Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Steamed veggie (and lean meat) treatments...

Just this past week, I came up with one that is utterly divine!

About 2 part Oyster sauce to 1 part mushroom shoyu to 3 parts unsalted
butter.

Worked as a "sauce" for steamed veggies and quick fried lean pork
shoulder steaks cut into strips.

Oh yeah... ;-d

Not considered heart healthy per se', but it does not take much.
I may consider attempting to substitute Olive or Grapeseed oil for the
butter but I'm not convinced the flavor would be quite the same.

Portions are everything when calorie counting, and when counting total
fat grams.

1 tbs. of that mix will richly flavor a good 2 to 3 cups of meat and
veggies.
--
Peace, Om

Remove _ to validate e-mails.