Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Shocking food fact

Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?

=:-o

Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!

TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM said...

> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
> =:-o
>
> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

OH!!! Girl Scout Cookie time again!?!?

KEWL!!!

Andy
[brushing teeth in anticipation]
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote:
> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
> =:-o
>
> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories. Problem
is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wff_ng_7 wrote:

> "TammyM" > wrote:
> > Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?

> Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories.
> Problem is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

If I allot a certain number of calories
for pleasure, I'm going to make the best
use of those calories that I can. Nothing
less than a 70% dark chocolate bar will do.
In cookies and mints, all the extra sugar
and starch is just wasted calories that
could have been chocolate.

Ya gotta look at these things scientifically.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:19 -0700, "TammyM" >
wrote:

>Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
>=:-o
>
>Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
>flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
>TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

And this a worry why? Don't worry about it. Eat 2 them jump up and
down 3 times to burn it off and don't eat bread at lunch. Eat and
drink what you like. If you can't enjoy life, why bother with it. None
of us is getting off this planet alive anyways.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:38:58 GMT, "wff_ng_7" >
wrote:

>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?

>Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories. Problem
>is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

Ahh, but did you know that two Samosa cookies weigh 1.1 oz, where four
Thin Mints only weigh 1 oz? As it turns out, just about any good
cookie tips the calorie scales at around 130-150 calories per ounce...
even my favorites, the Oreo Double Stuff cookie. Hershey's milk
chocolate and dark chocolate both tip in at around 150 calories per
ounce. Now I want a chocolate chip cookie. Hmm, wouldn't you know
it? Nabisco Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies... 142 calories per
ounce. All my info comes from http://www.calorieking.com/foods/.

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
> =:-o
>
> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing flat!
> I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

Sadly, this is part of the reason why I no longer buy the GS cookies. That and the
fact that they raise my BG's through the roof

kimberly

--
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCDbWRzbG1M
"I told you this was easy"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote

> "TammyM" > wrote:
>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>> Cookies?
>>
>> =:-o
>>
>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in
>> nothing flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the
>> hall!
>>
>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

> Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories.
> Problem is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

At one point I remember they had a selling point, that the cookies
could be frozen. This way, I guess, people would feel better about
ordering more boxes because, hey, they keep!

Like that wasn't good for a laugh. Yeah, they would last in the freezer,
maybe for a couple of days. It's just too easy to eat a half a box at a
sitting. Girl Scout cookies go faster than almost anything.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

And how much do you weigh???

--
Helen
in
"Herd" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:19 -0700, "TammyM" >
> wrote:
>
>>Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>>Cookies?
>>
>>=:-o
>>
>>Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in
>>nothing
>>flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>>
>>TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say
>>

> And this a worry why? Don't worry about it. Eat 2 them jump up and
> down 3 times to burn it off and don't eat bread at lunch. Eat and
> drink what you like. If you can't enjoy life, why bother with it. None
> of us is getting off this planet alive anyways.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Michael "Dog3" Lonergan" > wrote in message
6.121...
> Andy <q> :
>
>> TammyM said...
>>
>>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>>> Cookies?
>>>
>>> =:-o
>>>
>>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in
>>> nothing flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the
>>> hall!
>>>
>>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

>> OH!!! Girl Scout Cookie time again!?!?
>>
>> KEWL!!!

> It was GS cookie time here awhile back. So long ago they are all <GONE>.
> Wonder what happened to them all...

Well, lucky for me I discovered this evilness as I was breaking into the
LAST box and not the first :-)

TammyM, has had these damned boxes hanging around for MONTHS

Posted to rec.food.cooking

>TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say
>OH!!! Girl Scout Cookie time again!?!?
>KEWL!!!

>It was GS cookie time here awhile back. So long
>ago they are all <GONE>. Wonder what happened to them
>all...
>Michael

Go to E-Bay under girl scout cookies, that's what happened to them.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" wrote:
> "wff_ng_7" wrote
> > "TammyM" wrote:
> >> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
> >> Cookies?

> > Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories.
> > Problem is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

> At one point I remember they had a selling point, that the cookies
> could be frozen. *This way, I guess, people would feel better about
> ordering more boxes because, hey, they keep!
>
> Like that wasn't good for a laugh. *Yeah, they would last in the freezer,
> maybe for a couple of days. *It's just too easy to eat a half a box at a
> sitting. *Girl Scout cookies go faster than almost anything.

We must have had the same girl scout... I heard something about if you
freeze cookies they no longer have calories... a good way to get
around that the broken cookies have no calories... I think if you eat
the broken cookies frozen you can eat all you want and lose weight.

Sheldon Mallowmar

Posted to rec.food.cooking

TammyM wrote:
> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
> =:-o
>
> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

Wow, that is a lot of calories.

Sonsabitches, and I just started my diet, too. Little did we know, the
devil would appear wearing pigtails. I will give my cookies to the lady
across the street, she is just too young and pretty.

Becca

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 21, 6:53�pm, Becca > wrote:
> TammyM wrote:
> > Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?

> > =:-o

> > Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
> > flat! *I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!

> > TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

> Wow, that is a lot of calories.
>
> Sonsabitches, and I just started my diet, too. *Little did we know, the
> devil would appear wearing pigtails. I will give my cookies to the lady
> across the street, she is just too young and pretty.

I don't think there are any calories if you eat girl scouts.

Sheldon

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:53:58 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>TammyM wrote:
>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>>
>> =:-o
>>
>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
>> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>>
>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

>Wow, that is a lot of calories.
>
>Sonsabitches, and I just started my diet, too. Little did we know, the
>devil would appear wearing pigtails. I will give my cookies to the lady
>across the street, she is just too young and pretty.

Ahhh, I see you subscribe to my secret plan - they get fatter, we look
thinner :-)

TammyM, still giggling at "the devil wears pigtails"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> TammyM said...
>
>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>> Cookies?
>>
>> =:-o
>>
>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in
>> nothing
>> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>>
>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

> OH!!! Girl Scout Cookie time again!?!?

It's not GS Cookie time here til the fall.

Mary

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> TammyM said...
>
>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>> Cookies?
>>
>> =:-o
>>
>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in
>> nothing
>> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>>
>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

> OH!!! Girl Scout Cookie time again!?!?
>
> KEWL!!!
>
> Andy
> [brushing teeth in anticipation]

Uhh, Andy...? That sounds kinda creepy, ya know?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?

but.... that's only 75 calories for one.

Samosa - Mmmmmm!

--
See return address to reply by email
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"TammyM" > wrote in message
> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>
> =:-o
>
> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>
> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

Samoas, not Samosa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Zilbandy" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 19:38:58 GMT, "wff_ng_7" >
> wrote:
>
>>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa
>>> Cookies?

>>Ha! I can eat FOUR Thin Mints and only have the same amount of calories.
>>Problem
>>is, I've been known to eat half the box... in my younger day! ;-)

> Ahh, but did you know that two Samosa cookies weigh 1.1 oz, where four
> Thin Mints only weigh 1 oz? As it turns out, just about any good
> cookie tips the calorie scales at around 130-150 calories per ounce...
> even my favorites, the Oreo Double Stuff cookie. Hershey's milk
> chocolate and dark chocolate both tip in at around 150 calories per
> ounce. Now I want a chocolate chip cookie. Hmm, wouldn't you know
> it? Nabisco Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies... 142 calories per
> ounce. All my info comes from http://www.calorieking.com/foods/.
>
> --
> Zilbandy

Samoas, not Samosa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...
> On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:19 -0700, "TammyM" >
> wrote:
>
>>Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>>

> but.... that's only 75 calories for one.
>
> Samosa - Mmmmmm!
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email

Samoas, not Samosa.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Paco's Tacos" > wrote:

> Samoas, not Samosa.

Yeah, wasn't Samosa a dictator down in Nicaragua? ;-)

--
wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"wff_ng_7" > wrote in message
> "Paco's Tacos" > wrote:
>>
>> Samoas, not Samosa.

> Yeah, wasn't Samosa a dictator down in Nicaragua? ;-)
>
> --
> wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

Nope, plays right field for the Texas Rangers. ;-)~

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2007 05:17:00 GMT, "Paco's Tacos" >
wrote:

>Samoas, not Samosa.

I hate it when my keyboard screws up like that. ::innocent look::

--
Zilbandy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 22 May 2007 05:18:35 GMT, "Paco's Tacos" >
wrote:

><sf> wrote in message ...
>> On Mon, 21 May 2007 12:25:19 -0700, "TammyM" >
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>>>

>> but.... that's only 75 calories for one.
>>
>> Samosa - Mmmmmm!
>>
>> --
>> See return address to reply by email

>Samoas, not Samosa.

LOL, I didn't catch that. Samosas probably have a few more calories
than Samoas.

--
See return address to reply by email

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 22, 1:25 am, "wff_ng_7" > wrote:
> "Paco's Tacos" > wrote:
>
> > Samoas, not Samosa.

> Yeah, wasn't Samosa a dictator down in Nicaragua? ;-)
>
> --
> wff_ng_7 (at) verizon (dot) net

May have been but samosas are delicious
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samosa

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 21 May 2007 17:53:58 -0500, Becca > wrote:

>TammyM wrote:
>> Did you know there are 150 calories in just TWO Girl Scout Samosa Cookies?
>>
>> =:-o
>>
>> Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH, I could go through a handful of cookies in nothing
>> flat! I'm gonna give these suckers to the office across the hall!
>>
>> TammyM, shocked, simply SHOCKED, I say

>Wow, that is a lot of calories.
>
>Sonsabitches, and I just started my diet, too. Little did we know, the
>devil would appear wearing pigtails. I will give my cookies to the lady
>across the street, she is just too young and pretty.
>
>Becca

My ex-wife would say....Those that are young and pretty are called
bitch..
Chuck (in SC)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Zilbandy" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 22 May 2007 05:17:00 GMT, "Paco's Tacos" >
> wrote:
>
>>Samoas, not Samosa.

> I hate it when my keyboard screws up like that. ::innocent look::
>
> --
> Zilbandy

'Tweren't you, Zilbrandy, 'twere me. And I can't blame it on the keyboard.
Musta been thinking about the Indian restaurant I'm goin' to this
afternoon....

TammyM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
sd sd is offline

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> It's just too easy to eat a half a box at a sitting. Girl Scout
> cookies go faster than almost anything.

There was a standup comic making the rounds here several years ago
who would pull a box of Girl Scout Cookies out of his prop bag, hold
them up, and advise us that, "This is NOT a single-serving package!"
:-)

sd