FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fictional Breakfast Cereals (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/123726-fictional-breakfast-cereals.html)

Mark Thorson 15-05-2007 11:28 PM

Fictional Breakfast Cereals

Quoting from:
http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-fictional.html

Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame has been
known to eat Chocolate Frosted Sugar
Bombs which Calvin says are "tasty,
lip-smacking, crunchy-on-the-outside,
chewy-on-the-inside, and they don't have
a single natural ingredient or essential vitamin
to get in the way of that rich, fudgy taste."
Hobbes says the cereal makes his heart skip
and likens this cereal to "eating a bowl of
milk duds".

Curly Sue 16-05-2007 05:42 AM

Fictional Breakfast Cereals

On Tue, 15 May 2007 15:28:42 -0700, Mark Thorson >
wrote:

>Quoting from:
>http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-fictional.html
>
>Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame has been
>known to eat Chocolate Frosted Sugar
>Bombs which Calvin says are "tasty,
>lip-smacking, crunchy-on-the-outside,
>chewy-on-the-inside, and they don't have
>a single natural ingredient or essential vitamin
>to get in the way of that rich, fudgy taste."
>Hobbes says the cereal makes his heart skip
>and likens this cereal to "eating a bowl of
>milk duds".

Truth is stranger than fiction; just look at the fluorescent cereals
on the grocery shelf. Scary, although the cereal companies now make
them with "whole grain goodness."

OTOH, there actually is a greater abundance in the past few years of
relatively healthy cereals.

Sue(tm)

merryb 16-05-2007 05:48 AM

On May 15, 3:28 pm, Mark Thorson > wrote:
> Quoting from:http://www.lavasurfer.com/cereal-fictional.html
>
> Calvin of Calvin and Hobbes fame has been
> known to eat Chocolate Frosted Sugar
> Bombs which Calvin says are "tasty,
> lip-smacking, crunchy-on-the-outside,
> chewy-on-the-inside, and they don't have
> a single natural ingredient or essential vitamin
> to get in the way of that rich, fudgy taste."
> Hobbes says the cereal makes his heart skip
> and likens this cereal to "eating a bowl of
> milk duds".

Remember Quarry from SNL? That was pretty funny. Before that, I was
thinking of " Little Chocolate Donuts" with John Belushi, but that
wasn't cereal.