Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Asian-style Flank Steak Dinner

Asian-style flank steak and sauteed onions

A nancy young recipe.

Delicious, delicate flavor served with sauteed sweet onions (gotta have 'em).

So without further ado...

http://www.tinypic.com/47x55hd.jpg

I had the strips of steak so neatly arranged but they flip-flopped onto the
plate.

Enjoy,

Andy
Happy Camper
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote

> Asian-style flank steak and sauteed onions
>
> A nancy young recipe.
>
> Delicious, delicate flavor served with sauteed sweet onions (gotta have
> 'em).

I'm glad you like it, Andy, thanks for the pictures. Looks great.
I often marinate it overnight for stronger flavor.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Andy" <q> wrote
>
>> Asian-style flank steak and sauteed onions
>>
>> A nancy young recipe.
>>
>> Delicious, delicate flavor served with sauteed sweet onions (gotta have
>> 'em).

> I'm glad you like it, Andy, thanks for the pictures. Looks great.
> I often marinate it overnight for stronger flavor.

It looks delicious. Would you share the recipe again, please?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Dr. zara" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> "Andy" <q> wrote
>>
>>> Asian-style flank steak and sauteed onions
>>>
>>> A nancy young recipe.
>>>
>>> Delicious, delicate flavor served with sauteed sweet onions (gotta have
>>> 'em).

>> I'm glad you like it, Andy, thanks for the pictures. Looks great.
>> I often marinate it overnight for stronger flavor.

> It looks delicious. Would you share the recipe again, please?

Sure.

3/4 cup pineapple juice (one of those little cans that comes in a 6 pack)
1/4 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger (fresh!!! ginger)
1 clove minced garlic (I use a lot more)

Score the flank steak on both sides and rub with pepper.
Marinate for at least 4 hours, up to 12, I'd say. Grill on both
sides to desired doneness ... 7 minutes each side is a good
guideline.

nancy