Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Grocery Store... score?

After all the posts about grilling and BBQ I decided I *will* grill ribs on
May 31st. Found a nice looking 4 lb. rack at a reasonable price ($1.67/lb).
I prefer dry ribs (but hey, nb! feel free to drench them in sauce if you
want!). I brush them lightly with oil then rub them simply with S&P,
granulated garlic and oregano. Slow roast them indirectly over medium-hot
coals, watching and turning them, until the ribs practically wiggle free of
the meat. That's when you know they are done This is the only meat I
like "well done" but even then you can't say it is so because there is still
pink in the middle. They just know when to wiggle!

I also picked up yellow and zucchini squash to throw on the grill. Those I
grill with a similar simple preparation (oil, S&P) but I wouldn't recommend
putting BBQ sauce on squash

While at the store I found a couple of nice lamb loin chops, also at a
reasonable price. They went into the freezer for another time.

And since the cube steak thread I've got a craving for country fried steak
with cream gravy. So I grabbed a package of cube steaks; they also went
into the freezer. I'll have to go back for the cream to make the gravy.
I'll also want to do mashed potatoes and fresh snap beans; the combination
seem to naturally go with CFS!

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

: After all the posts about grilling and BBQ I decided I *will* grill ribs on
: May 31st. Found a nice looking 4 lb. rack at a reasonable price ($1.67/lb).
: I prefer dry ribs (but hey, nb! feel free to drench them in sauce if you
: want!). I brush them lightly with oil then rub them simply with S&P,
: granulated garlic and oregano. Slow roast them indirectly over medium-hot
: coals, watching and turning them, until the ribs practically wiggle free of
: the meat. That's when you know they are done This is the only meat I
: like "well done" but even then you can't say it is so because there is still
: pink in the middle. They just know when to wiggle!

If the meat is still pink in the middle, then there's NO WAY that they are
done enough for the meat to easily come off the bone. Those are certainly
not well done - they're rare to medium-rare. With a properly done pork rib,
the meat will come off the bone with a gentle tug, but that takes long
cooking at low temperatures.