Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default What's the most creative thing you do to save money on your grocery bill?

Is this a tough question or what!

I found it while banging around Rachel Rays web-site.

I submitted my answer to this sweepstakes question. My answer was, I
get my coupons from the internet. This saves me time. I can search for
only the products I use (that's a lie, you still have to thumb through
sheets of stuff you don't buy) It gives me access to coupons you won't
find in magazines and newspapers.

I filled out the form, spent 20 mins constructing my answer, I hit the
submit button and all I got was a big 404 error page. grrrrr... I hit
the back button and all of my work was gone.

What is wrong with these people!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 30 Apr, 11:20, Barry > wrote:
> Is this a tough question or what!
>
> I found it while banging around Rachel Rays web-site.
>
> I submitted my answer to this sweepstakes question. My answer was, I
> get my coupons from the internet. This saves me time. I can search for
> only the products I use (that's a lie, you still have to thumb through
> sheets of stuff you don't buy) It gives me access to coupons you won't
> find in magazines and newspapers.
>
> I filled out the form, spent 20 mins constructing my answer, I hit the
> submit button and all I got was a big 404 error page. grrrrr... I hit
> the back button and all of my work was gone.
>
> What is wrong with these people!

My solution to saving money on the grocery bill is that I send my kids
to the supermarket(with a list) instead of going myself.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 30, 5:20 am, Barry > wrote:
> Is this a tough question or what!
>
> I found it while banging around Rachel Rays web-site.
>
> I submitted my answer to this sweepstakes question. My answer was, I
> get my coupons from the internet.

Our creative thing is to avoid the kinds of products that are likely
to have coupons (well, except for the occasional TP coupon.) We shop
mostly the outer edges of the sto produce, fresh meat and seafood,
and dairy.

We dip into the rows for rice, beans, flour and dry pasta, but don't
buy enough of the other stuff to make coupons worthwhile.

We're lucky, though, because I'm at home all day, don't have much I
have to do for daily work, and love to cook from scratch.

BTW, "banging around Rachel Ray's" *anything* gives me pause. :-)

David

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 1, 10:31 am, ravenlynne > wrote:

> That works with my husband also..he won't buy one more thing than what
> I've written down.

what happens if he buys plenty more than is on the list?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Barry" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On May 1, 10:31 am, ravenlynne > wrote:
>
>> That works with my husband also..he won't buy one more thing than what
>> I've written down.

> what happens if he buys plenty more than is on the list?

What's for breakfast?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Back in my college/grad school days and while being unemployed, we'd
eat roadkill. Fresh roadkill, though. No skunks, though.

Ted

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 30, 4:20 am, Barry > wrote:
> Is this a tough question or what!

I don't find it tough at all. The most creative thing I do,
particularly when money is tight, is to allow myself one "luxury" item
each week. That way, I spend less, but don't feel so deprived.

> I found it while banging around Rachel Rays web-site.
>
> I submitted my answer to this sweepstakes question. My answer was, I
> get my coupons from the internet. This saves me time. I can search for
> only the products I use (that's a lie, you still have to thumb through
> sheets of stuff you don't buy) It gives me access to coupons you won't
> find in magazines and newspapers.
>
> I filled out the form, spent 20 mins constructing my answer, I hit the
> submit button and all I got was a big 404 error page. grrrrr... I hit
> the back button and all of my work was gone.
>
> What is wrong with these people!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 6:59 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
> "Barry" > wrote in message

> What's for breakfast?

muffins dripping with hot honey, I can't keep the beez away

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Barry" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> On May 9, 6:59 am, "cybercat" > wrote:
>> "Barry" > wrote in message

>> What's for breakfast?
>>
>> --

> muffins dripping with hot honey, I can't keep the beez away

Oh, look, there's a little one that's all sticky, buzzing around in his pool
of honey

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 7:45 am, wrote:
> Back in my college/grad school days and while being unemployed, we'd
> eat roadkill. Fresh roadkill, though. No skunks, though.
>
> Ted

you's were lucky you didn't get hit by a car

Posted to rec.food.cooking
No Name

I only buy sale items to stock the pantry.
Then, I do meal planning from the pantry stock.

Not alot you can do about fresh veggies/deli items.
Tho, when asparagus was .99/bunch, I bought
bagfuls and blanched/froze them.

<rj>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 10:43 pm, Barry > wrote:
> On May 9, 7:45 am, wrote:
>
> > Back in my college/grad school days and while being unemployed, we'd
> > eat roadkill. Fresh roadkill, though. No skunks, though.

> > Ted

> you's were lucky you didn't get hit by a car

Q: How many Aggies does it take to eat an armadillo?

A: Three. Two to look both ways......

T.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

said...

> Back in my college/grad school days and while being unemployed, we'd
> eat roadkill. Fresh roadkill, though. No skunks, though.
>
> Ted

Have you tried walking out backwards with a cart full of groceries, in the
style of Abbott and Costello? Only they were walking IN backwards.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On May 9, 9:49 am, salgud > wrote:
> On Apr 30, 4:20 am, Barry > wrote:
>
> > Is this a tough question or what!

> I don't find it tough at all. The most creative thing I do,
> particularly when money is tight, is to allow myself one "luxury" item
> each week. That way, I spend less, but don't feel so deprived.

Good idea.. maybe you should check out this weeks contest

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/submitRealCooks.do
says.. "what do you do to live green"
bah! lol..

about one luxury item (beating you over the head with a pillow)

"WE COULDA HAD AN EXTRA PACK OF HOTDOGS and beans FOR THE PRICE OF
THAT"