Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default News About The 2nd Avenue Deli

I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.

http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan wrote:
> Pambo forced margaret suran > to post this
> at: rec.food.cooking:
>
>> I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
>>
>> http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

> Looks like quite an undertaking. The E 33rd addy could be interesting. I
> hope they're open the next time I get up your way. Do you know of any
> estimated opening date by chance? The article did not mention it, unless I
> missed it.
>
> Michael

You missed it. It says the plan is to open in about five months. I
hope that you will come to visit before that. )
Posted to rec.food.cooking

margaret suran said...

> I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
>
> http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

That address puts the new 2nd Avenue Deli somewhere between Lexington Ave.
and 3rd Ave. It's going to sound strange OR at least confusing.

I wonder if they'll name it the "Off 2nd Avenue Deli"?

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> margaret suran said...
>
>> I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
>>
>> http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

> That address puts the new 2nd Avenue Deli somewhere between Lexington Ave.
> and 3rd Ave. It's going to sound strange OR at least confusing.
>
> I wonder if they'll name it the "Off 2nd Avenue Deli"?

If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

Heh...I grew up about an hour and a half from there. We always competed
against them in swim meets.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"MareCat" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
>> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
>> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

> Heh...I grew up about an hour and a half from there. We always competed
> against them in swim meets.

One time I was driving, coincidentally enough, to Michigan, when I
stopped at a rest stop. After I got going again, after going a bunch of
miles, I saw a sign, Jersey Shore however many miles. I thought, how
the *hell* did I get turned around, this sucks. I just added at least an
hour to the trip. I was happy to find out it was just a big old
Pennsylvania practical joke.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> margaret suran said...
>>
>>> I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
>>>
>>> http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

>> That address puts the new 2nd Avenue Deli somewhere between Lexington

Ave.
>> and 3rd Ave. It's going to sound strange OR at least confusing.
>>
>> I wonder if they'll name it the "Off 2nd Avenue Deli"?

> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!
>
> nancy

Well... Coney Island hot dogs on the Manhattan side of the East river maybe
OR Jersey Shore on the PA side of the Delaware river might better match the
plight of the 2nd Avenue Deli. Still, the 2nd Avenue Deli on 33rd & 3rd?
That's almost embarrassing UNLESS they call it...

"The Second 2nd Avenue Deli on 33rd Near Third Avenue"

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan > wrote:

>Looks like quite an undertaking. The E 33rd addy could be interesting. I

This has been rumoured for about a year.

The E 33 address places it pretty close to Sarge's.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young said...

> "MareCat" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
>>> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
>>> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

>> Heh...I grew up about an hour and a half from there. We always competed
>> against them in swim meets.

> One time I was driving, coincidentally enough, to Michigan, when I
> stopped at a rest stop. After I got going again, after going a bunch of
> miles, I saw a sign, Jersey Shore however many miles. I thought, how
> the *hell* did I get turned around, this sucks. I just added at least an
> hour to the trip. I was happy to find out it was just a big old
> Pennsylvania practical joke.
>
> nancy

Sorry about that! I'd've warned ya!

Here's another roadtrip practical joke. In 2003, my friend and I were
taking a cross over from the 101 FWY to the Pacific Coast Highway in
northern California.

We were driving merrily along and in the middle of the woods a small town
came into view. As we were driving past it, a billboard across the road,
lit up with spotlights, read "WELCOME to Mark's Bar & Bistro!"

WTF??? Where'd the road go??? We couldn't figure how we were somehow
misdirected into Mark's parking lot. We braked and "WHAT?" then noticing
the double yellow line continue into the darkness, we realized the goof!!!
We laughed for the next few miles. When you're the Mayor and you happen to
also own the Bistro!??

Friggin' Kalifornia! LOL!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> > margaret suran said...
> >
> >> I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
> >>
> >> http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

> > That address puts the new 2nd Avenue Deli somewhere between Lexington Ave.
> > and 3rd Ave. It's going to sound strange OR at least confusing.
> >
> > I wonder if they'll name it the "Off 2nd Avenue Deli"?

> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

Yup. I agree. If anything, it'll just make passerby curious about the
name.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "MareCat" > wrote
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
>>> can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
>>> Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

>> Heh...I grew up about an hour and a half from there. We always competed
>> against them in swim meets.

> One time I was driving, coincidentally enough, to Michigan, when I
> stopped at a rest stop. After I got going again, after going a bunch of
> miles, I saw a sign, Jersey Shore however many miles. I thought, how
> the *hell* did I get turned around, this sucks. I just added at least an
> hour to the trip. I was happy to find out it was just a big old
> Pennsylvania practical joke.

LOL! I've always been baffled by the name of that town. Why in the world
would a town in central PA get named Jersey Shore??

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 26, 12:45 pm, Andy <q> wrote:
> Nancy Young said...
>

> > "Andy" <q> wrote in ...
> >> margaret suran said...

> >> That address puts the new 2nd Avenue Deli somewhere between Lexington

> Ave.
> >> and 3rd Ave. It's going to sound strange OR at least confusing.

> >> I wonder if they'll name it the "Off 2nd Avenue Deli"?

> > If they can have Coney Island hot dogs in Michigan, I think people
> > can deal with 2nd Avenue Deli being on 3rd. Heh. I mean,
> > Jersey Shore in the middle of Pennsylvania? Come on!

> > nancy

> Well... Coney Island hot dogs on the Manhattan side of the East river maybe
> OR Jersey Shore on the PA side of the Delaware river might better match the
> plight of the 2nd Avenue Deli. Still, the 2nd Avenue Deli on 33rd & 3rd?
> That's almost embarrassing UNLESS they call it...
>
> "The Second 2nd Avenue Deli on 33rd Near Third Avenue"
>

> Andy-

That's right near where a friend of mine used to have an occult
shop.

maxine in ri

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 26 May 2007 12:40:21 GMT, margaret suran
> rummaged among random neurons and
opined:

>I just found this, while looking for another restaurant.
>
>http://eater.com/archives/2007/05/pl...he_ne.php#more

Are they going to keep the name "2nd Ave. Deli" if they're going to be
on 33rd? The "2nd Ave. Deli" is sure name recognition.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"MareCat" > wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> >
> > "MareCat" > wrote
> >
> >> "Nancy Young" > wrote

> >> Heh...I grew up about an hour and a half from there. We always competed
> >> against them in swim meets.

> > One time I was driving, coincidentally enough, to Michigan, when I
> > stopped at a rest stop. After I got going again, after going a bunch of
> > miles, I saw a sign, Jersey Shore however many miles. I thought, how
> > the *hell* did I get turned around, this sucks. I just added at least an
> > hour to the trip. I was happy to find out it was just a big old
> > Pennsylvania practical joke.

> LOL! I've always been baffled by the name of that town. Why in the world
> would a town in central PA get named Jersey Shore??

It was a joke. Really. No kidding!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "MareCat" > wrote:
>
>> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "MareCat" > wrote

>> > One time I was driving, coincidentally enough, to Michigan, when I
>> > stopped at a rest stop. After I got going again, after going a bunch
>> > of
>> > miles, I saw a sign, Jersey Shore however many miles. I thought, how
>> > the *hell* did I get turned around, this sucks. I just added at least
>> > an
>> > hour to the trip. I was happy to find out it was just a big old
>> > Pennsylvania practical joke.

>> LOL! I've always been baffled by the name of that town. Why in the world
>> would a town in central PA get named Jersey Shore??

> It was a joke. Really. No kidding!

Really? Do you know the history of the town and how it got its name? (I
guess I could Google the information, but I'm just being lazy right now...)

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"MareCat" > wrote:

> "Stan Horwitz" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> LOL! I've always been baffled by the name of that town. Why in the world
> >> would a town in central PA get named Jersey Shore??

> > It was a joke. Really. No kidding!

> Really? Do you know the history of the town and how it got its name? (I
> guess I could Google the information, but I'm just being lazy right now...)

I did know at one time, but I have forgotten the details. Pennsylvania
is known for towns with unique names such as Lititz and Intercourse.