Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce

I have cream that I want to use to make fettucine alfredo today.

I make my fettucine alfredo thusly;
Cook cream, parm. regg, butter; and then pour over the noodles.

I will be unable to serve this until Friday. Which would be better?

Make the alfredo sauce today and freeze it, thaw it Friday, cook the
noodles, then pour over noodles
OR
Go ahead and cook the noodles and sauce today, mix in the alfredo
sauce, then freeze;unthaw Friday.

What to do!
Thanks,
Dee Dee

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dee Dee said...

> I have cream that I want to use to make fettucine alfredo today.
>
> I make my fettucine alfredo thusly;
> Cook cream, parm. regg, butter; and then pour over the noodles.
>
> I will be unable to serve this until Friday. Which would be better?
>
> Make the alfredo sauce today and freeze it, thaw it Friday, cook the
> noodles, then pour over noodles
> OR
> Go ahead and cook the noodles and sauce today, mix in the alfredo
> sauce, then freeze;unthaw Friday.
>
> What to do!
> Thanks,
> Dee Dee

For this dish???

Wait till Friday. Cook fresh, eat fresh. Else, dine out.

Imho,

Andy

Do you think these would freeze? Kris[_1_] General Cooking 21 09-01-2009 04:14 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or Dry? Brent Sourdough 6 28-12-2006 09:00 AM
Tartar sauce and fish batter--to freeze or not? Catherine C. General Cooking 2 02-12-2003 01:35 AM