Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 100th Survey on the RFC site: RFC Cookbook

And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
by....

Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!

Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
surveys will be used in due course.

http://www.recfoodcooking.com/

Vote now!
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
> by....
>
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>
> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> surveys will be used in due course.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

Cathy,

I'm #1 on #100. I'll take an "Around the House" foil hat this time.

Let's do it again at #200?!

Congrats!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

OMG, this is the first time I checked out the hats, too
damm funny! Who made those? Hilarious.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Nancy Young wrote:
> OMG, this is the first time I checked out the hats, too
> damm funny! Who made those? Hilarious.

Andy made all but one of them nancy.... LOL The Sports Cap was made by
my DS

But if anybody wants to make some more and take pics - feel free to send
them to me - we can expand our "range"
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
Chatty Cathy > wrote:

> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
> by....
>
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>
> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> surveys will be used in due course.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Very nice! :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent
> in by....
>
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>
> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> surveys will be used in due course.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

I guess a lot of posters here weren't around for the bickering and
everything else involved with printing the first one. There was editing,
proofreading, measurement conversions, etc. It was a year+ long process.
And I *know* Nancy isn't going to volunteer to be the Treasurer again! LOL

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> Chatty Cathy wrote:
> > And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent
> > in by....
> >
> > Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
> >
> > Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> > surveys will be used in due course.
> >
> > http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >
> > Vote now!

> I guess a lot of posters here weren't around for the bickering and
> everything else involved with printing the first one. There was editing,
> proofreading, measurement conversions, etc. It was a year+ long process.
> And I *know* Nancy isn't going to volunteer to be the Treasurer again! LOL
>
> Jill

With paypal, nobody needs to be a treasurer.

Just send the money to the person/people actually spending it. ;-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Omelet" > wrote

> "jmcquown" > wrote:

>> I guess a lot of posters here weren't around for the bickering and
>> everything else involved with printing the first one. There was editing,
>> proofreading, measurement conversions, etc. It was a year+ long process.
>> And I *know* Nancy isn't going to volunteer to be the Treasurer again!
>> LOL

> With paypal, nobody needs to be a treasurer.
>
> Just send the money to the person/people actually spending it. ;-)

You mean ... the treasurer? (laugh)

I'd do it again, but I don't think I have to worry about volunteering.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "jmcquown" > wrote:
>
>> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>>> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was
>>> sent in by....
>>>
>>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>>>
>>> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
>>> surveys will be used in due course.
>>>
>>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>>
>>> Vote now!

>> I guess a lot of posters here weren't around for the bickering and
>> everything else involved with printing the first one. There was
>> editing, proofreading, measurement conversions, etc. It was a year+
>> long process. And I *know* Nancy isn't going to volunteer to be the
>> Treasurer again! LOL
>>
>> Jill

> With paypal, nobody needs to be a treasurer.
>
> Just send the money to the person/people actually spending it. ;-)

There was no single person involved in the entire process but *someone* had
to be designated to collect the funds, be it via PayPal or any other method,
and then make sure the funds were properly distributed to the designated
charity (2nd Harvest). And some people wanted to send checks, not use
PayPal or a credit card.

Then there was the figuring of postage based on how many books each person
wanted so did their check/paypal/whatever cover those costs? Was money due
for shipping or did they overpay?

The actual shipping to various parts of the country had to be parcelled out
and handled by posters in different regions. Overseas shipping factors had
to be considered. I'm still amazed, frankly, it ever got published at all.
Not saying I'm not glad it did! But still... it was a LOT of work for
everyone involved.

I wish I'd been able to do my share of the editing but once I got started on
the recipes sent to me my work schedule heated up to the point I simply
couldn't meet the deadline. I bless everyone who handled all the daunting
tasks.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote
>
> > "jmcquown" > wrote:

> >> I guess a lot of posters here weren't around for the bickering and
> >> everything else involved with printing the first one. There was editing,
> >> proofreading, measurement conversions, etc. It was a year+ long process.
> >> And I *know* Nancy isn't going to volunteer to be the Treasurer again!
> >> LOL

> > With paypal, nobody needs to be a treasurer.
> >
> > Just send the money to the person/people actually spending it. ;-)

> You mean ... the treasurer? (laugh)
>
> I'd do it again, but I don't think I have to worry about volunteering.
>
> nancy

Sorry luv. :-)

I was not involved in the last one, so I've really no idea!
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, Chatty Cathy > said:
> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
> by....
>
> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>
> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> surveys will be used in due course.
>
> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>
> Vote now!

Congrats, Michael!

Jani (no really, I'm not jealous at all. I mean, it's not like *I*
want a tinfoil hat or anything...)
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Little Malice wrote:
> One time on Usenet, Chatty Cathy > said:
>> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
>> by....
>>
>> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
>>
>> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
>> surveys will be used in due course.
>>
>> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
>>
>> Vote now!

> Congrats, Michael!
>
> Jani (no really, I'm not jealous at all. I mean, it's not like *I*
> want a tinfoil hat or anything...)

That's right, Jani, I do not want one, either. Just because I didn't
send in a survey topic does not mean that I should not have gotten
something I did not want in the first place.

It's a good thing I have four lawyers in my family. Discrimination as a
class action suit might just be the thing.

Not that I want a silly hat, you understand.....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

One time on Usenet, margaret suran > said:
> Little Malice wrote:
> > One time on Usenet, Chatty Cathy > said:
> >> And the winning entry that got pulled out of the tinfoil has was sent in
> >> by....
> >>
> >> Michael "Dog3" Lonergan. Thanks Michael!!
> >>
> >> Thanks also go to all the other people that sent in surveys - your
> >> surveys will be used in due course.
> >>
> >> http://www.recfoodcooking.com/
> >>
> >> Vote now!

> > Congrats, Michael!
> >
> > Jani (no really, I'm not jealous at all. I mean, it's not like *I*
> > want a tinfoil hat or anything...)

> That's right, Jani, I do not want one, either. Just because I didn't
> send in a survey topic does not mean that I should not have gotten
> something I did not want in the first place.
>
> It's a good thing I have four lawyers in my family. Discrimination as a
> class action suit might just be the thing.
>
> Not that I want a silly hat, you understand....

Exactly! And feel free to include me in that suit for a hat we don't
want, okay? Thanks, Margaret...

--
Jani in WA