture. Gently fold in
>chopped nuts. Turn batter into a greased and floured 8x4x2-inch loaf
>pan. Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes or
>till wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10
>minutes. Remove from pan; cool thoroughly on rack. Wrap and store loaf
>overnight before slicing. Makes 1 loaf.

double the cinnamon and vanilla, add 1/4 t. ground cloves and
consider substituting some of the zucchini with shredded carrot

I would use less nutmeg too

Posted to rec.food.cooking
RLN RLN is offline

The recipe Puester posted would be my choice. The only addition I would
make would be 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper. A delicious accident when I
thought I grabbed the cinnamon while making zucchini bread. (Paula
Dean's recipe) When I realised my mistake I thought, why not? It was
excellent. Of course still add the cinnamon.

Atsirk

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Zucchini Bread Recipe/// Chocolate Zuccini Loaf

"RLN" > wrote in message
> The recipe Puester posted would be my choice. The only addition I would
> make would be 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper. A delicious accident when I
> thought I grabbed the cinnamon while making zucchini bread. (Paula
> Dean's recipe) When I realised my mistake I thought, why not? It was
> excellent. Of course still add the cinnamon.
>
> Atsirk
>=============

The following is the zucchini bread that I made. Special note - you can
replace the cinnamon with Chinese 5-Spice powder for a slightly different
version that is equally delicious. Obviously if you have nut allergies or
simply don't like them - they can be an optional ingredient. You may notice
that this recipe has less oil than most yet it will be very moist because of
the addition of the banana.

Chocolate Zucchini Loaf

3 c Flour
1/4 c Cocoa
1 TBSP Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Salt
2 c Sugar
3 Eggs
1/2 c Oil
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Banana
2 c grated Zucchini
1 c chopped Nuts
1 c Semi-sweet Chocolate chips or chunks

Heat oven to 350. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pans. In large bowl, combine
Flour, cocoa, cinnamon, Baking POWDER & SODA, & Salt. Mix well and set
aside. In medium bowl, combine Sugar & Eggs; beat well. Add Oil, vanilla &
Banana; beat until combined. Stir in Zucchini and add FLOUR Mixture. Stir
until just moistened. Stir in Nuts & Chocolate Pour into pans & bake 55-60
min. Cool in Pans for 10 min. Then finish on racks.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> Chocolate Zucchini Loaf

this sounds great - I'm going to try it! Anyone know how many average
sized zucchini's make up 2 cups grated zucchini?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sharon V wrote:

>> Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
>>

> this sounds great - I'm going to try it! Anyone know how many average
> sized zucchini's make up 2 cups grated zucchini?

According to foodsubs.com (a great site), 1 medium zucchini = 1 cup
sliced, so it's probably close to that for grated.

Serene

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
> Sharon V wrote:
>>

>>> Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
>>>

>> this sounds great - I'm going to try it! Anyone know how many average
>> sized zucchini's make up 2 cups grated zucchini?

> According to foodsubs.com (a great site), 1 medium zucchini = 1 cup
> sliced, so it's probably close to that for grated.
>
> Serene

thanks, and thanks for the site! It looks, at first glance, like a very
interesting site.

Sharon
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 28, 8:26 am, "Rick Hackett" > wrote:
> "RLN" > wrote in message

> > The recipe Puester posted would be my choice. The only addition I would
> > make would be 1-2 tsp of cayenne pepper. A delicious accident when I
> > thought I grabbed the cinnamon while making zucchini bread. (Paula
> > Dean's recipe) When I realised my mistake I thought, why not? It was
> > excellent. Of course still add the cinnamon.

> > Atsirk
> >=============

> The following is the zucchini bread that I made. Special note - you can
> replace the cinnamon with Chinese 5-Spice powder for a slightly different
> version that is equally delicious. Obviously if you have nut allergies or
> simply don't like them - they can be an optional ingredient. You may notice
> that this recipe has less oil than most yet it will be very moist because of
> the addition of the banana.
>
> Chocolate Zucchini Loaf
>
> 3 c Flour
> 1/4 c Cocoa
> 1 TBSP Cinnamon
> 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
> 1 tsp Baking Soda
> 1 tsp Salt
> 2 c Sugar
> 3 Eggs
> 1/2 c Oil
> 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
> 1 Banana
> 2 c grated Zucchini
> 1 c chopped Nuts
> 1 c Semi-sweet Chocolate chips or chunks
>
> Heat oven to 350. Grease two 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pans. In large bowl, combine
> Flour, cocoa, cinnamon, Baking POWDER & SODA, & Salt. Mix well and set
> aside. In medium bowl, combine Sugar & Eggs; beat well. Add Oil, vanilla &
> Banana; beat until combined. Stir in Zucchini and add FLOUR Mixture. Stir
> until just moistened. Stir in Nuts & Chocolate Pour into pans & bake 55-60
> min. Cool in Pans for 10 min. Then finish on racks.

My ex MIL gave me that recipe- it's really good!

Posted to rec.food.cooking
KIB KIB is offline

Zucchini Bread Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Difficulty: Easy
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 2 loaves
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs, beaten
1/3 cup water
2 cups grated zucchini
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine flour, salt, nutmeg,
baking soda, cinnamon and sugar. In a separate bowl, combine oil, eggs,
water, zucchini and lemon juice. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and
fold in. Bake in 2 standard loaf pans, sprayed with nonstick spray, for 1
hour, or until a tester comes out clean. Alternately, bake in 5 mini loaf
pans for about 45 minutes.