Old 02-05-2007, 04:01 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Temporarily usenet-handicapped

NIN closed my account on me because we changed our credit card so the
payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder email... ) and
it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so I'm reduced to Google...
Two things - google groups sucks, and I feel naked without my Agent
running!

Old 02-05-2007, 04:14 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote in news:1178118109.599990.229790
@n59g2000hsh.googlegroups.com:

Two things - google groups sucks, and I feel naked without my Agent
running!

Yeah......... I can see that :-)

Old 02-05-2007, 04:27 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote in
oups.com:

NIN closed my account

Nine Inch Nails? G

on me because we changed our credit card
so the payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder
email... ) and it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so
I'm reduced to Google... Two things - google groups sucks, and
I feel naked without my Agent running!

There are some free news servers. You might want to spend some
time reading the free.newsservers group.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:40 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 02 May 2007 15:27:49 GMT, sandi wrote:

Kajikit wrote in
roups.com:

NIN closed my account

Nine Inch Nails? G

on me because we changed our credit card
so the payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder
email... ) and it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so
I'm reduced to Google... Two things - google groups sucks, and
I feel naked without my Agent running!

There are some free news servers. You might want to spend some
time reading the free.newsservers group.

Found one! Somebody took mercy on my parlous state and recommended a
new free newserver for me to try...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:50 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
On 02 May 2007 15:27:49 GMT, sandi wrote:

Kajikit wrote in
groups.com:

NIN closed my account

Nine Inch Nails? G

on me because we changed our credit card
so the payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder
email... ) and it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so
I'm reduced to Google... Two things - google groups sucks, and
I feel naked without my Agent running!

There are some free news servers. You might want to spend some
time reading the free.newsservers group.

Found one! Somebody took mercy on my parlous state and recommended a
new free newserver for me to try...

Oooh! Parlous! A gold star for you, missy!

Felice

Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

My commiserations. My ISP in their wisdom decided not to run
newsgroups at all, so I'm now limited to google. Half the time my
replies don't appear, but it's also nowhere near as friendly as Agent.

You probably won't see this!

Old 03-05-2007, 08:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
My commiserations. My ISP in their wisdom decided not to run
newsgroups at all, so I'm now limited to google. Half the time my
replies don't appear, but it's also nowhere near as friendly as Agent.

You probably won't see this!

That was my situation as well, and then one of the many trolls was seen
to be posting from a free news service and I clicked on it.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote on 03 May 2007 in rec.food.cooking

My commiserations. My ISP in their wisdom decided not to run
newsgroups at all, so I'm now limited to google. Half the time my
replies don't appear, but it's also nowhere near as friendly as Agent.

You probably won't see this!

Usenet access can be purchased from various sites...I for a while used

http://www.giganews.com/usenet_offers/t/usenet.html
Old 03-05-2007, 03:32 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote:
NIN closed my account on me because we changed our credit card so the
payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder email... ) and
it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so I'm reduced to Google...
Two things - google groups sucks, and I feel naked without my Agent
running!

From your Google profile is seems you've been posting just fine with

Google.

I think Google is pretty good, has lots of very nice features, just
gotta use it for a while to familiarize (no different from moving to a
new house), and they keep adding, only problem is it stops working for
a day when they do a major upgrade, but that's true with any
software... at least Google upgrades.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:37 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kajikit wrote:
NIN closed my account on me because we changed our credit card so the
payment bounced... (they didn't even send a reminder email... ) and
it doesn't want to let us fix it today, so I'm reduced to Google...
Two things - google groups sucks, and I feel naked without my Agent
running!

That almost happened to me. You have to use "add credit
card". You can't change the credit card information....

--
Jean B.

Old 03-05-2007, 05:36 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

And what is the name of this free news server and how do i get it?

--
Helen
in

Old 03-05-2007, 05:48 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
My commiserations. My ISP in their wisdom decided not to run
newsgroups at all, so I'm now limited to google.

I pay about a dollar a month (10 Euros a year) for individual.net
(which doesn't carry binary groups) and I like it.

http://news.individual.net

Serene
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 2 May 2007 23:50:53 -0400, "Felice Friese"
wrote:

"Karen AKA Kajikit" wrote in message
.. .
On 02 May 2007 15:27:49 GMT, sandi wrote:

There are some free news servers. You might want to spend some
time reading the free.newsservers group.

Found one! Somebody took mercy on my parlous state and recommended a
new free newserver for me to try...

Oooh! Parlous! A gold star for you, missy!

We's edumakated we is... :P
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Serene wrote:
Kathy-in-NZ wrote:
My commiserations. My ISP in their wisdom decided not to run
newsgroups at all, so I'm now limited to google.

I pay about a dollar a month (10 Euros a year) for individual.net
(which doesn't carry binary groups) and I like it.

http://news.individual.net

Recommendation seconded. I've been with them for years, going back to
when they were cis.dfn.de.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups
Old 03-05-2007, 06:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 3 May 2007 12:36:08 -0400, "MOMPEAGRAM"
wrote:

And what is the name of this free news server and how do i get it?

Sure... the name of the site and server is albasani.net . I got a
response from them pretty quickly. Just go there and click on 'contact
us' and say 'can I please have a usenet account?' and they shall
provide.