FoodBanter.com

-   -   FDA: farmed fish "safe" (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/124535-fda-farmed-fish-safe.html)

Steve Pope 24-05-2007 06:11 PM

FDA: farmed fish "safe"

After releasing melamine pork for sale to the public, the FDA
is now saying melamine fish is safe:

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...051705459.html

How 'BOUT them FEDS?????

Steve

JoeSpareBedroom 24-05-2007 06:14 PM

farmed fish "safe"

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> After releasing melamine pork for sale to the public, the FDA
> is now saying melamine fish is safe:
>
> http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...051705459.html
>
> How 'BOUT them FEDS?????
>
> Steve

I'm sure their "science" was in no way related to politics, or business
persons calling in favors of friends for whom they purchased positions in
government. And, I'm the next queen of Denmark.

wff_ng_7 24-05-2007 06:56 PM

farmed fish "safe"

"Steve Pope" > wrote in message
> After releasing melamine pork for sale to the public, the FDA
> is now saying melamine fish is safe:
>
> http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...051705459.html
>
> How 'BOUT them FEDS?????

That may very well be true, but...
How 'BOUT them Chinese?????

As if the melamine fiasco wasn't enough, here's two more within the last day or
so, one involving toothpaste and the other monkfish:

Toothpaste
http://www.wtopnews.com/index.php?nid=111&sid=1149260

Monkfish
http://www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls...hang05_07.html

Kinda makes you wanna swear off eating... and brushing your teeth! ;-)

Next thing we know, we'll probably find out those nonstick frying pans aren't
really made out of teflon after all, but some clever Chinese toxic substitute.

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

notbob 24-05-2007 07:09 PM

FDA: farmed fish "safe"

On 2007-05-24, Steve Pope > wrote:
> After releasing melamine pork for sale to the public, the FDA
> is now saying melamine fish is safe:

Yeah, like I trust the FDA. Besides, up till now my objections
haven't been what effect farmed salmon has on consumer so much as the
effect salmon farming has on the surrounding ecology. It's really
screwing things up and I refuse to support it.

nb

Food Snob 25-05-2007 01:26 PM

FDA: farmed fish "safe"

On May 24, 12:09 pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2007-05-24, Steve Pope > wrote:
>
> > After releasing melamine pork for sale to the public, the FDA
> > is now saying melamine fish is safe:

> Yeah, like I trust the FDA. Besides, up till now my objections
> haven't been what effect farmed salmon has on consumer so much as the
> effect salmon farming has on the surrounding ecology. It's really
> screwing things up and I refuse to support it.

Also, farmed salmon is not as enjoyable to eat.

> nb

--Bryan