Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default historic cookbooks online

I am obsessed with old cookbooks. This collection of historic
cookbooks is very comprehensive. I am enjoying it tremendously,
particularly the page by page images.

http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/

From the website:
The Michigan State University Library and the MSU Museum have
partnered to create an online collection of some of the most
influential and important American cookbooks from the late 18th to
early 20th century. The goal of this project is to make these
materials available to a wider audience.

Digital images of the pages of each cookbook are available as well as
full-text transcriptions and the ability to search within the books,
across the collection, in order to find specific information.

Tara
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Tara" > wrote in message
>I am obsessed with old cookbooks. This collection of historic
> cookbooks is very comprehensive. I am enjoying it tremendously,
> particularly the page by page images.
>
> http://digital.lib.msu.edu/projects/cookbooks/
>
> From the website:
> The Michigan State University Library and the MSU Museum have
> partnered to create an online collection of some of the most
> influential and important American cookbooks from the late 18th to
> early 20th century. The goal of this project is to make these
> materials available to a wider audience.
>
> Digital images of the pages of each cookbook are available as well as
> full-text transcriptions and the ability to search within the books,
> across the collection, in order to find specific information.
>
> Tara

What a great site! Thanks so much.
It would be sure interesting to see the same
from Britain and France. However it's
doubtful much was translated from France
in the 19th century. I have to rely on my trusty
old Escoffier.

Kent

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 4 May 2007 16:52:31 -0700, "Kent" > wrote:

>It would be sure interesting to see the same
>from Britain and France.

You can find a few British historical cookbooks he

http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Cookery_%28Bookshelf%29

I hope you enjoy them.

Tara

Old Cookbooks Online Tara General Cooking 5 26-12-2012 01:24 AM
Old Cookbooks to Read Online Tara General Cooking 8 10-08-2011 03:19 AM
Historic cookbooks or collections online? Peter[_15_] Historic 14 13-10-2008 07:45 PM
Wow Free Cookbooks online [email protected] General Cooking 4 23-06-2007 01:20 AM
Historic Cookbooks Online Leila General Cooking 11 19-02-2005 07:42 PM