Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick picks at Trader Joe's.

When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.

Today's haul, as minimal as it is:

Trader Joe's Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.
A nice change of pace! Mild heat sneaks up on you mostly as an aftertaste.
It's gonna make a spicy spinach, tomato and cheese omelette. Maybe melted
on a Mexcellent cheeseburger. It's certainly good on TJ's all natural
"Woven Wheat Wafers" crackers.

1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.

A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.

Another bar of Valrhona 85% cocoa dark chocolate.

One woman picked up two mini New York style cheesecakes. I said "they're
worth every penny, er, calorie." "We don't discuss calories," she replied
with a smile.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, Andy <q> says...
> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.

We are getting a Trader Joe's here, but not until Autumn. I am looking
forward to it.

--
Peter Aitken
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.

(snip)

> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>
> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.

(snip)

> Andy

Just out of curiousity, what were the prices of the butter and
pistachios? I've seen organic butter going for about $7/lb (give or
take a bit) in my neck of the woods (midwest). I recently bought a
pound of pistachios for about $4/lb.

Sky, who likes to compare regional prices
Posted to rec.food.cooking

>> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
>> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>>
>> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
>>

> (snip)
>>
>> Andy

> Just out of curiousity, what were the prices of the butter and
> pistachios? I've seen organic butter going for about $7/lb (give or
> take a bit) in my neck of the woods (midwest). I recently bought a
> pound of pistachios for about $4/lb.
>
> Sky, who likes to compare regional prices

I was at one of the local TJ's yesterday to pick up pet food, and paid
$2.19/pound for the TJ's brand of unsalted butter. They have eggs at
$.99/dozen, which is a very good price for SoCal. The fancy imported butter
is much more..but I don't remember the prices.

Harriet & critters in rainy SoCal.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Skyhooks said...

> Andy wrote:
>>
>> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
>>

> (snip)
>>
>> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
>> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>>
>> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
>>

> (snip)
>>
>> Andy

> Just out of curiousity, what were the prices of the butter and
> pistachios? I've seen organic butter going for about $7/lb (give or
> take a bit) in my neck of the woods (midwest). I recently bought a
> pound of pistachios for about $4/lb.
>
> Sky, who likes to compare regional prices

Sky,

The organic unsalted butter was $4.79/lb.
The large pistachios were $4.69/1 lb. bag

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Peter A said...

> In article >, Andy <q> says...
>> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
>>

> We are getting a Trader Joe's here, but not until Autumn. I am looking
> forward to it.

What I like most about TJ branded products are many of them are minimally
processed, no preservatives, no additives, etc., or organic.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
>
> Today's haul, as minimal as it is:
>
> Trader Joe's Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.
> A nice change of pace! Mild heat sneaks up on you mostly as an aftertaste.
> It's gonna make a spicy spinach, tomato and cheese omelette. Maybe melted
> on a Mexcellent cheeseburger. It's certainly good on TJ's all natural
> "Woven Wheat Wafers" crackers.
>
> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>
> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
>
> Another bar of Valrhona 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>
> One woman picked up two mini New York style cheesecakes. I said "they're
> worth every penny, er, calorie." "We don't discuss calories," she replied
> with a smile.
>
> Andy

Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 9:51 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> What I like most about TJ branded products are many of them are minimally
> processed, no preservatives, no additives, etc., or organic.

My daughter works at TJs, has been for 2 years now.

I have recently discovered that I like the dishwasher soap from TJs.
Cleans well and doesn't smell as bad as Cascade.

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Karen said...

> On Apr 20, 9:51 am, Andy <q> wrote:
>> What I like most about TJ branded products are many of them are minimally
>> processed, no preservatives, no additives, etc., or organic.

> My daughter works at TJs, has been for 2 years now.
>
> I have recently discovered that I like the dishwasher soap from TJs.
> Cleans well and doesn't smell as bad as Cascade.
>
> Karen

The Media, PA TJs must be a micro TJs. It just sell food. No household
products or booze (by PA law), etc.

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?

Huh? Did you post this to the wrong ng again Joe?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
> "Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
>> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>>

>>> Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?

>> Huh? Did you post this to the wrong ng again Joe?
>>
>> --
>> Cheers
>> Chatty Cathy

> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent disability
> leave.

And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>

>> Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?

> Huh? Did you post this to the wrong ng again Joe?
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent disability
leave.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

>>> Huh? Did you post this to the wrong ng again Joe?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Cheers
>>> Chatty Cathy

>> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent
>> disability leave.

> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Nothing, but that's not what the OP initially wrote about. Now, hush, so the
thread doesn't get so cluttered that Andy can't find my question. I really
need an answer.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Nothing, but that's not what the OP initially wrote about. Now, hush, so the
> thread doesn't get so cluttered that Andy can't find my question. I really
> need an answer.

Oh, just go sit in the corner like a good little boy and I won't tell my
Mommy you are being a big bully (again).
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> JoeSpareBedroom wrote:
>

>> Nothing, but that's not what the OP initially wrote about. Now, hush, so
>> the thread doesn't get so cluttered that Andy can't find my question. I
>> really need an answer.

> Oh, just go sit in the corner like a good little boy and I won't tell my
> Mommy you are being a big bully (again).
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

Bully? What makes you say that? Because you don't understand why I asked
Andy that question?

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> Bully? What makes you say that? Because you don't understand why I asked
> Andy that question?

No.

I called you a bully because you told me to "hush". Not a good idea.

Anything else you'd like to know? Like what I had for dinner? Well, I'll
tell ya anyway: Oyster stew - it was yummy.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 11:07 am, Andy <q> wrote:
> The Media, PA TJs must be a micro TJs. It just sell food. No household
> products or booze (by PA law), etc.

Well, that is interesting. My daughter, Emily, will find that
interesting, too.

Karen

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:

>> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent
>> disability leave.
>>

> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?

Sounds like something best left to direct email.

Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
don't think these kids will be doing so.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>

>>> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent
>>> disability leave.
>>>

>> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?
>>

> Sounds like something best left to direct email.

No, but while waiting for Andy to chime in, it's fun watching others stick
their noses into this, and get befuddled.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>

>>> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent
>>> disability leave.
>>>

>> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?
>>

> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>
> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
> don't think these kids will be doing so.

Goomba,

For someone who is always whining about OT posts, gimme a break here.
Andy posted a food-related post and our mate JSB chimed in with
something completely non-food-related. So I did what you normally do and
took him task about this.... What's good for the goose, is good for the
gander, isn't it - <that's the OBFood part>

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy wrote:
> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?
>>>

>> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>>
>> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
>> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
>> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
>> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to
>> be aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
>> don't think these kids will be doing so.

> Goomba,
>
> For someone who is always whining about OT posts, gimme a break here.
> Andy posted a food-related post and our mate JSB chimed in with
> something completely non-food-related. So I did what you normally do and
> took him task about this.... What's good for the goose, is good for the
> gander, isn't it - <that's the OBFood part>

Right. I agreed with you and suggested the question asked by Joe to Andy
was one that he could have written to Andy privately.

The egg question still stands though (obFood) as I really would like to
support these kids fund raising but really don't know if I'll find more
icky eggs than the rare one you buy at the market?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Goomba38" > wrote in message
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>>>
>>> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
>>> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
>>> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
>>> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
>>> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
>>> don't think these kids will be doing so.

>> Goomba,
>>
>> For someone who is always whining about OT posts, gimme a break here.
>> Andy posted a food-related post and our mate JSB chimed in with something
>> completely non-food-related. So I did what you normally do and took him
>> task about this.... What's good for the goose, is good for the gander,
>> isn't it - <that's the OBFood part>
>>

> Right. I agreed with you and suggested the question asked by Joe to Andy
> was one that he could have written to Andy privately.

cluck cluck cluck....

Until you know why I asked, you are not qualified to comment.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chatty Cathy said...

> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?
>>>

>> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>>
>> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
>> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
>> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
>> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
>> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
>> don't think these kids will be doing so.

> Goomba,
>
> For someone who is always whining about OT posts, gimme a break here.
> Andy posted a food-related post and our mate JSB chimed in with
> something completely non-food-related. So I did what you normally do and
> took him task about this.... What's good for the goose, is good for the
> gander, isn't it - <that's the OBFood part>

OK, Cathy, kindly step aside.

I work at Minding My Own Business, Inc.

As for the likes of JoeSpareHeadroom, he's permanently at the bottom of a
long list of people on the "no need to know" list.

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Quick picks at Trader Joe's. -- home (or city!) raised eggs

Goomba38 wrote:

> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
> don't think these kids will be doing so.

Little chicken knowledge (long):

First of all, home raised eggs, raised on good (organic?) feed and
kitchen scraps beat the commercial egg hands down. You should be able
to see a difference in the quality of the yolks and also you should be
able to get the eggs fresh whereas supermarket eggs are often already
4-6 weeks old. If you've never had a fresh egg, you're in for a treat,
just remember you shouldn't boil a fresh egg because they don't peel.
Make sure you wash the eggs because they may not have which on one hand
preserves the protective outer membrane but on the other hand means that
the egg may have dirt and bacteria from the nest or the chicken (um, a
chicken only has one hole if that makes sense) so if you know they are
not washing them, do so.

If your friend has both roosters and hens and keeps them together then
it's possible that you will be getting fertilized eggs, but if they
gather them on a regular basis (i.e. every morning, twice in summer
heat) then that egg has no way to incubate and develop and you'll never
see the difference. Also a hen has to want to sit on eggs to incubate
them and usually they don't and just lay it and wander off. If they
gather on a regular basis, have built nests for the hens so they know
where all the eggs are and snatch away the eggs from any broody hens,
you have nothing at all to worry about. Farm stand eggs are often
fertilized and nobody is the wiser.

If she is raising free range, organic or at least free range, 1.00/dozen
is dirt cheap -- she should be able to sell them for 3.00 or 4.00 in
some places (I've even seen 5 in some farmer's markets), but if she only
has 20 chickens, it's probably more for fun. (fyi, a chicken will lay 1
egg ever 2-3 days so you can do the math) I can't imagine the price
will stay that way if she has to buy cartons. Enjoy! I used to raise
chickens in the city and I miss it!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Chatty Cathy said...
>
>> Goomba38 wrote:

>>> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>>>
>>> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
>>> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
>>> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
>>> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
>>> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
>>> don't think these kids will be doing so.

>> Goomba,
>>
>> For someone who is always whining about OT posts, gimme a break here.
>> Andy posted a food-related post and our mate JSB chimed in with
>> something completely non-food-related. So I did what you normally do and
>> took him task about this.... What's good for the goose, is good for the
>> gander, isn't it - <that's the OBFood part>

> OK, Cathy, kindly step aside.
>
> I work at Minding My Own Business, Inc.
>
> As for the likes of JoeSpareHeadroom, he's permanently at the bottom of a
> long list of people on the "no need to know" list.
>
> Andy

I wondered, because I can't imagine anyone would get excited enough to post
their shopping list when it includes nothing but run of the mill items. May
as well have been pocket lint. But, at least it was a refreshing change from
your usual nonsense about marshmallow lard milk shakes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Goomba38 wrote:

> Right. I agreed with you and suggested the question asked by Joe to Andy
> was one that he could have written to Andy privately.

Fair enough. But I thought you were talking to "me"

> The egg question still stands though (obFood) as I really would like to
> support these kids fund raising but really don't know if I'll find more
> icky eggs than the rare one you buy at the market?

Getting back to your original question:

"Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
don't think these kids will be doing so."

Nothing you need to be aware of. Except to buy them and enjoy. I have
had several hens (down to one now - long story) - their eggs are really
good. I just collect the eggs, wash them in clean running water and put
them in the fridge - they will last a good week or two. Nothing better
than a "farm" fresh fried egg. Gotta wait a few days before you boil
them or they are not easy to peel.
--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Apr 20, 1:11 pm, Goomba38 > wrote:
> Chatty Cathy wrote:
>
> >> No. I wanted to know if Andy is either retired, or on permanent
> >> disability leave.

> > And?? what does this have to do with the price of eggs?

> Sounds like something best left to direct email.
>
> Price of eggs: a friend of mine now has about 20 to 30 chickens. Her
> children will be collecting the eggs and selling them for $1.00/dozen.
> She's been asking everyone to collect their egg cartons for her. I've
> never used home laid eggs, and wonder if there is anything I need to be
> aware of? I know commercial egg producers "candle" their eggs but I
> don't think these kids will be doing so.

My sister has a few chickens and gives me eggs on occasion. Very
different than what you buy in the stores. She feeds them organic
feed, if that makes any difference. The yolks are waaay yellower-
almost orange.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> OK, Cathy, kindly step aside.

<Cathy steps aside>

Yes sir-ee!

> I work at Minding My Own Business, Inc.
>
> As for the likes of JoeSpareHeadroom, he's permanently at the bottom of a
> long list of people on the "no need to know" list.

This is true.

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Chatty Cathy" > wrote in message
> Andy wrote:
>

>> OK, Cathy, kindly step aside.

> <Cathy steps aside>
>
> Yes sir-ee!
>>
>> I work at Minding My Own Business, Inc.
>>
>> As for the likes of JoeSpareHeadroom, he's permanently at the bottom of a
>> long list of people on the "no need to know" list.

> This is true.
>
> --
> Cheers
> Chatty Cathy

cluck...cluck...cluck...cluck ol' hen!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

JoeSpareBedroom wrote:

> cluck...cluck...cluck...cluck ol' hen!

<squawk>

--
Cheers
Chatty Cathy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:18:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
>>
>> Today's haul, as minimal as it is:
>>
>> Trader Joe's Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.
>> A nice change of pace! Mild heat sneaks up on you mostly as an aftertaste.
>> It's gonna make a spicy spinach, tomato and cheese omelette. Maybe melted
>> on a Mexcellent cheeseburger. It's certainly good on TJ's all natural
>> "Woven Wheat Wafers" crackers.
>>
>> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
>> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>>
>> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
>>
>> Another bar of Valrhona 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>>
>> One woman picked up two mini New York style cheesecakes. I said "they're
>> worth every penny, er, calorie." "We don't discuss calories," she replied
>> with a smile.
>>
>> Andy

>Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?

what's it to you?

are you a full-time asshole, or is it just a hobby?

your pal,
blake
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:18:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
>>>
>>> Today's haul, as minimal as it is:
>>>
>>> Trader Joe's Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.
>>> A nice change of pace! Mild heat sneaks up on you mostly as an
>>> aftertaste.
>>> It's gonna make a spicy spinach, tomato and cheese omelette. Maybe
>>> melted
>>> on a Mexcellent cheeseburger. It's certainly good on TJ's all natural
>>> "Woven Wheat Wafers" crackers.
>>>
>>> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
>>> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
>>>
>>> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
>>>
>>> Another bar of Valrhona 85% cocoa dark chocolate.
>>>
>>> One woman picked up two mini New York style cheesecakes. I said "they're
>>> worth every penny, er, calorie." "We don't discuss calories," she
>>> replied
>>> with a smile.
>>>
>>> Andy

>>Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?
>>

> what's it to you?
>
> are you a full-time asshole, or is it just a hobby?
>
> your pal,
> blake

Full time, licensed, bonded.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

merryb wrote:

> My sister has a few chickens and gives me eggs on occasion. Very
> different than what you buy in the stores. She feeds them organic
> feed, if that makes any difference. The yolks are waaay yellower-
> almost orange.

Do you notice any increase of bad or fertilized eggs? I have this fear
of breaking open an egg and finding something terribly unpleasant. It
has only happened to me once (a chick, I swear) but it was horrible.
I break my eggs into a small bowl individually before adding them to a
recipe just to avoid the chance of ruining a bowl full of ingredients.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article > ,
"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" > wrote:

> Andy <q> :
>
> > When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
> >
> > Today's haul, as minimal as it is:
> >
> > Trader Joe's Jalapeño Monterey Jack Cheese.

> Good stuff. I really like it.

An addiction at our house too

> > A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.

We do the raw almonds or low salt cashews here. We also love their
dried cranberries, dried blenheim apricots, husband loves the banana
chips too.

I was there on Wednesday and picked up their ready made pie crust. I'm
not a fan of these generally, but there brana was pretty good. It
contains actual butter which might be the difference. At any rate, one
of the crusts was used for a strawberry pie which we quite enjoyed.

I picked up some of the regular unsalted butter. Let us know if you
notice any difference in taste with the orgainc you purchased.

I'm in love with the frozen garlic in cubes. My family thinks I'm weird
but I do love them - so convenient at times.

I don't remember who mentioned the carrot cake cupcakes but at this
point I have banned myself from that section of the store. They are
wicked and not good for my waistline so I have to resist. But, good
carrot cake and no raisins!

marcella
Posted to rec.food.cooking

> The egg question still stands though (obFood) as I really would like to
> support these kids fund raising but really don't know if I'll find more
> icky eggs than the rare one you buy at the market?

Goomba38:

Fresh noncommercial eggs are special. If there is a question to their
soundness, break each one into a cup for inspection before using.

Kit

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:

> Skyhooks said...
>
> > Andy wrote:
> >>
> >> When in town, I always stop at Trader Joe's just out of habit.
> >>

> > (snip)
> >>
> >> 1 lb. of Trader Joe's Organic unsalted butter.
> >> Don't think it much matters, just want to taste the difference, if any.
> >>
> >> A 1 lb. bag of dry roasted pistachios.
> >>

> > (snip)
> >>
> >> Andy

> > Just out of curiousity, what were the prices of the butter and
> > pistachios? I've seen organic butter going for about $7/lb (give or
> > take a bit) in my neck of the woods (midwest). I recently bought a
> > pound of pistachios for about $4/lb.
> >
> > Sky, who likes to compare regional prices

> Sky,
>
> The organic unsalted butter was $4.79/lb.
> The large pistachios were $4.69/1 lb. bag
>
> Andy

Andy, thanks

Sky
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:24:42 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> wrote:

>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:18:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
>> > wrote:

>>>Are you retired, or on permanent disability leave? Or what?
>>>

>> what's it to you?
>>
>> are you a full-time asshole, or is it just a hobby?
>>
>> your pal,
>> blake

>Full time, licensed, bonded.

good to know. if i ever need an (additional) asshole, you'll be the
first person i'll call.

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"blake murphy" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:24:42 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
> > wrote:
>
>>"blake murphy" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:18:41 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

>>> what's it to you?
>>>
>>> are you a full-time asshole, or is it just a hobby?
>>>
>>> your pal,
>>> blake

>>Full time, licensed, bonded.
>>

> good to know. if i ever need an (additional) asshole, you'll be the
> first person i'll call.
>
> your pal,
> blake

Thank you.