Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Free Lunch :)

I went to the little store down the street to pick up some miscellaneous
items. Marta said, "Oh! I just made calamari, you have to try some!"

They serve all that southern style cooking but it's not her cup of tea
And calamari definitely wouldn't go over with the construction worker lunch
crowd! She used the big griddle to sort of stir-fry it. I have no idea how
she spiced it but it's got a mild burn factor. I spotted some green (like
jalapeno) pepper strips in it but can't really identify the other
seasonings. It's very tasty!

Jill <---will never turn down a free lunch, especially not when Marta cooks
it!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> I went to the little store down the street to pick up some
> miscellaneous items. Marta said, "Oh! I just made calamari, you have
> to try some!"
>
> They serve all that southern style cooking but it's not her cup of tea
> And calamari definitely wouldn't go over with the construction
> worker lunch crowd! She used the big griddle to sort of stir-fry it.
> I have no idea how she spiced it but it's got a mild burn factor. I
> spotted some green (like jalapeno) pepper strips in it but can't
> really identify the other seasonings. It's very tasty!
>
> Jill <---will never turn down a free lunch, especially not when Marta
> cooks it!

Free food and free booze *always* taste sooooooooo much better :-)

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
>> I went to the little store down the street to pick up some
>> miscellaneous items. Marta said, "Oh! I just made calamari, you have
>> to try some!"
>>
>> They serve all that southern style cooking but it's not her cup of
>> tea And calamari definitely wouldn't go over with the construction
>> worker lunch crowd! She used the big griddle to sort of stir-fry it.
>> I have no idea how she spiced it but it's got a mild burn factor. I
>> spotted some green (like jalapeno) pepper strips in it but can't
>> really identify the other seasonings. It's very tasty!
>>
>> Jill <---will never turn down a free lunch, especially not when Marta
>> cooks it!
>>

> Free food and free booze *always* taste sooooooooo much better :-)

Marta doesn't drink but her husband Gabriel does! But he's never offered me
a drink; she has prepared traditional Nigerian fare for me to sample on
several occasions. She still owes me a spicy lamb dish! She put it off due
to Lent (they are Catholic) but insists she will make some for me to take
home for dinner one day soon.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in
:

> PeterL wrote:
>> "jmcquown" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>>> I went to the little store down the street to pick up some
>>> miscellaneous items. Marta said, "Oh! I just made calamari, you
>>> have to try some!"
>>>
>>> They serve all that southern style cooking but it's not her cup of
>>> tea And calamari definitely wouldn't go over with the
>>> construction worker lunch crowd! She used the big griddle to sort
>>> of stir-fry it. I have no idea how she spiced it but it's got a mild
>>> burn factor. I spotted some green (like jalapeno) pepper strips in
>>> it but can't really identify the other seasonings. It's very tasty!
>>>
>>> Jill <---will never turn down a free lunch, especially not when
>>> Marta cooks it!
>>>

>> Free food and free booze *always* taste sooooooooo much better :-)

> Marta doesn't drink but her husband Gabriel does! But he's never
> offered me a drink; she has prepared traditional Nigerian fare for me
> to sample on several occasions. She still owes me a spicy lamb dish!
> She put it off due to Lent (they are Catholic) but insists she will
> make some for me to take home for dinner one day soon.
>
> Jill

LOL!!! Getting fed by Nigerians......... now there's a turn-up!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

PeterL wrote:
> "jmcquown" > wrote in
> :
>
>> PeterL wrote:
>>> "jmcquown" > wrote in
>>> :

>>> Free food and free booze *always* taste sooooooooo much better :-)

>> Marta doesn't drink but her husband Gabriel does! But he's never
>> offered me a drink; she has prepared traditional Nigerian fare for me
>> to sample on several occasions. She still owes me a spicy lamb dish!
>> She put it off due to Lent (they are Catholic) but insists she will
>> make some for me to take home for dinner one day soon.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> LOL!!! Getting fed by Nigerians......... now there's a turn-up!!

I think you're confusing Nigeria with Ethiopia.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in news:5bisauF2p63gmU1
@mid.individual.net:

>> LOL!!! Getting fed by Nigerians......... now there's a turn-up!!

> I think you're confusing Nigeria with Ethiopia.

Nope.

At the moment here in Oz we have a huge problem with Nigerian scams.
All we hear about is people getting ripped off by them, so it was a turn up
to hear about some Nigerians actually giving something away.

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane
Australia

Come to the edge, Life said.
They said: We are afraid.
Come to the edge, Life said.
They came.
Life pushed them...and they flew."
-Guillaume Apollinaire-
Posted to rec.food.cooking

jmcquown wrote:
> I went to the little store down the street to pick up some miscellaneous
> items. Marta said, "Oh! I just made calamari, you have to try some!"
>
> They serve all that southern style cooking but it's not her cup of tea
> And calamari definitely wouldn't go over with the construction worker lunch
> crowd!

It sure seems to go over well with the construction worker at happy hour
crowd though.