Old 24-05-2007, 04:24 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Default ROGER'S GOLDEN SYRUP

I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

Thanks for any help

--
Helen
in

Old 24-05-2007, 04:54 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

Thanks for any help

There is contact info here, perhaps if you phone:
http://www.rogerssugar.com/overview/management.html

Why can't it be Lyle's Golden Syrup?

Sheldon

Old 24-05-2007, 07:52 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:

I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

I live in Ontario and I have never seen it in stores here. The only sugar
syrup the stores around her carry is Lyles.
Old 24-05-2007, 10:43 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote in news:f34anf$4ek$1
@registered.motzarella.org:

I'm in a bind folks. I can't find Roger's Golden Syrup anywhere near
where I live.

Anyone know of a way to get my hands on some?

This would be mainly for Canadians. I'ts produced in BC and I live in
Ontario.

Thanks for any help

Safeway carries it...Aren't there safeways in BC?
BC, well Victoria, has hugely been influenced by the brits over the years
so Golden syrup has got to be there somwwhere.

BC Facts...the BC Government had it's own submarines before the Canadian
Government had any.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Elbonian Folklore

Old 25-05-2007, 08:35 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
syrup into a different container. duh

You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
leeze! Sheesh!

And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
a vile and totally useless human being you are.

Sheldon

Sheldon

Old 26-05-2007, 05:06 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

What?! I was so happy to see those bottles. I HATE the cans.
I guess I'd better pick up as many bottles as I can find!!!!

--
Jean B.

Old 26-05-2007, 10:49 PM posted to alt.cookies.yum.yum.yum,alt.cooking-chien,alt.military.retired.recipes,rec.food.baking,rec.food.cooking

Sheldon wrote:

"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:
Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

And here I thought you'd say something intelligent like the products
taste differently, or that Roger's costs substantially less, but no,
your's is the dumbest reason ever. What's so difficult about pouring
syrup into a different container. duh

You actually want folks to do your shopping and mail you care packages
because you're too lazy to pour syrup into a squeeze bottle, puh-
leeze! Sheesh!

And just like a newbie I see you're cross posting all over usenet...
but rather than remove all those Newsgroups except for rfc I'll just
leave them there so everyone can see how very ignorant, lazy, and what
a vile and totally useless human being you are.

"Is MOMPEAGRAM crying...???"

chuckle/

--
Best
Greg

Old 27-05-2007, 02:24 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

MOMPEAGRAM wrote:
Wish I could!

Not clear that I can find them either. :-( I will look though.

--
Jean B.
Old 27-05-2007, 06:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

In article ,
"MOMPEAGRAM" wrote:

[followups set to rec.food.cooking]

Lyles comes in a can and doesn't keep long. They tried a plastic bottle
but went back to the can. I prefer the bottle.

Doesn't keep? It's sugar! I've had golden syrup in a can that's lasted
for years and years. If it crystallises, heat it gently (still in the
can) and it'll melt again.

Miche

--
In the monastery office --
Before enlightenment: fetch mail, shuffle paper