Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Food Writers

I will preface this post, in case you people missed the poster name.

I am Barry (UK), not Barry.

I really don't get Barry. An exceptionally intelligent
and knowledgeable person, who, for whatever reason often decides to
attack a poster, and always loves to reply to the Religious crosses posters.

I don't get that. Are you trying to keep up your "Bad Boy" reputation by
attacking some genuine posters, and as for the "Religious Lunatic" cross
posters, you know they don't read the replies, so why bother?

You appear as my "Dark Side", I rarely disagree with anything you post,
but as to the whys and wherefores, I often don't know why you bother
posting.

I think you are a Bona Fide Cook! You could not follow rfc if you were
not. Give us a recipe instead of the often pointless posts.

Back to the Subject:
So here we are, now divested of my Dark Half.

I would like some recommendations for "Food Writer" books.

I only have one guiding star to explain "Food Writer", and that is Nigel
Slater. Kitchen Diaries and Appetite are the benchmark.

I want to be "in their head" when they write about food.
Anyone can write a recipe book; Tana Ramsay being a perfect example.
Wife of Gordon Ramsay (a truly great cook)

I want to smell, touch and taste the ingredients; all can be done by
great writing! Hope you all can give me some recommendations.

As an addendum. I nailed the perfect Pasty today (if you don't know what
as pasty is... Google it) I won't bother rfc with recipe, but if you
would like it email me.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Barry(UK) > wrote:

> I would like some recommendations for "Food Writer" books.
>
> I only have one guiding star to explain "Food Writer", and that is Nigel
> Slater. Kitchen Diaries and Appetite are the benchmark.
>
> I want to be "in their head" when they write about food.
> Anyone can write a recipe book; Tana Ramsay being a perfect example.
> Wife of Gordon Ramsay (a truly great cook)

Do you still mean recipe books, but written truly well, or do you want
just good food-related writing? If the former, consider Edouard de
Pomiane, Elizabeth David, Richard Olney, Fergus Hernderson (Nose to Tail
Eating), Zarela Martínez (Food from my Heart), Simon Hopkinson (Roast
Chicken and Other Stories), and Stéphane Reynaud (Pork and Sons). If
the latter, try Joseph Wechsberg (Blue Trout and Black Truffles), Simon
Loftus (Pike in the Basement), and R. W. Apple, Jr. (Apple's Europe).

Victor

Why food writers secretly hate the November feast blake murphy[_2_] General Cooking 2 26-11-2010 10:53 AM
The Wine News is Going Down With Its Writers [email protected] Wine 0 27-10-2009 11:34 PM
Food Writers Barry(UK) General Cooking 6 26-04-2007 04:03 AM
Any book writers..? CNY Latino newspaper Mexican Cooking 0 06-09-2004 08:40 PM