Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Hershey Chicago?

Dollar stores are not my thing. Sort of like garage sales, everyone
else finds cool stuff and I find games with missing pieces.

Went to a party this evening, and arrived a few minutes early. Well,
there is a dollar store (okay, 2 of them) and decided to kill some
time.

Picked up a chocolate bar. It was a big Hershey bar, except
it says

Hershey
Chicago

I don't know what makes it different from your usual Hershey bar
except maybe it's thicker? (laugh) There's a joke in there somewhere.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
"Nancy Young" > wrote:

> Dollar stores are not my thing. Sort of like garage sales, everyone
> else finds cool stuff and I find games with missing pieces.
>
> Went to a party this evening, and arrived a few minutes early. Well,
> there is a dollar store (okay, 2 of them) and decided to kill some
> time.
>
> Picked up a chocolate bar. It was a big Hershey bar, except
> it says
>
> Hershey
> Chicago
>
> I don't know what makes it different from your usual Hershey bar
> except maybe it's thicker? (laugh) There's a joke in there somewhere.

I suspect that Dollar Store bought a run of excess inventory off of ...

<http://www.hersheys.com/discover/chicago.asp>
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Stan Horwitz" > wrote

> "Nancy Young" > wrote:

>> Picked up a chocolate bar. It was a big Hershey bar, except
>> it says
>>
>> Hershey
>> Chicago
>>
>> I don't know what makes it different from your usual Hershey bar
>> except maybe it's thicker? (laugh) There's a joke in there somewhere.

> I suspect that Dollar Store bought a run of excess inventory off of ...
>
> <http://www.hersheys.com/discover/chicago.asp>

Ah, like a special run for that store. Funny. Thanks.

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Steve Wertz" > wrote

> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:45:21 -0400, Nancy Young wrote:

>>> I suspect that Dollar Store bought a run of excess inventory off of ...
>>>
>>> <http://www.hersheys.com/discover/chicago.asp>

>> Ah, like a special run for that store. Funny. Thanks.

> It's probably all the rejects that the customers made:
>
> "This 3,600 square foot engaging retail experience, where you can
> even become a factory worker for the day..."

Now that you mention it, that could be why this 1 lb bar couldn't
even make it in the dollar store, this was a 99 cent store!

nancy